So who's next then

wanderer

rudi must stay
51 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If true, the guys 6ft 3 and looks proper quality but we have Ikpeazu and Lafferty as the big fellies upfront. Is Lafferty offski? 

He looks pretty good, don't think he looks amazing. But seems to have good movement in the box and knows where the goal is. Would be a useful addition 

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

2 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

I would like to see us sign Ryan Edwards, as has previously been suggested, if he is still a free agent after Jags relegation. We know him, he knows the league, very good all round midfielder, low risk signing. Along with a combination from Cochrane, Burns, Lee, Djoum to come back and hopefully Adao and/or Milinkovic we should be much more forward/attack minded from the middle of the park.

I have been impressed with Edwards any time I've seen him at Tynie.  However, some of the remarks from Plastic Whistle fans suggest that form is not consistent.  Despite that I would still take him because he always seems to want to drive forward and playing in a better team with (presumably) better coaching I think he would do well.

ford donald
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have been impressed with Edwards any time I've seen him at Tynie.  However, some of the remarks from Plastic Whistle fans suggest that form is not consistent.  Despite that I would still take him because he always seems to want to drive forward and playing in a better team with (presumably) better coaching I think he would do well.

Looks a useful player to me,low cost, should sign  him.

3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Looks a useful player to me,low cost, should sign  him.

If Scott Fraser is the alternative I would prioritise him

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Edwards has looked useful whenever I've seen him. High energy type 

Futurejambo
2 hours ago, StanLaurel said:

Martin 

Callachan

L. Smith

Sammon

Zanatta 

Martin contracted - making plenty dough playing occasionally for 20s won’t go unless paid off.

Callacfan - contracted massive Jambo won’t leave unless paid off.

L. Smith - contracted, u 21 international, championship team of the year, won’t be released, hearts probably looking for £100k plus to sell, Sunderland maybe, Jack Ross big fan of Smith.

Sammin - contracted, be surprised if anyone would buy, will only walk if decent offers elsewhere- MLS ?? 

Zanatta - contracted, long way from home, won’t leave unless compensation package is good. Another loan beckons IMO 

1 minute ago, Futurejambo said:

Martin contracted - making plenty dough playing occasionally for 20s won’t go unless paid off.

L. Smith - contracted, u 21 international, championship team of the year, won’t be released, hearts probably looking for £100k plus to sell, Sunderland maybe, Jack Ross big fan of Smith.

Sammin - contracted, be surprised if anyone would buy, will only walk if decent offers elsewhere- MLS ?? 

Zanatta - contracted, long way from home, won’t leave unless compensation package is good. Another loan beckons IMO 

Those 5 are not good enough for us imo 

Big difference between Ross rating Smith in Scottish Championship compared to trying to get promoted to English Championship 

Physical and quick nature of English football would crucify Liam Smith 

Futurejambo
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Those 5 are not good enough for us imo 

Big difference between Ross rating Smith in Scottish Championship compared to trying to get promoted to English Championship 

Physical and quick nature of English football would crucify Liam Smith 

Football is all about opinions and you have made it clear in the past that your not a fan of Smith, appears he has had a very good season ( yes in the championship) but Ross thinks he can progress further, whether that is at hearts remains to be seen but apparently CL is also a fan. Where does league 1 compare with Scottish leagues, who knows.

Martin, Sammon I agree not good enough. Not seen enough of Zanatta this year to make judgement.

i would keep Callachan as squad player.

10 hours ago, Futurejambo said:

We won't get anything for Smith.

Find it strange so many are writing off Zanatta.

He seems to be a decent young player who has worked hard.

Bulked up considerably over the last year and has scored some impressive goals while out on loan.

I can still see him making an impact.

7 hours ago, James1874f said:

Just checked him out a bit and your right he can be used in midfield or further up The pitch I assumed he was just a LB going by the that he will be our new RB :laugh:

Ideally Garuccio will solve our long standing LB problem. Maybe Burns and Garuccio will share the left side duties as a partnership, one goes one covers. We may though still need cover for the left side. I am very hopeful that we are now building a squad for the future with the signings so far and by getting them in early we can hit the ground running.

Finlay James
3 hours ago, Bauld said:

Find it strange so many are writing off Zanatta.

He seems to be a decent young player who has worked hard.

Bulked up considerably over the last year and has scored some impressive goals while out on loan.

I can still see him making an impact.

I agree, he is written off far too early.  He has made an impact every time he has played for our 1st team and has done well on loan.  The work he does in the gym also suggests that he is determined to succeed.

I think he'll be a key part of the squad next season and fight for a place.

Im also interested to see how Callumn Morrison does now that he is also back from loan and done very well at Stirling Albion and as part of a very struggling side in Brechin.  He could be our surprise package.

BackOfTheNet
9 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

David Vaněček

If you mean this guy, then he certainly looks suited to the Scottish game:

(For those checking Wikipedia, the link on the no.28 on the Teplice squad page appears to be for a different Vanacek)

As others have said though, would be strange to bring him in with Lafferty, McLean and Ikpeazu already there. Unless Craig is thinking two up top and therefore having 4 strikers (can’t really count Naismith as one if he stays) for rotation.

If it is the guy in the video we need players who can cross a ball though, as there wasn’t too much of that last season.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

I don’t think the guy they’re talking about has a Wikipedia page. I think it’s the no.28 who plays for Teplice and when you go to Teplice’s Wikipedia page and go to their squad and click on the link for no.28 it takes it to the page you’ve linked. Which isn’t a Teplice player and said Teplice player certainly ain’t 5’5.

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If you mean this guy, then he certainly looks suited to the Scottish game:

(For those checking Wikipedia, the link on the no.28 on the Teplice squad page appears to be for a different Vanacek)

As others have said though, would be strange to bring him in with Lafferty, McLean and Ikpeazu already there. Unless Craig is thinking two up top and therefore having 4 strikers (can’t really count Naismith as one if he stays) for rotation.

If it is the guy in the video we need players who can cross a ball though, as there wasn’t too much of that last season.

That's him.

Cruyff Turn
9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

He looks pretty good, don't think he looks amazing. But seems to have good movement in the box and knows where the goal is. Would be a useful addition 

He looks like a direct replacement for Kyle Lafferty. 

Captain Canada

My list of players were those I thought would leave, one way or another. 

I like Zanatta and would hope he'd get a chance this season but I think he might want to make a permanent switch if he's not going to play every week. 

Clerry Jambo

Hearts want Demetri Mitchell to return despite Garuccio swoop

Barry Anderson
4-5 minutes

940362445?-347:821
Demetri Mitchell
Demetri Mitchell

Published: 06:30 Friday 01 June 2018

Hearts still want Manchester United’s Demetri Mitchell back at Tynecastle next season despite signing the Australian full-back Ben Garuccio.

Manager Craig Levein believes Garuccio’s style is similar to Mitchell’s but hopes United will again loan their defender to the Edinburgh club. Levein intends to carry two left-backs in his first-team squad and was pleased with Mitchell after loaning him from Old Trafford in January. Injury interrupted his progress but he proved himself a useful attacking full-back in 11 Hearts appearances. Levein must wait until late summer before learning whether Mitchell can return after his pre-season commitments at United. The manager has already made it clear he covets another deal for the Englishman.

Ben Garuccio

Ben Garuccio

“We needed two left-backs anyway and both of them can play further forward. We only have Ben for now. We don’t have another left-sided left-back at the club,” Levein said.

“Demi’s situation is out of our control. It looks like he’s going to America with Man United so it will be well into July before we know what’s going on. I couldn’t afford to put all my eggs in that basket.”

Garuccio, 22, signed a three-year deal with Hearts last week after leaving the Australian club Adelaide United on freedom of contract. He is from the same mould as Mitchell, according to Levein.

“I really like him. He’s a forward-thinking player, much like Demetri,” explained the manager. “He crosses the ball a lot and he’s quick with good stamina. He isn’t 6ft tall but, with Christophe Berra on that side of the pitch, it’s much the same situation as with Demi. Christophe is like one-and-a-half defenders, so that allows us to be a bit more adventurous on that side.

“I thought Demi was our left-back solution already so our last experience in that position was very positive. It’s finding somebody who can compare and match up to Demi’s qualities because he was ideal for us. I feel Ben can do that.

“He has played a lot of games and I know a good bit about his character. Aaron Hughes played with him in Australia and [former Hearts defender] Paddy Kisnorbo worked with him as well. It was quite easy to find out about him and I’m really pleased with his character. When I met him, I was delighted with his approach and his attitude. I’m looking forward to working with him.”

Bazzas right boot

Naismith.

Milinkovic

1 quality mid

1 centre half

anyone else to replace someone that leaves, I can see Smith leaving for 1st team football and maybe bids for Lafferty and Souttar to ponder. They would need replaced.

Sammon and Martin to go- no need to replace.

I'd stick with young Ross, made a big step up, he's a low earner and atm is our only goal threat from the middle, if he can polish up his all round play ( from a 4/10 to a 6/10- full pre season with us and having some top level experience) and continue his goal scoring he'd be very useful.

The fans tend to give up to easily sometimes on players.

Czech lad looks like a big powerful laddie. Wouldn't really surprise me if we bring in another Striker given that Naismith returning is no sure thing and the fact we missed out on Leon De Kogel in the last window. I actually think Lafferty plays best just off a number 9 as he likes to come in from the wide areas, which is why him and Naismith seemed a bit too similar in game thinking at times. We really missed a focal point up top and this lad looks to be able to play right on the defenders. Maybe that is what they are hoping for from McLean but if he isn't going to play every week we need a talisman. Even Uche seems to drive in from deep. Good window so far for entertainment value...

10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I believe there are two cousins, just from what I was reading online, both with the exact same name and both footballers who also played for the same club at one point. I'm not sure but possibly some of the articles available online aren't always referring to the same cousin.

Reminds me of this somehow..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/23/ali-dia-mystery-footballer-bluffed-way-onto-premier-league-pitch/

11 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think the truth is that not just us but many fans of other clubs all laughed at Lafferty and couldn't understand why Sevco signed him. I think the teams he has played with since then, and the manner in which Northern Ireland have being playing recently has benefited him a lot and we now have someone who can get goals and is also willing to work backwards when the ball is lost.

From what I'd seen of him previously I never thought he'd get so many goals for us, particularly in a team that wasn't exactly swashbuckling. However, his willingness to work hard has really surprised me. Seems to be right at home here. Plays with a smile on his face and could have a great season next season

57 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

From what I'd seen of him previously I never thought he'd get so many goals for us, particularly in a team that wasn't exactly swashbuckling. However, his willingness to work hard has really surprised me. Seems to be right at home here. Plays with a smile on his face and could have a great season next season

I was the same...but the boy is fast becoming a real Hearts favorite of mine...His celebration against Celtic will live long in the memory...

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He looks like a direct replacement for Kyle Lafferty. 

Couple of posts you've made reference to lafferty leaving.  Do you want him to go? Our highest scoring striker in decades??

johnthomas
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Couple of posts you've made reference to lafferty leaving.  Do you want him to go? Our highest scoring striker in decades??

Wouldn't think anyone would want Lafferty to go . Maybe not even him ?

But if offers are there money will talk .

Would be a pity but , for the right money , should be seen as good business .

Can't see us bringing in another striker otherwise .

Not saying it's going to happen but surely it's common for one (incoming) deal being dependent on another (outgoing) deal ?

3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Wouldn't think anyone would want Lafferty to go . Maybe not even him ?

But if offers are there money will talk .

Would be a pity but , for the right money , should be seen as good business .

Can't see us bringing in another striker otherwise .

Not saying it's going to happen but surely it's common for one (incoming) deal being dependent on another (outgoing) deal ?

I think you may be right, unfortunately. 

I would like to keep him but he won't have many big pay days left, so who knows

And if the fee is big enough Hearts will be sorely tempted.

Four faces
47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you may be right, unfortunately. 

I would like to keep him but he won't have many big pay days left, so who knows

And if the fee is big enough Hearts will be sorely tempted.

It all depends.If Levein sees him as invaluable then a contract extension is surely on the agenda.If not it would be bad business to let an asset run down his contract and leave for nothing, so the future of Kyle Lafferty being part of future plans, rests on agreement on an extension.IMO.

2 minutes ago, Four faces said:

It all depends.If Levein sees him as invaluable then a contract extension is surely on the agenda.If not it would be bad business to let an asset run down his contract and leave for nothing, so the future of Kyle Lafferty being part of future plans, rests on agreement on an extension.IMO.

That could well be a big factor.

Cruyff Turn
45 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No I don't, I think with better players around him and better service he could hit 20 plus next season but I don't think he's irreplaceable either, especially if its with the standard of player like the chap mentioned from a league which some might say is better than ours and has always brought us good players. If this rumour has any truth to it, (which it could do because it's so random, and we've just signed a Czech keeper who was under contract at Zlin in the same league, possibly through the same contact or agent),  it looks very much like a direct replacement to me.

The reason I believe that is because we already have Ikpeazu, MacLean and Lafferty, all 6ft and over, all of them are sort of central strikers who play with their back to goal, hold up the ball, link play etc... as opposed to running the channels or playing on the shoulder of the last man, although to be fair, Lafferty can do that too, possibly even prefers it, but all of them are much of a muchness. This Czech lad looks very much like Lafferty to me, almost identical in height, stature, the way he plays, the 'type of striker he is'. Of course, Levein might just fancy having 2 massive strikers to dominate Centre backs, who knows? but I'd have thought that if we were looking to bring in another striker it would have been Naismith, who is more of a supporting striker, or someone who has loads of pace, who will do all the running for the big guy. If you look at Leveins teams, he's usually had the big guy/wee'r guy partnership upfront, De Vries/Kirk/Wales or Hunt/Miller or Sandaza, 

I'd also imagine that Kyle Lafferty is a player that a lot of clubs the world over will be looking at, especially in the MLS who seem to have taken an interest in recruiting from our league. Lafferty is probably one of our highest earners too, he's in his 30's now, his contracts up at the end of next season and with such an overhaul needed , it may be that he's someone we feel that, if we can find a replacement, then we' will be quite open to offers as we'd get a few bob for him no doubt. 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No I don't, I think with better players around him and better service he could hit 20 plus next season but I don't think he's irreplaceable either, especially if its with the standard of player like the chap mentioned from a league which some might say is better than ours and has always brought us good players. If this rumour has any truth to it, (which it could do because it's so random, and we've just signed a Czech keeper who was under contract at Zlin in the same league, possibly through the same contact or agent),  it looks very much like a direct replacement to me.

The reason I believe that is because we already have Ikpeazu, MacLean and Lafferty, all 6ft and over, all of them are sort of central strikers who play with their back to goal, hold up the ball, link play etc... as opposed to running the channels or playing on the shoulder of the last man, although to be fair, Lafferty can do that too, possibly even prefers it, but all of them are much of a muchness. This Czech lad looks very much like Lafferty to me, almost identical in height, stature, the way he plays, the 'type of striker he is'. Of course, Levein might just fancy having 2 massive strikers to dominate Centre backs, who knows? but I'd have thought that if we were looking to bring in another striker it would have been Naismith, who is more of a supporting striker, or someone who has loads of pace, who will do all the running for the big guy. If you look at Leveins teams, he's usually had the big guy/wee'r guy partnership upfront, De Vries/Kirk/Wales or Hunt/Miller or Sandaza, 

I'd also imagine that Kyle Lafferty is a player that a lot of clubs the world over will be looking at, especially in the MLS who seem to have taken an interest in recruiting from our league. Lafferty is probably one of our highest earners too, he's in his 30's now, his contracts up at the end of next season and with such an overhaul needed , it may be that he's someone we feel that, if we can find a replacement, then we' will be quite open to offers as we'd get a few bob for him no doubt. 

Good answer.

20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good post. 

Everyone has their price and I would not be surprised if Lafferty leaves. Hopefully not, though as he seems to be settled and loves it here.

MLS is the only real danger I can see...hes been at a lot of clubs and this is the most game time and goals he's got in a while. He's 30 (I think) so he's no value beyond this contract, he seems settle and he's got a lot of baggage. So long as he and Mrs L are settled I don't see him going. 

If you look at the signings so far McLean is back up no doubt about it, Ikpeazu looks like a battering ram that can sit on the centre half and cause problems and lafferty likes to have the ball in front of him. If we got another big striker in he'd be competition for Ikpeazu not Kyle.

Saint Jambo
4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hearts want Demetri Mitchell to return despite Garuccio swoop

Barry Anderson
4-5 minutes

Published: 06:30 Friday 01 June 2018 

“Demi’s situation is out of our control. It looks like he’s going to America with Man United so it will be well into July before we know what’s going on."

Can anyone explain why we have to wait until after this Man U tour to find out what is going on with Mitchell? Is the theory that if he performs well on tour Man U might want to keep him for their first team squad this season? Otherwise I see no reason a loan deal couldn't be signed that has a start date after this tour. It seems to me to be leaving things late if there is then a decision that he isn't coming back.

On a related note, I see the Wallace fall out with Rangers is back in the paper. I know lots of posters are averse to bringing back ex players. But whilst I'd rather have Mitchell at left back, if you offered me the definite signature of Wallace on a 2 year contract or a 50/50 chance of signing Mitchell for a season, I might be tempted to opt for Wallace.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Can anyone explain why we have to wait until after this Man U tour to find out what is going on with Mitchell? Is the theory that if he performs well on tour Man U might want to keep him for their first team squad this season? Otherwise I see no reason a loan deal couldn't be signed that has a start date after this tour. It seems to me to be leaving things late if there is then a decision that he isn't coming back.

On a related note, I see the Wallace fall out with Rangers is back in the paper. I know lots of posters are averse to bringing back ex players. But whilst I'd rather have Mitchell at left back, if you offered me the definite signature of Wallace on a 2 year contract or a 50/50 chance of signing Mitchell for a season, I might be tempted to opt for Wallace.

It's to do with Man Utd needing as many players as possible for their tour commitments. With a world cup happening quite a few first team players will be still on a break to recover. As managers have said these international tours the bug clubs now do are for one reason, money as they are the worst prep for the season.

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It's to do with Man Utd needing as many players as possible for their tour commitments. With a world cup happening quite a few first team players will be still on a break to recover. As managers have said these international tours the bug clubs now do are for one reason, money as they are the worst prep for the season.

Correct.

The majority of the EPL clubs take their squad to the likes of USA and Asia purely for financial reasons and of course the fact that more than half their fan-base is in these countries

Saint Jambo
30 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I get that. But why not sign a loan agreement now that will see him join us after the tour?

heartsfc_fan

I'm surprised we haven't yet announced that McLaughlin, Hughes, Naismith, Milinkovic, Adao and Mitchell are away.

All are out of contract. We announced Buaben and Randall are away so it could be we are trying to keep all the above still?

rudi must stay

I actually think Levein rates Lafferty very highly, he said last season "when he's fit he'll play" IIRC. These new signings are interesting options, I must admit I don't have a clue how we'll play next season up front

BackOfTheNet

When we have players playing well I fear they’ll leave, each window this happens (Souttar in this one) But I just don’t havevthe the same fear with Lafferty. I can’t see him uprooting anywhere with a new baby on the way and his wife likely wanting to have family around her.

BackOfTheNet
26 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I get that. But why not sign a loan agreement now that will see him join us after the tour?

Because if he signs on loan and gets injured on tour we’ll be stuck with the loan commitment and with the rule about one loanee per club we wouldn’t be able to go back to Man U for another is my guess.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

MLS is the only real danger I can see...hes been at a lot of clubs and this is the most game time and goals he's got in a while. He's 30 (I think) so he's no value beyond this contract, he seems settle and he's got a lot of baggage. So long as he and Mrs L are settled I don't see him going. 

If you look at the signings so far McLean is back up no doubt about it, Ikpeazu looks like a battering ram that can sit on the centre half and cause problems and lafferty likes to have the ball in front of him. If we got another big striker in he'd be competition for Ikpeazu not Kyle.

His misses is pregnant, would be a pretty terrible time to uproot from Scotland and move for them both - he wont be leaving this summer and hopefully we are looking at extending his deal.

Michael McGovern free to leave Norwich.

Maybe Naismith will follow if they’re having a clear out? 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Pagey said:

Michael McGovern free to leave Norwich.

Maybe Naismith will follow if they’re having a clear out? 

Now there would be a signing. Hope we're interested

Cruyff Turn

We've been linked with David Vanecek in this Czech Article.

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/fotbal-1-liga-rocnik-2017-18/336532/olomouc-shani-utocnika-pro-evropu-prijde-z-teplic-vanecek.html

The plan is clear: get an attacker. Olomouc, after the end of the hosting of Jakub Řezníčka, is keenly looking for a spike that would be competitive even in the European league. According to the information in the Sport diary, negotiations with teplickým David Vaněčkem are already underway.

However, the shapely Forvarda, which scored 10 league goals in the last season, has a keen interest in more clubs. and abroad. David Vaněček currently chooses between the offers of Sigmy and Scottish Heart of Midlothian. The decision should be made during holidays in Crete.
Splašit in the Czech conditions of quality hroťáka for relatively reasonable money, it is kumšt. And almost yearly work of sports directors. If you do not work in Prague "S" or Pilsen, the above standard Borce, which shoots 10 goals and more, you have no chance to maintain long-term.

They know about this in Olomouc, which Tomáš Chorého in winter blew just new master. In addition, Dvoumetrový Habán among the renowned kanonýry do not belong (scored 2 goals in the autumn). But sick was after experiments with Halenárem, Depetrisem, Mahmutovičem, Malcem and others who finally close a hole after Martin Doležal. That Sigma blithely lost four years ago...
In the spring Zalepil Hanácký Club Place on the tip of Jakub Řezníčkem. The guest from Pilsen scored six goals, it is not possible to say that he would not be downright forfeited. However, both the Olomouc leadership and the implementation team represented better in-game benefits and diet.
The search goes on. The highest in the list of selected attackers is currently David Vaněček from Teplice, which ends the contract at the end of the year in the north of Bohemia. And on that Sigma, which still has no owner, he hears.
Likewise, it stabs the financial injections for Pilsen to the Champions League, which was part of the Chorého bonus. "Interested in Vaněčka mo

There's two Czech players with the name David Vanacek, they're cousins - anyone know which one we're supposedly interested in? I couldn't tell from the translated article.

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

There's two Czech players with the name David Vanacek, they're cousins - anyone know which one we're supposedly interested in? I couldn't tell from the translated article.

????...