So who's next then

wanderer

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

Wonder if Zanatta could be converted to a left wing back for cover ?

Nah. He will end up in the Championship I reckon. 

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Would we be happy if nobody else arrived?

Probably - but I still reckon that there will be a couple of others coming in.

Escobar PHM
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Reasonably. Couple of gaps in cover and wish we had the money to get Vanecek in from the start, but otherwise fairly happy with what Ive seen so far

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

As long as Lafferty stays wouldn't be unhappy, reckon Burns can do a turn as cover at left wing back if we don't get Demi, got a lot of young attacking talent as well out wide and it doesn't look like we'll be using wingers much anyway, still think we lack a holding player but maybe the midfielders we have will improve in this area as they gel 

On 31/07/2018 at 10:00, Haken said:

This thread has taken a bit of a different direction.  Sherlock style!  :laugh:

Makes it fun inbetween the news and rumours parts though. 

4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Could Driver do a job, experienced wide player, really don't know what sort of form he is in....

Barry Anderson @BarryAnderson_ 22m22 minutes ago

Into August and Andy Driver (30) is still without a club after leaving De Graafschap. Trained with St Johnstone but no deal. Decent free agent for someone in Scotland or England needing a left midfielder.

The fact he was used at left back as well would suggest he has worked on a part of his game that would make him an even better fit for our current shape providing we stick with wingbacks.

Maybe at the stage in his career where he wants to be assured playing time though and not sure we'd be able to guarantee that. Garuccio certainly looks a find so far but needs cover and not convinced with Mulraney yet (early days still od course)

So English clubs have 8 days to sign Demetri Mitchell.

We’ll know better where we stand on that front then in short measure 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Blow for Driver not getting a deal at Saints. Shame, player I really liked but daresay his best days were with us

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So English clubs have 8 days to sign Demetri Mitchell.

We’ll know better where we stand on that front then in short measure 

That might be a Premier League rule only, not certain though

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

How lucky are we to have Steven Naismith. At my age you shouldn't have favourite players. But he is :lol:

Remember listening to the old Sportsound Through the Window programme years ago, praying we would move for him.

Now we have him and bits to work off him, I think he is going to be player of the year material for the entire league.

If we add 2 more players, we are going to give this a go and we seem to be sailing pleasantly under the radar for the moment.

I agree with you about Naismith. I think this season we will see what type of player he really is. What a player to have at our club. We are in for a treat this season. Out with Celtic, we have the bestlayer in this league. Can't wait to see him in action this season. I'll be surprised if he isn't a hero for us. Credit to the board and levein for pulling this off. A privelage to have a player of that quality to watch. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

That might be a Premier League rule only, not certain though

English Football League as well. Not sure what the loan situation is though. 

5 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

English Football League as well. Not sure what the loan situation is though. 

the sides below epl can sign loan players up to 31st august

1 hour ago, Elmore said:

I agree with you about Naismith. I think this season we will see what type of player he really is. What a player to have at our club. We are in for a treat this season. Out with Celtic, we have the bestlayer in this league. Can't wait to see him in action this season. I'll be surprised if he isn't a hero for us. Credit to the board and levein for pulling this off. A privelage to have a player of that quality to watch. 

And that Clown Sutton said that his legs had gone.

I think we’ll get a RB/RWB, a LB/LWB, a Left Winger,  a Right Winger, a Defensive Midfielder and a another Striker if KL leaves.

5 to come in imo.....several still to leave.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

I think we’ll get a RB/RWB, a LB/LWB, a Left Winger,  a Right Winger, a Defensive Midfielder and a another Striker if KL leaves.

Jesus :lol:

We'd need to petition for a reserves reserve league 

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And that Clown Sutton said that his legs had gone.

Watch Sutton eat his words this season. Not every game, but we will see why he was an 8 million pound player this season. I said it was a privelage to have him at the club, him and Berra. 

1 minute ago, Elmore said:

Watch Sutton eat his words this season. Not every game, but we will see why he was an 8 million pound player this season. I said it was a privelage to have him at the club, him and Berra. 

He has the benefit of having played for us last season and now has done a fair bit on pre-season with us as well so his fitness levels are now back and you can see he still has a good engine on him.

Against Inverness he was still running as hard chasing everything at the end of the game as he was at the start. I also love the way he is quick to speak to the other players and offer advice which is great especially for the younger ones.

Hopefully he can stay injury free as he will be a big player for us this season.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Jesus :lol:

We'd need to petition for a reserves reserve league 

I said at the end of last season we’d get 15 in and maybe even a couple more depending on who leaves and I won’t be far away.

Edited by DH1986

rick witter
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

I said at the end of last season we’d get 15 in and maybe even a couple more depending on who leaves and I won’t be far away.

Let’s pray that this is the last transfer window we have to do this and can just add 2 or 3 quality players from now on each window. 

Edited by rick witter

Clerry Jambo
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Let’s pray that this is the last transfer window we have to do this and can just add 2 or 3 quality players from now on each window. 

Very much this

16 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Thats a bit black and white......

If we are in a position to replace 7,8,9 or 10 players with better then I’m all for it. This isn’t like the old days where players were at clubs for 5 or 6 years. As long as we keep on improving I don’t care how many players come and go each year.

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

All of that seems too good to be true and maybe even a waste.  A winger, a LB, and a DM would be sufficient really.  I don't think we need yet another RB (even if L.Smith leaves), I'd rather have 2 DMs.  But I was overly impressed with Brandon and Godinho last season.

Two wingers would be nice, but if we signed two wingers as good as Milinkovic and two wing-backs as good as Mitchell - I'd imagine we'd have two wingers as good as Milinkovic sitting on the bench most of the time.

If we sign a good DM and Mitchell I'll be happy clapping enough.

BobbyJenkins
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Pray n pray hard hallelujah. Aye...

42 minutes ago, WageThief said:

All of that seems too good to be true and maybe even a waste.  A winger, a LB, and a DM would be sufficient really.  I don't think we need yet another RB (even if L.Smith leaves), I'd rather have 2 DMs.  But I was overly impressed with Brandon and Godinho last season.

Two wingers would be nice, but if we signed two wingers as good as Milinkovic and two wing-backs as good as Mitchell - I'd imagine we'd have two wingers as good as Milinkovic sitting on the bench most of the time.

If we sign a good DM and Mitchell I'll be happy clapping enough.

I don’t see it as a waste.

M.Smith is our current RB and is no better than ‘ok’. Brandon and Godinho are out injured for a bit. L.Smith is on his way as he’s not been quoted in the first team as yet. 

I’d like to see a decent loanee RB in for minimum 6 months.

And Morrison apart we have no other proper wingers for either side of the park. We need to build a squad for several styles of play and situations.

Cruyff Turn

I'd like to see us put in an offer for Chris Cadden. only a year left on his contract, a natural right wing back and a future Scotland International. He'd strengthen us. Still cost a lot but worth it imo.

Get Demi Mitchell back.

Defensive midfielder is probably needed to allow Haring to move back to defence, or bring in another Centerhalf and keep Haring there. 

Bring Vanecek in now if Lafferty goes. 

3 players that would complete us in playing one certain way but maybe need another winger just in case we change it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I'd like to see us put in an offer for Chris Cadden. only a year left on his contract, a natural right wing back and a future Scotland International. He'd strengthen us. Still cost a lot but worth it imo.

Get Demi Mitchell back.

Defensive midfielder is probably needed to allow Haring to move back to defence, or bring in another Centerhalf and keep Haring there. 

3 players that would complete us in playing one certain way but maybe need another winger just in case we change it. 

Same wish list as myself 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, systemx said:

Just remember it was three years ago today that Oshinawa signed 

Ah the second coming. 

How we were fooled 

:sob:

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Ah the second coming. 

How we were fooled 

:sob:

I see he's been without a club since leaving us? Find it odd he didn't manage to have his agent dupe another team. 

Surprised Prince hasn't been snapped up yet either, unless I missed something. He'd make a good signing for a few SPFL clubs.

1 hour ago, systemx said:

Just remember it was three years ago today that Oshinawa signed 

GOD IS NOT GOOD

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, communist said:

I see he's been without a club since leaving us? Find it odd he didn't manage to have his agent dupe another team. 

Surprised Prince hasn't been snapped up yet either, unless I missed something. He'd make a good signing for a few SPFL clubs.

Did his agent dupe the national team as well?

8 hours ago, communist said:

Prince was meant to be joining a Turkish team don’t know if he completed deal or not

6 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Did his agent dupe the national team as well?

He must have done. :thumb:

Poor player regardless, still surprising he's been unattached for over a year. 

34 minutes ago, communist said:

Over a year?

He's only just left us!

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully a double swoop soon.

Not had many swoops lately. 

Wide player and a midfielder. 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Get Demi Mitchell back.

That Would be gravy. 

15 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Get Demi Mitchell back.

Agree with all of this

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, communist said:

You don’t get 17 caps for Nigeria unless you’ve got something about you tbf. Sometimes signings that look good on paper don’t work at all. Certainly can’t say we were “duped” into signing him. His pedigree was pretty good.

29 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

You don’t get 17 caps for Nigeria unless you’ve got something about you tbf. Sometimes signings that look good on paper don’t work at all. Certainly can’t say we were “duped” into signing him. His pedigree was pretty good.

Not sure about that, reading an article last night about the amount of  Nigerian players who fade to insignificance after a WC . Apart from his world cup appearances you can't really argue that Lobi stars and Ashod of Israel make a good pedigree.