So who's next then

wanderer

Well, its been a ferocious start to the transfer window for the JT's. I am liking the way we now keep the transfer business under the radar. I am looking at the site every day in anticipation of a new announcement. I think we will start to see a couple of central defenders targeted in the coming days and possibly another attacking mid. Does anyone know, do the guys we have signed on pre-contracts fall in to the "first of June" expiry category? if not, I can see a good few more moves once contracts fully expire. Given that McGeough and McLaughlin have not announced a move yet I am assuming that there will be a lot of movement of this type of player in the coming weeks.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

39 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Adao hopefully

35 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Milinkovic. 

If Genoa don't act like dicks over him.

These.

Mitchell as well if it’s possible.

Mister Dee

Desperate for Naismith to return -hoping that Norwich will be keen to get him off the wage bill. Will be a complicated and difficult negotiation though, I'm sure. 

Would also love Lafferty to be offered an extra couple of years. 

Oh, and for my third wish -Sammon to go to Smeltic! 

:D

when the window is open I think we'll start seeing some movement on Adao, Naismith, Milinkovic and Mitchell

we've still got just over a week until it does open so I reckon we could squeeze a new centre half in beforehand, I do wonder what the deadline is for Hughes to make his mind up

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

These.

Mitchell as well if it’s possible.

Definitely, although I think it's likely we wouldn't know about Mitchell until late July at the earliest, as Man United have already said they need players for pre-season tours and other stuff.

If we can get Adao and Milinkovic signed up for next season, things would start to look very very positive for next season :thumbsup:

Mitchell for another season would be the icing on the transfer cake!

Jamboscanbevicius

From what has been said, it is safe to say that we will be in discussions, or commencing discussions, with parents clubs for the return of Naismith, Adao, Milinkovic and Mitchell. Time will tell if these are successful and if they are permanent or loan deals, but all will be complicated as these guys are all under contract and we won't be paying big fees!

I am sure there will be one or two others that CL is looking at... certainly a backup GK and maybe another CB and CM. 

From expiring contracts, I could see us being tempted to make offers for the likes of:

In Scotland: Youssuf Mulumbu, Cammy Bell, David Templeton

In England: Craig Conway, Charlie Adam, Chris Humphrey, Clark Robertson, Connor McGrandles, Jamie Mackie, Andrew Shinnie, Shane Ferguson

Of the ones to retain,   Naismith is the priority.   Then Mitchell,  Milinkovic,  Adao.     I would be quite happy to keep Naismith, even if the others go.

Liamthejambo

We need to make sure we have left back covered , Mitchell if possible and a back up , this position has haunted us for a few seasons now 

we also need to start shipping out we’ve got some crap on our books . 

Robbo-Jambo
13 minutes ago, Liamthejambo said:

We need to make sure we have left back covered , Mitchell if possible and a back up , this position has haunted us for a few seasons now 

we also need to start shipping out we’ve got some crap on our books . 

Back up possibly already there with the Aussie signing

Mitchell please although suspect he will be needed for any marketing tour Utd are going on before Being allowed to leave on loan. 

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Adao hopefully

That last derby has soured my opinion of the guy, although generally he’s been good

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

That last derby has soured my opinion of the guy, although generally he’s been good

I thought he went steadily downhill after a fast start. He would be well down my list of priorities.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I thought he went steadily downhill after a fast start. He would be well down my list of priorities.

My thoughts as well.

If he does stay he will need to improve his self control that's for sure.

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, jambogjh said:

Adao would be my number 1 target 

Wouldn't be mine. But I think we have the midfield sorted

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

My feelings on him too. Think there's better out there that will be available to us over the summer.

11 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Didn't have a great game but he was firing into McGinn all game. Exactly the sort of player we need to give us a bit of fight

Cruyff Turn

Still need another 6 or 7. 

Naismith, Skinny, Adao, Mitchell, Centerback and a Keeper. Preferably another midfield player as well. 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Still need another 6 or 7. 

Naismith, Skinny, Adao, Mitchell, Centerback and a Keeper. Preferably another midfield player as well. 

14 signings? Crazy numbers

Some decent players on that list, would take Conway, Mackie, Mulumbu and Humphries, don't know an awful lot about some of the other names but quality on there...

I want Laff long term. No reason he can't play at the top of his game here another 2/3 years. The security surely would only be a positive ?

Famous 1874

Naismith, Milinkovic and Adao permanently then Mitchell back on loan and we’re laughing. Also get a back up goalkeeper, a younger centre half to replace Hughes and then to ship out any unwanted players/ dead wood. 

8 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Naismith, Milinkovic and Adao permanently then Mitchell back on loan and we’re laughing. Also get a back up goalkeeper, a younger centre half to replace Hughes and then to ship out any unwanted players/ dead wood. 

Have the 4 you initially mentioned not been part of the mediocrity of the last 6 months though? 

I keep seeing a clamour for loanees to return but I'm not sure if we should be looking forward rather than looking back 

Perhaps they can be part of something better. We can't dismiss what they have been part of to date though 

Finlay James

In:  Naismith, Templeton, centre half x 2, midfield general and back up GK

Out:  Cowie, Hughes, Callachan,, Martin, Sammon

gorgieheart

Agree about Adao, took a couple games to settle in, then had a couple decent games, then it was a case of watching through your fingers when he was in for a challenge..waiting for the red mist to descend and the red card to be shown !

Would take milinkovic back

Naismith if played in the hole behind striker/s 

Mitchell , if he stays fit during the preseason tour with Man Utd

Cruyff Turn
32 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

14 signings? Crazy numbers

How? That's what is needed. 

We need two Goalkeepers, we only have 1

We need 2 Left Backs, we only have one, Preferably Mitchell.

We need 4 Centerbacks, we only have 3 at the Moment (Berra, Souttar, Baur) and Souttar may be out for a while, and a serious injury to Berra and we're rubber ducked. We need another top notch central defender, especially if we play a 3 man defence.

We still need extra quality in midfield. Lee is a starter I'd presume. Djoum is out until September and won't be fully match fit until late 2018/ Feb 2019. Cochranes only 17 and won't play 40odd games next season. Cowie is past it by a couple of years and Callachans dugshit and isn't good enough to play in the SPFL . We need a Defensive midfielder, ie. Adao and another good midfield player. 

Need a first choice winger, ie. Milinkovic.

Plus Naismith. 

4 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Agree about Adao, took a couple games to settle in, then had a couple decent games, then it was a case of watching through your fingers when he was in for a challenge..waiting for the red mist to descend and the red card to be shown !

Would take milinkovic back

Naismith if played in the hole behind striker/s 

Mitchell , if he stays fit during the preseason tour with Man Utd

He was amazing against Partick at home in March. I thought we had ourselves a proper midfield general.

That Hibs performance though...he was atrocious.

rudi must stay

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We need 4 Centerbacks, we only have 3 at the Moment (Berra, Souttar, Baur) and Souttar may be out for a while, and a serious injury to Berra and we're rubber ducked. We need another top notch central defender, especially if we play a 3 man defence.

We still need extra quality in midfield. Lee is a starter I'd presume. Djoum is out until September and won't be fully match fit until late 2018/ Feb 2019. Cochranes only 17 and won't play 40odd games next season. Cowie is past it by a couple of years and Callachans dugshit and isn't good enough to play in the SPFL . We need a Defensive midfielder, ie. Adao and another good midfield player. 

Plus Naismith. 

Ye, new goalie definately. We have a left back, Liam Smith and I'm excited to see him back, solid player, also Garuccio. New centre back seems a priority due to  Souttar. Not sure we need a centre mid, Cochrane will get plenty of games, he'll only improve with game time. Didn't rate Cowie but I was impressed how he ended the season and as you say Djoum will return. A new winger would be nice, would take the pressure off McDonald as would a young penalty box striker.

IMO

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Ye, new goalie definately. We have a left back, Liam Smith and I'm excited to see him back, solid player, also Garuccio. New centre back seems a priority due to  Souttar. Not sure we need a centre mid, Cochrane will get plenty of games, he'll only improve with game time. Didn't rate Cowie but I was impressed how he ended the season and as you say Djoum will return. A new winger would be nice, would take the pressure off McDonald as would a young penalty box striker.

IMO

Cowies was on his last legs as a top level player before he even came to Hearts... now 3 years later.... , a great player in his day but he's Championship Level now. 

Liam Smiths a right back, square pegs in round holes hasn't worked well for us in the last couple of seasons. Will he still be here next season though? I thought St Mirren would be wanting to keep him permanently.

Cochrane will play a lot of games next season, maybe 10-15 starts but with the reserve league coming in and still being eligible at u17 level, I'd imagine the majority of our squad, ie. Godinho, Brandon, Aussie boy, Baur, Irving, Cochrane, Burns Moore, Henderson, McDonald, Morrison, Keena, Currie, etc... will play a lot of reserve and first team games or go out on loan.

23 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Plus Naismith. 

Spot on. Illustrates the scale of the job at hand 

Squad was in a truly awful state 

Gulf Jambo
8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

IMO

Another keeper is a must for sure. 

Liam Smith is a right back though, so we definitely need another LB!

And 2 CB regardless of whether Hughes or Souttar leave.

One option could be to use M.Smith as part of a back 3 and Godinho or L.Smith at RB but who knows?

Cowie, despite his flaws, is a big influence in the dressing room and will stay involved imo.

Would still sign 1 more defensive midfielder at least.

Either a new winger or Milinkovic back as well.

As for strikers, both Keena and Currie are highly rated so will probably be involved in the 1st team squad

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Another keeper is a must for sure. 

Liam Smith is a right back though, so we definitely need another LB!

And 2 CB regardless of whether Hughes or Souttar leave.

One option could be to use M.Smith as part of a back 3 and Godinho or L.Smith at RB but who knows?

Cowie, despite his flaws, is a big influence in the dressing room and will stay involved imo.

Would still sign 1 more defensive midfielder at least.

Either a new winger or Milinkovic back as well.

As for strikers, both Keena and Currie are highly rated so will probably be involved in the 1st team squad

We have Godinho and Smith at right back. Levein has done it before with Maybury and Neilson, one things for sure with Levein you'll have a solid defence. Ye Keena deserves a shot and fits the description of a striker I wrote. Would be daft sticking a talent like Cochrane in the reserves. I don't think the squad is as poor as people think, I actually think our squad was too big last season

Edited by rudi must stay

Folk slating Adao for the Hibs game are ignoring the fact that he was clearly not even 90% fit, he had a great start to the game but blew out of steam really early on due to carrying an injury (on top of not being   anywhere near match for when he arrived) 

I, for one, hope he is a high priority to get in on a permanent deal 

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

I kind of agree with this. Several threads are littered with folk hoping he comes back but I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he didn’t in all honesty. A decent player but I’d take Naismith, Milinovic or Mitchell before Adao.

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, wigwam123 said:

Some decent players on that list, would take Conway, Mackie, Mulumbu and Humphries, don't know an awful lot about some of the other names but quality on there...

I’d take Chris Humphrey 5 years ago. He’s 30 and just been released by relegated Bury after a handful of games and spending the end of the season on loan at Barrow. 

Felix Lighter
54 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Have the 4 you initially mentioned not been part of the mediocrity of the last 6 months though? 

I keep seeing a clamour for loanees to return but I'm not sure if we should be looking forward rather than looking back 

Perhaps they can be part of something better. We can't dismiss what they have been part of to date though 

A bit harsh I think.Of the four mentioned only Skinny has a full season behind him here and he was pretty much bit part till we got back to Tynie. Naismith hadn't had much game time before arriving, Mitchell quickly injured and Adao adapting.

Seen enough from all four to say they should all be high priority targets imo, oh and an added bonus is they all seem to get what Hearts are about and want to be here. 

I'd also echo what others have said about Adao, I'd be pulling out all the stops to get him back.

BobbyJenkins
5 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

A bit harsh I think.Of the four mentioned only Skinny has a full season behind him here and he was pretty much bit part till we got back to Tynie. Naismith hadn't had much game time before arriving, Mitchell quickly injured and Adao adapting.

Seen enough from all four to say they should all be high priority targets imo, oh and an added bonus is they all seem to get what Hearts are about and want to be here. 

I'd also echo what others have said about Adao, I'd be pulling out all the stops to get him back.

Alll those players must shite then cos they were part of a struggling team that was struggling for a variety of reasons... weird.

Felix Lighter
1 minute ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Alll those players must shite then cos they were part of a struggling team that was struggling for a variety of reasons... weird.

They are clearly not shite, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

IMO

Sorry but Smith is a right back who IMO will not cut it at Tynecastle. So we definitely need a left back

Cochrane needs to be used every other game or one in 3. He’s a good player and can progress to be a fantastic player but keep playing him at 16 and all that will happen is that he’ll burn out or some thug from St Midden or Hamilton will injure him because he is so far ahead of them in terms of footballing ability.

Cowie will get games and do a solid enough job.

Mulraney has been brought in to take the pressure off McDonald/Moore but bringing back Milinkovic would help.

Getting Sammon, Callaghan & Martin off the books would also help. 

Centre Half, Defensive Mid and number 10 required

Edited by merseyjambo

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

So you wouldn’t take any of the four loanees back?

BobbyJenkins
28 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

They are clearly not shite, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

Was sarcasm, doesnt travel well on here :). The poster I responded to was responding to another poster who was basically saying that as they were part of a shit team last season we shouldn't try and keep them...I have him on ignore but someone else quoted him so I was unfortunate enough to see it.

Edited by BobbyJenkins
Explanation

32 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

You think it weird Bobby? You not think it maybe is time to try something different given last season really didn't work at all 

9 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

So you wouldn’t take any of the four loanees back?

I would sign Naismith permanently if possible. But I would be tempted to look forward rather than look back.  

I get it that some folks think those 4 are answer to all of our problems. Add those to arguably best keeper, centre half and a striker who scored almost 20 goals and it would have you think we must have finished near top end of the league.  

Reality was something very very different however 

Famous 1874
6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I would sign Naismith permanently if possible. But I would be tempted to look forward rather than look back.  

I get it that some folks think those 4 are answer to all of our problems. Add those to arguably best keeper, centre half and a striker who scored almost 20 goals and it would have you think we must have finished near top end of the league.  

Reality was something very very different however 

Fair enough. I feel if we could get those 4 boys in + a few others while removing the deadwood at the same time, with a full pre season under their belts and also a change of mentality and tactics away from home we could be right up there.