• Boab

• portobellojambo1

• Footballfirst

4 hours ago, smiler said:

Selfish type post, imo.

Gotta give the Dundee lot something, once in a while :lol:

On 29/05/2018 at 22:43, Jambo-Fox said:

Brentford is my preference, it’s the

only London Club I’ve never visited - yet!!

Last season until they move I think, or second last. New stadium being built under the carbon monoxide haze of the A4.

On 26/05/2018 at 08:11, stuart500 said:

Malaury Martin was awarded a 300 year contract by Napoleon , but failed to make the subs bench.

Maybe he went to the island of Saint Helena in the Atlantic to keep Napoleon company and that's where he is now 

Seymour M Hersh
19 hours ago, smiler said:

Selfish type post, imo.

At least we'll know who ate all the pies! 

Graeme Russell

Great to see  the Jambos coming to the Angus area for a couple of pre season games.

Looking forward to seeing some of the new recruits in action before the new campaign.

Hopefully a couple of more additions to follow.

On 31/05/2018 at 15:50, Seymour M Hersh said:

At least we'll know who ate all the pies! 

Eeeeeeehhhhhh peeeeeeehhhhhhh Dundeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh

Edited by smiler

Games on 7th & 8th July...

So I'm assuming all the kids will play in one of them.?

I'm thinking of travelling through for the Dumbarton game, is there a decent place for a pint about the stadium?

27 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'm thinking of travelling through for the Dumbarton game, is there a decent place for a pint about the stadium?

It's okay

Bear in mind in terms of 'near the stadium' that Dumbarton is a pretty small town

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dumbarton+pubs&oq=dumbarton+pubs&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.7414j0j7&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's okay

Bear in mind in terms of 'near the stadium' that Dumbarton is a pretty small town

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dumbarton+pubs&oq=dumbarton+pubs&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.7414j0j7&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Thanks Bud.  Cocktails at The Counting House sounds nice, I'll probably end up in the Wetherspoons though :)

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fixtures listed here

I fancy another trip to Kirkcaldy, last time I was through was the 4-0 win in the Championship which coincided with the Bavarian beer tent being open.  It would be nice if they laid that on again for us, but probably a bit too early :(

Might not be a bad thing though, as that game is probably the most pished I've been on an away trip since Munich!  Must be the German beer!

portobellojambo1
9 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I fancy another trip to Kirkcaldy, last time I was through was the 4-0 win in the Championship which coincided with the Bavarian beer tent being open.  It would be nice if they laid that on again for us, but probably a bit too early :(

Might not be a bad thing though, as that game is probably the most pished I've been on an away trip since Munich!  Must be the German beer!

The League Cup tie against Raith Rovers is scheduled to take place at East Fife's ground in Lower  Methil, unless Raith have their new surface laid in time for the game.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The League Cup tie against Raith Rovers is scheduled to take place at East Fife's ground in Lower  Methil, unless Raith have their new surface laid in time for the game.

Ah, right.  So unless Methil is twinned with a German town, the chances of a Bavarian beer tent are slim.  Might have to make do with a Wetherspoons again, assuming they have any in Methil!

The local paper this week said Raith don't expect the pitch to be ready and have even asked for an away game to start the league campaign. 

Apparently they had wanted to move the game to Tynecastle but this was deemed a no go by the SPFL due to it giving us an unfair advantage and an extra 'home' game.

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fixtures listed here

Absolutely mouth watering.  To think that the best Vlad could do was 60,000 at Murrayfield to see Barcelona.

portobellojambo1
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

Ah, right.  So unless Methil is twinned with a German town, the chances of a Bavarian beer tent are slim.  Might have to make do with a Wetherspoons again, assuming they have any in Methil!

We went over for the pre season game under Robbie Neilson, and the ground itself is a little bit away from any built up area. No idea if there is a Wetherspoons in Methil. We did find a pub, which was nothing special but sold alcohol, so got pass marks on that basis. It was still a bit of a hike to the ground though. We did get a few drinks in the ground as well, which was a bonus.

letsalldothebeattie

Disappointed ive already got plans on the 14th would've loved the trip up to Forfar again quite enjoyed that trip the other year in the league cup

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty away games to practice trying to get decent results away from home I guess.

Shame about no trip down to London

:(

Edited by Jammy T

It should’ve been 12!

Maybe a long shot but is anyone running buses to any of the pre season friendly away fixtures? Me and the old man are booked up for the betfred cup - cove rangers trip but wondered if there where any other buses running to the likes of Arbroath and Dumbarton? Cheers ?⚽️

Edited by It should’ve been 12!

Footballfirst
On 6/8/2018 at 23:16, Elmore said:

Does anybody know if we are sending a team to Oban this year?

On 6/18/2018 at 22:27, StAndrewsHMFC said:

Any news on any Hearts XI/U20's friendlies?

There was a report in the Argyllshire Advertiser on 1st June that the tournament will be held on Saturday 7th July from 11am, with Hearts, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Dundee United and Alloa taking part.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There was a report in the Argyllshire Advertiser on 1st June that the tournament will be held on Saturday 7th July from 11am, with Hearts, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Dundee United and Alloa taking part.

Cheers. I'll probably make it to that. 

portobellojambo1
9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It's a good day out, it's just not the easiest of places to get to for kick off time. I cannot remember what time we left Edinburgh the last time we went up (other than it was very early in the morning) but it was a train from Edinburgh - Glasgow, then a wander over Glasgow to get the train from Glasgow up to Oban, followed by a taxi from Oban station up the hill to the ground (think, from memory, we arrived nearer 11:45-12;00 rather than tournament KO time). All I really remember was the train up to Oban was full of tourists who thought looking at hills and commenting on them was out of this world :)

Hearts Heritage
10 hours ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Maybe a long shot but is anyone running buses to any of the pre season friendly away fixtures? Me and the old man are booked up for the betfred cup - cove rangers trip but wondered if there where any other buses running to the likes of Arbroath and Dumbarton? Cheers ?⚽️

Arbroath there are trains back at approximately 10 and 10:30 PM.

Anybody ITK if we are planning a Home Friendly against a higher profile club before the league season starts?

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Anybody ITK if we are planning a Home Friendly against a higher profile club before the league season starts?

I’m not sure when they’d find time to play it looking at that fixture list!

It should’ve been 12!
3 hours ago, 12august1893 said:

Arbroath there are trains back at approximately 10 and 10:30 PM.

Thanks mate, if there are no supporters buses going I'll jump on the train ?⚽️

Footballfirst

The U18/U20/Reserve fixtures that I know about are:

13 July  v opposition tbc (possibly foriegn) at Riccarton

22 Jul  v Tynecastle FC at Meggetland 2pm k.o.

25 July v Bonnyrigg at New Dundas Park 7:15 k.o.

Potential other fixture v Middlesbrough

John Rankin will be the coaching for the U18s with Andy Kirk looking after the reserves.

I've personally never worked so hard during the pre season.  I'll be fighting for for our first competitive fixture v Cove in mid July.

Being virtually alcohol free for 3 months and tobacco free for good has done wonders for my sharpness.  I'll be racing to the fridge and knocking the top of a Heinekin with frightening speed.

I trust the players are displaying the same level of preparation and dedication.

QOTS tickets are £10 and £5 for us

but for their livi game on the Friday prior £5 and £2

cheeky chancers

It will be good to see Hearts back in action.However, as each year passes I care less and less about pre-season friendlies. Can't wait to the real stuff starts.

chuck berrys hairline
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

John Rankin will be the coaching for the U18s with Andy Kirk looking after the reserves.

Ex hibs John Rankin? His appointment ever confirmed by club. Was decent enough player imo just slipped under radar to coaching.

John Findlay
3 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Ex hibs John Rankin? His appointment ever confirmed by club. Was decent enough player imo just slipped under radar to coaching.

He's been coaching at Hearts for quite a while now. Is highly thought of. Him, Dale Carrick, Alan Maybury and Scott Crabbs all coach Hearts youth at different ages.

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've personally never worked so hard during the pre season.  I'll be fighting for for our first competitive fixture v Cove in mid July.

Being virtually alcohol free for 3 months and tobacco free for good has done wonders for my sharpness.  I'll be racing to the fridge and knocking the top of a Heinekin with frightening speed.

I trust the players are displaying the same level of preparation and dedication.

From what I have heard there have been some total killer sessions so far. Levein sticking to his word.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He's been coaching at Hearts for quite a while now. Is highly thought of. Him, Dale Carrick, Alan Maybury and Scott Crabbs all coach Hearts youth at different ages.

Scott Crabbs is a nickname we gave to somebody at school once who we caught scratching his baws 

On 26/06/2018 at 19:45, Footballfirst said:

IMG_20180627_231514.jpg

chuck berrys hairline
18 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I must've missed a few of these appointments. Good to see Dale back at the club what might be been if it wasn't for injuries!

18 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Alan maybury is now at St Johnstone coaching the youths replacing Alec Cleland who has moved up to become the assistant manager ?