Scott Fraser

Wilson

The Old Tolbooth

Not Fraser related but I was chatting to a Luton Town season ticket holder last night, and he reckons we're getting a right good one in Oli Lee, he's gutted at him leaving them. 

Fraser would also be a good addition imo if we could snag him. 

The_razors_edge
1 hour ago, VivaObua said:

Dundee United fans seem to think he's going down south.

I’ve been told he has no interest in going down south. By all accounts a bit of a mummy’s boy that likes his home comforts. Mate reckons we’re best placed to sign him if we still want him

Finlay James
1 hour ago, johnmitchell said:

Not Fraser related but I was chatting to a Luton Town season ticket holder last night, and he reckons we're getting a right good one in Oli Lee, he's gutted at him leaving them. 

Likewise re Olly Lee.  My mate is also a season ticket holder there and is gutted that he is leaving.

Our midfield would look very strong with him and Fraser together but I suspect that the latter signing will depend on whether Naismith is coming back.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Development fee due probably 

Development fees are only due for players 22 and younger. Fraser is 23.

Slight change of subject but a fair few firstcteamers at Dundee Utd reckon Csaba hasn’t a clue and is a bit shambolic . 

Nathan2012

I have probably read too much into it but he has tweeted on the Dundee Utd Twitter page thanking Utd and The fans and saying he has decided to try something different and in the last paragraph he says "Hopefully with a lot of new signings I'll see the club back in the Premiership next season. As I say I may have read too much into it but I wonder if that last paragraph is an indication he is moving to us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, VivaObua said:

Dundee United fans seem to think he's going down south.

Edinburgh is South of Dundee. 

Sure of it

i wish jj was my dad
15 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Slight change of subject but a fair few firstcteamers at Dundee Utd reckon Csaba hasn’t a clue and is a bit shambolic . 

What is Mikey Stewart's take on it?

Tennant's  6's

really hope that CL can convince him to come to us. Fraser & Lee would give us real creativity & forward thinking from the middle of the park.  fingers crossed 

stranraer-jambo

Not that it matters tbh but it would give us half a team who are naturally left footed. May even work to our advantage.

DalryJambo
40 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Think that’s accurate. I randomly passed a group of the Dundee Utd players a few weeks back in St Andrews, between first and second match of the playoffs, and they were far for complementary of Csaba. But then I guess many of the group might have known they were going to be shipped out however the season finished.

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, Meadows said:

I for one am surprised at this revelation.. .. not.. clown 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

Had to re-read your post John. I have bi-focal specs and was looking through the wrong part of the lens when reading your post initially, and couldn't understand why we would be looking to sign a player we could shag. It made more sense when I re-read it :)

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

I've just got a great feeling about this player.  That's not based on anything other than reading that he's lionhearted and he loved the derby.

Like all players, I hope he enjoys being with us and does really well.

Same with Fraser and any other signings.

28 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Had to re-read your post John. I have bi-focal specs and was looking through the wrong part of the lens when reading your post initially, and couldn't understand why we would be looking to sign a player we could shag. It made more sense when I re-read it :)

Tbf most of us would shag Rudi given so much of a sniff. And id take another Rudi!!!

Does clubs interested push up any development fee? I hope we push the boat out for the player.  Very good prospect. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Sky sports showing 106 appearances in 12 years a bit misleading as he has been there since the age of 11.

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

Does clubs interested push up any development fee? I hope we push the boat out for the player.  Very good prospect. 

I could be wrong but I don't believe we need to pay a development fee. IIRC Development fees go up to age 23, Fraser turned 23 in March meaning we now don't need to pay the development fee as it is outside the allowed window. 

Just now, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Sky sports showing 106 appearances in 12 years a bit misleading as he has been there since the age of 11.

Theres your problem.

stranraer-jambo
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Right good prospect. Worth signing. 

Agree.

I am a bit concerned though that the hobbits will come in for him too, after all they will have a complete midfield to replace.

1 minute ago, stranraer-jambo said:

Agree.

I am a bit concerned though that the hobbits will come in for him too, after all they will have a complete midfield to replace.

True. Sheep could also come in.

43 minutes ago, OTT said:

I could be wrong but I don't believe we need to pay a development fee. IIRC Development fees go up to age 23, Fraser turned 23 in March meaning we now don't need to pay the development fee as it is outside the allowed window. 

Thanks, more good news potentially. 

33 minutes ago, Barack said:

And Rangers.

And Kilmarnock.

All very concerning.

Anyone else concerned?

Can't see Sevco steaming in. Their squad is bulging with midfielders. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Barack said:

And Rangers.

And Kilmarnock.

All very concerning.

Anyone else concerned?

I'm actually a bit worried. 

7 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Freudian?

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Barack said:

And Rangers.

And Kilmarnock.

All very concerning.

Anyone else concerned?

I too am concerned that there are other football clubs in existence, and that some of them might want to sign a midfielder this summer.  

It's all very concerning.

Gulf Jambo
7 hours ago, OTT said:

I was wondering this before as well.

Might be why we didn't sign him on a pre contract in January when the rumour was about.

I thought that because he only turned 23 this season we might have to wait until the window opens to avoid paying any fee....?

Would like us to get this lad tied up, with Lee and Burns already signed, it  looks like the midfield will be more positive and forward thinking. I would like to keep Adao as the holding midfielder and he has everything to be that player, but he needs to be more disciplined and mature in his play, he is so enthusiast he wants involved in everything. Coaching may or may not help, but he could still be worth a punt if we can keep him, if not we may have to look elsewhere. I hope we can keep Milinkovic, he is an exciting player and will be even better next season. If Mitchell goes back the Aussie lad could be brought in to share left side duties with Burns, we should be signing a LB regardless of DM's situation. I like the Idea of big Uche and Milinkovic driving forward supporting lafferty. We seem to be signing players who can get forward quickly to attack and support. Last season was not good enough for a variety of reasons, but changes are being made to put us back on the rails challenging the teams above us home and away.

8 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Would like us to get this lad tied up, with Lee and Burns already signed, it  looks like the midfield will be more positive and forward thinking. I would like to keep Adao as the holding midfielder and he has everything to be that player, but he needs to be more disciplined and mature in his play, he is so enthusiast he wants involved in everything. Coaching may or may not help, but he could still be worth a punt if we can keep him, if not we may have to look elsewhere. I hope we can keep Milinkovic, he is an exciting player and will be even better next season. If Mitchell goes back the Aussie lad could be brought in to share left side duties with Burns, we should be signing a LB regardless of DM's situation. I like the Idea of big Uche and Milinkovic driving forward supporting lafferty. We seem to be signing players who can get forward quickly to attack and support. Last season was not good enough for a variety of reasons, but changes are being made to put us back on the rails challenging the teams above us home and away.

It would be fantastic if we kept Adao, Milinkovic and Mitchell, and added more pace and creativity from midfield. I think you've got to look at the squad you've got and set up to your strengths - our tactics have been somewhat constrained by personnel - feels like we're addressing that and it will be different next season.

Not going to lie, I don’t think I’ve ever seen this lad play. From Mrs Budges comments last night I expect another couple of players tied up quite quickly though.

11 hours ago, Meadows said:

Now where have I heard that before? 

The Old Tolbooth
10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Any hole's a goal at your age mate :lol: 

keithyboy1975

Pretty sure that a fee is required if the player who is out of contract is under 24....if true a fee would be due to United!!! 

Famous 1874

Was impressed with him in the play offs (notably playing in a shocking United team). Would also give us a left footed attacking option which we seem to struggle to recruit correctly 

gorgie rd eh11
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stewart thinks he is a "man of substance" according to his MNF podcast. 

Shite manager, slavering erse, more like it I reckon.

He obviously massaged Mikey's enormous ego.

:oohmatron:  Just put this here to save someone the bother.