Scott Fraser

Wilson

hmfc_liam06
13 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

really hope that CL can convince him to come to us. Fraser & Lee would give us real creativity & forward thinking from the middle of the park.  fingers crossed 

Sounds like a law firm :lol:

colinmaroon
53 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Was impressed with him in the play offs (notably playing in a shocking United team). Would also give us a left footed attacking option which we seem to struggle to recruit correctly 

Burns!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, keithyboy1975 said:

Pretty sure that a fee is required if the player who is out of contract is under 24....if true a fee would be due to United!!! 

I think it depends on whether they’ve offered him a new contract too. I’m sure someone knows all the details and will inform us shortly.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sounds like a law firm :lol:

:D Christ 

Also, regarding the confusion over the development fee:

I was wrong, it appears to be 24 here http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

Specifically, 

''Where a professional player, under the age of 24, has been offered a new contract by his club (subject to certain requirements that the offer must meet set out in Rule 64.3 of the Football League Rules) and he rejects that offer in order to take up the opportunity to sign for another club, compensation will be payable.   This is not to be confused with training compensation under the EPPP regime (that applies to Academy players), an entirely different proposition.''

So odds are Utd have offered him a new contract so if we sign him I think some sort of development fee will be due to them. I'm sure folk worked out Paterson's and others before since there is a pretty black and white way of totalling it all up but I can't seem to find that. If anyones bored maybe they could work out what it could be...

22 minutes ago, OTT said:

I was wrong, it appears to be 24 here http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

Specifically, 

''Where a professional player, under the age of 24, has been offered a new contract by his club (subject to certain requirements that the offer must meet set out in Rule 64.3 of the Football League Rules) and he rejects that offer in order to take up the opportunity to sign for another club, compensation will be payable.   This is not to be confused with training compensation under the EPPP regime (that applies to Academy players), an entirely different proposition.''

So odds are Utd have offered him a new contract so if we sign him I think some sort of development fee will be due to them. I'm sure folk worked out Paterson's and others before since there is a pretty black and white way of totalling it all up but I can't seem to find that. If anyones bored maybe they could work out what it could be...

£74.89 but that’s just back of a fag packet calculations!! I’ll work it out later on.

Jamboscanbevicius

Really hope we can tie this one up!

He definitely has potential and a bit of drive and creativity from middle of the park... something we badly need.

Phil Dunphy

Banderson claimed we weren't in for him, although this was before the confirmation he was leaving United.

No idea if that'll change though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wonder if this is one of the players Ann had discussed on Monday with Levein 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Specifically, 

Might be just me but the details relating to the above only seem to apply to the EPL and the Football League. Is/are the law(s) different within Scotland.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Famous 1874
4 hours ago, OTT said:

Specifically, 

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

On page 48 of this document by the SPFL it mentions the development fees for players. No clue how to calculate the overall fee though specifically for Fraser though. It mentions development fees from ages 11 to 19. Fraser joined Dundee United at age 11 and has been there for 12 years. 

I notice he has said in a note to the fans, "hope I'll see the club back in the Premiership next season"

Indicating he'll sign for a Premiership team or just the way he has phrased it?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

On page 48 of this document by the SPFL it mentions the development fees for players. No clue how to calculate the overall fee though specifically for Fraser though. It mentions development fees from ages 11 to 19. Fraser joined Dundee United at age 11 and has been there for 12 years. 

Considering the tribunal shafted them and gave Rangers more than they were looking for (£210k - £200k) for Charlie Telfer I would imagine United would want to go down that road. They offered him a contract so are definitely due a development fee I think, maybe why we haven’t signed him?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, TommyC said:

I notice he has said in a note to the fans, "hope I'll see the club back in the Premiership next season"

Indicating he'll sign for a Premiership team or just the way he has phrased it?

I took it that he hoped to see D Utd back in the Premiership