Top Posters In This Topic

• Notts1874

• Juanjo15

• i wish jj was my dad

• jambocub

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Regardless of what anyone says, he would have been a very good signing for us. Exactly the type of keeper that we need.

I just hope that Levein can pull another McGlaughlin out the bag as I am worried about Hamilton being back between the posts for us next season. 

I think everyone is.

I find it strange the Rangers are spending their money on Arfield and McGregor, both in positions that they are well covered in. Defence and attack is where they have a big problem. Quite happy to see them fail to deal with this.

'He let your club die. He let your club die. Alan McGregor, he let your club die.'

Closely followed by...

'He let your club die. He let your club die. Steven Naismith, he let your club die.'

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Yep. Didn't even have the courtesy to either pick up the phone to Levein or return his calls.

Disappointing news but as hopeful as I was I always thought he was a shady hun prick.

I wish him all the luck I normally do with anybody signing for those reptiles.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Shook hands. Lol. 

Standard of the guy, we dodged a bullet.

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Yep. Didn't even have the courtesy to either pick up the phone to Levein or return his calls.

Heard this as well.  And yet there's still a poster on here insinuating that Hearts have somehow made a mess of this.  McGregor's character was always questionable; this signing just confirms that.  Undoubtedly a good goalkeeper but an absolute roaster of a man.

I'd like to trawl through the McGregor signing rumours, to see how many blatant U-turns there's been on here.

Great how the majority view was one of excitement at signing a proven quality player, yet that's suddenly turned to "not good enough, too old, would have cost too much, he's a dick anyway, look at what he did to Clum, remember his behavior with Scotland, perfectly suited to them, he won't get a game for Rangers"

Edited by davie1980

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

I know he's meant to be a Hearts fan but I'm glad he's signed for them -  I'd have found it hard to warm to someone who's such a ****ing bellend.

Correct.

**** him.

7 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I'd like to trawl through the McGregor signing rumours, to see how many blatant U-turns there's been on here.

Great how the majority view was one of excitement at signing a proven quality player, yet that's suddenly turned to "not good enough, too old, would have cost too much, he's a dick anyway, look at what he did to Clum, remember his behavior with Scotland, perfectly suited to them, he won't get a game for Rangers"

I said in the post above you that he's a good goalkeeper.  If he'd been a man f his word he would have signed for us.  That makes him a roaster in my eyes.  Is he a good signing for The Rangers?  Yes, he is.

Its a signing that will split the rangers support so I'm surprised they've done this deal.  Would be similar if we had brought Pressley back to the club.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Tbf would have been happy if we had signed Arfield and McGregor. Nothing to be that frightened of right enough but a couple of solid additions. 

Would’ve liked Arfield too, he’d have been a good signing for us. McGregor meh, no keen on him so no bothered ?

18 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Its a signing that will split the rangers support so I'm surprised they've done this deal.  Would be similar if we had brought Pressley back to the club.

Fans forgive and forget quickly if a player does his job well

It happened with Webster for us and Pressley would have been the same

In fact the Rangers fans I've spoken to lately, regards rumours of us signing him, have said they'd happily take him back, so I don't see any problem there

i wish jj was my dad
32 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I'm happy to bite. I heard from a very good source who is pals with him that he agreed to come. My reaction was 'great keeper, sleazy hun prick' I was disappointed but not altogether surprised that he reneged. I know it won't happen but I'd love CG or JM to rock up as No.1 and get it right up that shower of reprobates. Another insolvency event and call in of EBT loans to pay creditors would be the icing on the cake.

Bull's-eye

Plenty angst for a non signing. 

Keep the powder dry for the new Hearts signings seems a better approach.

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

How could any real Hearts fan want to sign this thug??? We tend to sign players with a bit of character so how would this nutter have fitted in?

1 hour ago, Haken said:

Heard this as well.  And yet there's still a poster on here insinuating that Hearts have somehow made a mess of this.  McGregor's character was always questionable; this signing just confirms that.  Undoubtedly a good goalkeeper but an absolute roaster of a man.

Wasnt there some people saying this was a done deal and we had already got JMs replacement? Now he’s not been returning calls just because he’s went to Rangers for more ££? 

35 minutes ago, Simmo said:

How could any real Hearts fan want to sign this thug??? We tend to sign players with a bit of character so how would this nutter have fitted in?

The majority of this forum was made up it looked as if we where signing the boy.  The management staff obviously thought he would have fitted in too as they made contact and got bumped (apparently) 

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Wasnt there some people saying this was a done deal and we had already got JMs replacement? Now he’s not been returning calls just because he’s went to Rangers for more ££? 

I believed it. My bad. The club never put a foot wrong though. I'm not sure what you are getting at?

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I believed it. My bad. The club never put a foot wrong though. I'm not sure what you are getting at?

You were right to believe it. He welted on the agreed deal. Didn't even give Hearts the opportunity to up their offer.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

You were right to believe it. He welted on the agreed deal. Didn't even give Hearts the opportunity to up their offer.

I can believe it. My source will be disappointed as they are mates but seems my gut was right. He's a knob and can GTF.

4 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I can believe it. My source will be disappointed as they are mates but seems my gut was right. He's a knob and can GTF.

You will be amazed at the source of another poster on here.

OBOOOA BLAIR

Personally I'd rather have McLaughlin any day . Trying  all ways to keep him before naismith. 

RenfrewHearts

George Long, previously on loan at Motherwell. Been made available for transfer by Sheffield Utd after spending the season at AFC Wimbledon. I’d take a look, impressed me in his time up here. 

31 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

What else is he going to say ???.

We are done now btw as I think you are at it and as others have said this ain't your first incarnation on here.

Perhaps say nothing as he’s not employed by them yet? 

What? Off the Xmas the Xmas card list? No bother Mr High and mighty, it’s a football forum get a grip “we are done now” :lol::lol: 

Edited by Juanjo15

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

He doesn't need to be involved officially though. Gerrard has seen how this works for years at the top English clubs. DoFs are supposed to sign players. It's their job. If we didn't do it that way then that's out problem. The way we have been told we did it was frankly stupid and has led to some of the problems we face now. Can't see the level of hypocrisy from the media you're implying. 

If DOFs sign players without input / agreement from the manager that is a ridiculous way to operate and glad we didn’t do it. Agreeing terms, wages, etc fair enough.

Gerrard may have had input into McGregor, I don’t know but they were signing Arfield before Gerrard was even in talks with them. 

Fozzyonthefence
40 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

It was a done deal. Not even the courtesy to get back in touch with us!

Does that surprise anyone? The guy is a prick, definitely Rangers class, and he’ll probably spend half the season injured anyway. Like Gordon, well past his best and very injury prone, his best days are behind him.

52 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I never said the club did anything wrong.  It wasn’t a done deal though there was no replacement already for JM.  Jumping the gun. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm happy to bite. I heard from a very good source who is pals with him that he agreed to come. My reaction was 'great keeper, sleazy hun prick' I was disappointed but not altogether surprised that he reneged. I know it won't happen but I'd love CG or JM to rock up as No.1 and get it right up that shower of reprobates. Another insolvency event and call in of EBT loans to pay creditors would be the icing on the cake.

You do realise it would be the players that would have to pay back the EBT loans, not Newco or Oldco?

I just wonder who we're after now because it will be reported that Hearts are trying to sign __________________. 

Then it will drag on and another team will step in and sign him. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
59 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If DOFs sign players without input / agreement from the manager that is a ridiculous way to operate and glad we didn’t do it. Agreeing terms, wages, etc fair enough.

Gerrard may have had input into McGregor, I don’t know but they were signing Arfield before Gerrard was even in talks with them. 

DoFs sign players at almost every major club in Europe. There should be collaboration a lot of the time but DoF should do more than just contract admin.

for some inane unfathomable reason the adherents of that lot think he did the right thing by moving away yet all other even Davis are the pawn of the devil for not tupeing over to newco

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

DoFs sign players at almost every major club in Europe. There should be collaboration a lot of the time but DoF should do more than just contract admin.

I’m not a fan of this model at all. Firm believer that player signings should always be driven by the manager so he can mould the team / players together to suit the style he wants to play, not the DOF’s. But fine if the DOF handles the money side of things since finance won’t be a lot of managers’ strong points. 

6 hours ago, Musemic said:

This news should please Foderingham and Alnwick, both of whom have 2 more years on their contracts.

From what I've seen, i'd have either of them at Tynecastle.

Of course McGregor is a very good keeper. He would be the equavalent of McGlaughln I would say - maybe slightly less quality. 

Does he improve Rangers significantly? Not as far as I can see.

...a bit disco

Apparently, they are in for Fernando Torres now.

Aye...

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You do realise it would be the players that would have to pay back the EBT loans, not Newco or Oldco?

Yes. I do and hope he gets stung for it

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

I never said the club did anything wrong.  It wasn’t a done deal though there was no replacement already for JM.  Jumping the gun. 

I didn't jump the gun. I was hopeful rather than expecting it to happen. And to my knowledge the club kept their counsel.

chester copperpot

Sorry to disappoint the ITK'ers but at no point did he give his word that he would sign for us.

He was waiting on Hull offering him a new deal before deciding anything and didn't expect a contract offer from Rangers after how things were left the last time he left.

Never expected this at all but better we all move on from it.

21 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Sorry to disappoint the ITK'ers but at no point did he give his word that he would sign for us.

He was waiting on Hull offering him a new deal before deciding anything and didn't expect a contract offer from Rangers after how things were left the last time he left.

Never expected this at all but better we all move on from it.

Correct.

End thread.

11 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Pretty poor that they have no “new” strips ready for their big signings.

His face matches the orange top

Hope he's another Gilks, Sevco nipping in to steal players linked to us and then paying stupid money for the privilege :)

3 highly paid keepers on the books - will make them go back down the tubes quicker - tick tock⏰

buzzbomb1958
22 minutes ago, adam1998 said:

His face matches the orange top

Hope he's another Gilks, Sevco nipping in to steal players linked to us and then paying stupid money for the privilege :)

3 highly paid keepers on the books - will make them go back down the tubes quicker - tick tock⏰

Not just him but they are talking Defoe Solanke so far,I'd imagine big money will be paid for these signitures  ,spunking more cash they haven't got.Heres hoping Gerrard can do what no one else has been able to do, Kill them off for good

5 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Not just him but they are talking Defoe Solanke so far,I'd imagine big money will be paid for these signitures  ,spunking more cash they haven't got.Heres hoping Gerrard can do what no one else has been able to do, Kill them off for good

Talk is talk.

The Torres thing is a prime example. Many managers would say they would like to sign him - with Rangers it’s written in the context of he’s become a target. It’s all about the mindset of pretending they are still a big club and making simple Rangers fans believe.

I’m guessing that with a UEFA cup win last night that Torres will have bigger fish to fry...