Manager Merry-Go-Round

Hampden Demolition

28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

You could knock me down with a feather.  Would have sworn it was Rodgers rather than moyes.

Still don't like him.

Strange.  I knew Moyes and Neville went to Spain, but I has something in my head that Rodgers did too.  

Edited by Paolo

Unknown user
35 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Big Sam officially sacked by Everton. Incredible decision in my opinion.

I think the incredible decision was the one to appoint him myself, it was clear that they weren't a good match. This is no surprise

Bridge of Djoum
12 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

We were second in the league when Neilson left, there really is nothing to argue against that.

Oh he will try, though.

Geoff the Mince
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think the incredible decision was the one to appoint him myself, it was clear that they weren't a good match. This is no surprise

Big Sam would be perfect for West Brom . 

William H. Bonney
46 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Big Sam officially sacked by Everton. Incredible decision in my opinion.

The Everton board wrote to all season ticket holders asking them to rate Sam's performance. I guess the fans have spoken. 

49 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Big pay off for him proving crime does pay.

Did he have a long contract at Everton ?

I just sort of assumed he was a short term deal to get them out of trouble.

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He has 12 months left, at around £6 million a year salary. 

Crazy decision, as he met his objective comfortably, but he will still be well rewarded, and will no doubt make a few quid as a pundit again. 

Edited by Paolo

I P Knightley

And now Moyes has joined the carousel. 

Allardyce, Holloway, Moyes keep on cropping up and getting high level jobs. Need Pardew, Warnock and Hughes to join in the shuffle. 

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Odds on Moyes going back to Everton? Surely the fans would love to see that.

No chance they are getting the old Watford manager Silva they wanted originally. 

Tell you something, it must be amazing to be one of these managers the now.  They must have shit loads of compensation money rolling in every single year. 

tokyowalnut
56 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Tell you something, it must be amazing to be one of these managers the now.  They must have shit loads of compensation money rolling in every single year. 

It's crazy. 

Get sacked, massive pay off plus they all seem to get jobs relatively quickly regardless of their previous performance. So far away from the real world it's unreal. 

Turkishcap
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I read a few million on fb

There's a good half dozen managers who follow the formula:

Get hired by a pishy mid-table EPL team with no money for transfers.

Fail to meet the ridiculous expectations set by the owners.

Get paid off.

Get hired by another pishy mid-table EPL team with no money for transfers.

They never win a thing but get big payoffs every year. Playing the system like a boss.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

It's crazy. 

Get sacked, massive pay off plus they all seem to get jobs relatively quickly regardless of their previous performance. So far away from the real world it's unreal. 

Great if you get on board though. 

Geoff the Mince

The following managers tend to win nothing , but if you're struggling to stay up 

or a championship team wanting to go up 

Bruce, Warnock , Poulis and Allardyce are a perfect fit .

None of the above are bad managers like it's being insinuated in previous posts .

4 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

No chance they are getting the old Watford manager Silva they wanted originally. 

Says on the telly here that they are.

I couldn't care less.

9 hours ago, Paolo said:

Strange.  I knew Moyes and Neville went to Spain, but I has something in my head that Rodgers did too.  

That's my fault.  I've posted on here that he did 286 times.

Pillock that I am.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's my fault.  I've posted on here that he did 286 times.

Pillock that I am.

Thanks for taking the blame off me. 

Lenny's phone must be ringing off the hook with all these vacancies.

And Brendan's.

On 15/05/2018 at 16:50, Paolo said:

Steve McClaren to QPR. 

Will Casper the Snake and Fat Lass be involved?

Its my haaaair island!

23 minutes ago, Big Chae said:

We should fire a wee offer to Big Sam and Arsene.

:jjyay:

Not so much an Arsene or Sam but i do sometimes daydream that a top coach or even player who has made their money and schieved the lot now wants a real challenge. Breaking the OF grip on our game would be a truly remarkable thing to do in world football. Thats not understating it.

Genuinely imagine Guardiola or Klopp saying, “right, now for my next trick...” and heading to Hearts. Or Ibra a couple of seasobs back, that type of thing.

We’d be thr club to choose. Great facilities, best academy in the country, the romance of our fans saving our club and based in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Just an occasional daydream of mine!!

Seymour M Hersh
On 16/05/2018 at 04:49, Sydney said:

I think you're mixing up managers.

Moyes went to Spain, and Neville went to Spain, but Rogers never went to Spain (well, not to work anyway)..

Maybe he went to see the lady boys in their home country! 

He shat it at Liverpool in the last few games. Changed the style of play against the kings road russians and paid the price. The following season post LS was abysmal. Completely stopped playing attacking football. Utter and bottler. That's why he's so cocky and arrogant up here as there is no chance of failure for in the near future (league wise anyway). 

Seymour M Hersh
27 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Well according to Jim White (I know) he accepted the job when offered by West Ham just before Madrid came in for him. White reckons that's why Hammers fans would love him!!!  Classic Jim White logic!!  He bumps them for another team and they love him! :laugh:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Saint Jambo

So is that already 5 of 20 English Premiership teams that will start the season with a different manager to the one they finished with? Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Swansea, Stoke. Potentially add 2 or 3 more to that as the close season progresses. Most likely Chelsea and Watford?

I see West Brom have appointed caretaker manager Moore permanently.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

So is that already 5 of 20 English Premiership teams that will start the season with a different manager to the one they finished with? Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Swansea, Stoke. Potentially add 2 or 3 more to that as the close season progresses. Most likely Chelsea and Watford?

I see West Brom have appointed caretaker manager Moore permanently.

Leicester are expected to change managers as well

Steve McClaren: QPR name ex-England boss as new manager. 

And another one gets off the merry-go-round. 

SectionDJambo

You have to wonder how much this band of failed managers get paid to get on and off the merry go round.

It’s a barrel of monkeys.

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

You have to wonder how much this band of failed managers get paid to get on and off the merry go round.

It’s a barrel of monkeys.

:laugh:

Pellegrini confirmed at West Hsm. Now to give him a “war chest” of about 30 million and “try” to sign every player he’s ever managed before signing Joe Hart and Aaron Hughes

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Pellegrini confirmed at West Hsm. Now to give him a “war chest” of about 30 million and “try” to sign every player he’s ever managed before signing Joe Hart and Aaron Hughes

That for them is a brilliant choice. As is McLaren, I rate him highly at a club like that. At a massive club not so much

59 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

That for them is a brilliant choice. As is McLaren, I rate him highly at a club like that. At a massive club not so much

I'm happy enough with his appointment but he's gonna have his work cut out with the chancers in charge. Certainly won't get the dough he got at City but, at least we'll be a bit more positive in games, hopefully

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I'm happy enough with his appointment but he's gonna have his work cut out with the chancers in charge. Certainly won't get the dough he got at City but, at least we'll be a bit more positive in games, hopefully

Pellegrino made his name as a training ground coach, and I reckon he will improve players. Im very suprised they got him, it suggests he knows whats going on but isn't fussed. 

andyscott82
On 15/05/2018 at 22:04, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

We were second in the league when Neilson left, there really is nothing to argue against that.

He also technically left MK Dons before they were relegated. Doesn't fit with Spencer's narrative though. 

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Hope his first signing is Mangala.

Nasri could be another one.

Liked Nasri as a player.Injuries his main problem at City.

michael_bolton
On 5/16/2018 at 05:42, Kiwidoug said:

Any of the big clubs banging on Lennon or Brendan's door?  Didn't think so.

Problem is that when you've failed miserably in England the big boys look elsewhere.

You had your chance and blew it.

I'm sorry. There are some things that people can reasonably disagree over in football, but to say that Brendan Rodgers 'failed miserably' in England is jaw-dropping.

Got Swansea promoted to the Premier League, finished mid-table in first season up, took Liverpool from the fringes of European qualification to being a kick in the arse off winning the Premier League. If that's miserable failure, then I'd imagine you consider most coaches to ever sit in a dugout to be total frauds.

Even his record at Celtic is remarkable in his own way. Of course, his financial advantage means that he should win. But it's a sign of excellent management that he keeps his team motivated enough to constantly win when they could just coast. His predecessor couldn't do that. Even Walter Smith's Rangers (similar level of advantage) never went a full season unbeaten or won back to back trebles. The level of focus and drive that Rodgers has instilled there, that was clearly missing before, is impressive.

He's full of himself, he talks rubbish, I wouldn't want to go for a pint with him, but his record as a football coach is very good. He'll get a big job somewhere soon enough. There's enough change that his chance will come round again.

Edited by michael_bolton

8 hours ago, benny said:

Hope his first signing is Mangala.

Nasri could be another one.

Liked Nasri as a player.Injuries his main problem at City.

Wouldn't be like West Ham to sign someone injury prone...Oh wait..

7 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

I'm sorry. There are some things that people can reasonably disagree over in football, but to say that Brendan Rodgers 'failed miserably' in England is jaw-dropping.

Got Swansea promoted to the Premier League, finished mid-table in first season up, took Liverpool from the fringes of European qualification to being a kick in the arse off winning the Premier League. If that's miserable failure, then I'd imagine you consider most coaches to ever sit in a dugout to be total frauds.

Even his record at Celtic is remarkable in his own way. Of course, his financial advantage means that he should win. But it's a sign of excellent management that he keeps his team motivated enough to constantly win when they could just coast. His predecessor couldn't do that. Even Walter Smith's Rangers (similar level of advantage) never went a full season unbeaten or won back to back trebles. The level of focus and drive that Rodgers has instilled there, that was clearly missing before, is impressive.

He's full of himself, he talks rubbish, I wouldn't want to go for a pint with him, but his record as a football coach is very good. He'll get a big job somewhere soon enough. There's enough change that his chance will come round again.

Completely agree.  Doug keeps repeating Rodgers failed down south though and was a failure, it’s baffling.  Even before Swansea he done well.