Manager Merry-Go-Round

Hampden Demolition

Hampden Demolition

In addition to the player transfer thread, I thought it would be good to have a thread that tracked the management movements over the course of the summer and into next season. This would be for all leagues and allows us to have one place to keep track of any rumours and confirmed dismissals/hires. 

Rumours this morning that Chelsea want Pochettino to replace Conte...

Aww ffs.....can we run sweep stake on the usual suspects appearing and discussing our managers position.....In 3...2...1....

letsalldothebeattie

Saw one last night Carlisle are eyeing up David Hopkin from Livi to replace Keith Curle who left at the end of the season. 

Hampden Demolition
37 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Aww ffs.....can we run sweep stake on the usual suspects appearing and discussing our managers position.....In 3...2...1....

What odds would you give me for All Out Attack? ?

Hampden Demolition
36 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Saw one last night Carlisle are eyeing up David Hopkin from Livi to replace Keith Curle who left at the end of the season. 

I think both have done a great job when you look at their respective clubs. Got a soft spot for Carlisle because of Danny Grainger so would like to see them doing well.

5 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

They wouldn’t be discussing “our” manager it would be a discussion of hearts manager

4 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I think both have done a great job when you look at their respective clubs. Got a soft spot for Carlisle because of Danny Grainger so would like to see them doing well.

Hopkin has gone under the radar until recently , Ross has done well youve got those two plus Neilson who must all be in discussions for anyone below the champ in England 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hopkin has gone under the radar until recently , Ross has done well youve got those two plus Neilson who must all be in discussions for anyone below the champ in England 

Neilson took a league one club into league two 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Yes he did but he’s still up and coming and has potential his stock wont be as high as the other two id imagine but he did well with us for 15-18 months so would surely be in any discussion League one downwards? 

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

If Ross leaves them then Robbie being a paisley boy would surely be favourite for the st mirren job  , wether or not he’d take it might be the issue

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

If Ross leaves them then Robbie being a paisley boy would surely be favourite for the st mirren job  , wether or not he’d take it might be the issue

He would definitely take it imo. Desperate to get back involved. Can't see level being above Hearts though 

3fingersreid
Just now, Spencer said:

He would definitely take it imo. Desperate to get back involved. Can't see level being above Hearts though 

Fully agree about the level. 

I’m sure if he took a Motherwell/ st Johnstone /either of the dundee teams he’d do a great job , probably have them punching above their expectations 

1 minute ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Sam Allardyce expected to be sacked tomorrow according to SSN

No fan of the guy but if he goes, and not on his own accord, it would be an injustice for him. He dug everton out of some real deep shite this season 

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Fully agree about the level. 

I’m sure if he took a Motherwell/ st Johnstone /either of the dundee teams he’d do a great job , probably have them punching above their expectations 

I suspect Robbie now feels he left Hearts too soon 

I have listened to him on Sportsound a bit over the last month or so. He talks well and appears knowledgeable about the game 

Strangely enough I think he would come back to Hearts as HC and I think CL would be happy with that in order to step back into DoF role 

Won't happen though 

Hampden Demolition
5 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

No fan of the guy but if he goes, and not on his own accord, it would be an injustice for him. He dug everton out of some real deep shite this season 

Totally agree. Ok his sides don’t generally play free flowing, attractive football but he builds a side of physical players who know what it takes to win. Look at Stoke - wanted rid of Pulis to play more attractive football and have ultimately paid the price. Benitez at Newcastle again doesn’t always play great football but he has a team of players who would put their bodies on the line which has seen them finish well. Did Moyes ever play exciting football when he was there? No sure why their fans feel entitled to it.

29 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

4/6? :)

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

They wouldn’t be discussing “our” manager it would be a discussion of hearts manager

:lol:

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Didn't take long did it?????

letsalldothebeattie
39 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Same always had a soft spot for Carlisle I don’t know why other than I’m not too far from them. When grainger went that helped. Think if Hopkin went he would do a good job but feel IF he gets Livi up he would fancy a crack at the Prem 

18 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

I predict the-the rangers will be looking for a new manager by Christmas .:ninja:

Aye....and absolutely skint. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Yes he did but he’s still up and coming and has potential his stock wont be as high as the other two id imagine but he did well with us for 15-18 months so would surely be in any discussion League one downwards? 

No he didn't. Mk dons were not in the relegation zone when he was sacked

25 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No he didn't. Mk dons were not in the relegation zone when he was sacked

No but they were performingly badly below expectation and it put them in a dangerous position. Did they have a chance to escape , yes... would they of if Robbie had stayed , we don’t know. He left them in a poor position so he has a culpability in it

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

If Livvie win the play off then I would think Hopkin would be the target for something a bit better than Carlisle.  

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Spencer said:

I suspect Robbie now feels he left Hearts too soon 

I have listened to him on Sportsound a bit over the last month or so. He talks well and appears knowledgeable about the game 

Strangely enough I think he would come back to Hearts as HC and I think CL would be happy with that in order to step back into DoF role 

Won't happen though 

Only happen if CL does well and everyone is happy. 

If CL fails, Robbie would be too divisive. 

I wouldn't write Robbie of yet, he's very young. 

Hopefully comes back, I'll get some use out of my Robbie pyjamas again 

Rick James

Been saying for weeks I think McInnes will leave this summer, and personally I think he’d be off his heed not to.

4 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Totally agree. Ok his sides don’t generally play free flowing, attractive football but he builds a side of physical players who know what it takes to win. Look at Stoke - wanted rid of Pulis to play more attractive football and have ultimately paid the price. Benitez at Newcastle again doesn’t always play great football but he has a team of players who would put their bodies on the line which has seen them finish well. Did Moyes ever play exciting football when he was there? No sure why their fans feel entitled to it.

It's why Allardyces reputation is something of a relegation battler. Good football? Not quite. Effective football? You better believe it. I don't remember Everton playing a necessarily attractive style in the past either so you're right to ask where the entitlement comes from

Pasquale for King

I’m hoping all the teams above us will have new managers next season.

Its a precarious job now, average 1.5 years, and they have to take opportunities when they are flavour of the month, Mcinnes was right to turn down the Huns and Sunderland though. I wonder if guys like Allardyce have made more money from payoffs than wages in their careers.

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Spencer said:

And a championship side to 2nd in the premier.

Bull's-eye
9 hours ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Sam Allardyce expected to be sacked tomorrow according to SSN

I find Everton hilarious, Martinez 1st season playing good attacking football, 2nd season far to attacking, hounded out.

Koeman, tried to change the style of play to get them playing better stuff, hounded out.

Big Sam, do a job please and keep us up, hounded out. 

Mental.

Any of the big clubs banging on Lennon or Brendan's door?  Didn't think so.

Problem is that when you've failed miserably in England the big boys look elsewhere.

You had your chance and blew it.

59 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And a championship side to 2nd in the premier.

Slightly untrue as Aberdeen iirc had a game in hand and then went 2nd 

Relegation with MK Dons is not a great mark on his CV though. Probably does think he left Hearts too soon I suspect 

Puzzling that McInnes has turned down Sunderland and Rangers yet Neilson left for the first opportunity whilst being the first Hearts Head Coach / Manager in living memory to operate in an environment where the club were operating without unsustainable and unservicable debt 

17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Any of the big clubs banging on Lennon or Brendan's door?  Didn't think so.

Problem is that when you've failed miserably in England the big boys look elsewhere.

You had your chance and blew it.

Did Brendan fail miserably in England??

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
10 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Relegation with MK Dons is not a great mark on his CV though. Probably does think he left Hearts too soon I suspect 

Puzzling that McInnes has turned down Sunderland and Rangers yet Neilson left for the first opportunity whilst being the first Hearts Head Coach / Manager in living memory to operate in an environment where the club were operating without unsustainable and unservicable debt 

We were second in the league when Neilson left, there really is nothing to argue against that.

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, sadj said:

bullshit

he will get a job back up here, but unless he does incredibly well up here with another club, he will never get a head coach job down south again.

He failed miserably.

i wish jj was my dad
10 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Hearts were sitting with the second highest number of points in the top league when he left after starting in the championship.  True or not? I've no idea why he did that and it looks in hindsight to have been a big mistake.

He won't be back at Hearts next season at least not for the main gig. He'd be a good bet for Utd I would have thought.

16 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Did Brendan fail miserably in England??

Yup.  Gigantically.  Booted out of Liverpool.  Told never to come back.  Went to some outfit in Spain.  Lasted about a fortnight.

That's why I've got as much chance of getting the arsenal job  as him.

shaun.lawson
28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Yup.  Gigantically.  Booted out of Liverpool.  Told never to come back.  Went to some outfit in Spain.  Lasted about a fortnight.

:cornette_dog:

1. Rodgers took Liverpool from 7th to 2nd, on the fifth largest wage bill. He came closer than anyone since 1990 to finally winning a league title there. That no-one else has managed it really ought to tell you something - but naturally, as it's you, it doesn't.

2. This is the second or third time you've mentioned this mythical "outfit in Spain". You've literally made it up. Invented it out of thin air. Yet you still repeat this invention again and again. It makes you look like a bloody idiot.

It seriously appears to me as though you think Brendan Rodgers and Gary Neville are the same bloke. Honestly, it does. 

shaun.lawson
11 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Delighted to see him about to be sacked. An odious, corrupt greedheaded arsehole whose idea of 'football' would make any fanbase's eyes bleed. 

Good luck to Everton as they move on without his malign influence.

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:cornette_dog:

1. Rodgers took Liverpool from 7th to 2nd, on the fifth largest wage bill. He came closer than anyone since 1990 to finally winning a league title there. That no-one else has managed it really ought to tell you something - but naturally, as it's you, it doesn't.

2. This is the second or third time you've mentioned this mythical "outfit in Spain". You've literally made it up. Invented it out of thin air. Yet you still repeat this invention again and again. It makes you look like a bloody idiot.

It seriously appears to me as though you think Brendan Rodgers and Gary Neville are the same bloke. Honestly, it does. 

No mammoth essay about how Brendan Rogers is a broken man in English Premier League terms after the horrors he has been through? Drawing 3-3 with Palace after being 3-0 up with ten minutes to go. Stevie Gerrard’s slip against Chelsea. Being the first Liverpool manager since the 1950s not to win a trophy after three years in charge. Must be a ruined shitebag who’ll never cut it in the EPL ever again ;)

41 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I thought he done alright :laugh: No big fan of the guy but. Reckon he'd be considered for arsenal, longlisted at least!

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

bullshit

he will get a job back up here, but unless he does incredibly well up here with another club, he will never get a head coach job down south again.

He failed miserably.

Such eloquence.

its all about opinions. I can see why your thought process would be that way but I stick by my opinion though I do agree its more likely he’ll take/get a job back up here first. 

It does my blood pressure no good at all when people come on here and sing the praises of anyone or anything related to Celtic or Rangers.  Certainly instructs my opinion of them.

I am kinder to our neighbours.  I am the first to admit that Stanton was every bit as good a player as JJ.  O'Rourke was substantially better than some of the donkeys we had in his era.  Turnbull was an above average manager.  Not as good as JJ but not bad.

It's a shame for them that they've been pretty much hopeless for 40 years or more but when it's earned, even if reluctantly, I will praise them.

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think you're mixing up managers.

Moyes went to Spain, and Neville went to Spain, but Rogers never went to Spain (well, not to work anyway)..

Edited by Sydney

manaliveits105

Rogers has a low stock in England and is a bit of a creepy joke figure

- my English colleagues opinion 

no chance of the Arsenal job

the London trannies will breathe a sigh of relief 

3 hours ago, Sydney said:

I think you're mixing up managers.

Moyes went to Spain, and Neville went to Spain, but Rogers never went to Spain (well, not to work anyway)..

You could knock me down with a feather.  Would have sworn it was Rodgers rather than moyes.

Still don't like him.