12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Then here's another name 

That is credible 

Danny Swanson 

As in coming to us??

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Danny Swanson?

The murmurs I've read on here seem to suggest he's very close to Levein but he didn't click with Neilson as much. Hasn't Levein been involved with his career since he was at school?

Ryan Jarman

MInd when Swanson trolled us all by kissing the badge. 

:cornette:

Bitter wee tramp can awa and sling shite at the moon. 

Edited by Ryan Jarman

23 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Keeper now signed, the squad is starting to take shape.

Goalkeepers

Zlamal

Mason

Right backs

M.Smith

L.Smith

Godhino

Brandon

Centre backs

Berra

Souttar

Baur

Gajda

Hamilton

(M.Smith and Petkov can cover here)

Left backs

Garuccio

(all right backs and Burns can cover here)

Centre Mids

Lee

Djoum

Burns

Cowie

Callachan

Cochrane

C.Smith

Petkov

Irving

Martin

Wingers/Supporting Attackers/Second Strikers

Amankwaa

Mulraney

Moore

Zanatta

McDonald

Morrison

Henderson

(Cowie, Djoum, Brandon and Burns can all cover here)

Centre Forwards

Lafferty

MacLean

Ikpeazu

Currie

Keena

Roy

Sammon

(Zanatta and Henderson can cover here)

I'd say Callachan, Martin, Sammon and Amankwaa are not good enough.

I also have big doubts over whether Moore, Henderson, Petkov and Baur will cut it, based on what I've seen so far from them.

10 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I'd say Callachan, Martin, Sammon and Amankwaa are not good enough.

I also have big doubts over whether Moore, Henderson, Petkov and Baur will cut it, based on what I've seen so far from them.

Certainly difficult to see how we threaten top 4 without a real influx of quality 

What we appear to have added thus far could be reasonable players. Our starting point is a yawning gap to Kilmarnock let alone top 4 though

Even if we get Naismith, Adao, Milinkovic and Mitchell back, is anything likely to be different compared to last 6 months 

Absolute Scenes

Danny swanson wouldn't be a bad shout. He's not kicked on this season but I think that's down to dealing with his close friend being killed, something that would affect any one of us

He has shown he has ability, when playing for St Johnstone that season, and I do believe there is a player in there. Reminds me of charlie adam in a way

rudi must stay
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Danny swanson wouldn't be a bad shout. He's not kicked on this season but I think that's down to dealing with his close friend being killed, something that would affect any one of us

He has shown he has ability, when playing for St Johnstone that season, and I do believe there is a player in there. Reminds me of charlie adam in a way

Swanson is one of the few players I really don't like. Nasty guy, I think he has good talent but his fitness is a huge weakness, I reckon it's why he picks up so many injuries. Dives into things due to being exhausted and he picks them up. 

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Are you serious? Did you miss the whole badge kissing/twitter fiasco?

:cornette_dog:

25 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Certainly difficult to see how we threaten top 4 without a real influx of quality 

What we appear to have added thus far could be reasonable players. Our starting point is a yawning gap to Kilmarnock let alone top 4 though

Even if we get Naismith, Adao, Milinkovic and Mitchell back, is anything likely to be different compared to last 6 months 

Yes, there is too many average players and not enough players who can make a real difference. From the signings we have made so far, I can only see the goalkeeper and Olly Lee starting regularly.

I'd hope from now on in we are going to add players who are going to be in the first XI.

gorgieheart
14 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You need to step away from the wine gums dude..... !!!

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Are you serious? Did you miss the whole badge kissing/twitter fiasco?

:cornette_dog:

Wait please haha!, let me explain!!

I don't remember this event?

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

You need to step away from the wine gums dude..... !!!

Now now, let's be reasonable haha

I was referring to the season was at saints and has a pretty good season (the one after he left us)

Swanson can go away and eat his own shite. 

He will never be good enough for Hearts and was a lazy ******* when he played for us if you can even call it that.

Fat bitter *******. He’s well suited down that end.

BobbyJenkins
1 minute ago, Chaps said:

Swanson can go away and eat his own shite. 

He will never be good enough for Hearts and was a lazy ******* when he played for us if you can even call it that.

Fat bitter *******. He’s well suited down that end.

This.

If swanson isn't good enough or professional enough to play for Robbie why the **** would anyone want him near our club again? I seem to recall after joining hibs he was pretty classless about his time with us. 

Pass.

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Is he not of Lochend persuasion?

The way he spoke about Hearts when he went to the dark side and the badge kissing incident would certainly give one that impression, yes.

Famous 1874
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Rumours this morning saying Real might want Klopp or Pochettino.

Pochettino just signed a new 5 year deal with Spurs last week, wouldn't be totally surprising if they went for Klopp.

King prawn
23 hours ago, Spencer said:

Probably not with the first 11 if everyone is fit although I think our biggest problems came when any of the first choice players were out - Lee should be an upgrade on Callachan (even Edwards from Thistle would be imo). A left footed left back if Mitchell is out has got to be better than a right footed teenager filling in. I’d rather see McClean come on for half an hour than asking a 16 year old to come on and turn the game around by himself.

We need some more quality rather than numbers now though. 

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Pochettino just signed a new 5 year deal with Spurs last week, wouldn't be totally surprising if they went for Klopp.

5 year deal with a clause in it that he can speak to Real

The Old Tolbooth

Klopp is going nowhere, he's already said that he's at Liverpool until they sack him, and that's never going to happen, Pochetino is much more likely, although a bit of a gamble for them, as would Klopp be. 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ridiculous that the UK media seem to think that Real will instantly look to the EPL for a manager. 

One is Spanish, to be fair. 

If you’re looking at France or Germany then it’s PSG or Bayern, and neither of those clubs have a manager who would be attractive to Real (or, indeed, a manager in PSGs case)

Portuguese league? No idea. 

Italian? The Juve boss, perhaps?

Brendan Rodgers, obviously. 

vegas-voss
17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If you’re looking at France or Germany then it’s PSG or Bayern, and neither of those clubs have a manager who would be attractive to Real (or, indeed, a manager in PSGs case)

Sarri and Allegri have been linked

Up in Dundee earlier in the week and heard a wee story that United want Sammon on a season long loan.

grumpyespana
4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Up in Dundee earlier in the week and heard a wee story that United want Sammon on a season long loan.

Please be true.

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

They can have him if they pay his wages. 

We'll thrown in Martin for half price too.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

43 minutes ago, Tazio said:

BBC article does not contradict the assertion that there are clauses dealing with an approach from Real Madrid (or Barcelona or PSG etc) including allowing Pochettina to speak to them.  

Daniel Levy has done very well for Tottenham and they will get big compensation. But Pochettina will be allowed to leave. 

49 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ridiculous that the UK media seem to think that Real will instantly look to the EPL for a manager. 

Not any EPL manager though bear in mind EPL is international not English.

Pochettina is one of if not the highest ranked manager in Europe. 

The Old Tolbooth
54 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be honest mate, at the rate Real Madrid go through managers, it's only a matter of time before they completely run out of options, never seen a more whiny shower of arseholes who follow a club than their fans, never happy with anyone or any player. 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

To be honest mate, at the rate Real Madrid go through managers, it's only a matter of time before they completely run out of options, never seen a more whiny shower of arseholes who follow a club than their fans, never happy with anyone or any player. 

In Zidane's time at Madrid we've had Neilson, Cathro and Levein in charge!

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

That's not true. He confirmed that this morning pal.

rudi must stay
22 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

All they care about is the Champions League. Zidane has got the role spot on, read yesterday on the givemesport website he's had enough of the squad and the egos. Interesting

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

All they care about is the Champions League. Zidane has got the role spot on, read yesterday on the givemesport website he's had enough of the squad and the egos. Interesting

Though it might seem he has left due to struggles in the league. 

I think winning the league is number one priority for Real Madrid especially since its Barcelona and Athletico they are competing with. 

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think winning the league is number one priority for Real Madrid especially since its Barcelona and Athletico they are competing with. 

I think it's the egos. I couldn't believe Bales answer to the journalists question 'ye I want to go, I'm not playing enough' his answer should have been all about Real Madrid. Ronaldo wants to leave every summer. The players are bigger than the manager there and Zizou's had enough

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think it's the egos. I couldn't believe Bales answer to the journalists question 'ye I want to go, I'm not playing enough' his answer should have been all about Real Madrid. Ronaldo wants to leave every summer. The players are bigger than the manager there and Zizou's had enough

And it would be difficult to really change that and all the other politics behind the scenes. 

Guys like Wenger or Pochettino would need the support and authority to be able to do a total rebuild. 

Zidane maybe knows he wouldn't get that support or as he said doesn't believe he is right man to do it. 

Adam_the_legend
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think part of the problem is they want, and expect, to win everything. Nutters

Bazzas right boot
On 29/05/2018 at 20:34, Debut 4 said:

To be scathing, we did finish 6th and basing performances on last season it looks like one of those line ups which looks better on paper.

People are getting misty eyed because some players played a bit better towards the end of the season when the pressure was off. Personally, I think Smith generally  ordinary and would have Godhino and even Brandon ahead of him.

Naismith scored in the Derby and notched others but in all honesty didn't bring the consistent quality we all expected.

Im not going to go too deep though. There's many many reasons why we had a poor season.

I think one big thing though is combination play, or lack of,  between the key areas going forward. Mitchell is the sort of standard we need on the right to link play with the midfield. We also need stronger hold up play upfront and a good wide player getting in there. 

Fair points but I disagree. 

Mitchell, Naismith and Adao all arrived in January, all hadn't played reguraly for a while, but all are decent players, in fact are good at this level. 

We had injuries across the midfield  constantly and many players were playing not near 100% due to niggles. 

Our biggest issue last year was lack of depth out with our first 11, not helped by injuries.

An 11-13 of that quality supplemented by around 7-10 solid pros, with different qualities to mix it up and improving youngsters is ideal. 

We had almost zero ability to change things when they went wrong or players had a bad day making us easy on occasion to play against as we simply could not impact anything positively. 

4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Yip.

Amazes me that Klopp gets away with never having won a trophy at Liverpool and poor old Pochettino gets slated for it.

Despite Spurs finishing above them in the three seasons Klopp has been manager.

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

In Zidane's time at Madrid we've had Neilson, Cathro and Levein in charge!

Shite managers are ten a penny mate, top quality ones that they're after are very rare indeed. 

6 hours ago, Deevers said:

Reported in press today that Gerrard is looking at a possible offer for McGeoch. Hibs have reportedly offered him £3k a week to stay 

I can't believe that we are paying Sammon anything less than £3k per week given where he was playing when we signed him. It's an easy excuse to point to stand as the reason why we are finding it hard to compete. I suspect we are paying the thick end of £6k per week to Sammon and Martin.  That really is inexcusable