***Summer 2018 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Real Madrid sign Mariano for £30m a year after selling him to Lyon for £8m. Lyon looking to replace him with Dembele from Celtic. 

Haven't they already agreed to sell him to another Spanish club for something like £40m?

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Haven't they already agreed to sell him to another Spanish club for something like £40m?

Real had a clause in his contract that allowed them a buy back at a set amount.

Edited by Gav M

The Internet
2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The last twice I have watched him he has been poor and wonder what the fuss is about.

I'm not convinced about him at all tbh. Would be cool to get him in and see what he can do but wouldn't set the expectations too high. 

46 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Real had a clause in his contract that allowed them a buy back at a set amount.

Then will probably sell him to Sevilla and make the extra money from the fee that had been agreed with Sevilla 

16 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah Sevilla had agreed a fee but Madrid got in with their buyback clause. 

Sorry I thought Madrid had sorted the fee with Sevilla. Easy profit for a bit of paperwork

By the light
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'm not convinced about him at all tbh. Would be cool to get him in and see what he can do but wouldn't set the expectations too high. 

I saw him at Tynecastle for the Scotland U21s and he was very average that night. Don’t see where he’d fit now we’ve got Mitchell. 

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:38, Bauld said:

Shame if we can't find some 28-33 year old no nonsense centre half who will header a brick if it stop a goal. 

I don't care if he can't play football he just needs to stop goals going in until Berra is fit.

You just described Blazjek Augustyn

favouriteplayer

Twiiter rumours suggest that Youssouf Mulumbu is heading to Celtic Park. I don't imagine he will be there to sit on the bench though, Ntcham away with Dembele?

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wonder if Gauld is doomed to just be linked with moves back to Scotland every summer for the rest of time. 

The right move and he'll go upwards again. Terrific wee player, for them he'd be a brilliant signing. Very much like Jason Holt but twice the player

10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The right move and he'll go upwards again. Terrific wee player, for them he'd be a brilliant signing. Very much like Jason Holt but twice the player

How do we know he is a terrific wee player.

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, benny said:

How do we know he is a terrific wee player.

You seen him for Dundee United? Other players couldn't get near him, and he was so much better technically than anyone on the pitch it was untrue, he earned the nickname mini Messi from the fans. It's not easy to play attacking mid for Sporting Lisbon though, that's probably their strongest position over the years and they can and have brought in £20 million players there. The guy is very much a confidence player and hes had a few years in the B team playing Infront of low crowds which is not probably not how he planned for the move to go

17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You seen him for Dundee United? Other players couldn't get near him, and he was so much better technically than anyone on the pitch it was untrue, he earned the nickname mini Messi from the fans. It's not easy to play attacking mid for Sporting Lisbon though, that's probably their strongest position over the years and they can and have brought in £20 million players there. The guy is very much a confidence player and hes had a few years in the B team playing Infront of low crowds which is not probably not how he planned for the move to go

I saw him at Dundee Utd.Never really thought he was something special.

Basically played reserve team football since then.

All hype from about 4 or 5 years now.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Haven't read it but they are going to lose some very important players come January.

They will need to expand their squad to cope.

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Haven't read it but they are going to lose some very important players come January.

They will need to expand their squad to cope.

Who are they losing?