***Summer 2018 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I know we've started already, but I reckon a few clubs will start releasing guys and making pre-contract deals as early as Monday.

Anyone heard anything? Doesn't matter what team or league.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

Anyone know what’s happening with Scott fraser? Was rumoured to of signed a precontract with us. Seen burton and Blackpool interested. 

tartofmidlothian
14 hours ago, 1874KRM said:

Anyone know what’s happening with Scott fraser? Was rumoured to of signed a precontract with us. Seen burton and Blackpool interested. 

What position does he play? Have we already signed someone or promoted a kid who can do the same job?

PortyJambo
14 hours ago, 1874KRM said:

Was impressed with him in the games against Livi, pacy with quick feet and can pick a pass. He whips in a quality corner too. Would be a good signing if we can get him.

On 12/05/2018 at 20:39, 1874KRM said:

The fact we've announced guys who have signed pre-contracts suggests he hasn't signed for us. 

I'm still hopeful because he looks a very decent player who'd improve us.

WoodenHertz
5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The fact we've announced guys who have signed pre-contracts suggests he hasn't signed for us. 

Could it not have been the fact Dundee Utd where in the playoffs? Maybe they had asked us to hold off on any announcement? Just pure speculation from myself, but maybe we might here something this week now that their season is over. 

Just now, WoodenHertz said:

Could it not have been the fact Dundee Utd where in the playoffs? Maybe they had asked us to hold off on any announcement? Just pure speculation from myself, but maybe we might here something this week now that their season is over. 

Hope so.

tartofmidlothian
24 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

We only announce pre-contracts when they're actually signed though. There's every chance we still want him but just haven't agreed a deal yet.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

5 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

We only announce pre-contracts when they're actually signed though. There's every chance we still want him but just haven't agreed a deal yet.

That was my original point to the poster who mentioned that Fraser had already signed a pre-contract.

17 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

In fairness though, and I might just be really tripping but I'm sure I read CL mention that we'd got a couple of pre contracts that them or their club had asked to wait til the seasons end to announce.

Or maybe someone on here said it but I'm definitely sure I remember reading that somewhere 

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

That was my original point to the poster who mentioned that Fraser had already signed a pre-contract.

:lol:

Yeah, sorry, I misread that one.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Rangers sign Scott Arfield. Good signing. Unfortunately.

I wonder if Gerrard still wants McGregor as well?

Cruyff Turn

Say we keep Mitchell, Adao, Skinny and Naismith

Sign Fraser, Bradley and Mulraney

Think it'll be another LB and a GK and we'll be done. 

johnking123
12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Will be more than that.

Alex Kintner
16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Will be more than that.

16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Will be more than that.

That’ll be 13 signings. How many more do you feel we need?

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Will be more than that.

We don't want tons of signings, that reeks of cathros january window...but we do need a good few.

Tying up the loanees, that's 4 signings

With the pre contracts thats another 3

Midfield needs the most work, but I don't think we are far away. If we sign Adoa, thats a real presence for our midfield. If we get Fraser and say one more midfielder, CB for.cover and GK then I'd say we are there. 

Cruyff Turn
14 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Will be more than that.

Do you think?

If the above happened we'd have:

GK- New Keeper, J.Hamilton, RB- M.Smith, M.Godinho, J.Brandon, L.Smith* LB- D.Mitchell, New Left Back, CB- C.Berra, J.Souttar, S.Bradley, D.Baur, C.Hamilton, A.Hughes * CM- J.Adao, D.Cowie, H.Cochrane, O.Lee, S.Fraser, A.Djoum, R.Callachan, A.Irving  LW- D.Milinkovic, B.Burns, S.Ward RW, D.Amankwaa, J.Mulraney, L.Moore, C.Morrison, FW, S.Naismith, K.Lafferty, S.Maclean, U.Ikpeazu, R.Currie, A.Keena

May be another CB to replace Hughes

Jamboscanbevicius
2 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

That’ll be 13 signings. How many more do you feel we need?

How many have gone out to accommodate the 13 though:

- McLaughlin = new GK

- Hughes (tbc) = Bradley (tbc)

- Randall = Burns 

- Buaben = Adao

- Goncalves = Naismith

- Stockton = McLean

- Nowak = Olly Lee (tbc)

- Noring = ???

- Todorov = Ikpeazu

- Smith-Brown = Mitchell

Plus we add Milinkovic, Fraser, Mulraney and another LB

And remember we may get Sammon, Martin, and maybe Callachan off the payroll too!

Cruyff Turn
24 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Do you think?

If the above happened we'd have:

GK- New Keeper, J.Hamilton, RB- M.Smith, M.Godinho, J.Brandon, L.Smith* LB- D.Mitchell, New Left Back, CB- C.Berra, J.Souttar, S.Bradley, D.Baur, C.Hamilton, A.Hughes * CM- J.Adao, D.Cowie, H.Cochrane, O.Lee, S.Fraser, A.Djoum, R.Callachan, A.Irving  LW- D.Milinkovic, B.Burns, S.Ward RW, D.Amankwaa, J.Mulraney, L.Moore, C.Morrison, FW, S.Naismith, K.Lafferty, S.Maclean, U.Ikpeazu, R.Currie, A.Keena

May be another CB to replace Hughes

Missing Henderson and McDonald from that as well. 

Mind you, a lot of them will probably go out on loan and a lot of them will play reserves and U17' s next season.

Still, a very strong squad who can improve together. 35-40 players

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Holyrood_Hearts
32 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Pretty sure I read something which suggested that we're looking for two keepers 

I read similar (probably on here actually!) but think Jack will leave as well as McLaughlin 

Lack of announcements today suggest to me that chat of Scott Fraser already signing is false, really like the look of him though so hope we can tie him up

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Lack of announcements today suggest to me that chat of Scott Fraser already signing is false, really like the look of him though so hope we can tie him up

Think it’ll be him OR Olly Lee. Can’t see both arriving unless Djoum is leaving

Just now, Frank1874 said:

Think it’ll be him OR Olly Lee. Can’t see both arriving unless Djoum is leaving

I reckon we need competition for places, if you put together our best fit 11 with loanees and a new keeper then I think that we have a really good team,the problem stems from the fact that when our first 11 gets suspensions injuries or a loss of form then any player whom we bring in makes the side drastically worse, if you look at our best fit 11 it would be:

Keeper

Smith 

Souttar

Berra

Hughes

Mitchell 

Djoum

Adao

Naismith 

Milinkovic 

Lafferty 

Cowie

Then we're looking at players to come in like 

Hamilton 

Godhino 

Baur

Petkov 

Brandon 

Amankwaa 

Callachan 

Cochrane 

Burns

MacLean 

Ikpeazu 

The players in the second 11 are capable of playing well but they're equally capable of playing very poorly, I would also like to add that Cowie shouldn't really be a starter, I'd like to go into next season believing that we can deal with any long term injuries and signing both Lee and Fraser would make me feel a lot better about our capabilities 

Should really be 2 keepers as Jon and Noring need to be replaced unless Levein feels comfortable with a youth keeper as 3rd choice.

If Mitchell returns then we'd have him, Burns and the 2 smiths all able to play LB so can't see us signing any other left backs.

Outwith re-signing the loanee's I'd say we'll still be after

a CH, maybe 2 if Hughes retires/big bid for Souttar

another winger

playmaking CM

Nathan2012

Is Jake Mulraney still happening? I thought he was a swap with Beith but Beith has already signed for Caley where it's gone very quiet on Mulraney.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

Guy I work with knows Ali Crawford through friends  and  Seemingly he’s signing for us

Thought he was off to hibs

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So did I but seemingly that’s straight from the horses mouth 

Clerry Jambo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hibs apparently have Stevie Mallan signed up

3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Think we'll need more than that.

We seen how bad Adao was on wed, and at Ibrox, etc. Milinkovic fairly anonymous when it comes to big games (Celtic at Tynie aside). Mulraney doesn't get a kick for ICT, and Fraser is just back from a serious injury.

We need to sign at least 4 players that are ready to go straight into the first team and make an immediate impact on the league.

Danny Rogers who had a loan spell at Dumbarton when we were in Championship and then had a couple of seasons as Falkirk keeper on loan has signed a new 2 year contract with Aberdeen. Similar level and age to Jack Hamilton. 

Aberdeen have released Maynard and Arnason. 

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Danny Rogers who had a loan spell at Dumbarton when we were in Championship and then had a couple of seasons as Falkirk keeper on loan has signed a new 2 year contract with Aberdeen. Similar level and age to Jack Hamilton. 

Aberdeen have released Maynard and Arnason. 

Mind when we wanted Arnason?

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Mind when we wanted Arnason?

I mind he was on trial with us years ago but we never offered him a deal

LarrysRightFoot
3 hours ago, 1874KRM said:

So did I but seemingly that’s straight from the horses mouth 

Not that I’m doubting you but is he not quoted as saying he has nothing tied up and would like to go down south?

1 hour ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

IfAdao doesn't re-sign, we would need a midfield enforcer 

Going to put my neck on the line and suggest we've probably seen the last of Adao. Based on the amount of luggage he loaded into my taxi this morning, I'm guessing he doesn't think he'll be back. Cab was so full, there wasn't actually room for him with his wife and 2 kids (one of which was strapped to his Mrs).

Of course, it might be cheaper to fill an easyJet hold than put some gear in storage?

tartofmidlothian

Apparently Chelsea want Pochettino to replace Conte. That would make them title contenders again.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

E4BDA6A4-BAC9-40E1-B73E-BF0C38E1CFA1.jpeg

Still held in high regard, I wonder what that means.