Hearts "Fans bar" ( merged )

7628mm

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, Morph said:

It’s a brand new stand too with new facilities, just bizarre not to have something so basic that would probably generate them more money too. 

Who knows, maybe not.  Feels like you should 100% have card machines in the bar though :laugh:

I went for a pie in the new stand a few months ago and joined the ‘card and cash’ queue to be told I couldn’t use my card. 

Bit odd. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

• Fxxx the SPFL

• ...a bit disco

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I was in that night too. Frail is the Norn Iron U21 coach I think? 

No idea, mate. The female talent in that place of a Saturday tea time is a site to behold though.

7 minutes ago, Morph said:

It’s the first day Kila, I am sure it will get better!

Teething problems :thumbsup:

The card machine thing is a joke though, no idea why they don’t just have contactless throughout tynecastle.  The cash queues seem so pointless as contactless would be quicker. 

It seems like everything Hearts do ends up with teething problems. I think there are a few incompetent folk who are responsible for some of these problems though. Okay I don't know who runs what, I can only comment as a fan/customer but things could be done a hell of a lot better at times! Forgetting seats, forgetting to get a license for the new bar, forgetting, not trying hard enough...

When FoH are in charge, I'd expect a lot more accountability. The little things really matter, and the club keep slipping up on them. Need better folk, need folk who care...

Anyway I'm being a bitter arsehole so I'll shut up and look forward to my first drink in this bar on Wednesday when I actually have cash on me!

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

No idea, mate. The female talent in that place of a Saturday tea time is a site to behold though.

Spot on Mars. We obviously go just for the beer...but you can't help noticing while you"re there:laugh:

Mars plastic
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Spot on Mars. We obviously go just for the beer...but you can't help noticing while you"re there:laugh:

They're not precious about putting the football on either, unlike Monty's. Unfortunately, they had the Aberdeen game on last Friday. Saying that, I was too busy getting my trousers removed at table tennis to notice. :)

His name is
1 hour ago, kila said:

Cash only :laugh:  Not even written anywhere, not mentioned in the tweet... well done for communication Hearts!

They didn't even have the Cardiff game on a single screen, all screens on BT reminding us of a defeat to Celtic. Folk in charge not football fans or clued up...

Budge out

Levein out 

heartsfc_fan

I was also in the 'dont have cash on me crowd'. Had to leave as only had my debit card on me. Bit of a shame as the prices looked good and the bar itself looked decent.

Appreciate its early days and Hearts will learn from this.

Eh ...I was there after the game ..prices are right and tv if you wanted to watch it. Plenty people using credit card although seemed to take a while. All good as far as I could see

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Daft wee kiosks for the festival have contactless card machines yet Hearts still expect folk to carry cash?

Madness. 

I prefer to use cash,use your card if you want just don’t expect everyone to kiss your arse.

Beast Boy

I was there by invite before the match. Thought it was great. My two hour journey to get there from Penicuik meant I only enjoyed it for twenty minutes however.

***** will moan though.

Alex Kintner

Went in for a couple of pints before the game with my mates. Had a quick chat with Mrs Budge too. Looks great and very reasonably priced :thumbsup:

heartsfc_fan
4 minutes ago, Arry said:

Eh ...I was there after the game ..prices are right and tv if you wanted to watch it. Plenty people using credit card although seemed to take a while. All good as far as I could see

Eh? Barman told woman Infront of me cash only. Unless they twigged on to this issue and got a reader from the Gorgie Suite?

21 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Get yourself into the Black Ivy when you're next in town. It's the old Bruntsfield Links. Billy Lowe now has it and he's made a cracking job of it.

The same Black Ivy that sponsored the Hibs’ POTY awards? I’ll pass.

Mars plastic
3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

:lol: 

You sound like you’re 12 years old with a comment like that so you’re unlikely to get in anyway, certainly without supervision of an adult. 

fabienleclerq

I paid at a kiosk with my debit card today in the new stand, be strange not to have it in the bar?

13 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

You sound like you’re 12 years old with a comment like that so you’re unlikely to get in anyway, certainly without supervision of an adult. 

I’m 13 actually.

15 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

You ever frequent the Blackbird at Tollcross Mars?

Deans Jambo

No shock to see folk moaning again ffs they're only just testing it out. 

I would never 100% expect a bar to take cards, yes granted most modern ones do but it's not a given. Only time I carry cash would be when going out drinking. 

Edited by Deans Jambo

20 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I paid at a kiosk with my debit card today in the new stand, be strange not to have it in the bar?

Does anyone know why the card tills don't actually just have a card machine too? :laugh:

Every time i go for a pie and pay with my card it's like there is one card machine being passed about the card tills.  Surely they're not that expensive?!

Mars plastic
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You ever frequent the Blackbird at Tollcross Mars?

Been in a few times, mate, both for food and drinks. Wouldn’t count it amongst my favourite places but had a nice wee beer garden out the back

43 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Quite right mate,..... now put that Carlsberg doon and close your Marathon Bet account too :teu35:

1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Been in a few times, mate, both for food and drinks. Wouldn’t count it amongst my favourite places but had a nice wee beer garden out the back

Yeah, we quite like it too.

We were in two weeks ago and the two wee girls behind the bar were well pished :lol:, throwing back shooters and telling gormless American tourists that they had to buy doubles when they ordered the really expensive malts :) 

Had a really good pint of a lager I had never seen before although the name evades me at the moment.

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, kila said:

It seems like everything Hearts do ends up with teething problems. I think there are a few incompetent folk who are responsible for some of these problems though. Okay I don't know who runs what, I can only comment as a fan/customer but things could be done a hell of a lot better at times! Forgetting seats, forgetting to get a license for the new bar, forgetting, not trying hard enough...

When FoH are in charge, I'd expect a lot more accountability. The little things really matter, and the club keep slipping up on them. Need better folk, need folk who care...

Anyway I'm being a bitter arsehole so I'll shut up and look forward to my first drink in this bar on Wednesday when I actually have cash on me!

There’s definitely a bit of “Aye we’ll just get it out there and fix it as we go” about stuff. A bit like any Apple software update - ever.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, obua said:

I prefer to use cash,use your card if you want just don’t expect everyone to kiss your arse.

I didn’t realise they were serving methylated spirits at this bar today. 

2 hours ago, obua said:

What a strange response.

So despite the moans what we actually found out was that some people moaned without checking as many people used their cards

The only issue was whether contactless was available

What amazes me is that there is not a shop or bar that opens perfectly yet our club has to get everything right on the night or else we have the moaning minnies on here telling us it's a failure

There seem to be a few who are looking for any way to drag down the club

They seemingly couldn't find much fault with the bar itself so tried to put the boot in using payment issues as a cause for complaint

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

So despite the moans what we actually found out was that some people moaned without checking as many people used their cards

The only issue was whether contactless was available

What amazes me is that there is not a shop or bar that opens perfectly yet our club has to get everything right on the night or else we have the moaning minnies on here telling us it's a failure

There seem to be a few who are looking for any way to drag down the club

They seemingly couldn't find much fault with the bar itself so tried to put the boot in using payment issues as a cause for complaint

Moans about folk moaning.

Mental.

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Went in for a couple of pints before the game with my mates. Had a quick chat with Mrs Budge too. Looks great and very reasonably priced :thumbsup:

Mrs Budge always looks great, pity about your next remark.

Really!!!

Tommy Brown
On 05/05/2018 at 22:19, Manny1874 said:

Check out @JamTarts’s Tweet:

Birra Moretti and Amstel the lagers on tap by the looks of it. 

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the black strip?

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the black strip?

Looks like Partick Thistle.

Might be a players strip from the opening match.

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Looks like Partick Thistle.

Might be a players strip from the opening match.

Makes sense, cheers

jambovambo

I was in a craft beer bar in the weedge the other week that only takes cards

koelschip, I think it was. 

Mikey1874
6 hours ago, kila said:

100%

All a bit amateur at times

To be fair we rely partly on volunteers and everyone is really busy

But the club needs to sharpen up 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Moans about folk moaning.

Mental.

Yeah

Those of us with experience of running events including bars etc  are just saying sharpen up a bit

Not being massively critical. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

100%

All a bit amateur at times

To be fair we rely partly on volunteers and everyone is really busy

But the club needs to sharpen up 

Totally agree. The quiz earlier this year,I felt, was a huge disappointment. They can only rely on the loyalty of the fans for so long if they don't up their game

Alex Kintner
5 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Mrs Budge always looks great, pity about your next remark.

Really!!!

Well played :jjyay:

Bull's-eye
6 hours ago, Bez said:

I was there by invite before the match. Thought it was great. My two hour journey to get there from Penicuik meant I only enjoyed it for twenty minutes however.

***** will moan though.

Was great seeing you in the new supporters bar before the game m9.

Love to the good lady and wee one. 

Hopefully see you on Wednesday to catch up some more. 

If all the moany ***** **** off and don’t go back then the good guys that do go will have a much better time in there.

win win

14 hours ago, obua said:

More transactions are carried out with cards than cash these days.Cash will be a thing of the past in a few years.

All people are saying is that Hearts should be offering the opportunity to pay by both cash or card. They will be losing out on a fair bit of custom by not accepting card payments.

8 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

More transactions are carried out with cards than cash these days.Cash will be a thing of the past in a few years.

All people are saying is that Hearts should be offering the opportunity to pay by both cash or card. They will be losing out on a fair bit of custom by not accepting card payments.

Hearts should push quicker contacts-less payments methods. It's far far quicker and would mean more people could get served. Not just at the bar but at the Kiosks during half time. 

So, other then paying for drinks, the bar sounded like a great success. Well done to Ann and Hearts.

I have never paid for a drink in my life by card, always cash. Different if in a restaurant but I find it hard to believe that people go into a pub without any cash. 

fabienleclerq
Just now, XB52 said:

I have never paid for a drink in my life by card, always cash. Different if in a restaurant but I find it hard to believe that people go into a pub without any cash. 

Its 2018! You can pay by card at market stalls, it's easy and faster. If there's not one in the new bar it seems a bit amateur.

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Its 2018! You can pay by card at market stalls, it's easy and faster. If there's not one in the new bar it seems a bit amateur.

Yes I am aware of that fact but everyone will have cash to pay for a pint. Anyway, it seems you could pay by card so not got a clue what the latest whinge is about

23 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I often pay for my first pint with card and ask for cash back for the rest. Give it a try... it saves a walk to the cashline. 

(Sorry off topic) 

20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Yes I am aware of that fact but everyone will have cash to pay for a pint. Anyway, it seems you could pay by card so not got a clue what the latest whinge is about

It seems some folk incorrectly got told it was cash only. Maybe it was to start with and someone went and got a card reader! Point being the club aren't very good at this whole communication thing... Just hope for the best.

Just stayed for one drink.

Did it keep decently busy till the end?

Decent enough range of drinks, very fairly priced and there did appear to be enough staff on although getting the initial drink in was slow probably down to the rush of a couple of hundred folk going in at once.  At Patrick Thistle (Aitken Suite?) and Motherwell (Cooper suite) before games starts of slow due staggered entrance as buses and folk turn up but massive queues and folks  buying double rounds in the lead up to the game.  Not sure what they are like after games.

Bit surprised Cardiff game not switched on.  Surely they can split the Tv's?  Good to see Naismith challenge on Brown though.  Not so our goal chalked off, Laffertys laughable marking of Boyata or Smith tracking Souttar  instead of staying with Dembele.

Other wee surprise was the choice of a couple of the programme prints on the wall.  I know our League Cup record is woeful but prints of front covers of losing semi finals against Motherwell and St. Mirren?

Not sure how often I'd use but hope it takes off.

Edited by DETTY29

Armageddon

Bars like this take time to establish themselves, habits need to change and some good experiences then draw people in there.  It's a great way to generate additional income that we've never had before.

132goals1958
18 hours ago, Gershwin said:

The queues to get in looked massive! How’s it been getting served?

When we saw the queue plan B to the Diggers was duly executed.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Me too but a lot of people don’t use cash these days, I work in a pub and as we don’t give cash back they either run a tab or use contactless. It’s still mainly cash but the younger generation use cards more often. Feels like the banks prefer folk to use cards as it’s easier for them and they can have less branches/staff.