JamboGraham

JamboGraham

I was looking at the record back to 2001 to see if I could spot any trends...my only real conclusion was....meh, we aren't very good away!!!

The listed manager is the one who had the most matches in the season...however, over this time period we have had 17 "permanent" managers!!!

One horrible stat is that this season alone it is likely that every other top 6 club will at least match our highest away points total since 2001 (31 points in 10/11).

5ae0c370c5208_AwayWins....jpg.9a33a48a55b8e5aa37d9757552f92b5e.jpg

Note 1 - 17/18 is after 34 matches.

Note 2 - Excludes the relegation (admin) season and 2nd tier season.

Captain Sausage

Another good post OP. 

Highlights how poor we’ve been away from home this season. Need a marked improvement (at least 50%) next season. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

Another good post OP. 

Highlights how poor we’ve been away from home this season. Need a marked improvement (at least 50%) next season. 

Certainly needs to improve plus less draws at home. 

Watched Craig on STV earlier he was fair proud of our home form rightly so

Felt a tad disappointed at the away form but in  no way did he take the slightest responsibility which scunners me a tad , the buck stops at yo Craig, for me he has to address    this  or he taken us far enough

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Felt a tad disappointed at the away form but in  no way did he take the slightest responsibility which scunners me a tad , the buck stops at yo Craig, for me he has to address    this  or he taken us far enough

Who else was he blaming?

Captain Sausage
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Certainly needs to improve plus less draws at home. 

Agree. But the struggle to adapt our game to other grounds is ridiculous. 

We turn into a shell of ourselves when we leave Tynie. I’m no Mourinho but it surely can’t be that difficult to just set us up the same home and away against the likes of County and Accies?!

Captain Canada

It's pretty dire reading. No surprise that JJ has the best record. I'd love another manager with his attacking outlook. 

We play anti-football, assisted at home by the narrow pitch and a crap surface; much more difficult to get away with on our travels.  

Saint Jambo

It is interesting reading. One more win and our away form will be pretty much bang average over that period. That is both deeply dispiriting and should come as a bit of reality check for those that think this is the worst Hearts team in 60 years.

Not sure why the relegation season is discounted? The 05/06 season is in there where our spending was off the scale. If that is going to be used for a comparison the season where our spending was unusually low should be too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Levein's N said:

We play anti-football, assisted at home by the narrow pitch and a crap surface; much more difficult to get away with on our travels.  

Scudding Saints Celts Dons and Partick was dire stuff

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Leveins done above average over the piece then. With far less cash than those who did better 

JamboGraham
25 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not sure why the relegation season is discounted? The 05/06 season is in there where our spending was off the scale. If that is going to be used for a comparison the season where our spending was unusually low should be too.

A fair point Saint Jambo, our record under Locke that season was W4 D5 L10 same as Laszlo 2009/10. Our league position though was 11th (removing the 15 point deduction).

In terms of our overall averages it doesn't move any of them.

Edit - apart from our average league position which moves to a solid 5th rather than a rounded up 5th.

Edited by JamboGraham
Clarification.

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No team has drawn more than we have at home; only two have won fewer games away.

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

A fair point Saint Jambo, our record under Locke that season was W4 D5 L10 same as Laszlo 2009/10. Our league position though was 11th (removing the 15 point deduction).

In terms of our overall averages it doesn't move any of them.

Edit - apart from our average league position which moves to a solid 5th rather than a rounded up 5th.

I was just talking about the relegation season earlier and about how we won as many games that season as this away from home. 

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, Levein's N said:

No team has drawn more than we have at home; only two have won fewer games away.

This season yes, but overall this will not be much different from almost half of our league campaigns over the past 15 or so seasons...

So a decade and a half of anti-football and helped by crap surfaces? The only consistent is the pitch dimensions.

Silvery_Moon
2 hours ago, houstonjambo said:

Agree. But the struggle to adapt our game to other grounds is ridiculous. 

We turn into a shell of ourselves when we leave Tynie. I’m no Mourinho but it surely can’t be that difficult to just set us up the same home and away against the likes of County and Accies?!

Those two grounds we have actually done OK at. 

JamboGraham
8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I was just talking about the relegation season earlier and about how we won as many games that season as this away from home. 

I actually really enjoyed a lot of that season...the work rate of the young players, the bond with the support despite everyone knowing what was coming...I think it was perhaps that the expectation level was set so low that everything good was recognised and celebrated with gusto...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Levein's N said:

Ignoring the improvement most of the poor draws through to early December. The last draw as a result of a poor penalty. 

Unbeaten at Tynecastle 4 goals conceded. Shite right enough 

Bazzas right boot

Reality check to those that think we should be scudding everyone all the time.

Cathro we also beat the same team twice ( think 2 wins were under Robbie), so we only owonat two away grounds that season- tragic stuff. Motherwell and I forget who else. Think it was Ross County.

16 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Cathro we also beat the same team twice ( think 2 wins were under Robbie), so we only owonat two away grounds that season- tragic stuff. Motherwell and I forget who else. Think it was Ross County.

Why is it a reality check?

You really have a weird view on away form.

Football is a constant challenge. Trying to improve all the time and not accepting what went before. 

As shown, and discussed between ourselves on another thread weeks ago, Hearts were always good for 6 to 9 away wins in a reasonable season. Unless you are an exceptional team,  you can't expect to win 14, 15 away matches. 

I expect a decent Hearts team to win 6 at a  minimum intertwined with good home form and you always allow for draws.

But our aim in this moment , of allegedly being in our best ever state financially and with a manager who's taking us places (allegedly) , we should be booting down doors and finding a new level where we almost win half of our at games quite regularly. 

Is that too much to ask?

Edited by Debut 4

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Why is it a reality check?

You really have a weird view on away form.

Football is a constant challenge. Trying to improve all the time and not accepting what went before. 

As shown, and discussed between ourselves on another thread weeks ago, Hearts were always good for 6 to 9 away wins in a reasonable season. Unless you are an exceptional team,  you can't expect to win 14, 15 away matches. 

I expect a decent Hearts team to win 6 at a  minimum intertwined with good home form and you always allow for draws.

But our aim in this moment , of allegedly being in our best ever state financially and with a manager who's taking us places (allegedly) , we should be booting down doors and finding a new level where we almost win half of our at games quite regularly. 

Is that too much to ask?

I agree, but it was never going to happen on the back of cathro.

I want us to win the UCL.

as I said, reality check

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

I was looking at the record back to 2001 to see if I could spot any trends...my only real conclusion was....meh, we aren't very good away!!!

The listed manager is the one who had the most matches in the season...however, over this time period we have had 17 "permanent" managers!!!

One horrible stat is that this season alone it is likely that every other top 6 club will at least match our highest away points total since 2001 (31 points in 10/11).

In theory, based on the above figures, Rix should be at the bottom (or rather top of this list). Over the course of that season we picked up 27 points away from home but 14 of those points were picked up in 6 games while Burley was in charge and before Rix had appeared (the two draws were away to Falkirk and Celtic).

JamboGraham
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

In theory, based on the above figures, Rix should be at the bottom (or rather top of this list). Over the course of that season we picked up 27 points away from home but 14 of those points were picked up in 6 games while Burley was in charge and before Rix had appeared (the two draws were away to Falkirk and Celtic).

To compare by individual manager performance would be interesting but a very different set of figures. The reason I applied the manager name was just to try and fix the time period in the mind.

shaun.lawson
7 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Yes. If there's a flaw with the list, it's that it doesn't break it down into individual managers' time at the club, and their records in terms of points per game. 

shaun.lawson

So if we lose our last two away games, it'll be one of our four worst campaigns on our travels in 18 years.

Splendid. 

JamboGraham
7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yes. If there's a flaw with the list, it's that it doesn't break it down into individual managers' time at the club, and their records in terms of points per game. 

It could be done as the info is all available on London Hearts...however, I would need to look each one up manually. There is obviously a much more suitable poster on this forum who could quickly put those numbers together...hopefully he will be along at some point...

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

It could be done as the info is all available on London Hearts...however, I would need to look each one up manually. There is obviously a much more suitable poster on this forum who could quickly put those numbers together...hopefully he will be along at some point...

:D Me and my big mouth. :vrface:

OK, I'll have a look in an hour or two and compile the stats. 

Our away form is quite frankly disgusting and nothing short of a complete embarrassment. No hiding from it. It’s a disgrace for a club our size.

our home form is pretty much excellent though. 

Therefore somethings rotten in denmark.  It better improve next season. We very very rarely ger 3 points on the road and there’s only so much leeway can be given. It’s almost a trademark for us and is unacceptable 

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

For a team that does so well at home to have such an appalling record away (never mind the shit performances) is unacceptable. Should we not be expexting to win the odd  game against the likes of Dundee or St Johnstone ? At least have a couple of shots on goal ? I was at Easter Road for both league games and I struggle to remember a shot on target 

Edited by 1971fozzy

siegementality
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

So four games out the season. You are easily pleased.

siegementality
2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Maybe people will have a reality check when you can actually remember who we beat. 

Still posting bollocks. 

I agree, but it was never going to happen on the back of cathro.

I want us to win the UCL.

as I said, reality check

yeah, still posting bollocks. You don't win football games unless you try to win. Levein has not tried to win.  I can't wait for Friday.  

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

So if we lose our last two away games, it'll be one of our four worst campaigns on our travels in 18 years.

Splendid. 

But at the same time if we won either of our last two we’d be almost on average. Its another you can utilise figures as you want to in order to suit your position. League wise weve lost what , Rangers , Celtic , Hibs , Rangers away since November. Yet weve had a poor season. 

Away fans numbers will drop significantly next season if this continues. You just know if we lose the first goal there’s not a hope we are going to win the game.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, siegementality said:

Maybe people will have a reality check when you can actually remember who we beat. 

maybe they will.

unlikely tho, some on here were calling this the worst Hearts team in 50 years. 

As I say, reality check. not even near it.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Still posting bollocks. 

you'll know all about posting bollocks.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

yeah, still posting bollocks. You don't win football games unless you try to win. Levein has not tried to win.  I can't wait for Friday.  

Yip, as I said.

king bollocks. 

Levein doesn't try to win football games....

:bolt:

scott herbertson
7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

:D Me and my big mouth. :vrface:

OK, I'll have a look in an hour or two and compile the stats. 

Lol , you do realise he’s probably not talking about you, Shaun.....

11 hours ago, jambo1961 said:

The club need to make a statement concerning this. The fans deserve to hear Levein taking person responsibility. For me, if he doesn't say sorry, and the club doesn't make a statement, then everyone should walk. 

That would make me feel a tad better. 

53 minutes ago, EH11 said:

The club need to make a statement concerning this. The fans deserve to hear Levein taking person responsibility. For me, if he doesn't say sorry, and the club doesn't make a statement, then everyone should walk. 

That would make me feel a tad better. 

:notsure:

Find it rather interesting though that Levein’s previous seasons in charge are up there with our best records away.

People would do well to remember that Levein inherited a squad built by others 2 days before the transfer window closed. In January, he did the right thing but not having a major renovation of the squad, instead opting to just add a couple of key positions.

Next season is when the real judgement can be made.

Just now, Locky said:

Find it rather interesting though that Levein’s previous seasons in charge are up there with our best records away.

People would do well to remember that Levein inherited a squad built by others 2 days before the transfer window closed. In January, he did the right thing but not having a major renovation of the squad, instead opting to just add a couple of key positions.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the surgery will need to be brutal again. Two of our three best players will likely move on, Mclaughlin and I reckon Soapt will go.

That said, I have confidence in Levein pulling a team together. He knows what needs fixing. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Locky said:

That's far too reasonable. You can't even fit that post on a banner and fly it behind a plane... Boooo

Francis Albert

Our home form is also IMO disappointing despite Levein apparently being "fair proud" of it and references to us doing so well at home in contrast to our away form. We have won fewer than half our home games this season and only three teams have scored fewer home goals. Levein seems to think a draw away is always a good result but that is only true if you consistently win your home games, which we have failed to do by a big margin.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, siegementality said:

So four games out the season. You are easily pleased.

Simply the highlights. Celtic don't win by huge amounts every week. 

:facepalm:

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

So our away record has been poor for years, other teams show it can be done and we should be looking at doing much better. Does anyone think our manager will change his tactics away from home or are we clinging to different fitter players applying them better?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Our home form is also IMO disappointing despite Levein apparently being "fair proud" of it and references to us doing so well at home in contrast to our away form. We have won fewer than half our home games this season and only three teams have scored fewer home goals. Levein seems to think a draw away is always a good result but that is only true if you consistently win your home games, which we have failed to do by a big margin.

Definitely but nobody ever draws all their away games or win all their home games. Realistically we are at best likely to win 12-14 home games and 8-10 away with maybe half the others draws. For instance Hibs have only lost 5 games this season but the Sheep&Huns have won more. I think it was the idea behind three points for a win to encourage teams to try and win games, our manager didn’t get that memo.