Hibs in for Ali Crawford

on&up2017

I think he’s a decent signing. Maybe a bit stale at least he hammer throwers and someone that I would be happy to take a punt on.

looks like they are definitely losing one or even both of their jewels though.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Escobar PHM

• Busby8

• Des Lynam

Top Posters In This Topic

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, on&up2017 said:

As it says! A good player, a goalscoring midfielder & proven at SPFL level. C'mon Levein, lets get some of that at least and better... 

I like Chris Erskine at Patrick Thistle, another proven player at this level.  There are so many more that we could get in on what appears to be another shoestring budget. I hope for better but this should be the lowest we aim for, surely!?!

He has one good game in ten, I don't remember him ever showing up against us at Tynie, and he's nowhere near tough enough for Big Fizzicul Hertz.

I say Hibs are welcome to him.

Fair play to Hibs. Probably Hamilton's best player and they are probably easy to deal with due the the fraud they allowed to happen...

We've been crying out for someone like Crawford for ages.

Hamilton's most creative player, available on a free, yet not a sniff from Hearts.

Hugely disappointing but not untypical of our current transfer strategy.

2 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Hamilton's most creative player, available on a free, yet not a sniff from Hearts.

How do you know Hearts are not interested? 

Hamiltons most creative player :lol: 

Crawford and for that matter Erskine have had very poor seasons in teams who are toiling. I don't see how they would improve our first team, really looking at a Chris Cadden calibre player in Scotland to do that but I don't think we have that kind of money.

56 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Ali Crawford is a snivelling, mutant looking little diving diva, who thinks that anyone who comes within a 5ft radius of him is committing a foul, whilst at the same time being a nasty piece of shit when it comes to tackling, deliberately going in to injure opponents.

He is an exceptionally limited footballer.  He'll be 27 this summer, and has never played for anyone other than Hamilton ****ing Accies, and hasn't even had a pube in the door of the Scotland set up, never mind a foot.

They are welcome to him.

:lol:

My thoughts exactly! 

28 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

How do you know Hearts are not interested? 

Hamiltons most creative player :lol: 

You'll never be a diplomat bud.

Ali Crawford has played 14 out of 34 league games with 1 goal this season, no idea if this is due to injury or performance but not a lot of football played.

The Old Tolbooth

If it makes you lot feel any better, a Hamilton fan that I know doesn't really rate him, says he's a lazy git and far too inconsistent, and reckoned he reminded him of Jamie Walker with his inconsistency, he has it in his locker to be good but his attitude isn't the best. 

9 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

You'll never be a diplomat bud.

No you’re right. 

Just getting tired of people having a pop at the club. 

9 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

Ali Crawford has played 14 out of 34 league games with 1 goal this season, no idea if this is due to injury or performance but not a lot of football played.

Really Stuart? 

Maybe they missed his creativity as they fell down the league? 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Hope we sign him if they really want him just to piss them off 

Would be better than having Martin 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

If it makes you lot feel any better, a Hamilton fan that I know doesn't really rate him, says he's a lazy git and far too inconsistent, and reckoned he reminded him of Jamie Walker with his inconsistency, he has it in his locker to be good but his attitude isn't the best. 

Sounds exactly like the sort of rough diamond we tend to go for. A relatively cheap option as well.

But i couldn;t confidently say whether he was any good or not as Hamilton games are usually like wrestling matches.

10 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Unfortunately, Lennon is the type of manager to get it out of him.  He won't tolerate any slackers.

gorgie rd eh11
15 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

The sort of stats that would be used to belittle any Hearts interest. But hibs are in for him so he must be great.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Yoda said:

Unfortunately, Lennon is the type of manager to get it out of him.  He won't tolerate any slackers.

Sadly, I think you're right. 

The people on this thread saying he is decent would be the same people saying he is rank if we had signed him , just sayin 

1 hour ago, Busby8 said:

:cornette:

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not bothered if there is or not. I wouldn't want any Hamilton players for Hearts.

Fear not, we’ll stick to our so far successful tactics of signing players from Raith and QoS instead.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Mike Tyson said:

Fear not, we’ll stick to our so far successful tactics of signing players from Raith and QoS instead.

Good. More chance of some upside.

11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

No you’re right. 

Just getting tired of people having a pop at the club. 

That's understandable.

I'm in the camp where we should be openly debating the merits of our transfer dealings without it being a slur on Hearts.

I genuinely can't say I've been that inspired so far, ( hope I'm completely wrong), so when someone like Crawford comes up, and there are indications that he may be going to our neighbours across the city, it seems like an opportunity lost.

My belief is that Crawford would be a real asset at Tynecastle.

Great first touch and always looking to play the ball forward, something many of our current midfield players aren't doing consistently enough.

Sure, he comes with baggage, but we've handled players with a past before and got the best out of them. 

Bear in mind too, he's been on the market for offers since January, and the way we conduct our transfer business, I'm sure there would have been something in the media before now if we'd been interested in him.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Who have we recently signed from QoS?

11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The people on this thread saying he is decent would be the same people saying he is rank if we had signed him , just sayin 

I’ve hoped we go in for him for a good few years but haven’t.  The boys at an age now where it isn’t potential anymore though and I don’t think he’s good enough but might perhaps rise a level with better players.  Docherty was a lot of better of the two and he’s not exactly set the fire alight at huns. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who have we recently signed from QoS?

I'm guessing Tyson was referring to our apparent interest in the QOS winger Lyndon Dykes. ?

davemclaren
Just now, Juanjo15 said:

Reilly. 

Ah, 3 years ago. He was seen as a decent capture along with the guy Hibs signed, whose name I have forgotten. It didn’t work out for him but very few criticised at the time. 

davemclaren
Just now, Busby8 said:

I'm guessing Tyson was referring to our apparent interest in the QOS winger Lyndon Dykes. ?

I thought that as well but apparently not. 

2 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Good player but massive downgrade on McGeoch.

Definitely, the general reviews from Hamilton fans is that he can be good but is very inconsistent.

loveofthegame

Proven SPL player, sticks out like a sore thumb as a talented player in a really poor side, exactly the type of player we should be going for.

Instead we are after some untested, untried youngster from ICT's bench.

I really don't understand Levein's mindset.

JamboGraham

Hugely and frustratingly inconsistent (source season ticket holder at Hamilton...)

Raises his game against Hearts every time due to personal bitterness. (So will fit in perfectly at Hibs).

9 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

That's understandable.

I'm in the camp where we should be openly debating the merits of our transfer dealings without it being a slur on Hearts.

I genuinely can't say I've been that inspired so far, ( hope I'm completely wrong), so when someone like Crawford comes up, and there are indications that he may be going to our neighbours across the city, it seems like an opportunity lost.

My belief is that Crawford would be a real asset at Tynecastle.

Great first touch and always looking to play the ball forward, something many of our current midfield players aren't doing consistently enough.

Sure, he comes with baggage, but we've handled players with a past before and got the best out of them. 

Bear in mind too, he's been on the market for offers since January, and the way we conduct our transfer business, I'm sure there would have been something in the media before now if we'd been interested in him.

Of course we should debate openly and maybe I can be a bit abrasive. 

I don’t think Maclean is good signing and I’d say the same about Crawford. He’s barely played in an awful Hamilton side. Anytime I’ve seen him play he’s never stood out.   

But it’s all about opinions. 

We do need some signings to give the place a buzz. 

3 hours ago, on&up2017 said:

As it says! A good player, a goalscoring midfielder & proven at SPFL level. C'mon Levein, lets get some of that at least and better... 

I like Chris Erskine at Patrick Thistle, another proven player at this level.  There are so many more that we could get in on what appears to be another shoestring budget. I hope for better but this should be the lowest we aim for, surely!?!

I’d take shalke at Ross county. Could be cheap if they go down too. 

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ah, 3 years ago. He was seen as a decent capture along with the guy Hibs signed, whose name I have forgotten. It didn’t work out for him but very few criticised at the time. 

Im not saying otherwise mate.  You asked the question.  I was happy when he signed.  

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Im not saying otherwise mate.  You asked the question.  I was happy when he signed.  

?

34 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Of course we should debate openly and maybe I can be a bit abrasive. 

I don’t think Maclean is good signing and I’d say the same about Crawford. He’s barely played in an awful Hamilton side. Anytime I’ve seen him play he’s never stood out.   

But it’s all about opinions. 

We do need some signings to give the place a buzz. 

I can honestly say I've never even noticed McLean when he has played against us. 

As for Crawford, I think he was injured for a fair whack of this season, ( I've not double checked), which might explain his lack of appearances.

I've always thought he was a stand out. Then again, I've always rated him so have perhaps watched him more closely than other Hamilton players.

Fully agree about needing players to re-ignite the support.

Early days yet so I'm hopeful of a few coming in that will galvanise the fans, but unfortunately the calibre of our recent signings have had a bit of a marmite effect on most of us.

The idea of us being in for Craword, if it came to that, would probably be similar going by some of the opinions on here.

Edited by Busby8

Yip absolutely what we need that one single goal he's scored this season definitely puts him right up there with this summers must have goal scoring midfielder.  

2 hours ago, Beats said:

Not fussed for Crawford but Templeton is a player we should be going after 

Yup.

maroonnicky63

I think you will find Ali Crawford is a wee bit like Jason Cummings in the sense that Hearts released him and he has had  a bee in his bonnet about it ever since ,he unfortunately for some on here who would like to sign him he has no time for Hearts at all and if it came to either us or hibs he would choose hibs.

I must be honest I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if a player doesn't want to come to us stuff them.

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, on&up2017 said:

I’d rather take a gamble on players like the Cambridge bloke than stretch the budget on players like Erskine. He’s a known quantity that says “we’re happy with third.”