Hibs in for Ali Crawford

on&up2017

9 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I think you will find Ali Crawford is a wee bit like Jason Cummings in the sense that Hearts released him and he has had  a bee in his bonnet about it ever since ,he unfortunately for some on here who would like to sign him he has no time for Hearts at all and if it came to either us or hibs he would choose hibs.

I must be honest I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if a player doesn't want to come to us stuff them.

That's a fairly well known story about Crawford and may well influence his thinking should he ever have this choice.

You'd like to think though that he would realise that there has been a huge regime change here since he got emptied ?

The Hearts that he may perceive to have treated him unfairly before are not the same Hearts now.

Personally doubt that it would make a difference to the way he views us, but that shouldn't be the reason for not trying, that's if we wanted him of course.

I just don't think Levein, like many on here, see him as a Hearts player.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Escobar PHM

• Busby8

• Des Lynam

Top Posters In This Topic

Tynecastlesmychurch
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

They are welcome to him.

Bet he scores against us next season tho! 

alwaysthereinspirit
4 hours ago, on&up2017 said:

As it says! A good player, a goalscoring midfielder & proven at SPFL level. C'mon Levein, lets get some of that at least and better... 

I like Chris Erskine at Patrick Thistle, another proven player at this level.  There are so many more that we could get in on what appears to be another shoestring budget. I hope for better but this should be the lowest we aim for, surely!?!

I'm not doing this. I'm out.

Enzo Chiefo
36 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

That's a fairly well known story about Crawford and may well influence his thinking should he ever have this choice.

You'd like to think though that he would realise that there has been a huge regime change here since he got emptied ?

The Hearts that he may perceive to have treated him unfairly before are not the same Hearts now.

Personally doubt that it would make a difference to the way he views us, but that shouldn't be the reason for not trying, that's if we wanted him of course.

I just don't think Levein, like many on here, see him as a Hearts player.

That to me is part of the problem.  The type of player Levein rates and the type of player we need, to compete in this league, are entirely different.  He favours a big awkward target man, mobility not particularly important, and defensive type midfielders. We need an influx of mobile, pacy players that have the ability to beat their man. We are also lacking a niggly, aggressive, gallus type of midfielder in the John McGinn, Scott Brown mould whereas CL seems to prioritise identikt academy types who have had all the right values instilled and will fit into a club style of play. There seems to be very little room for a player to express himself and have the freedom to do something out with the system laid out. Milinkovic is that type  of player but appears to have had his wings clipped to an extent. It's at the root of our problems imo. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He's overrated and not as good as the two they have already, but he's a perfect fit for Lennon imo. He'll get him playing well and being fully committed. 

Hibs are going about their business well right now tbf. Trying to match what they lose as best they can. A signing that makes perfect sense.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Highlights clip player. Does some very good things occasionally but not at the level to improve us. Squad player be it at Easter Road or any other top 6 club this season 

The boy is a total myth, been hearing folk talk him up for years yet he never seems to do **** all, Dougie Imrie is more effective ffs

MikeySimpson

Funny how the same posters calling Crawford "overrated" and "not a patch on McGinn or McGeouch" were only a season ago calling McGinn and McGeouch "shite and overrated". Seems to be a real habit of constantly moving the goalposts on here to suit a narrative

51 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That to me is part of the problem.  The type of player Levein rates and the type of player we need, to compete in this league, are entirely different.  He favours a big awkward target man, mobility not particularly important, and defensive type midfielders. We need an influx of mobile, pacy players that have the ability to beat their man. We are also lacking a niggly, aggressive, gallus type of midfielder in the John McGinn, Scott Brown mould whereas CL seems to prioritise identikt academy types who have had all the right values instilled and will fit into a club style of play. There seems to be very little room for a player to express himself and have the freedom to do something out with the system laid out. Milinkovic is that type  of player but appears to have had his wings clipped to an extent. It's at the root of our problems imo. 

Fair points.

Unknown user
24 minutes ago, MikeySimpson said:

Funny how the same posters calling Crawford "overrated" and "not a patch on McGinn or McGeouch" were only a season ago calling McGinn and McGeouch "shite and overrated". Seems to be a real habit of constantly moving the goalposts on here to suit a narrative

You keep track of who said what a year ago? I'm impressed! :)

I don't think McGinn and mcgeough are over rated, I think they're good players that would both improve us, thought the same a year ago. I also think Crawford is over rated, often utterly anonymous in games I've seen.

To the guy above who says Levein prefers defensive type midfielders, that just isn't true, and it makes me wonder about people's analysis.

He's the guy who pulled Hartley's game together, we could actually see before and after Levein's influence with our own eyes! He also doesn't fancy a quarterback type like Martin, signing an aggressive, pacy, niggly Adao instead. 

Edited by Smithee

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You keep track of who said what a year ago? I'm impressed! :)

I don't think McGinn and mcgeough are over rated, I think they're good players that would both improve us, thought the same a year ago. I also think Crawford is over rated, often utterly anonymous in games I've seen.

To the guy above who says Levein prefers defensive type midfielders, that just isn't true, and it makes me wonder about people's analysis.

He's the guy who pulled Hartley's game together, we could actually see before and after Levein's influence with our own eyes! He also doesn't fancy a quarterback type like Martin, signing an aggressive, pacy, niggly Adao instead. 

Not disagreeing overall but I think you've given CL too much credit for Hartley's improvement. Billy Stark moved him in from the wing and he was then nominated for First Division player of the year. Even when we signed him it was regarded as a great bit of business, not at all a 'project'. Hartley definitely got better here though, no doubt. You're right though, Levein did sign him as a dynamic attacking midfielder. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Not disagreeing overall but I think you've given CL too much credit for Hartley's improvement. Billy Stark moved him in from the wing and he was then nominated for First Division player of the year. Even when we signed him it was regarded as a great bit of business, not at all a 'project'. Hartley definitely got better here though, no doubt. You're right though, Levein did sign him as a dynamic attacking midfielder. 

He'd already been turned into a central midfielder but he only became the all action buzzbomb he was after being dropped and getting a foot up the arse off Levein, they've both said it - Levein brought the attributes we're talking about out of him

ford donald
1 hour ago, MikeySimpson said:

Exactly.Never understood people saying a player is rubbish,just because he is wearing your rivals shirt! Wish we had some of those so called shit players at tynecastle.

He will not sign for us after his experience with us as a youngster

Frankly he'd need to do a 100% turn around to play for us again

SectionDJambo

We can't sign every player who another rival is rumoured to be going for. This looks like it's going to be a long transfer window of people panicking, every time a player signs for some other SPL club.

Having said that, this is the last chance that Hearts have to get the summer recruitment done properly, before the fans start to drift away in numbers. Other clubs have done much better business than us in recent years.

Maybe we should flip what has happened in the past, and go after every player Hibs are interested in. Maybe they're after Crawford because we have offered him a contract.

portobellojambo1
8 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Interesting where he would fit in with them. Being honest its not their weakest area of the park 

I've heard stories that McGeouch (if that's how you spell it) could be leaving, and I'm guessing they are also preparing for the possibility of John McGinn leaving, although in all honesty I still don't think he is as good as some seem to think.

9 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Thing is we cant all lose our shit in April. Its who we sign not when.

The three we’ve made are bland but doesnt mean they wont play a part. By end July we may have made a couple of Berra/Lafferty profile signings too.

I dont want us to make signings to sell season tickets, i want a balanced squad with a bit of depth which we havent had for a long time.

The signings are very bland and uninspiring. 

Are we not looking to be ambitious, competitive and forward thinking? Maybe the part these three signings will play will be like playing with a man or three down every game!

I want Hearts to succeed and be a competitive football club both at home and abroad. These three signings (and this is in my subjective humble opinion) do not inspire much confidence to be honest! 

I also understand that the season has not even finished yet and there are still months to go until the start of the next season but with 7-10 players arriving - one third that will be arriving are a 'gamble', 'can't run' and can't get a game in the Scottish first division. 

I'm annoyed because I want Hearts to do well, that's all!

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've heard stories that McGeouch (if that's how you spell it) could be leaving, and I'm guessing they are also preparing for the possibility of John McGinn leaving, although in all honesty I still don't think he is as good as some seem to think.

I think there is a good chance both will be away. McGeouch is out of contract in the summer and McGinn is out of contract next year. If McGinn doesn’t sign a new deal in the next couple of months Hibs (board) will be desperate to sell him rather than let him leave on a free.

On topic I don’t rate Crawford, he will be 27 at the start of next season and has never attracted any bids from bigger Scottish teams or English Championship teams.

Captain Canada

Crawford is not a player I'd be looking to sign. I can't say he's ever really stood out for me in a really poor Hamilton team. 

Crawford is a cheap replacement for Mcgeouch plain and simple.

Lennon has also been talking about finances recently(backed up the the evening hobo) 

I will repeat my point on several other hobo related threads. Hibs are on the down the team that Lennon inherited are either leaving or aging. They have also been running at a loss(cheating if you believe their own rhetoric) 

It won't be long until natural order resumes for real. 

6 hours ago, BigAlim said:

The boy is a total myth, been hearing folk talk him up for years yet he never seems to do **** all, Dougie Imrie is more effective ffs

:spoton:

6 hours ago, MikeySimpson said:

This time next year folk will be lambasting Levein either-

for not picking Crawford up, phrases such as "known quantity" "within our reach" "tidy player" "missed opportunity" 

Or alternatively for signing him, phrases such as "uninspiring" "cheap option" "catastrophic signing" "shreeee year deal" 

Crawford normally sets up more for Hamilton than Imrie. I wouldn't take either though - Crawford has been injured a lot this season (probably why Hamilton have struggled so much) and Imrie usually gets booked practically every week (strangely less yellows than usual this season).

I do rate Crawford but I have a feeling he's not going to shake off this injury that well. I don't care if he goes to the Leith shite although he does tend to raise his game when he plays against us.

The only good Hamilton player in my book is Templeton and I would be very happy if he returned.

5 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

McGinn has said it will take an exceptional offer for him to leave the Giro.  That's code for c'mon Brendan I want to play for the parent club.

McGeouch doeasnt care where he goes as long as he gets away.

3 hours ago, Rents said:

Crawford is a cheap replacement for Mcgeouch plain and simple.

Lennon has also been talking about finances recently(backed up the the evening hobo) 

I will repeat my point on several other hobo related threads. Hibs are on the down the team that Lennon inherited are either leaving or aging. They have also been running at a loss(cheating if you believe their own rhetoric) 

It won't be long until natural order resumes for real. 

Crawford is a totally different type of midfielder than mcgeouch so I'm baffled why you think he's a replacement for him or dare I say I it and say that your kinda hoping that mcgeouch is definitely leaving hibs and the ginger accie is the best they can bring in??? 

Let's all be honest here hibs are ****n miles ahead of us right now and I mean miles and could well end up 20 plus points in front of us come the end of the season yet they are shite the bubble will burst etc etc there's even some arseholes on here reckon that being good looking takes precident over fitbaw ability and think that because the boy mcginn is an ugly ******* (mutant) seems the in word that makes him useless and overrated and above all not good enough for hearts 

They ***** no he's ugly but do you think they give a ****?? They are laughing there arses off at us right now and the laddie Crawford would be a good addition to any half decent side in spl and just cos hibs are interested doesn't mean **** all in relation to mcgeouch or mcginn staying or going with hibs and for what it's worth I reckon if they finish second that extra few quid along with the feel good factor being generated just could be enough for (BANJO BOY)and mcgeouch and Scott Alan along with the two front men they brought in one which a price has been agreed to all sign up for at least another season 

But hey they are ugly ***** would rather have good looking posers playing at tynecastle with a manager stuck in yesteryear signing players who Google no **** all about 

Ps and they are on the way down??!!!! 

Edited by Gazbo

Bazzas right boot

hibs will end up with Crawford and Allan in midfield next season. 

not bad, but a down grade on this season.

I'd even expect Djoum and Adao to mess them about tbh.

Crawford is ok, but if we're serious about building something special we need better.

Crawford is /could be a key player in a top 4/5 side.

You won't, imo be getting near or keeping pace with Aberdeen/ rangers  with him as a key player.

by june/ July we'll have better players, and I already think Djoum is better and I think Adao will be too, although we need more than just them.

Crawford is like Paul mcginn, but younger.

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

7 hours ago, Gazbo said:

Crawford is a totally different type of midfielder than mcgeouch so I'm baffled why you think he's a replacement for him or dare I say I it and say that your kinda hoping that mcgeouch is definitely leaving hibs and the ginger accie is the best they can bring in??? 

Let's all be honest here hibs are ****n miles ahead of us right now and I mean miles and could well end up 20 plus points in front of us come the end of the season yet they are shite the bubble will burst etc etc there's even some arseholes on here reckon that being good looking takes precident over fitbaw ability and think that because the boy mcginn is an ugly ******* (mutant) seems the in word that makes him useless and overrated and above all not good enough for hearts 

They ***** no he's ugly but do you think they give a ****?? They are laughing there arses off at us right now and the laddie Crawford would be a good addition to any half decent side in spl and just cos hibs are interested doesn't mean **** all in relation to mcgeouch or mcginn staying or going with hibs and for what it's worth I reckon if they finish second that extra few quid along with the feel good factor being generated just could be enough for (BANJO BOY)and mcgeouch and Scott Alan along with the two front men they brought in one which a price has been agreed to all sign up for at least another season 

But hey they are ugly ***** would rather have good looking posers playing at tynecastle with a manager stuck in yesteryear signing players who Google no **** all about 

Just what we need, another hobo posting on jkb. Can you and your wee mates not just find one thread where you can all congratulate yourself in your mastery of the undercover world?

Harry Potter
21 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Levein doesn't like midfielfers and sadly we need to accept it.

Prefer midfielders maself.

7 hours ago, Gazbo said:

Spot on. Crawford wouldn’t fit in as he’s a tricky footballer and a bit of a Maverick. Not a lump. We’re miles behind Hibs and the current and rumoured signings aren’t getting us closer. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
9 hours ago, Gazbo said:

Quite the angry rant. 

gorgie rd eh11

"miles behind"  is when you're in a lower division.

A couple of places in the same division is not "miles".

Just now, Dazo said:

Will be announced after Utd’s involvement in the play offs. 

Good-oh. I only remembered quite fleeting glimpses of him before, but I’ve been watching games and highlights involving him recently and I really like his style.

13 hours ago, Gazbo said:

wow 

So many points to address but I will look you out the end of next season and go over these again.

One point I will pick up on is there is no way you lot will finish second. We will beat you at tynie to put an end to that dream. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-transfer-plans-would-be-boosted-by-second-place-cash-1-4728642 

Edited by Rents