Hibs in for Ali Crawford

on&up2017

As it says! A good player, a goalscoring midfielder & proven at SPFL level. C'mon Levein, lets get some of that at least and better... 

I like Chris Erskine at Patrick Thistle, another proven player at this level.  There are so many more that we could get in on what appears to be another shoestring budget. I hope for better but this should be the lowest we aim for, surely!?!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Escobar PHM

• Busby8

• Des Lynam

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, on&up2017 said:

As it says! A good player, a goalscoring midfielder & proven at SPFL level. C'mon Levein, lets get some of that at least and better... 

I like Chris Erskine at Patrick Thistle, another proven player at this level.  There are so many more that we could get in on what appears to be another shoestring budget. I hope for better but this should be the lowest we aim for, surely!?!

Scott Fraser I hope. 

5 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

I actually agree.

I know some have said that it is good to get squad players in, but a 35 year old striker who 'can't run', a 'gamble' from Cambridge and a guy from ICT who can't get a game - If we are to be pushing for 2nd and Europe next season we surely have to be looking for better, even at squad level. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

1 minute ago, Mr Kipling said:

I actually agree.

I know some have said that it is good to get squad players in, but a 35 year old striker who 'can't run', a 'gamble' from Cambridge and a guy from ICT who can't get a game - If we are to be pushing for 2nd and Europe next season we surely have to be looking for better, even at squad level. 

Thing is we cant all lose our shit in April. Its who we sign not when.

The three we’ve made are bland but doesnt mean they wont play a part. By end July we may have made a couple of Berra/Lafferty profile signings too.

I dont want us to make signings to sell season tickets, i want a balanced squad with a bit of depth which we havent had for a long time.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Cue a load of posts saying he's shite anyway.

Not bothered if there is or not. I wouldn't want any Hamilton players for Hearts.

ford donald
13 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

Type of player we should be after,sadly not..

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not bothered if there is or not. I wouldn't want any Hamilton players for Hearts.

You wouldn't have taken McCarthy or McArthur then ?

3fingersreid
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I take it that's only from their current team and not a case of never signing Hamilton players ? McArthur and Mcarthy weren't too shabby .

*beaten by Escobar 

Edited by 3fingersreid

Mars plastic
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Indeed, I'd rather we sign Douglas Bader from St. Johnstone. Oh wait....

14 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Some sections of our fanbase just aren't rational enough to support a player like him. Obviously however I couldny give 2 ..... and wouldve gladly taken him

gorgie rd eh11
22 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Cue a load of posts saying he's shite anyway.

Cue a load of posts claiming he's the ginger messi.

Clerry Jambo
31 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

They are welcome to him.

Agree with Geoff on this one, another player who has been around for a while and has he really kicked on?

Hibs potentially losing McGinn and Dylan so no surprise they're looking at him

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Some sections of our fanbase just aren't rational enough to support a player like him. Obviously however I couldny give 2 ..... and wouldve gladly taken him

I'm not even aware of what issue there might be by any section of the fan base over us signing someone like McCarthy. I'm going to assume its related to something non football though

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Cue a load of posts claiming he's the ginger messi.

He's neither shite nor is he Messi. He's a decent midfield player  who always tends to show up well any time Ive watched Hamilton and we're woefully short of decent midfield players.

Edited by Escobar PHM

35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

They are welcome to him.

Heard the same when they signed McGinn...

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm not even aware of what issue there might be by any section of the fan base over us signing someone like McCarthy. I'm going to assume its related to something non football though

Scottish born, chose to play for Republic of Ireland instead

Escobar PHM
Just now, Thommo414 said:

Scottish born, chose to play for Republic of Ireland instead

Oh well....Burn him at the stake.

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ha! I was referring to CURRENT players.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Oh well....Burn him at the stake.

Meh I couldn't care who he plays for, it's not us. Like I say though, would i have been against having him here? Not at all

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ha! I was referring to CURRENT players.

So you wouldn't take Templeton then ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Indeed, I'd rather we sign Douglas Bader from St. Johnstone. Oh wait....

Badoom tish!

Didn't see you at the Melbourne Comedy Festival. Surprising.

37 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Thing is we cant all lose our shit in April. Its who we sign not when.

The three we’ve made are bland but doesnt mean they wont play a part. By end July we may have made a couple of Berra/Lafferty profile signings too.

I dont want us to make signings to sell season tickets, i want a balanced squad with a bit of depth which we havent had for a long time.

You must be chuffed then mate

Escobar PHM
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No.

It would be nice if we're aiming a lot higher than either Templeton or Crawford, but alas I think that's exactly where we're scouring about for cheap punts, couldbes, mightbes and wannabes

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Hibs need to sign another ugly mutant to replace McGinn and Crawford fits that bill, also overated, they are welcome.

Yep, meanwhile back at the Gorgie home for retiring footballers an Inverness reserve player is high on the shopping list it seems

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

It would be nice if we're aiming a lot higher than either Templeton or Crawford, but alas I think that's exactly where we're scouring about for cheap punts, couldbes, mightbes and wannabes

So you don't think Templeton is good enough either. Glad we agree.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yep, meanwhile back at the Gorgie home for retiring footballers an Inverness reserve player is high on the shopping list it seems

Retirement at 22 is a bit premature.

Escobar PHM
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So you don't think Templeton is good enough either. Glad we agree.

I wouldn't be thrilled to my socks if we signed him no. Weve had his best years IMO.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wouldn't be thrilled to my socks if we signed him no. Weve had his best years IMO.

Exactly.

And your "gotcha" attempt failed miserably.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Retirement at 22 is a bit premature.

I was talking about Mclean obviously. Add him to the likes of Wallace, Adam, Miller, Mcgregor etc ad infinitum that folk seem to have their heart set on and we'll need to employ a nurse not a fitness coach

48 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Interesting where he would fit in with them. Being honest its not their weakest area of the park 

Probably suggests there losing a couple of players in midfield 

Escobar PHM
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Exactly.

And your "gotcha" attempt failed miserably.

That's a wee bit paranoid. I was merely trying to establish the level you think we should be and are looking at if its not Hamilton or below.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was talking about Mclean obviously. Add him to the likes of Wallace, Adam, Miller, Mcgregor etc ad infinitum that folk seem to have their heart set on and we'll need to employ a nurse not a fitness coach

Obviously, while making a reference to someone else!

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's a wee bit paranoid. I was merely trying to establish the level you think we should be and are looking at if its not Hamilton or below.

Of course you were. That's why you brought up a couple of Hamilton players from a decade ago....

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Obviously, while making a reference to someone else!

Looking for a fight Geoff ? Just PM me and stop boring the arse off people with petty squabbling

Edited by Escobar PHM

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Looking for a fight Geoff ? Just PM me and stop boring the arse off people with petty squabbling

Maybe you could stop boring the arse off people by taking a shot at the club over a player you don't even want!

26 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yet you are shouting about the merits of signing players from a club that probably will get relegated. 

Mental 

Ali Crawford is a snivelling, mutant looking little diving diva, who thinks that anyone who comes within a 5ft radius of him is committing a foul, whilst at the same time being a nasty piece of shit when it comes to tackling, deliberately going in to injure opponents.

He is an exceptionally limited footballer.  He'll be 27 this summer, and has never played for anyone other than Hamilton ****ing Accies, and hasn't even had a pube in the door of the Scotland set up, never mind a foot.

They are welcome to him.