Hibs cutting Rangers allocation making headline news

chester copperpot

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The second Edinburgh club to do so. Not news at all.

I wonder why they didn't do it last weekend? Oh wait they were playing their bezzies!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Juanjo15

• Ron Burgundy

• gjcc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Statement reads like it was written by someone whose first language isn't English. Bizarre really from rangers

Correct, ex journalist (:rofl:), Jim Traynor.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

???????? that Rangers statement reads like it was written by that fat bloke, “the big hoose must stay open!” 

Hibs are WELL within their rights considering the shite away corner at ibrox and good on them. 

half-right, see above.

If it was Big Hoose, must have used a ouija board.or should that read weegie board :eek:

Edited by Tommy Brown

Was reading the thread with no intentions of replying, such was my degree of 'meh' towards this 'news'........... till I saw that statement.

Full on cornette worthiness for that. Unreal.

:cornette: 

8 hours ago, gjcc said:

Do Rangers not give other teams the minimum allocation anyway?

Not sure they worry too much about away fan safety either. 

Ron Burgundy

The statement reads like a bairn who's just had their lollipop taken off them.

I do however hope that the huns absolutely smash the vermin filth into oblivion.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Mr Traynor is an illiterate, grumpy old arse. Standard fare for the west coast journalists' fraternity.

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

Mars plastic
3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I do however hope that the huns absolutely smash the vermin filth into oblivion.

Can't find anything at fault with this post.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rangers. 

A club beyond parody, scrambling desperately against the tide to regain its former "status "

Nucky Thompson

I hope Hibs get fecked in their next 3 games and are already confirmed 4th when the game comes around.

The Treasurer

You have to ask, would this even rate a mention in the media if they were cutting the allocation for the sheep, Killie or even us.

As for that statement from the tribute act, where do you start.

Firstly it sounds like a threat (we'll remember this in future matches).

Their dilluded belief that they have single handedly "saved" Scottish football by being kind enough to fill away grounds for wee diddy clubs

Their sense of entitlement that they should be given whatever allocation they want.

Although the question does have to be asked why did h1b5 not do this last week when playing their parent club ?

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder why they didn't do it last weekend? Oh wait they were playing their bezzies!!

Good point

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

People sometimes question why I hate Rangers more than Celtic.

The huns take scummery to new levels.

Hate's a strong word, but I can't argue with the sentiment

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Their pathetic sense of entitlement is astounding, even by their standards. Have they forgotten they don’t give a toss about the safety of away fans at I’mbroke and only give away clubs 900 tickets anyway. 

Who are these Club1872 twats anyway - do they carry any authority there or are they just another bunch of knuckle draggers with their heads stuck up their arse?

I suppose they have a point though - once Hibs go back to their usual pish they’ll be begging them to fill the away stand again.

Edit, just noticed it was a club statement not Club 1872. So who is the keyboard hardman making the threats then?  That club has no class from top to bottom. 

Nothing more needed said, sums that lot up perfectly.

54 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Meanwhile there will be some within our own support who will be labelling a Hibs victory as a 'pleasing outcome' again no doubt.

queensferryjambo
13 hours ago, luckydug said:

This is a bit surprising considering there was loads of empty seats in the home stands last Sunday against Celtic.

Must have printed extra free tickets.:lol:

Think it would be because Hibs and Celtic fans cannot face seeing one of their favourites teams lose ;)

Even if Hibs don't sell out the extra tickets it's still a good idea to dilute the Rangers support.

It's an important game so make full use of home advantage to get an extra edge.

As for safety just keep the Rangers fans back until the rest of the stadium is clear.

I know of two other clubs who do this on a regular basis. :happy:

I like to think we would do the same in similar circumstances even with the new capacity.

The Internet

That statement is outstanding. It's like they've let their equivalent of buzzbomb write their official comms. 

2 hours ago, Erik said:

Was reading the thread with no intentions of replying, such was my degree of 'meh' towards this 'news'........... till I saw that statement.

Full on cornette worthiness for that. Unreal.

:cornette: 

Honestly thought it was a satirical piece until I realised who posted it and double checked the website. Incredible that they've come out with that. FTR

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

You have to ask, would this even rate a mention in the media if they were cutting the allocation for the sheep, Killie or even us.

As for that statement from the tribute act, where do you start.

Firstly it sounds like a threat (we'll remember this in future matches).

Their dilluded belief that they have single handedly "saved" Scottish football by being kind enough to fill away grounds for wee diddy clubs

Their sense of entitlement that they should be given whatever allocation they want.

Although the question does have to be asked why did h1b5 not do this last week when playing their parent club ?

They had more time to sell tickets and see if they'd sell enough to fill. 

The Internet
3 minutes ago, Chaps said:

EEACD43A-D0A2-434F-A991-158FC48AA137.gif

:pray:

Potential for more though imo. The full McMahon gif could have been utilised there. 

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Statement o'clock

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-87/

RANGERS notes Hibernian’s decision to cut our supporters’ ticket allocation for the final match of the Scottish Premiership season at Easter Road on Saturday, May 13.

First and foremost Rangers hopes the safety of our fans, who will now be in only one section of the South Stand rather than filling it completely, will not be compromised by this decision, which beggars belief.

This is the least Rangers expects for supporters who have repeatedly proven themselves to be the most loyal in the country by selling out away ticketing allocations at opposition stadiums for years.

This was evident as we rose through the divisions when clubs the length and breadth of the country, including Hibernian, benefitted financially from the presence of our fans.

Rangers will of course bear in mind Hibernian’s decision when considering ticketing arrangements for future matches – both home and away – against this particular club.

That's like an email you compose to your boss - and then count to 10 before deleting it and writing something a bit more sensible.

Still, if it winds up the huns, and then impacts negatively on hibs further down the line...it's a win-win.

1 hour ago, Erik said:

Meanwhile there will be some within our own support who will be labelling a Hibs victory as a 'pleasing outcome' again no doubt.

If hibs beating them meant the huns lost out on Europe then I for one would be pleased. I detest that club and their fans with a passion; their whole existence built on bigotry, supported by the smsm, so no other team comes close. 

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

If hibs beating them meant the huns lost out on Europe then I for one would be pleased. I detest that club and their fans with a passion; their whole existence built on bigotry, supported by the smsm, so no other team comes close. 

If it means Hibs got into Europe and received more league cash then nah. We realistically compete financially outside of the OF. Regardless of Rangers dodgy finances they will always have more. Hibs on the other hand will be able to use the cash to strengthen their squad. 

Ron Burgundy
44 minutes ago, XB52 said:

So you would rather our closest rivals had more cash.

Some of our support are soft in the head.

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That statement is outstanding. It's like they've let their equivalent of buzzbomb write their official comms. 

Yep especially if buzzbomb has been tanning meths for 5 years

Get ra berrs worked up about being denied tickets for a game they probably would even want to go to and get them to overlook the fact their de facto chairman was at Anfield last night (when he shunned the last "OF" game) and their club is in total meltdown on and off the pitch.  

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Agreed. Folks on here so anal about Hibs it's unreal. Forgetting  the "we don't measure our success against how we do against Hibs, Hibs are not our competitor, Hibs are crap, Hibs are over rated " type chat.  **** Sevco and all who sail in her .  If Hibs do get into Europe , so what ?  There's always plenty of posters saying how shit they are so they shouldn't last long on their travels around E Europe. 

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I hope Hibs get fecked in their next 3 games and are already confirmed 4th when the game comes around.

Surely everyone on here does? 

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Agreed. Folks on here so anal about Hibs it's unreal. Forgetting  the "we don't measure our success against how we do against Hibs, Hibs are not our competitor, Hibs are crap, Hibs are over rated " type chat.  **** Sevco and all who sail in her .  If Hibs do get into Europe , so what ?  There's always plenty of posters saying how shit they are so they shouldn't last long on their travels around E Europe. 

I don’t want hibs celebrating **** all ever.  I don’t want them making the ££ they make from finishing second or third nor read about the romantic pish in the paper all the time either.  Hibs to get pumped as much and make as little as much as possible all the time.

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Surely everyone on here does? 

No, no they don't.

Some get all warm and fuzzy at the thought of the vermin winning.

It makes me feel sick.

1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

I don’t want hibs celebrating **** all ever.  I don’t want them making the ££ they make from finishing second or third nor read about the romantic pish in the paper all the time either.  Hibs to get pumped as much and make as little as much as possible all the time.

Good for you.  I'm more focused on what i want at/for Hearts. I couldn't give  a feck what Hibs do. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Good for you.  I'm more focused on what i want at/for Hearts. I couldn't give  a feck what Hibs do. 

They make more money they are more competitive with us in terms of players signing etc.  They are our main rivals in the league both in term of locality and size of clubs.  They also have ***** as fans. And wanted us dead.  

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

No, no they don't.

Some get all warm and fuzzy at the thought of the vermin winning.

It makes me feel sick.

I see your point now.  Whack job mentality to be honest and it’s not even being a high and mighty hearts fan.  Really can’t get my head around that shit. 

12 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

aye, but we all owe rangers.

12 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

What a bunch of self righteous pricks.

This.

They really think they are something dont they.

Jambof3tornado

Sevco have a cheek talking about fan safety. How many cups of piss get dropped on us at ibrox???

Good on hibs.

Might backfire when they are shite again.

2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

They make more money they are more competitive with us in terms of players signing etc.  They are our main rivals in the league both in term of locality and size of clubs.  They also have ***** as fans. And wanted us dead.  

I couldn't give  a feck what Hibs do. 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I couldn't give  a feck what Hibs do. 

Yet you care what sevco do?

Mental.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sevco have a cheek talking about fan safety. How many cups of piss get dropped on us at ibrox???

Good on hibs.

Might backfire when they are shite again.

Celtic tried the same patter when their allocation was cut by AB. Strangely the only safety issues we've ever had with that scum is when they attack catering staff/stewards/police/ball boys. 

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Well they are now, they weren't for 3 years in the 2nd tier. Or for 30 odd years before that.

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Mental.

Nope. If you can't understand my POV  then i can't help you. You're just deliberately misconstruing what i wrote. 

Mental. Indeed. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

best scenario is that hibs or rangers end up 4th and Motherwell win the cup.

Hibs best season in 20 and they don't even make Europe would be classic hibs. getting relegated with us, winning the sc while spending 3 divisions in the lower tier, they can't do anything right.

Rangers, well, in all honesty if they don't make Europe I think there would be riots and as for the impact on the playing budget.....

Not too happy with Motherwell winning the cup either, that's another shitey team racking up a trophy, but given the above is at least funny.

Don't know why folk get so wound up about hibs tho, as you say it is usually the posters that say they are nothing, shite on our shoe, etc that get worked up the most and talk about them the most.

The bigger picture says that Rangers being 4th and Motherwell winning the cup is best, but the same with hibs being 4th would be just as funny.

King has said Rangers NEED European football and I reckon they are pretty much banking on it.

All in all it's shite as is doesn't involve us but hibs or Rangers ending up 4th and missing out on Europe would make me giggle.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Mental.

Rangers have dominated Scottish football for years and cheated in doing so.

Every football fan should care.

Finlay James

Taking off the maroon tinted specs, good on Hibs, I'd like to see more clubs do this. We have in the past and it gives you that extra man rather than listening to a whole stand bouncing to Anti or Pro IRA nonsense.  The clubs need to stop bending over to the old firm.

As for that statement, what the **** are they on?

Maroon specs back on,I hope Rangers well and truly leather that jumped up mob who are nothing but a stain on our great city.