Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Telling 'your' team to **** off!

Nice work chief. At least moan at the gaffer.

Shut up Andy. 

If I want to express myself in this way at us moving to sign a player who can’t get a game for a mid table Championship side, I will. 

So put me on ignore if this upsets you snowflake. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

What worries me is that he did not set the heather on fire at Inverness to be honest.

True. It's an uninspiring potential signing - another one.

Folk will say that bigger names won't be tying themselves down atm/clubs will still be in negs with boys on their contract releases but still...

Not about to start going into freak out mode but like I said I'm underwhelmed 

I ask the question again......we have been told that we would like to retain 4 loan players from this season. Are they 4 of the 'mystical' 9 or are the 9 in addition to those 4? In my view we need 4 or 5 starters in addition to those 4 to get anywhere near the top teams of this season so if they are part of the 9 and we already have 2 (if not 3 including this ICT guy) then that only leaves 2 more signings. If thats the case :rofl:

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Low risk, low budget addition with room for good development....fine by me...

The folk bumping their gums on this thread really need help.....bigggg time!!!

The 3 signings so far are surely just squad players, low wage recruits. 2 to hopefully bolster out goal scoring, 1 to create/ run at the opposition.

Templeton/ Fraser would fall into the same category.

Really need to nail down some of the more 'marquee' type signings once the season is over though. Not only does the team need it, the fans most certainly need to be shown intent by the Club to really go for a European place/ Cup ran next season..

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

I ask the question again......we have been told that we would like to retain 4 loan players from this season. Are they 4 of the 'mystical' 9 or are the 9 in addition to those 4? In my view we need 4 or 5 starters in addition to those 4 to get anywhere near the top teams of this season so if they are part of the 9 and we already have 2 (if not 3 including this ICT guy) then that only leaves 2 more signings. If thats the case :rofl:

Have you asked Craig Levein?

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Bloody hope not..

You're right, need players that'll go straight into the starting 11 and make an impact from the off.

After two dire seasons, we really need to get our shit together

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

well he is good on crosses

sorry

Heard he isn't signing for us as we couldn't agree a deal . 

Supposedly he was happy with his top line wages but was getting hammered with tacks ................

?

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, bistokid said:

The next 6 will have to be otherwise next season will be another painful one.

6 quality signings?

anyone know the name of our mystery benefactor?

seriously if Naismith and Adao and Mitchell and Milinkovic all sing  - they are all effectively new players next season. Then, assuming Mclaughlin goes id expect a keeper and a couple of midfielders or maybe a midfielder and a centre half

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Shut up Andy. 

If I want to express myself in this way at us moving to sign a player who can’t get a game for a mid table Championship side, I will. 

If only you would post facts not fiction but when your aim is to seemingly constantly knock the club then it's hardly a surprise

old school tie

AB was right about us changing our recruiting policy. We've gone from signing 3rd rade foreign dross to 3rd rate hasbeens and cripples :jj_facepalm:

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Have you asked Craig Levein?

He's not taking my calls. In the cream puff after I called him out numerous times and was proven correct. Them's the breaks.

7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Are we that short of cash? 

Well there’s posters happy to tell the board they haven’t renewed or are unlikely to do so on the ‘season tickets on sale’ thread, some of whom are now posting on this thread, ridiculing this signing.

So to answer your question - possibly. :P 

Edited by Highways and Byways

Greedy_Jambo

I'm glad we're bringing new faces in and early... 

But.. We're gonna need something to get excited about soon like. 

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If only you would post facts not fiction but when your aim is to seemingly constantly knock the club then it's hardly a surprise

?

At least I’m not cutting about giving scouting reports to people who don’t ask for them. 

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lot of opinion on someone most people havent seen kick a ball.

agreed but haven't seen any reports that says he's much use which is worrying

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Squad player it says in the article. 

My Inverness pal was gutted he could be leaving in December.  Hardly exciting or worthy of ridicule unless people think they know better than the legendary Robbo. 

OG from the lynch mob

Stephen Muddie
4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

He's not taking my calls. In the cream puff after I called him out numerous times and was proven correct. Them's the breaks.

Cracking retort to be fair. CL would do that if you were his pal I'm certain of that. 

:rofl:

16 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Do you believe we will only sign 2 more players ???

Or do you just like to type pish for the sake of it ?

51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Both are out of contact next month so how is it a ‘swap deal’?

Both clubs entitled to development fees so assuming maybe waived at both ends?

Levein et al have obviously seen enough when he was training with us to think he has development potential. Again add depth to the squad in an area we are lacking. Billy King was never going to hold down a starting position for us but was more than useful on occasion when called upon, Mulraney could be equally as useful while maybe developing over a year or two. Does anyone really think he is being viewed as a regular starter initially?

chester copperpot
21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Shut up Andy. 

Please dont use my name on here chief. There's a reason I changed it.

For what it's worth, I kind of agree with you, but would choose better words to explain your feelings. 

33 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I think most fans would expect better than a signing Levein has said “can’t run” and is 35, another signing from Cambridge which is a “gamble” again in his words and a third potential signing who can’t get a game for Inverness.

3 signings out of your potential 8 mentioned that therefore don’t inspire any sort of confidence.

This 100%

Bazzas right boot

Welcome lad.

I reckon CL is trolling a certain segment of our fans to push them to breaking point by announcing the squad type signings first before the bigger ones.

I thought we'd be swapping Beith for Ramsey from Arsenal?

Big thumbs up from me if so.

serious note- a player who wasn't going to play away for a wide player who might or might not make it, but gives us an option in an area we are 

short.

anyone know if he is right or left footed?

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Do you believe we will only sign 2 more players ???

Or do you just like to type pish for the sake of it ?

Its a completely reasonable question. Are the 4 loanees we apparently wish to retain included in the magic 9???  Or are the 9 in addition to them. Its a very important factor in how strong (or otherwise) we may be next season. Add 4 or 5 starters to the 4 loans and we will have the basis of a much better side. Add 1 or 2 to the couple already signed and those 4 and meh, we will see very little improvement. 

If you think that point is "pish" I'd suggest you aren't thinking very hard, which is your prerogative of course!

37 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Bang on.......frightening at times some  people’s negativity 

The negativity stems from the dick in charge at the moment. 

Edited by ZEUS
Error.

21 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Are we that short of cash? 

Probably.  The amount of money we have wasted is incredible.  Spunking out wages on Naismith to help us achieve 6th in the league, no wonder we are skint.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

The negativity stems from the dick in charge st the moment. 

Or the dicks that don't like the dick

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Or the dicks that don't like the dick

in conclusion we have too many dicks ducking around.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Pace to burn. Bit one-dimensional apparently but we probably see him as an impact sub. Ivan Sproule-ish. 

Nookie Bear
52 minutes ago, combo74 said:

What a bunch of whingers our fans have become. Literally no signing is good enough...

If this is effectively a swap then what is there to lose. Offload a guy who’s not going to make the breakthrough at Hearts and bring in a young guy with SPFL experience and appearances for Republic of Ireland at u21 level; sounds like an upgrade to me; unlikely to be a first team starter, but could be a more experienced option from the bench.

If we’re bringing in 8-10 players they are unlikely to all be ‘marquee’ or high profile signings! ?

Yet another option from the bench- hurray!!!

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

He's not signing..............................................is he ?

Hope so, could do a job........in the catering department. I hear he has a few good moves with bread,wine and fish.

TheAntiHibee
12 minutes ago, DavieG said:

Mulreney was very poor in the games  he played against us at Tynecastle.

Really? I thought he was a standout in the 5-1 game.

Hackney Hearts
45 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

But then again I hadn't really heard much about Neil McCann or Colin Cameron when they were signed from the lower leagues either.

Colin Cameron was signed for £400,000! He was a star for Raith Rovers - a key part of the side who'd beaten Celtic to win the League Cup and taken the lead away to Bayern Munich. And they weren't a lower league side, they were 6th in the Premier. Neil McCann was a of a similar stature (not just height-wise) - albeit at more lowly Dundee.

Saint Jambo
36 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Both clubs entitled to development fees so assuming maybe waived at both ends?

Only if we offered Beith a contract worth at least what he was on from his lack of contract. I find it hard to believe we made that offer. Not seen anyone suggesting we had.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, DavieG said:

Mulreney was very poor in the games  he played against us at Tynecastle.

He wasn't fit the 5 1 game. People looking for 22 star players though :rofl:

Cheek to insult the club on that level of delusion

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Originally a bit underwhelmed by this signing if true, as I've not really heard much about this guy. But then again I hadn't really heard much about Neil McCann or Colin Cameron when they were signed from the lower leagues either. Willing to give him a chance if he comes. 

Edit: Not sure if Dundee were in the same league when we signed McCann?? 

If you hadn’t heard of either McCann or Cameron you can’t have had much interest in Scottish football at that time. They were both highly rated and McCann especially was a bit of a coup when he signed for us first time round. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, ZEUS said:

Personally, I’ve never liked the dick. 

There's a lot of dicks to suffer in life. Sometimes you just have to accept it. 

Boyces beard

A young lad who is trying to better himself in the game, most likely wont be here as a starter and is an under 21 international. He will be looking in at kickback to see what the fans think and it wont fill him with confidence for the future. We have some right ***** in our support.

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Originally a bit underwhelmed by this signing if true, as I've not really heard much about this guy. But then again I hadn't really heard much about Neil McCann or Colin Cameron when they were signed from the lower leagues either. Willing to give him a chance if he comes. 

Edit: Not sure if Dundee were in the same league when we signed McCann?? 

Both were sticking out like sore thumbs at their respective clubs prior to signing for Hearts.

If you catch players on an upward curve from lower leagues and our better judgement sees a capacity to improve further, then there's a good chance they'll be a success.  We did have good judgement of young , up and coming players back then. Even ones we promoted from youth.

The signings of McLean and Mulraney look uninspiring but the lad signing from Cambridge looks an interesting one.

I'm not over the moon so far but neither am I sick as a parrot yet.

Let's see how the team shapes up if we can get our current loan players to sign permanently or in the case of Mitchell sign up for another season.

There will surely be at least a couple of quality signings that are going to improve the squad and not just stop gap signings to boost numbers.

Here's hoping.

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm not going to write of NEXT seasons signings at least until we've had an absolute nightmare under the new League Cop format.

I at least owe that to Hearts and myself.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

He's not signing..............................................is he ?

Typical hearts type player. Disappears for the weekend.

Sorry il get my coat