Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, davemclaren said:

Who?

Jake Mulraney the Ireland U21 intl winger who was training with us in December. 

Signings of MacLean, Ikpeazu and potentially Mulraney now will have us flocking to renew. :mellow:

EDIT - He’s only played 44 mins in Inverness last 8 matches. :rofl: 

Edited by SteauaNeedarest

PaulHartley10

I really want Levein to succeed but we won't be progressing by signing someone who's on the bench for ICT in the championship :(

This bargain bucket signing policy is worrying 

this guy is not even rated at ICT

Edited by jbee647

6 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Signings of MacLean, Ikpeazu and potentially Mulraney now will have us flocking to renew. :mellow:

EDIT - He’s only played 44 mins in Inverness last 8 matches. :rofl: 

Red card, in Robbo’s bad books and injury explains a chunk of that. 

Quantity over quality no question...worrying times indeed. I can't see us keeping milinkovic if this happens either which worries me even more..one of a few with genuine quality.

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

just what we need then. hope to heck this rumour ain't true. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He was sent off on 27th January and has played 42 mins in total in their last 6 matches all of which he’s been in the squad.

He’s scored 2 goals all season. Not good enough for Hearts.

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, JI TEES said:

Quantity over quality no question...worrying times indeed. I can't see us keeping milinkovic if this happens either which worries me even more..one of a few with genuine quality.

my worry as well. this would be desperate stuff taking account of our other 2 (uninspiring) signings

The Comedian
Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

He was sent off on 27th January and has played 42 mins in total in their last 6 matches all of which he’s been in the squad.

He’s scored 2 goals all season. Not good enough for Hearts.

From the article...

He has scored three goals in 31 appearances for Caledonian Thistle so far this season and has been heavily involved in their recent surge towards the Scottish Championship play-off places. Known for his impressive turn of pace, he is eager to further

Underwhelming to say the least.

What a bunch of whingers our fans have become. Literally no signing is good enough...

If this is effectively a swap then what is there to lose. Offload a guy who’s not going to make the breakthrough at Hearts and bring in a young guy with SPFL experience and appearances for Republic of Ireland at u21 level; sounds like an upgrade to me; unlikely to be a first team starter, but could be a more experienced option from the bench.

If we’re bringing in 8-10 players they are unlikely to all be ‘marquee’ or high profile signings! ?

Edited by combo74

Selkirkhmfc1874

Why not wait until end of the transfer window and then see where we are? A think there will be quality signings to come 

1 minute ago, The Comedian said:

From the article...

Underwhelming to say the least.

Apologies, should’ve said 2 league goals. He’s scored once against the Crusaders in the Irn Bru Cup.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, combo74 said:

What a bunch of whingers our fans have become. Literally no signing is good enough...

If this is effectively a swap then what is there to lose. Offload a guy who’s not going to make the breakthrough at Hearts and bring in a young guy with SPFL experience and appearances for Republic of Ireland at u21 level; sounds like an upgrade to me; unlikely to a first team starter, but could be a more experienced option from the bench.

If we’re bringing in 8-10 players they are unlikely to all be ‘marquee’ or high profile signings! ?

Spot on in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He's not signing..............................................is he ?

well he is good on crosses

sorry

adambraejambo

Why everyone getting their knickers in a twist. If this is true the boy has been at us on trial. They must have seen something in him they can develop. I not going to bash levein for this Beith was never going to make it for us and if we get a young winger eager to impress I fail to see anything wrong with it. 

2 minutes ago, combo74 said:

I think most fans would expect better than a signing Levein has said “can’t run” and is 35, another signing from Cambridge which is a “gamble” again in his words and a third potential signing who can’t get a game for Inverness.

3 signings out of your potential 8 mentioned that therefore don’t inspire any sort of confidence.

Originally a bit underwhelmed by this signing if true, as I've not really heard much about this guy. But then again I hadn't really heard much about Neil McCann or Colin Cameron when they were signed from the lower leagues either. Willing to give him a chance if he comes. 

Edit: Not sure if Dundee were in the same league when we signed McCann?? 

Edited by Fraggle

Remember a couple of months ago they discussed this guy on Radio Scotland and were surprised we were interested. Seems to be quick but no end product.

Sounds fab.

Edited by neilnunb

7 minutes ago, combo74 said:

If this is effectively a swap then what is there to lose. Offload a guy who’s not going to make the breakthrough at Hearts and bring in a young guy with SPFL experience and appearances for Republic of Ireland at u21 level; sounds like an upgrade to me; unlikely to be a first team starter, but could be a more experienced option from the bench.

Bang on.......frightening at times some  people’s negativity 

Edited by goldie83

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why not wait until end of the transfer window and then see where we are? A think there will be quality signings to come 

After a very poor season people expect some reason for optimism, we are in the midst of season ticket renewals. We could potentially have 3 players signed already and none of which appear to be upgrades on what we already have.

Low risk, low budget addition with room for good development....fine by me...

The folk bumping their gums on this thread really need help.....bigggg time!!!

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Still no midfielders just sayin.....

Think that's where most our budget will be spent and I'd expect quality signings there 

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

This bargain bucket signing policy is worrying 

this guy is not even rated at ICT

Where else have we ever shopped

Back to 2005
Just now, Fraggle said:

Originally a bit underwhelmed by this signing if true, as I've not really heard much about this guy. But then again I hadn't really heard much about Neil McCann or Colin Cameron when they were signed from the lower leagues either. Willing to give him a chance uf he comes. 

Seriously....both were established first team players who were massive stand outs for their clubs at the time. This bloke can't even get in inversnekkys team!

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, bistokid said:

After a very poor season people expect some reason for optimism, we are in the midst of season ticket renewals. We could potentially have 3 players signed already and none of which appear to be upgrades on what we already have.

Give it time though, we only in April just now 

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

???

**** off Hearts. 

Telling 'your' team to **** off!

Nice work chief. At least moan at the gaffer.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Give it time though, we only in April just now 

Indeed, but you can't blame people for fearing the worst. 3/9 of our mooted signings don't appear to improve us.

I am assumingthe "swap" is to nullify development fees.

While he may not be seen as a top signing he will be available to fill a position where we are seriously short.

Since Beith has not really been near the first team squad for some time we are losing nothing and maybe gaining something.

Back to 2005

Maybe some of the happy clappers can explain the logic behind signing players not good enough for a mid table Championship team? Rather have 1 quality signing than 4 players that are not much above amateur level. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, bistokid said:

Indeed, but you can't blame people for fearing the worst. 3/9 of our mooted signings don't appear to improve us.

A think the quality signings will come 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A think the quality signings will come 

The next 6 will have to be otherwise next season will be another painful one.

7 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Originally a bit underwhelmed by this signing if true, as I've not really heard much about this guy. But then again I hadn't really heard much about Neil McCann or Colin Cameron when they were signed from the lower leagues either. Willing to give him a chance if he comes. 

Edit: Not sure if Dundee were in the same league when we signed McCann?? 

Neil McCann was well thought of when we signed him, hence we had to pay a fee.