Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

I had a rangers fan say to me today that could get Lee Wallace for an  absolute song, and he says it's not right etc, I then reminded him that they got him for nothing from us as the *******s haven't paid us yet! 

We got £1.4m for him instead of £1.5, we let them off with £100,000 as we needed the cash.

https://cm/the-scotsman-2-7475/rangers-cut-lee-wallace-fee-to-hearts-by-100-000-1-2804729

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King

Wallace is a trouble maker and has never learnt how to defend, he would also cost us money so it’s a No from me.

japanjambo
Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Theres a clip of “bobby oh bobby prentice oh bobby prentice on the wing “ on you tube ( might be the 4-1 game against hibs at Tynecastle ?) where he goes past players like they’re not there . 

Also remember him scoring against hibs at easter rd in what I think was the last hame played before segregation was introduced (at least I think it was him ) lots of trouble that game. 

Lucille's Thirsty

The new signings leave much to be desired. I hope a few big ones are looming.

25 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

The defending in those clips his chronic...how many "slidies" and they all miss?

On 26/04/2018 at 12:21, bighalders said:

Signings of MacLean, Ikpeazu and potentially Mulraney now will have us flocking to renew

Explains  why Hearts twitter feed updates on season ticket sales has been as active as Vlads Hearts fax machine, stoney bloody silent

?

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:45, BobbyJenkins said:

Who said we aren’t trying to sign milinkovic?

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:45, BobbyJenkins said:

Who said we aren’t trying to sign milinkovic?

lets not pre-judge Jake or any of our new signings, whether already here or still to come in, and encourage and support all players in maroon and in turn give them every chance to be successful at our club.

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, japanjambo said:

That’s the dribbles I was thinking of but clearly not against hibs ?

cheers 

39 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

lets not pre-judge Jake or any of our new signings, whether already here or still to come in, and encourage and support all players in maroon and in turn give them every chance to be successful at our club.

Must be new here ?

kirkierobroy

With my ICT hat on I'm 50% happy with this. Jake's quick, tries hard and doesn't hide but his product isn't always what you want. He didn't especially stand out in the Championship so I'm not sure if he'll adapt to the level you're at. Hope he does. Perhaps there's scope for improvement.

Interesting to see how Beith does. In a sense he's stepping up too, after his loan spells in the nether regions.

Graham Thomson
On 24/04/2018 at 17:43, adambraejambo said:

Why everyone getting their knickers in a twist. If this is true the boy has been at us on trial. They must have seen something in him they can develop. I not going to bash levein for this Beith was never going to make it for us and if we get a young winger eager to impress I fail to see anything wrong with it. 

Absolutely Agree ?

Youngish player with recognised potential not getting a regular game at current club.

Sounds similar to Souttar in some ways but it does seem more of a punt.

Maybe with better players around him he will thrive.

cosanostra
14 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Youngish player with recognised potential not getting a regular game at current club.

Sounds similar to Souttar in some ways but it does seem more of a punt.

Maybe with better players around him he will thrive.

Exactly.

They must see something in him and he'll be on low wages.

Levein thinks he's worth it and he'll live or die by his signings.

2 hours ago, japanjambo said:

Never seen that clip that second run if hed scored would of been up there that was better than Fuller

8 hours ago, japanjambo said:

Was at that game. Bobby Prentice was something else. A real character both on and off the park.

BTW still love that strip. Absolutely magnificent. My all time favourite Hearts strip. A thing of beauty. 

John Gentleman
On 4/26/2018 at 00:58, jonnothejambo said:

I don't consider Mulraney to be one of the 'nine'. 

I reckon Robbo wanted Beith and it suited both parties for Mulraney to come here. 

It really has no risk.

.....and with it the prospect of little return for the 'investment'.

Strikes me as similar to the signings of Dylan Bikey and Jonathan Toto (if memory serves!) There's something there which could flourish with some work and we're presumably putting very little towards it, so we're giving it a chance. I've got no problem with this kind of signing at all.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, johnmitchell said:

Shoosht you, you're spoiling my fun winding up the dead ;) 

I wasn’t sure I had to look it up ?

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Strikes me as similar to the signings of Dylan Bikey and Jonathan Toto (if memory serves!) There's something there which could flourish with some work and we're presumably putting very little towards it, so we're giving it a chance. I've got no problem with this kind of signing at all.

I don't follow. You are saying it's a similar signing to Bikey and Toto and have no problem with that kind of signing? Both of those players were miles short of the required standard and were let go very quickly.

And just because it is a cheap investment (it's still costing money, though) does not make it alright. Too many cheap investments on players who are not good enough adds up to a decent amount of money.

All Out Attack

I acknowledge the fact that some on here have clearly seen quite a bit of this lad and have been unimpressed, but surely Beith was never going to cut it at Hearts anyway.

This at least gives us longer to take a look at Mulraney, but I wouldn't expect him to be playing too frequently. 

Personally I would like to see all the dead wood cleared out the club, however I'm not seeing too many issues with this. 

I wouldn't think he's one of our 8 or 9 anticipated signings. 

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't follow. You are saying it's a similar signing to Bikey and Toto and have no problem with that kind of signing? Both of those players were miles short of the required standard and were let go very quickly.

And just because it is a cheap investment (it's still costing money, though) does not make it alright. Too many cheap investments on players who are not good enough adds up to a decent amount of money.

Yep, those guys were signed for little outlay with the knowledge that that there was potentially something there. Jake (and probably Robbie Muirhead as well) are similar. Short term deal, see if we can develop something, if not, no great loss. It's a tiny fraction of our transfer business, a small risk in the hope we unearth a gem. I get that some people will never agree with that, but it's not something that I have a problem with.

Dr. Bapswent

As with every other transfer window, it’s the same old story. People being underwhelmed by the players that we bring in - expecting us to some how be able to afford, or have a policy of signing proven, quality. We don’t. 

I think we are signing exactly the sort of player the clubs position is setting out to sign, within budget, with the hope of them developing or finding the promise they may have shown elsewhere. 

Some will work out, others won’t. That’s where we are as a club. So getting humpty about the club not behaving that way makes little or no sense. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

As with every other transfer window, it’s the same old story. People being underwhelmed by the players that we bring in - expecting us to some how be able to afford, or have a policy of signing proven, quality. We don’t. 

I think we are signing exactly the sort of player the clubs position is setting out to sign, within budget, with the hope of them developing or finding the promise they may have shown elsewhere. 

Some will work out, others won’t. That’s where we are as a club. So getting humpty about the club not behaving that way makes little or no sense. 

I agree with your general point but this particular one does seem a bit strange given he doesn’t even seem to be one of ICT’s best players, not that I know who they are anyway. I suppose it will just be wait and see. 

Brighton Jambo
13 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

I think your point is fair and I am feeling optimistic about the signings but I wont deny that one signing in the mould of Berra/Lafferty would make me feel even more enthused for the season.  Naismith/Mitchell returning would also go a long way. 

stirlingshirejambo
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

He was some winger.

Head thrown back, nose in the air and beating the same defenders twice or thrice in one mazy run. My favourite in that team only second to Busby.

:notworthy:

I was very young but boy the few times I saw Bobby Prentice made him my childhood hero

I tried to emulate him in the park and apart from my lack of pace, left foot and wizadry we were very similar

20 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

I was very young but boy the few times I saw Bobby Prentice made him my childhood hero

I tried to emulate him in the park and apart from my lack of pace, left foot and wizadry we were very similar

Almost twins then.. :lol:

Dr. Bapswent
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I think your point is fair and I am feeling optimistic about the signings but I wont deny that one signing in the mould of Berra/Lafferty would make me feel even more enthused for the season.  Naismith/Mitchell returning would also go a long way. 

If we are looking for anything close to Marquee signings then I think Milinkovic, Naismith or Mitchell signing any sort of permanent deal, or even coming back on loan would be the sort of realistic things we are hoping for.

I doubt the club has an embarrassment of riches to choose from when it comes to deals like that.