Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

pretty sure Martin has two years left

Levein is just saying what he has to say in this situation, Sammon, Martin and Liam Smith are under contract so it isn't sensible to say they won't be coming back if they refuse to leave.

We'll be working to find clubs for all three and when we do I expect them to go 

Unfortunately you are correct about Martin he is contracted until the summer of 2020.

We just need to hope that these three can be moved on sooner rather than later.

It would certainly free up a bit of cash to bring in somone we can actually play in the team and might improve it.

i dont know whats worse, the fact the EEN think a loan ending is news worthy or that people here are crying about it,

Sammon has to come back for pre season, but i doubt he will be a hearts player next season, another loan or he will go for free.

Should I be surprised that people are being deliberately stupid (benefit of the doubt, there) in order to have another pop at the club?

2 minutes ago, Dinger said:

i dont know whats worse, the fact the EEN think a loan ending is news worthy or that people here are crying about it,

Sammon has to come back for pre season, but i doubt he will be a hearts player next season, another loan or he will go for free.

People are crying about it because until it is confirmed that he is away somewhere else then there is a chance he could stay with us and god forbid even play.

It may come as a surprise however football forums discuss all aspects of football, players in and out etc even if it is reported from the EEN.

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

Should I be surprised that people are being deliberately stupid (benefit of the doubt, there) in order to have another pop at the club?

I don’t think they’re being deliberate. 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

People are crying about it because until it is confirmed that he is away somewhere else then there is a chance he could stay with us and god forbid even play.

It may come as a surprise however football forums discuss all aspects of football, players in and out etc even if it is reported from the EEN.

Do you understand employment contracts? 

Wish we’d kept him this season and certainly 2nd half of last season.

That said it only shows where our squad is and I’d hope we can/have (with Uche, McLean, Keena, Currie as options) done better than Conor.

He never let us down really, his finidhing was poor but he created plenty for others.

28 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

McClean, Uche and Sammon - things shaping up nicely. 

25 goals a season apiece right there. 

The stuff of champions! :robbo:

48 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Levein is just saying what he has to say in this situation, Sammon, Martin and Liam Smith are under contract so it isn't sensible to say they won't be coming back if they refuse to leave.

Since when was Liam Smith added to the merry band of hope-lessness? He's still a lad with excellent prospects at Hearts as far as I'm concerned. Only reason he was out on loan is because we had a surfeit of players in his position.

Edited by JohnB

46 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Double post sorry.

Edited by JohnB

4 hours ago, BM1874 said:

If he does come back and stays let’s all get behind in and actually give him our support.

Might not be the best but he always trys. 

Really felt for him being boo’d for the MOTM (purely as he scored) v birkirkara. Even afterwards in the hospitality he looked shaken by it 

That kind of thinking will never catch on here.

:D

7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

That kind of thinking will never catch on here.

:D

Spot on. Altho on the positive side, will create many a fun argument over the next few weeks....

33 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I don’t think they’re being deliberate. 

Caveated by the (benefit of the doubt) comment...

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Dinger said:

I agree. I would be very surprised if he plays another competitive game for Hearts. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

:yas:

Like a new signing!

If he can get 9 for Partick, could easily hit 45 goals for us in a season.

been here before

'mon the Fish.

Played in one of the most disorganised, uninterested, spineless Hearts team for many a year and was seldom given a chance. Became a bit of a focus for the discontent amongst the support at an early stage.

By no means a world beater but at the same time by no means the worst player we've had over the last while. As I recall he seemed to have turned a corner in the last couple of games before going to Thistle and this was slowly recognised by some in the support.

Im up for giving the fish another chance in the moroon sea. Be interesting to see if he can jump for a header. The only player Ive ever seen who got smaller when he jumped!

Edited by been here before

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

'mon the Fish.

Played in one of the most disorganised, uninterested, spineless Hearts team for many a year and was seldom given a chance. Became a bit of a focus for the discontent amongst the support at an early stage.

By no means a world beater but at the same time by no means the worst player we've had over the last while. As I recall he seemed to have turned a corner in the last couple of games before going to Thistle and this was slowly recognised by some in the support.

Im up for giving the fish another chance in the moroon sea. Be interesting to see if he can jump for a header. The only player Ive ever seen who got smaller when he jumped!

Genuinely do not recall this.  What games did he turn this corner?

16 minutes ago, been here before said:

A team so utterly dreadful that they found themselves second in the league.

:levein_interesting:

been here before
16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Genuinely do not recall this.  What games did he turn this corner?

Whatever the last couple were before he left for Thistle. Im at work and honestly cant recall what ones they were. Im thinking East Fife might have been one of them, he came in as a sub but I honestly cant recall for sure.

I do recall we were shooting toward the Roseburn, sun was out (which makes me doubt East Fife) he'd set up a couple of chances, maybe had a shot or two and Ill swear bling there was a smattering of 'one Connor Sammon'.

Just now, been here before said:

Whatever the last couple were before he left for Thistle. Im at work and honestly cant recall what ones they were. Im thinking East Fife might have been one of them, he came in as a sub but I honestly cant recall for sure.

I do recall we were shooting toward the Roseburn, sun was out (which makes me doubt East Fife) he'd set up a couple of chances, maybe had a shot or two and Ill swear bling there was a smattering of 'one Connor Sammon'.

My recollection of his time at Hearts was on-going horrendous performances until he was finally stuck on the bench - basically as a 'face saver' for those who authorised his signing.  In most cases he was left sitting on the bench and a youngster was subbed on instead.

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

:yas:

Like a new signing!

sadly he probably is like our new signings 

Phil Dunphy

Unless he’s coming back to be told to **** off, I’m not interested. 

Another absolute howler of a signing by our shambolic recruitment team. 

Some people had it decided that they didn't like him before he even took to the pitch. 

Once he's back, he should get a clean chance to prove himself. If he shows himself to have improved, then brilliant, if not, it's no great loss. 

I certainly won't be booing his return, unlike some "supporters". 

Bazzas right boot

him up front with McLean and the Don pulling the strings in th AM role.

I want it to happen, even if for just one game to see the reaction on here.

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Some people had it decided that they didn't like him before he even took to the pitch. 

Once he's back, he should get a clean chance to prove himself. If he shows himself to have improved, then brilliant, if not, it's no great loss. 

I certainly won't be booing his return, unlike some "supporters". 

I literally can’t wait for us to punt Lafferty and have Sammon and MacLean up front together in the worlds most static front line. 

7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I literally can’t wait for us to punt Lafferty and have Sammon and MacLean up front together in the worlds most static front line. 

I think that is a ridiculous comment. Both MacLean and Sammon are commended for their link up play and work rate above all else. 

You can complain about age and lack of goals but you can't criticise their effort.

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Bauld said:

I think that is a ridiculous comment. Both MacLean and Sammon are commended for their link up play and work rate above all else. 

You can complain about age and lack of goals but you can't criticise their effort.

Our front line is CRYING out for some pace. If you think either one of those will provide us with any injection of pace, you’re out of your mind. 

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Our front line is CRYING out for some pace. If you think either one of those will provide us with any injection of pace, you’re out of your mind. 

There is a massive difference between static and lack of pace. Static implies laziness and a refusal to move and work as part of the team unit. 

Besides pace isn't the be all for a striker. Easily compensated by some brains. If they can read the game better they can still be in the right place at the right time.

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

There is a massive difference between static and lack of pace. Static implies laziness and a refusal to move and work as part of the team unit. 

Besides pace isn't the be all for a striker. Easily compensated by some brains. If they can read the game better they can still be in the right place at the right time.

You mustn’t watch Hearts much if you don’t think there’s a desperate need for someone who can outpace the erosion of the UK coastline. 

Back to 2005
19 minutes ago, Bauld said:

If Hearts played me up front I would put in lots of effort but there would be no getting away from my lack of ability.

Actually no idea about McLean but Sammon put in zero effort in some games last season. 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

Would Jags not do a swap with Blair Spittal for instance, talented young midfielder that CL knows well. That could have happened in winter window. A punt with nothing to lose.

We could’ve signed Spittal when he left Utd.

We've been paying him for a year whilst he scores goals for another club so we may as well take him back and have a look again :lol:

We love a long term contract to total duds don't we? 

All Out Attack

I know he's our player but you really couldn't make this up. Shocking original signing and not pleased to see him come back. He's had his chance. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, been here before said:

'mon the Fish.

The one that was in 2nd place when Neilson left, when he played 21 times from July to December?

11 hours ago, XB52 said:

Embarrassing post, have a word.  Sammon is contracted to Hearts for another year so he was always coming back. Sod all to do with Levein

What is it about people like you chucking insults about. Nothing like stating the obvious obvious about his contract. My comment was about people including CL suggesting he should be given a chance to play again. Sammon is an effing embrassment and nowhere near Hearts standard- end of. In the next few weeks we'll hear about Lafferty going and Hearts starting the season with the 3 cart horses up front- watch his space 

Captain Canada
11 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

I don't get this " he is a trier " bit, if he tried he would not have got the stick he did, many a time I saw our players running passed him trying to harass the opposition while he just looked at them disappearing into the distance,  he was only a trier some times, and that's not good enough, neither was his touch or decision making, so unless he's had an injection of " get into em" he's not going to play for us again. I hope.

Exactly. Lack of ability is one thing but in general he ambled about and rarely showed any aggression or commitment. 

Although I do not rate Sammon, I would rather have seen him on against Hibs  at Easter Road the first game, and at IBROX,  when we were beat 2.0 , than Henderson who looks nothing like a football player , never mind a Hearts player.