Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing out on the big story here.

He's our employee.

We can't really refuse to accommodate himonce his loan is finished, especially as Sammon has done nothing wrong to merit any form of disciplinary action or us act like a twatish  employer. 

We will be working with his agent to try to move him on too.

Edited by DETTY29

If he does come back and stays let’s all get behind in and actually give him our support. 

Might not be the best but he always trys. 

Really felt for him being boo’d for the MOTM (purely as he scored) v birkirkara. Even afterwards in the hospitality he looked shaken by it 

Player on loan returns for pre season. 

Who would have thought it.

Surely nobody here is dumb enough to be sucked in by this shite?

Nobody would expect any manager to just come out and say "Soon as he is back he is punted."

To do anything else would be unfair on the player. They are still human after all. Although some would have them treated like mass produced robots. 

Cut The Crap

He'll be like a new signing.

7-10 needed; three already in.

Just another 4-7 to go and we're set for the new season. 

::troll::

Back to 2005

He is one of the worst players I have ever seen at Hearts. That performance against the Maltese mob was beyond useless. 

queensferryjambo
7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

He is one of the worst players I have ever seen at Hearts. That performance against the Maltese mob was beyond useless. 

Didn't he score a legit goal against that Maltese mob and it was ruled out unfairly?

I honestly think he was never given a chance at Hearts and the horribly ineffective Tony Watt wrecked any chance he did have.

2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Didn't he score a legit goal against that Maltese mob and it was ruled out unfairly?

I honestly think he was never given a chance at Hearts and the horribly ineffective Tony Watt wrecked any chance he did have.

Me too. His recent form would have been helpful to our league campaign. 

Would Jags not do a swap with Blair Spittal for instance, talented young midfielder that CL knows well. That could have happened in winter window. A punt with nothing to lose.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

According to londonhearts he featured in 27 competitive games, scoring twice.

In 20 league games he scored once.

I'm usually one for giving players a chance but I thought he was shit before he signed and he did nothing to prove me wrong.

If sammon's the answer I think we're asking the wrong questions

5 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Would Jags not do a swap with Blair Spittal for instance, talented young midfielder that CL knows well. That could have happened in winter window. A punt with nothing to lose.

Depends whether Partick stay up or not. Though expect their finances to be okay. Sammon might not want to play in the Championship though. 

Edited by Mikey1874

OmiyaHearts

The prospect of Sammon & Maclean up front next season seems incredible. 5 years ago I never dreamt we could achieve anything like this.

Well done to all of us FOH and season ticket holders. We’ve made the dream a reality.

Greedy_Jambo

Not wishing to jump on the knee jerk reaction bus but nothing coming out of Hearts lately has given me any reason to get excited. 

How many games did cathro get before he was punted?

I'm starting to think it will be the exact same thing again. Levein eventually getting punted and us left in turmoil again, scraping for a place in the top 6. 

Can only assume several of the above have never seen him play. He's nowhere near Hearts standard. He'll join the two other cart horses recently signed by Levein and all three will be absolute embarrassments for the club. Yet another uninspiring move by Levein. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Prof said:

Can only assume several of the above have never seen him play. He's nowhere near Hearts standard. He'll join the two other cart horses recently signed by Levein and all three will be absolute embarrassments for the club. Yet another uninspiring move by Levein. 

In what way? What move has he made?

What do you think should happen when a player's loan period is up and nothing else has been sorted yet?

I'm not a fan of sammon myself but is Levein meant to say "no, we don't want our contracted players turning up for pre season"?

Imagine how much this place would kick off if that happened!

siegementality
36 minutes ago, Smithee said:

According to londonhearts he featured in 27 competitive games, scoring twice.

In 20 league games he scored once.

I'm usually one for giving players a chance but I thought he was shit before he signed and he did nothing to prove me wrong.

If sammon's the answer I think we're asking the wrong questions

Not if the question is who is the worst forward to play for Hearts in the last 10years.

7 minutes ago, Prof said:

He's contracted to Hearts. Unless another club signs him he has no where else to go but start pre-season with Hearts. 

If Hearts didn't do this they would in breach of contract and facing sanctions.

Does it mean he'll be playing for Hearts again? Unlikely. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, Prof said:

Embarrassing post, have a word.  Sammon is contracted to Hearts for another year so he was always coming back. Sod all to do with Levein

Harry Potter
52 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Think it was the other way arround regarding Tony .

People are reading too much into this. Sammon and Smith are Hearts players who are under contract to the club.

It's exactly the same situation as Martin until some other club signs them they have to report for training. I'm sure we wouldn't be difficult to deal with if any club wants them.

Doesn't mean to say they are going to be part of the first team squad next season.

From what I’ve heard Craig Levein wasn’t keen on Sammon signing in the first place but allowed Neilson the final say.

I expect him to leave the club permanently when the window opens.

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

He's our employee.

We can't really refuse to accommodate himonce his loan is finished, especially as Sammon has done nothing wrong to merit any form of disciplinary action or us act like a twatish  employer. 

If he does actually give Sammon a chance at playing for us then he must surely do the same with Martin because there lies another abject failure.

sandylejambo

I don't get this " he is a trier " bit, if he tried he would not have got the stick he did, many a time I saw our players running passed him trying to harass the opposition while he just looked at them disappearing into the distance,  he was only a trier some times, and that's not good enough, neither was his touch or decision making, so unless he's had an injection of " get into em" he's not going to play for us again. I hope.

32 minutes ago, luckydug said:

People are reading too much into this. Sammon and Smith are Hearts players who are under contract to the club.

It's exactly the same situation as Martin until some other club signs them they have to report for training. I'm sure we wouldn't be difficult to deal with if any club wants them.

Doesn't mean to say they are going to be part of the first team squad next season.

The concern here is that with Sammon and Martin who both still have another season each on their contracts with us that if they stick to their guns and refuse to move on are they going to be getting game time?

Sammon might if we are struggling with injuries or get rid of anyone else however Martin will be very unlikely to play and these guys will be using up value money that could have brought us in one or two decent signings.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

The concern here is that with Sammon and Martin who both still have another season each on their contracts with us that if they stick to their guns and refuse to move on are they going to be getting game time?

Sammon might if we are struggling with injuries or get rid of anyone else however Martin will be very unlikely to play and these guys will be using up value money that could have brought us in one or two decent signings.

Hopefully Sammon will get put out on loan again.....fingers crossed 

1 minute ago, rmreido said:

Hopefully Sammon will get put out on loan again.....fingers crossed 

Well unlike Martin at least he seems to want to play football somewhere even if not for us which is to his credit.

Sammon was rubbish but anyone playing with Tony Watt didn’t have a hope of receiving the ball.

Bazzas right boot

Yessssss.

The fish returns.

He hasn't a hope of playing, we'll have 3 strikers and hopefully Naismith, the haters can chill.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's a concern, But hardly news. been the situation all season.

thankfully, we moved on a few in January, I'd guess there will be more leaving in the summer as CL shapes his team.

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The prospect of Sammon & Maclean up front next season seems incredible. 5 years ago I never dreamt we could achieve anything like this.

Well done to all of us FOH and season ticket holders. We’ve made the dream a reality.

:laugh:

It's truly remarkable.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

He's our employee.

Far too sensible post. LEHVEEN and BUDGE the rat hugger oot. Not in my name etc

letsalldothebeattie

Of course he would be coming back. He’s only out on loan for the season. Doesn’t mean he will be part of Levein’s plans though. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him out on loan or sold in the summer. Lafferty, McLean, Uche & possibly Naismith to come back plus Henderson, Currie & Keena I cant see much of a chance for the big fella next season

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

He scored a legit goal that stood and was named man of the match by the sponsors.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Scored twice against them, home and away. 

Sad really, he was scapegoat for the way the whole team played. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

pretty sure Martin has two years left

Levein is just saying what he has to say in this situation, Sammon, Martin and Liam Smith are under contract so it isn't sensible to say they won't be coming back if they refuse to leave.

We'll be working to find clubs for all three and when we do I expect them to go 

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Time for a 5-year extension. 

Dinny say things like that ??

12 hours ago, BM1874 said:

If he does come back and stays let’s all get behind in and actually give him our support. 

Might not be the best but he always trys. 

Really felt for him being boo’d for the MOTM (purely as he scored) v birkirkara. Even afterwards in the hospitality he looked shaken by it 

Hopefully this...

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

A dream you say can you change that to "NIGHTMARE". :pleased: