1998 Cup Winners Replica Shirt ( merged )

Robbo51

3 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Still got the original.

A fantastic strip

Same. Sadly far too small to wear.

The White Cockade
Just now, Taffin said:

Same. Sadly far too small to wear.

shrunk in the wash eh!

same thing happened to all my tops:clyay:

drumie jambo
8 minutes ago, West Side Hearts said:

Still got my original doesn't fit me now right enough.

12 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

shrunk in the wash eh!

same thing happened to all my tops:clyay:

:levein2:

In this instance I was 9 at the time...the real pain is the shirts from just a few years ago that don't fit 

Cruyff Turn

Had that top, will be buying. 

On closer inspection, the Hearts graphic is in the wrong place, is it not?? :mellow:

Edited by Cruyff Turn

queensferryjambo
10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Had that top, will be buying. 

On closer inspection, the Hearts graphic is in the wrong place, is it not?? :mellow:

First thing I thought. The crest looks far too far over to the left hand side. Could just be the size of the shirt photographed though. Obviously it is missing the Olympic Sports logo as I think they went out of the game years ago.

The badge looks far too big as well and looks more like the club shop replica (heat press version) than the one worn in the cup. Although be fair I think I moaned the badge on the actual cup shirts was too small at the time anyway :)

I still have a pile of the original SFL Lextra sleeve badges somewhere as well so gives me the opportunity to use them up. Think there are some reasonably prices Asian replica SFL badges still kicking about on Ebay if people want them as well without having to shell out a fortune on real ones.

Nit picking aside it looks pretty cool and not a bad replica. Well done Hearts.

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

First thing I thought. The crest looks far too far over to the left hand side. Could just be the size of the shirt photographed though. Obviously it is missing the Olympic Sports logo as I think they went out of the game years ago.

The badge looks far too big as well and looks more like the club shop replica (heat press version) than the one worn in the cup. Although be fair I think I moaned the badge on the actual cup shirts was too small at the time anyway :)

I still have a pile of the original SFL Lextra sleeve badges somewhere as well so gives me the opportunity to use them up. Think there are some reasonably prices Asian replica SFL badges still kicking about on Ebay if people want them as well without having to shell out a fortune on real ones.

Its maybe just the picture.

Was my favourite Hearts top, never had it off as a kid. 

Will definitely be getting this, IF its reasonably priced, it is indeed a decent replica. 

58 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Still have the original, unworn hung up in the wardrobe, it is a loose fitting garment, kits now are more tailored.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Tiger said:

No mention of a price, based on the sticko brick bus I would say we will be looking at 3 figures, £150 is my guess.

I hope not. Half that I imagine. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I hope not. Half that I imagine. 

Should be less than the usual replicas imo, it's not made by Umbro or Nike etc, should keep the costs down, hopefully that gets passed onto the customers.

jambo in iraq

No way hearts official would be selling this without a sponsorship with Strongbow. More than a subtle hint on next years sponsor!

Had the home kit from the 98 season with Adam on the back but never got the away one that year. Will buy this if it isn't too expensive

3 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

No way hearts official would be selling this without a sponsorship with Strongbow. More than a subtle hint on next years sponsor!

Good news! I will always associate Strongbow with Hearts, and a misspent youth :whistling:

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

Should be less than the usual replicas imo, it's not made by Umbro or Nike etc, should keep the costs down, hopefully that gets passed onto the customers.

Hearts are looking to make money on these to help finance the stand so, given it will be collectable, I reckon £75 is a reasonable guess. I hope it’s a nicer material than the original. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts are looking to make money on these to help finance the stand so, given it will be collectable, I reckon £75 is a reasonable guess. I hope it’s a nicer material than the original. 

I'd pay that for sure. I'd like to see them sell framed ones to.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Real money spinner would be to get it framed and signed by management and team from back then 

Perfect opportunity to do so at the cup winners dinner thing coming up... Great idea! 

I've got the white Strongbow strip but it's the round collar..never worn and signed. Anyone tell me the year of that strip? 

queensferryjambo
40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I wonder if Strongbow are commercially involved with this? 

I am only presuming this so bare with me. Strongbow I think are owned by Heineken and over the past few years at Hearts events - POTY, Hall of Fame etc Heineken have sponsored full tables if not the whole event.

Sure there is a pretty reasonably good relationship with Hearts and Heineken.

I would presume Strongbow / Heineken would be ecstatic to get a bit of free advertising on this shirt. Would doubt they would be taking any cash for it.

queensferryjambo
13 minutes ago, it_hearts said:

I've got the white Strongbow strip but it's the round collar..never worn and signed. Anyone tell me the year of that strip? 

We used that strip seasons 2000/01 and 2001/02.

They are basically the same except on the 2001/02 shirt there is a Pro Match label on the bottom left of the shirt. The badge is completely embroidered on 2000/01 but the 2001/02 is a sewn on woven badge.

Examples of both seasons shirts - 

13047976_10209507813119282_752588161949112605491_10208722140557959_4304415218437

Edited by queensferryjambo

3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

We used that strip seasons 2000/01 and 2001/02.

They are basically the same except on the 2001/02 shirt there is a Pro Match label on the bottom left of the shirt. The badge is completely embroidered on 2000/01 but the 2001/02 is a sewn on woven badge.

Examples of both seasons shirts - 

13047976_10209507813119282_752588161949112605491_10208722140557959_4304415218437

Thanks for  that..can't believe I've had it all that time and it's bran new in wardrobe.

queensferryjambo

Just for comparison and for fun (I know, I know, no fun allowed on kickback) here are comparisons of the new replica shirt, a league match worn away shirt, a cup final player shirt and a cup winners shirt. 

New replica - 

Screenshot_20180421-123027.png

League match worn shirt - It has a slightly bigger badge than the Cup Final ones - 

12633555_10208722020834966_4281944669306

Cup final players shirt - Smaller badge than league shirts.

24293994_10214946027351239_2237209880006

Cup winners shirt - Same size badge as cup final shirts just different embroidery under badge (and of course cup on shirt).

1959257_10208722023795040_16227248313631

Midfield Terrier
2 hours ago, Tiger said:

No mention of a price, based on the sticko brick bus I would say we will be looking at 3 figures, £150 is my guess.

I don't think so as this appears to be made of polyester not lego.  

HamishMcGonagall

Still got the original one, signed by Neil McCann. The flag I bought that day (I was 13...) also hangs proudly on my son's bedroom wall.

Got the ‘normal’ replica of this just last year for £18 (thank you shirts of excellence) just doesn’t have the cup final stitching but it’s a great top and even in my current size it’s huge. The arms are baggy and the body is big but the collar is a bit snug still looks good though. 

Im guessing £98 for this but hopefully it will be about £35/40 max and quite high production numbers 

queensferryjambo

Not sure why they don't have any close up pics of the badge and text under it. 

Certainly doesn't look embroidered looks more like some kind of heat press flock. Hard to tell. Will have to see this up close in the shop if I am to get one.

Would be a great item to get signed at the 98 Celebration night. 

If I remember correctly the Olympic kit that could be purchased over the counter had a heat pressed badge, but the cup final winners commemorative jersey has an embroidered badge

im prepared to be corrected.

4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Not sure why they don't have any close up pics of the badge and text under it. 

Certainly doesn't look embroidered looks more like some kind of heat press flock. Hard to tell. Will have to see this up close in the shop if I am to get one.

Would be a great item to get signed at the 98 Celebration night. 

queensferryjambo
22 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If I remember correctly the Olympic kit that could be purchased over the counter had a heat pressed badge, but the cup final winners commemorative jersey has an embroidered badge

im prepared to be corrected.

Yes you are correct. The heat pressed had a felt / flock coating on them. 

I posted pics of the commemorative one earlier in this thread but don't have a picture of the normal club shop one.