Horse Racing

Armageddon

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Rocco_Jambo said:

Saying horse racing would cease to exist without gambling and it turns out you have lived in a country for 6 years where horse racing thrives as a sport and gambling is illegal. I'd say that shows a vast degree of ignorance on the topic.

I'm thinking your coupon didn't come up this week. Either that you're inappropriately attracted to equine beings.

21 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Don't do much matched betting at all these days, you need to diversify if your want to stay in it longer term. 

Send me a pm please if you have any info on how I start this process please.  Always interested in screwing the bookies mate 

Rocco_Jambo
1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

I'm thinking your coupon didn't come up this week. Either that you're inappropriately attracted to equine beings.

1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Yes that's right. The fact that you have no clue what you are talking about and I've explained why it must mean that either my coupon didn't come in or I have an attraction for horses. 

3 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I think the quality of Horse racing would drop dramatically as money for top of the range horse breeding and training would cease due to lack of funding.  However to say that horse racing would cease to exist totally is wrong imo. There are many people who follow horse racing for the enjoyment rather than just as a purely money making enterprise. 

Anyways, even if gambling was made illegal it would still exist but be driven underground. They would still have a massive influence over horse racing. 

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Yes that's right. The fact that you have no clue what you are talking about and I've explained why it must mean that either my coupon didn't come in or I have an attraction for horses. 

Take it easy wee man. It's simply a difference of opinion. 

Are you naive enough to think that folk don't bet on racing in the Emirates? I'd ''wager'' it's as lucrative there as anywhere. Betting may be banned in the Emirates, betting on outcomes there are not.

Horse racing would diminish, if not die completely if not for gambling. True story.

Do you also think the Middle East is dry?

Edited by New York Fleapit

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

I think the quality of Horse racing would drop dramatically as money for top of the range horse breeding and training would cease due to lack of funding.  However to say that horse racing would cease to exist totally is wrong imo. There are many people who follow horse racing for the enjoyment rather than just as a purely money making enterprise. 

Anyways, even if gambling was made illegal it would still exist but be driven underground. They would still have a massive influence over horse racing. 

Aye, that's a good point mate. 

Rocco_Jambo
3 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Take it easy wee man. It's simply a difference of opinion. 

Are you naive enough to think that folk don't bet on racing in the Emirates? I'd ''wager'' it's as lucrative there as anywhere. Betting may be banned in the Emirates, betting on outcomes there are not.

Horse racing would diminish, if not die completely if not for gambling. True story.

Do you also think the Middle East is dry?

'Wee man"? Is this some kind of condescending thing you do to try and make your self feel better and avoid actually addressing people's points?

This is what you said

"Well. Another way of looking at it is if gambling were banned on horse racing, it'd die".

That's patently untrue as can be seen from the UAE.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

'Wee man"? Is this some kind of condescending thing you do to try and make your self feel better and avoid actually addressing people's points?

This is what you said

"Well. Another way of looking at it is if gambling were banned on horse racing, it'd die".

That's patently untrue as can be seen from the UAE.

:notsure:

Geoff the Mince

Anyway Willie Mullins trained 6 out of the 7 winners in Punchestown today .

1 hour ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Anyway Willie Mullins trained 6 out of the 7 winners in Punchestown today .

Should have only been 5. ****ing Blast of Koeman.

Geoff the Mince
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Should have only been 5. ****ing Blast of Koeman.

Yeah  it was cruising until bad jump at the last  :laugh:

A day at the races is a good day out. Picking winners is an added bonus.

Some people will pay more to go to a football match than some will pay to go to the races, including their bets. A day at a theme park will cost a lot more than a day at the races and it is guaranteed you'll get no returns there!

Each to their own, Hypothesis is irrelevant, fun is much better.

4 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Very bizarre incident  

Townend claiming he heard a shout to bypass the fence which is incredibly strange. 

Considering he's been WM's number 2 jockey for a decade, calls deliberately losing the race are ridiculous. 

Geoff the Mince
20 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Townend claiming he heard a shout to bypass the fence which is incredibly strange. 

Considering he's been WM's number 2 jockey for a decade, calls deliberately losing the race are ridiculous. 

I agree ,  I'd imagine all sorts are shouted at them on a regular basis which quite rightly are ignored .

However on this occasion I'd like to hear why he decided to take the action he did .

very strange . 

• 4 years later...
Fxxx the SPFL

APOLOGIES BUT CAN'T FIND A MORE UP TO DATE THREAD BUT A COUPLE OF HEARTS THEMED HORSES RUNNING AT WOLVERHAMPTON TONIGHT.

16.20 SIX O' HEARTS

20.20 BUSBY

THESE ARE NOT TIPS SO I DON'T WANT SHOT DOWN I KNOW FA ABOUT HORSES

Malinga the Swinga

After annual outing to Musselburgh racing, followed by visit to Betfred via Scotties, I have managed to come away about £30 or so up, which after admission and drinks, is not a bad effort.

Did back 6 o Hearts but it ran absolute shocker.

Musselburgh quietest I have seen it for ages. £45 for New Years dat meeting seems steep and will be giving it a miss.

Jeffros Furios
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

After annual outing to Musselburgh racing, followed by visit to Betfred via Scotties, I have managed to come away about £30 or so up, which after admission and drinks, is not a bad effort.

Did back 6 o Hearts but it ran absolute shocker.

Musselburgh quietest I have seen it for ages. £45 for New Years dat meeting seems steep and will be giving it a miss.

The horse which won for a 4 timer was impressive .. had a couple of winners .

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The horse which won for a 4 timer was impressive .. had a couple of winners .

Only had the one winner at Musselburgh but had two decent winners at Linfield at 9/1 and 11/2 so these along with a couple of dif wins paid for day.

Always a good day out and for small fields, there was good racing on view.

Fxxx the SPFL
7 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

APOLOGIES BUT CAN'T FIND A MORE UP TO DATE THREAD BUT A COUPLE OF HEARTS THEMED HORSES RUNNING AT WOLVERHAMPTON TONIGHT.

16.20 SIX O' HEARTS

20.20 BUSBY

THESE ARE NOT TIPS SO I DON'T WANT SHOT DOWN I KNOW FA ABOUT HORSES

Wish I’d put a bet on Busby glad some of you had a bet up

• 2 weeks later...