• shaun.lawson

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Lazio need a goal to take it to extra time

Sporting need a goal to do the same

Leipzig need a goal to take it extra time

wouldn't a goal for leipzig put them through on away goals?

26 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

This has been a superb week for european football, cant remember the last time I enjoyed so many games in a week.

Correct. :thumb:

A great game in Manchester, an unbelievable comeback in Rome, an almost unbelievable comeback in Madrid...

Great stuff.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
6 hours ago, VALDOS said:

This has been a superb week for european football, cant remember the last time I enjoyed so many games in a week.

Agreed. Even the Europa League games were first class. 

Stephane Grappelli
On 11 April 2018 at 22:46, shaun.lawson said:

I hate Real Madrid. Loathe them. I think they stand for practically everything wrong in modern football. But that was a penalty - and Buffon cannot react like that. 

I dunno what anyone else thought, but into the 93rd minute, you could sense something massive was about to happen. And it did. It's gutwrenching for Juve, devastating - but y'know, don't lose 3-0 at home in the first leg, boys!

Fingers crossed someone can stop Madrid. Bunch of wankers, the lot of them. 

This is just makes it even sweeter.

Clear penalty.

Well done to Madrid for finding a way to win although they should have been 5 up from the first leg.

Fair play to Ronaldo for keeping his cool, holding his nerve and lashing the penalty into the top corner.

Shocking gamesmanship from Juve too. Disgraceful.

Stephane Grappelli
On 11 April 2018 at 22:45, jonnothejambo said:

Never a penalty in a million years. 

Slavering shortarsed twat Owen says it's 'just a penalty.'

Owen ex Real Madrid player. 

Oliver bottled it. Wank.

He was there for one season and has a grudge against the club because he felt he should have had more games.  Certainly not your typical biased ex player.

Also, he was one of the ones leaping round the studio when Barça fought back against PSG last season.

Stephane Grappelli
On 11 April 2018 at 23:10, Morgan said:

It was a penalty.

Soft, but a definite penalty.

Juve have had more, much more, than their fair share of the rub of the green over the decades so, feck them.

Well said sir!

John Findlay
41 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Having reviewed the incident on multiple occasions, I would like to say that I can see why it was given. 

Even I can be wrong sometimes. 

However, I do wonder if it would have been given had the incident occurred at the other end.

Personally, I doubt it. 

This.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Liverpool would have been better getting one of the other two as they tend to do well when counter attacking. 

Roma v Bayern final for me.

Roma winning it would be good, can't see past ze Germans tho.

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the draw for the euorpa semis has been made, 

arsenal v atletico madrid

marseille v rb salzberg

That's Arsenal out then. 

The Marseille Leipzig game was a cracker last night 

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, benny said:

Horrible season for Italian football at international and domestic level comes down to Roma to save face.

Cannot see it myself.

Think it's getting stronger all the time, due to them giving youth a chance and not past it players on inflated wages. Inter are a superb team, although losing Icardi, which looks very likely, would be huge for them.

Edited by rudi must stay

Probably not the semi finalists most would have predicted even back in December. 

Maybe Bayern. 

So that's good. 

Wee Jupp gonnae royally **** things up for the new bayern coach by going and winning everything before he gets in the door :jjyay:

Deja vu

Edited by VALDOS

shaun.lawson
17 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

This is just makes it even sweeter.

Imagine liking Real Madrid. :facepalm: Rooting for Real Madrid is like rooting for the house in blackjack.

14 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the draw for the euorpa semis has been made, 

arsenal v atletico madrid

marseille v rb salzberg

Wenger just one semi-final from either saving his job or going out in glory, cos the winners of Arsenal-Atleti will surely win the final.

11 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Roma v Bayern final for me.

Liverpool v Bayern methinks, with Bayern winning. 

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Inter are a superb team

:rofl:

Oh, Rudi. 

Samuel Camazzola

It was reported this week that UEFA will issue 40 medals to the winning team. If Liverpool were to win it, Coutinho is eligible for a medal. Klopp is the one who decides who the medals would be distributed to so I'd imagine the players registered in squads for group games then knock out rounds would be given one along with coaching staff, medical, kit team etc... 

I can see Klopp offering one to Coutinho but if it was you, would you accept it? I couldn't accept it even though I was moving to another team and would have no further input on the competition. 

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Imagine liking Real Madrid. :facepalm: Rooting for Real Madrid is like rooting for the house in blackjack.

Wenger just one semi-final from either saving his job or going out in glory, cos the winners of Arsenal-Atleti will surely win the final.

Liverpool v Bayern methinks, with Bayern winning. 

:rofl:

Oh, Rudi. 

See them a few weeks ago v Sampdoria? Sublime, as I say though, selling Icardi and Perisic (rumours he's off to Man Utd, which as a team I have a soft spot for I'd love) would set them back, I would say they are both irreplaceable for Inter right now

Edited by rudi must stay

21 hours ago, benny said:

Horrible season for Italian football at international and domestic level comes down to Roma to save face.

Cannot see it myself.

Not as bad as 2015/16.

First time in 15 years that no Italian team got by the quarters in Euro competitions.

Roma have a good chance of reaching the final at least.

I hope they win it, personally.

I was brought up in Scotland where Real Madrid were still lauded and respected following the great Hampden final of 1960.

It's clear early influences stay with you. I always back Real Madrid. Great team. Zidane is brilliant too. 

Fair enough to people more proritising Spanish politics and history. Just watch out for what you might not know about your own favourites. 

8 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It was reported this week that UEFA will issue 40 medals to the winning team. If Liverpool were to win it, Coutinho is eligible for a medal. Klopp is the one who decides who the medals would be distributed to so I'd imagine the players registered in squads for group games then knock out rounds would be given one along with coaching staff, medical, kit team etc... 

I can see Klopp offering one to Coutinho but if it was you, would you accept it? I couldn't accept it even though I was moving to another team and would have no further input on the competition. 

Strangely Coutinho leaving might have helped Liverpool.

Certainly not missed. 

Stephane Grappelli
13 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Och, not at all.  That's a rather miserable, and inaccurate, way of looking at it.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was brought up in Scotland where Real Madrid were still lauded and respected following the great Hampden final of 1960.

It's clear early influences stay with you. I always back Real Madrid. Great team. Zidane is brilliant too. 

Fair enough to people more proritising Spanish politics and history. Just watch out for what you might not know about your own favourites. 

This.  Growing up I heard about that Madrid team and always had a thing for Madrid and Spain as a result.  

Very good point about what people might not know about their own club too.

Stephane Grappelli
On 13 April 2018 at 09:09, jonnothejambo said:

Having reviewed the incident on multiple occasions, I would like to say that I can see why it was given. 

Even I can be wrong sometimes. 

However, I do wonder if it would have been given had the incident occurred at the other end.

Personally, I doubt it. 

On 13 April 2018 at 09:51, John Findlay said:

This.

Yes, the officials were definitely on Madrid's side.  That's why they disallowed Isco's goal in the first half, which would have killed the tie, for a very marginal offside.

Utter nonsense chaps.

35 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Yes, the officials were definitely on Madrid's side.  That's why they disallowed Isco's goal in the first half, which would have killed the tie, for a very marginal offside.

Utter nonsense chaps.

Thought there was a wee bit confusion in your reply SG. I’m pretty sure Jonno was admitting it was a penalty but maybe it’s me who’s picked him up wrong :lol:

24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ach away and play wi yer fiddle...

:wink:

Typical response :wink:

Stephane Grappelli
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ach away and play wi yer fiddle...

:wink:

Are you giving me the elbow? ;)

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Thought there was a wee bit confusion in your reply SG. I’m pretty sure Jonno was admitting it was a penalty but maybe it’s me who’s picked him up wrong :lol:

Typical response :wink:

You're right Morgan! I hadn't noticed Jonno saying that it was a penalty.

In my defence, it doesn't take much to confuse me.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Merci Perry Mason...

Mon plaisir. 

To be fair though to Steph, he wouldn’t deliberately be awkward - he’s just mis-read your post. 

Perry xx

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Are you giving me the elbow? ;)

You're right Morgan! I hadn't noticed Jonno saying that it was a penalty.

In my defence, it doesn't take much to confuse me.

Too harsh on yourself Mr GG! :) 

Hope you’re good mate?

Stephane Grappelli
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Mon plaisir. 

To be fair though to Steph, he wouldn’t deliberately be awkward - he’s just mis-read your post. 

Perry xx

Too harsh on yourself Mr GG! :) 

Hope you’re good mate?

Cheers mate!

I'm grand thanks, yourself?

8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Spanish Fiddle. 

El bow. 

:phface:

If you liked that one I've got a bagful!

• 2 weeks later...

Chance missed by Firmino..but who knows if he was offside or not given the linespersons flag is in 2 pieces

Roma will be a hard tie and I don't thing this will be settled in the first leg

Liverpool have nothing to fear but lets not kid ourselves a side that beat Barcelona 3-0 is not a bad side

Tennant's  6's
23 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

Anyone got a link?

on the modbro app if you've got that.

genius goal. proper postage stamp!