Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

chester copperpot
11 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

The current signings are horrid. It says it all when I still would want Cowie to be starting. I would be happy with the attack and defence as it is. We need a new GK, an entire new midfield and RB and LB. 

So, you're no happy with the defence then? Make up your mind. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think what you are trying to say is that you don't have a ****ing clue but you'll go ahead and criticise anyway.

You are a genius with hindsight and seem to have forgotten that a Callachan aberration put us out, or certainly helped, of the Scottish Cup.

I want Hearts to be better than Hibs, Rangers & Aberdeen next season challenging Celtic but i just have no confidence in the way Levein goes about his business. I don't want to hear about if's and but's i want to hear about positive signings. 

Morgaro Gomis
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I want Hearts to be better than Hibs, Rangers & Aberdeen next season challenging Celtic but i just have no confidence in the way Levein goes about his business. I don't want to hear about if's and but's i want to hear about positive signings. 

Possibly best to wait until the transfer window opens then mate.

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think what you are trying to say is that you don't have a ****ing clue but you'll go ahead and criticise anyway.

You are a genius with hindsight and seem to have forgotten that a Callachan aberration put us out, or certainly helped, of the Scottish Cup.

One mistake and he is bombed out? Glad we never treated Rousset like that.

How about we coach him - i guarantee he will never do anything as stupid as that again - and get him playing in a role he is comfortable in. We are playing defenders in midfield because we just give up on guys like Callachan and Martin. The last few games was exactly the time to be playing guys who we will want to play a role next season.

57 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

No else wants that Mitch - just you.

It will take time and money.  Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen have not been building a new stand, the cost of which might otherwise have gone on better players but you already know that.  The eventual cost will be something around £15m and if even 1/3rd of that had been available for players. it would have made a big difference.

Edited by JamboAl

maidstonejambo
28 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

One mistake and he is bombed out? Glad we never treated Rousset like that.

How about we coach him - i guarantee he will never do anything as stupid as that again - and get him playing in a role he is comfortable in. We are playing defenders in midfield because we just give up on guys like Callachan and Martin. The last few games was exactly the time to be playing guys who we will want to play a role next season.

To be fair it was quite a big mistake. One that unnecessarily put us on the back foot early on in what we all acknowledge was a key game for us, perhaps the most important game of our season. Aside from that, have we really seen anything from Ross to suggest he's got what it takes to be a decent player for us? I'm not sure we have. I suspect his time with us might be up come the close season.

God only knows what Martin's done to be completely frozen out, but I suspect there's more to it than him just not being Levein's kind of player.

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, maidstonejambo said:

To be fair it was quite a big mistake. One that unnecessarily put us on the back foot early on in what we all acknowledge was a key game for us, perhaps the most important game of our season. Aside from that, have we really seen anything from Ross to suggest he's got what it takes to be a decent player for us? I'm not sure we have. I suspect his time with us might be up come the close season.

God only knows what Martin's done to be completely frozen out, but I suspect there's more to it than him just not being Levein's kind of player.

Yeah i know, he's clearly not brilliant but i definitely feel he could be more useful than our current midfield choices at times. Also, to be fair to Ross, he has got himself into some decent scoring positions.

No idea what the problem with Martin is but clearly more to it than his footballing ability and it's an expensive stance to take with him.

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah i know, he's clearly not brilliant but i definitely feel he could be more useful than our current midfield choices at times. Also, to be fair to Ross, he has got himself into some decent scoring positions.

No idea what the problem with Martin is but clearly more to it than his footballing ability and it's an expensive stance to take with him.

Getting shot of Martin is an absolute priority 

maidstonejambo
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

True. Seeing Cowie and Smith named as our midfield two against Aberdeen was disheartening to say the least, regardless of the circumstances that brought it about. Both solid pros and I think they have a role to play in the squad next season but let's hope our recruitment in the summer means we don't ever have to see the likes of that again. 

4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Getting shot of Martin is an absolute priority 

Has to be. Maybe that's why the full story about him isn't in the public domain - we're working hard to move him on and don't want any negative stories about him putting other potential employers off?

Lucille's Thirsty
5 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

So, you're no happy with the defence then? Make up your mind. 

Did you even read my post? Where did I say I wasn’t happy with the defence? 

Happy for the defence to stay as it is and the attack. We need a new GK with McLaughlin going. First read my post correctly before having a little tantrum CC.

chester copperpot
Just now, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Did you even read my post? Where did I say I wasn’t happy with the defence? 

Happy for the defence to stay as it is and the attack. We need a new GK with McLaughlin going. First read my post correctly before having a little tantrum CC.

Was just having a wee dig pal, ignore me, I'm not well and being a dick today!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Guy I know spoke to Martin at training. There is no fall out, other than we wont play him, and he is happy to be the model pro, whilst being under contract. Personally I think he is a bit unlucky, he was not great but capable enough of getting a couple of games in.  Just football politics, one thing I don't agree with Levein, I'm not a freezer outer, you may as well maximise an asset whilst you have it. You never know what may change

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It will take time and money.  Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen have not been building a new stand, the cost of which might otherwise have gone on better players but you already know that.  The eventual cost will be something around £15m and if even 1/3rd of that had been available for players. it would have made a big difference.

More excuses to cover up failure on the pitch. This league isn't the best and we're 6th who is happy with that. Even Kilmarnock are above us. Yes we are underperforming bigtime. You talk about money well Killie are skint Motherwell put us out the Scottish Cup and they're hardly rolling in money. Like i said more excuses. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

More excuses to cover up failure on the pitch. This league isn't the best and we're 6th who is happy with that. Even Kilmarnock are above us. Yes we are underperforming bigtime. You talk about money well Killie are skint Motherwell put us out the Scottish Cup and they're hardly rolling in money. Like i said more excuses. 

Motherwell also put Aberdeen out of the cup twice, and they are even richer than us. Things need to get better Mitch, I agree,, and a couple of decent signings will help with that. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Motherwell also put Aberdeen out of the cup twice, and they are even richer than us. Things need to get better Mitch, I agree,, and a couple of decent signings will help with that. 

Would question Aberdeen being richer than us Dave 

OK so it's just my imagination that we have spent money on a new stand that might have been available for better players.

What matters financially is the amount of disposable income available and unless you have intimate knowledge of the financial affairs of these other clubs then your argument is somewhat diluted.

Even if however you are right, you are then making the assumption that the less skint a club is, the higher they should finish in the league every season.  If that is correct I am going to trawl the internet to get details of the financial situations of all of the clubs in all of the divisions and get myself along to Ladbrokes to bet on the certainties for each league in Scotland and England.  If I have time I might then turn my attention to the Italian and Spanish leagues and soon I'll be a millionaire.

Edited by JamboAl

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would question Aberdeen being richer than us Dave 

I think you’ll find they pay the third highest in the the spl and have a bigger turnover than us, at present.  

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You know Dave it's not all about money as Clarke has proved at Killie. All i want is  Hearts to be is the best they can be with a leader/manager we can all get behind and get a team together that we can be proud of. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think you’ll find they pay the third highest in the the spl and have a bigger turnover than us, at present.  

Yeah because we putting money into new stand at present 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Guy I know spoke to Martin at training. There is no fall out, other than we wont play him, and he is happy to be the model pro, whilst being under contract. Personally I think he is a bit unlucky, he was not great but capable enough of getting a couple of games in.  Just football politics, one thing I don't agree with Levein, I'm not a freezer outer, you may as well maximise an asset whilst you have it. You never know what may change

Martin was totally wrong for our game. Wanting way too much time on the ball, no I think Levein has been absolutely right not to play him. Also the crowd had turned on Martin and I reckon if you brought him or played him you'd get a negative reaction, and when that happens it usually affects players performances for the worse

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If you take emotion out of it, I would say they are the last team we want to finish 2nd. Rangers will spunk it, and I would imagine we could make up the cash on Hibs, another 2nd helps Aberdeen retain a status and financial gain. Having them finish 4th is preferable, I feel dirty but Rangers doing the best may have less impact on impetus for all of those 3

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Martin is hardly an asset to have. 

Hopefully shift him on in the summer and get him off the wage bill.

soonbe110
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You know Dave it's not all about money as Clarke has proved at Killie. All i want is  Hearts to be is the best they can be with a leader/manager we can all get behind and get a team together that we can be proud of. 

The majority share the same hopes and support Levein as Manager. Why cant the minority get on board then we would have a happy ship? Sounds simple  but the utopia you are after is unachievable. 

rip van tinkle
9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Hibs did build a stand though, bought cheap sheite players and eventually got relegated 

20 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

Hibs did build a stand though, bought cheap sheite players and eventually got relegated 

They still haven't finished paying STF back yet either

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think you make a fair point about RC. I think it has been  a massive step up but he has shown a fair bit of promise particularly making the runs you refer to. I hope he doesn't become the next whipping boy.

As for Martin, he just doesn't look like he is fit enough for this level to me. I suspect the club have been honest with him as they usually are under this regime but he has decided he will only move on  his own terms. Speculation on my part I have no idea.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Seems to have quiet on the rumour front apart from paper talk

Yeah unfortunately so

Speculation last year that Cadden of Motherwell might be coming.  Wonder if he's on the radar.  Is he good enough?

Really hope he gets an SC winnets medal.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Speculation last year that Cadden of Motherwell might be coming.  Wonder if he's on the radar.  Is he good enough?

Evening Flash :whistling:

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I like what I've seen from him. Not an incredible talent but he's a consistent player who puts in good quality set pieces

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Evening Flash :whistling:

Morning Morgan.  How's it hanging?  Hanging like a donkey here.  A big stinky donkey that looks like McGinn.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Morning Morgan.  How's it hanging?  Hanging like a donkey here.  A big stinky donkey that looks like McGinn.

Hanging well here Doug.

Don't need to hear about the donkey though :lol:

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

The majority share the same hopes and support Levein as Manager. Why cant the minority get on board then we would have a happy ship? Sounds simple  but the utopia you are after is unachievable. 

Because of a poll on JKB by diehards, who to be fair is a good thing, i believe the ordinary fan doesn't want the present management. We could be doing much better than the wee team who have just came up from the Championship with a management that can bond a team that wins and challenges for the top end of the SPL.

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Agreed. I think he could have been useful this season. 

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Because of a poll on JKB by diehards, who to be fair is a good thing, i believe the ordinary fan doesn't want the present management. We could be doing much better than the wee team who have just came up from the Championship with a management that can bond a team that wins and challenges for the top end of the SPL.

You proved my point. We are all entitled to our opinion. Fortunately they will never all be the same.  Your  dream for Hearts and their support  ensures you will always have something to moan about. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You proved my point. We are all entitled to our opinion. Fortunately they will never all be the same.  Your  dream for Hearts and their support  ensures you will always have something to moan about. 

Moan ! ME ! Never.......Never accept mediocre when you know your team can be better. I'd stick that on the managers door to remind him the massive responsibility he has to the best supporters in the land.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Moan ! ME ! Never.......Never accept mediocre when you know your team can be better. I'd stick that on the managers door to remind him the massive responsibility he has to the best supporters in the land.

It's amazing the extent that some will try to go to in order to defend utter shite 

You see it on here in spades 

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

It's amazing the extent that some will try to go to in order to defend utter shite 

You see it on here in spades 

Back to the norm with petulance when someone doesn't share your view.

Now you are defending Mitch so I'll just say that's a terrible way to describe him.  You should apologise.

Unknown user
11 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

We know he's been told he's not Levein's type - my take is that he's a quarterback midfielder, he'll spray the ball about from his fairly static central position, while Levein's type of midfielder is dynamic, full of running - think Hartley or adao.

I don't think it's anything more cynical than he was the type Cathro wanted but there's no room for him in Levein's style. 

Re cadden, we put in a cheeky bid for him last summer didn't we?

6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Let me just ask the boy in the pool?.....Nope he knows hee haw

WP_20180503_16_55_56_Pro.jpg

Ha well played 

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

We know he's been told he's not Levein's type - my take is that he's a quarterback midfielder, he'll spray the ball about from his fairly static central position, while Levein's type of midfielder is dynamic, full of running - think Hartley or adao.

I don't think it's anything more cynical than he was the type Cathro wanted but there's no room for him in Levein's style. 

If so, it just seems to be over-thinking it from Levein. 

Anyone who who would rather play full backs in midfield than midfielders deserves to be under pressure. 

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If so, it just seems to be over-thinking it from Levein. 

Anyone who who would rather play full backs in midfield than midfielders deserves to be under pressure. 

That's what I was thinking. We got into top six games were a free hit, try boys out have a pop. We went same old same old.

If Levein thinks Martin isn't good enough fair enough, but when we are short in that area I'm not sure how guys out of position can be much better. 

Put Martin in we lose it vindicated Leveins assessment if he is garbage. But if he comes in does ok we are still paying him after all it makes him easier to move on or you may decide in the medium term whilst under contract this guy supplement s the squad..

2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

That's what I was thinking. We got into top six games were a free hit, try boys out have a pop. We went same old same old.

If Levein thinks Martin isn't good enough fair enough, but when we are short in that area I'm not sure how guys out of position can be much better. 

Put Martin in we lose it vindicated Leveins assessment if he is garbage. But if he comes in does ok we are still paying him after all it makes him easier to move on or you may decide in the medium term whilst under contract this guy supplement s the squad..

Problem Levein has on this is that he asked Budge to commit to this particular player on a 42 month contract 

Martin will be a higher earner in the squad. Much the same as Oshinawa. For neither to play a single minute of first team football in an entire season whilst fit and available is staggering 

There is not another club in the league who have not played one of their highest paid players in a whole season 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Smithee said:

We did. Probably better described as derisory than cheeky but hey ho :)

GorgieRules22

Have any of the usual itk guys mentioned Ikpeazu,Mclean,Burns etc ?? Can’t mind seeing it if they did.