Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

colinmaroon
5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What sitter did we miss? 

Laffertys one? That’s the only one I can think you mean but it wasn’t a sitter I thought it was not a bad strike and the keeper made a good save. 

He hit the ball straight at him from bang in front of and the middle of the goal after a perfectly placed and weighted pass.

It was a sitter!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

HE WAS JUST BACK FROM INJURY! 

Is that loud enough for you Mr Agenda-Driven - are you related to the Green Spotted Tit Warbler by any chance?

The team that was out there yesterday should have seen the job done but, as Gary MacKay said, they looked like they weren't up for it and, if you think Levein is responsible for that, you're a bigger buttock than I know you are.  The players were at fault, including those who should have been more influential; poor first touches, poor passes, poor crosses and that's Adao, Naismith, Lafferty, Cowie.

Sitter missed - I suppose that was Levein's fault!!!

Goalkeeper who otherwise had a good game, allows Dundee player to bundle in a cross from 2 yards in the 6 yard box, with Berra caught napping; that was all  Levein's fault as well, of course.

True, players take responsibility in everyway and aspect of their game but who's working with them, refining them and shaping them on a system, style and mentality week in week out? The manager and coaches.

The same things happen with the same players quite a lot. The manager either empties them because they aren't good enough to improve, enforces his will and expertise on them to do better and they respond , or the manager can't see it and needs to go himself. 

Escobar PHM
16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

True, players take responsibility in everyway and aspect of their game but who's working with them, refining them and shaping them on a system, style and mentality week in week out? The manager and coaches.

The same things happen with the same players quite a lot. The manager either empties them because they aren't good enough to improve, enforces his will and expertise on them to do better and they respond , or the manager can't see it and needs to go himself. 

Forgetting the technical coaching side and the preferred tactics for a minute, the very least you expect from a Hearts team properly managed is that there is a bit of togetherness and a lot of spirit and determination taken on to the park. That begins and ends with the manager/coaching staff. As you said, if it’s not there you have to question the management first. If your 100% happy with what the coaching. Staff are doing in that regard  then you have to question the players and see the manager shipping out players who are just here for a wage, or not signing them in the first place. Either way, if we have an application problem, it’s down to the manager to identify it and fix it or get out and leave it to someone who can put a team on the park that, as a starting point, turns up for every game in a manner befitting the club

37 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Forgetting the technical coaching side and the preferred tactics for a minute, the very least you expect from a Hearts team properly managed is that there is a bit of togetherness and a lot of spirit and determination taken on to the park. That begins and ends with the manager/coaching staff. As you said, if it’s not there you have to question the management first. If your 100% happy with what the coaching. Staff are doing in that regard  then you have to question the players and see the manager shipping out players who are just here for a wage, or not signing them in the first place. Either way, if we have an application problem, it’s down to the manager to identify it and fix it or get out and leave it to someone who can put a team on the park that, as a starting point, turns up for every game in a manner befitting the club

From I read of CL's quotes I get the impression that's just what he will be doing in the summer but of course contracts may prevent him from a "catch all" situation.  It may take more than window which means so will their replacements.

If/when he does effect a big clear clear out there are many who will come on here and weep about the high turnover of players.

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

From I read of CL's quotes I get the impression that's just what he will be doing in the summer but of course contracts may prevent him from a "catch all" situation.  It may take more than window which means so will their replacements.

If/when he does effect a big clear clear out there are many who will come on here and weep about the high turnover of players.

So wait a minute, he's planning to ship out under achievers and recruit up to 10 players.  Any idea who the under achievers are...not Prince Buaben evidently , as he continues to wax lyrical about him. Some garbage about "being brave" wanting the ball...what ? A professional footballer wanting the ball?? Whatever next?  Not the youngsters obviously..so who?  Given most of our best players are loanees or are likely to leave (McLaughlin) that could mean a complete turnover of players....while our finances are tightly constrained!!! There is so much about the club just now and the statements that come out from management that, quite simply, make no sense at all.

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So wait a minute, he's planning to ship out under achievers and recruit up to 10 players.  Any idea who the under achievers are...not Prince Buaben evidently , as he continues to wax lyrical about him. Some garbage about "being brave" wanting the ball...what ? A professional footballer wanting the ball?? Whatever next?  Not the youngsters obviously..so who?  Given most of our best players are loanees or are likely to leave (McLaughlin) that could mean a complete turnover of players....while our finances are tightly constrained!!! There is so much about the club just now and the statements that come out from management that, quite simply, make no sense at all.

I didn't exactly say that he was shipping out under achievers.  I said MY IMPRESSION was that he would do that, subject to contractual restraints.  Simply my interpretation of what he has been quoted as saying.  I do not know who the under achievers in question are but I'm sure you and the other regular moaners will readily identify them.

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Hibs light years ahead is the best one. Take 3 years to get promoted, compared to our one, and after promotion they basically do the same as we did when we got promoted, except they very possibly won't get into Europe. But yeah, light years ahead.... could their form possibly because they haven't had 3 manager changes, and the squad upheaval that goes along with that, in the space of a year?

The solution to that is clearly another manager change. Geniuses.

Yup.

Imagine we got beat yesterday....

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

He hit the ball straight at him from bang in front of and the middle of the goal after a perfectly placed and weighted pass.

It was a sitter!

Your a hard man Colin.

He should have done better, yes.

A bit better direction into a corner.

Decent save, not a sitter.

I am not Lafferty's biggest fan.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your a hard man Colin.

Difficult chance to take and a good save. Should hsve had a penalty though. ?

4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

HE WAS JUST BACK FROM INJURY! 

Is that loud enough for you Mr Agenda-Driven - are you related to the Green Spotted Tit Warbler by any chance?

The team that was out there yesterday should have seen the job done but, as Gary MacKay said, they looked like they weren't up for it and, if you think Levein is responsible for that, you're a bigger buttock than I know you are.  The players were at fault, including those who should have been more influential; poor first touches, poor passes, poor crosses and that's Adao, Naismith, Lafferty, Cowie.

Sitter missed - I suppose that was Levein's fault!!!

Goalkeeper who otherwise had a good game, allows Dundee player to bundle in a cross from 2 yards in the 6 yard box, with Berra caught napping; that was all  Levein's fault as well, of course.

So it's the players fault? If so then the question is why is levein wanting to sign 2 of the 4 you  mentioned and gave cowie a years extension.. it's cause he rates them ..

Naismith has been a complete waste of money 

colinmaroon
9 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your a hard man Colin.

If I had done that, at my low level of ability, notwithstanding I'm almost 71 years of age, hard luck but, he is a professional footballer, a goal scoring forward, therefore, that was for him, a sitter.

Edited by colinmaroon

colinmaroon
7 hours ago, jambocub said:

So it's the players fault? If so then the question is why is levein wanting to sign 2 of the 4 you  mentioned and gave cowie a years extension.. it's cause he rates them ..

Naismith has been a complete waste of money 

I still maintain that the players scored early and "sat back" mentally, becoming lackadaisical in their approach to the game and, players who ARE good players, performed well below the standard they should have been playing to.   If Adao, Cowie, Lafferty and Naismith, plus Berra, had been up to scratch, we would have won that game, but that's football, it happens.  To blame Levein for it is going too far but then, it suits the agenda, doesn't it?

sandylejambo
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

I still maintain that the players scored early and "sat back" mentally, becoming lackadaisical in their approach to the game and, players who ARE good players, performed well below the standard they should have been playing to.   If Adao, Cowie, Lafferty and Naismith, plus Berra, had been up to scratch, we would have won that game, but that's football, it happens.  To blame Levein for it is going too far but then, it suits the agenda, doesn't it?

But this is not a new thing with our players, not being up for away games seems to be the normal thing for us, no lessons learned and no change, I don't think Levein wants this but he can't seem to do anything about it and that's a fare bit of a managers job.

Guess The Crowd

If I had done that, at my low level of ability, notwithstanding I'm almost 71 years of age, hard luck but, he is a professional footballer, a goal scoring forward, therefore, that was for him, a sitter.

71? Isn't that the age of another recent poster on here? (Not comparing you of course!)

What agenda ? Like any other manager I'll judge him on results 

Which to state the obvious are nowhere near good enough

sandylejambo

Remember Butcher told his players that most of them were not going to be there the next season, they stopped trying and got relegated. Levein just might have shot himself in the foot by telling everyone he plans to sign practically a whole team for next season, motivation seems lacking in our mob and that is Leveins fault, no matter how good you think he is, the players are just not up for some games

colinmaroon
19 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

71? Isn't that the age of another recent poster on here? (Not comparing you of course!)

Was that the Green Spotted Tit Warbler, or am I mistaken; after all, my age and all that?

14 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

they looked like they weren't up for it and, if you think Levein is responsible for that, 

Something we were promised wouldn't happen under Levein, just like we were promised(by JKB) we would never Go to Easter Road and be outplayed/outfought.

Happens too many times.

What has gone wrong?

Why is it never anything to do with Levein?

On 01/04/2018 at 21:46, socrates82 said:

Hibs light years ahead is the best one. Take 3 years to get promoted, compared to our one, and after promotion they basically do the same as we did when we got promoted, except they very possibly won't get into Europe. But yeah, light years ahead.... could their form possibly because they haven't had 3 manager changes, and the squad upheaval that goes along with that, in the space of a year?

The solution to that is clearly another manager change. Geniuses.

I would put it to you that they are competing in a better league after promotion that we did. Realistically who did we finish above in our first season back that you would not have expected?

They would love to play against us every week. That is the tragedy of what we have become.  

Budge has set a minimum target in the last 2 years of 4th place. We have failed miserably.  Make no mistake, Levein is or should be under big pressure to deliver next year.  As things stand today this squad has absolutely no chance of delivering a top 4 finish next year. Clearly there are changes planned, whether those proposed changes make us any better remains to be seen 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Something we were promised wouldn't happen under Levein, just like we were promised(by JKB) we would never Go to Easter Road and be outplayed/outfought.

Happens too many times.

What has gone wrong?

Why is it never anything to do with Levein?

The problem is that the completely over the top criticism of Levein forces the likes of myself to the other extreme.

There's no doubt that there are those who have a personal agenda against him and, when you add the interlopers on here to the mix, with their vitriolic stuff, then I'm sorry but I will err on the side of support until it's obvious, should that day come, that it really isn't working in short, medium or long-term 

Levein is our manager and I will support him as long as he is.

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The problem is that the completely over the top criticism of Levein forces the likes of myself to the other extreme.

There's no doubt that there are those who have a personal agenda against him and, when you add the interlopers on here to the mix, with their vitriolic stuff, then I'm sorry but I will err on the side of support until it's obvious, should that day come, that it really isn't working in short, medium or long-term 

Good grief 

:facepalm:

There is no doubt CL came in and steadied the ship and there is no doubt we are staring to  steadily regress again under him . 

Until he signs at least 3 ball playing midfielders with the correct mentality for Scottish football we wil continue to regress. 

There is not one and I mean one midfielder with the exception of possibly Adao worthy of a place in our Midfield atm. 

Bauben , Cowie , Callacan, Djoum ,Martin are nowhere near what's required in the boiler house . 

With the exception of  Godinho and Harry who really should be playing a cameo role next year the youngsterss are miles away , but still he throws them in randomly and inexplicably. 

If there is a wiff of  guys llike Hughes, Djoum , Prince etc getting any sort of extensions its the walk up route for me and many others probably . 

Edited by ramrod

Enzo Chiefo
31 minutes ago, ramrod said:

There is no doubt CL came in and steadied the ship and there is no doubt we are staring to  steadily regress again under him . 

Until he signs at least 3 ball playing midfielders with the correct mentality for Scottish football we wil continue to regress. 

There is not one and I mean one midfielder with the exception of possibly Adao worthy of a place in our Midfield atm. 

Bauben , Cowie , Callacan, Djoum ,Martin are nowhere near what's required in the boiler house . 

With the exception of  Godinho and Harry who really should be playing a cameo role next year the youngsterss are miles away , but still he throws them in randomly and inexplicably. 

If there is a wiff of  guys llike Hughes, Djoum , Prince etc getting any sort of extensions its the walk up route for me and many others probably . 

Great post. Randomly and inexplicably probably sums up the use of the youngsters this season. They won't be criticised by the fans but it's clear they are a long way from being ready to play regularly.  We do need an entire midfield next season and a style of play that does not see gaps of 30yards between them and a  target man up top.

• redm changed the title to Offers already made to 3 players
We_are_the_Hearts
34 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Great post. Randomly and inexplicably probably sums up the use of the youngsters this season. They won't be criticised by the fans but it's clear they are a long way from being ready to play regularly.  We do need an entire midfield next season and a style of play that does not see gaps of 30yards between them and a  target man up top.

You would think CL had an investment in these laddies at times.......oh wait!

12 hours ago, Highways and Byways said:

It was a poor attempt.

From that attempt it was a save I’d expect most keepers to make.

The problem was not missing a chance, we are not creating enough of them. Naismith could have played up front (where he should be) with Lafferty and Milinkovic playing off him and give the opposition something to defend. That option was available. I do not see why we cannot still be solid at the back by committing these three, as an example, to go and try and win the game. Even when setting up to keep things tight you must carry a threat. 

Jingle Bells

Lets hope Levein keeps to  Murray's standardised/preferred  Player Profile Manual when selecting the new players to sign.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Spencer said:

I would put it to you that they are competing in a better league after promotion that we did. Realistically who did we finish above in our first season back that you would not have expected?

They would love to play against us every week. That is the tragedy of what we have become.  

Budge has set a minimum target in the last 2 years of 4th place. We have failed miserably.  Make no mistake, Levein is or should be under big pressure to deliver next year.  As things stand today this squad has absolutely no chance of delivering a top 4 finish next year. Clearly there are changes planned, whether those proposed changes make us any better remains to be seen 

We should have buried that pathetic club in the cup, we should be consistently above them in the league and dominating them in derby matches...and yet, here we are, creaming it at the prospect of sharing a ******* shop with them, as if they are doing us a favour.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We should have buried that pathetic club in the cup, we should be consistently above them in the league and dominating them in derby matches...and yet, here we are, creaming it at the prospect of sharing a ******* shop with them, as if they are doing us a favour.

For thst one, both are dong each other a favour, if it ever comes off. 

All Out Attack
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Personal agenda against Levein, interlopers... Give us a break. 

Sorry to burst your bubble but Levein has managed to bring  all this criticism on himself due to his recent DOF and managerial record. 

I also very much doubt there are any interlopers at all in the regular posters here and even if there were, they would surely be wanting Levein to stay, with the mess he has made. 

To think we have a long close season ahead with the support bickering over the manager is really disappointing and bad for ticket sales. The club should have cut Levein loose, to allow us to all get fully behind a new regime. 

40 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

The club should have cut Levein loose, to allow us to all get fully behind a new regime. 

How long do you give that new regime?

Enzo Chiefo
38 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Personal agenda against Levein, interlopers... Give us a break. 

Sorry to burst your bubble but Levein has managed to bring  all this criticism on himself due to his recent DOF and managerial record. 

I also very much doubt there are any interlopers at all in the regular posters here and even if there were, they would surely be wanting Levein to stay, with the mess he has made. 

To think we have a long close season ahead with the support bickering over the manager is really disappointing and bad for ticket sales. The club should have cut Levein loose, to allow us to all get fully behind a new regime. 

AB may well yet cut him loose before the start of the season. The season is likely to peter out in the same way as last season. I think the peg is getting shooglier.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nothing to do with injuries then?

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Boris said:

Depends on results and performances Boris. This is nothing new, happens all the time in football. You can't give cast iron guarantees.  Frank De Boer got 4 games, WBA have already sacked 2 managers this season. That's life. The bottom line is we have a new stand to full, corporate income to generate and a lot of ground to make up on Hibs  Aberdeen and Rangers. Levein is not the man to take us forward. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Nothing to do with injuries then?

He put Henderson and  Moore on on Sunday with Skinny still on the bench .leaving us scratching our heads . 

Next week it  could be McDonald or Irving's turn . 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Depends on results and performances Boris. This is nothing new, happens all the time in football. You can't give cast iron guarantees.  Frank De Boer got 4 games, WBA have already sacked 2 managers this season. That's life. The bottom line is we have a new stand to full, corporate income to generate and a lot of ground to make up on Hibs  Aberdeen and Rangers. Levein is not the man to take us forward. 

So, we get someone new.  They fail spectacularly, get the bullet, we pay the compo, transfer window is shut, we are up a creek.  And also back to square one where we seem to be constantly in a rebuilding process.

For me, at least, the key to this season has been the late sacking of Cathro, and I'll admit I was in the give him a chance brigade until that Dunfermline game.  Had that happened earlier, and Levein been charge throughout I reckon we would have proceeded in the league cup, and who knows where we would be in the league.  Maybe still 6th, but closer to those above us, not to mention our squad may have been balanced better in the summer window.  But that doesn't really matter as it is all ifs and buts.

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He put Henderson and  Moore on on Sunday with Skinny still on the bench .leaving us scratching our heads . 

Next week it  could be McDonald or Irving's turn . 

Correct Ramrod. Earlier in the season at ER we had Brandon and Henderson on the left hand side and they were hopelessly out of their depth. 

23 minutes ago, Boris said:

So, we get someone new.  They fail spectacularly, get the bullet, we pay the compo, transfer window is shut, we are up a creek.  And also back to square one where we seem to be constantly in a rebuilding process.

For me, at least, the key to this season has been the late sacking of Cathro, and I'll admit I was in the give him a chance brigade until that Dunfermline game.  Had that happened earlier, and Levein been charge throughout I reckon we would have proceeded in the league cup, and who knows where we would be in the league.  Maybe still 6th, but closer to those above us, not to mention our squad may have been balanced better in the summer window.  But that doesn't really matter as it is all ifs and buts.

Until we get into next season I don't think we'll truly know if Levein is the man to take us forward. If he fails to do that after having 2 windows to secure 'his' team then I think its time to consider his position. I'm not a fan of half measures though, if we're going to commit to a course of action it has to be 100%. Sacking Levein in the summer would leave us up shit creak and the new guy unless he's had a year to pick out players or something could easily fall into the situation we're in now - Not his team/give him time/players aren't fit...

Anyway, I think Levein has earned next the summer to see what he can put together. If we're struggling by December then a decision might need to be made.  

17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Correct Ramrod. Earlier in the season at ER we had Brandon and Henderson on the left hand side and they were hopelessly out of their depth. 

Yip. Going back to then a lot of people were left baffled. Milinkovic was on the bench.

I wouldn’t say both out their depth (Henderson yes) but playing that combination in a derby was definitely a poor decision.

19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That was the game that stood out for me. That was a game where I suspected he was seeking a degree of latitude with supporters by playing youngsters. 

Centre midfield that night was beyond belief

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Until we get into next season I don't think we'll truly know if Levein is the man to take us forward. If he fails to do that after having 2 windows to secure 'his' team then I think its time to consider his position. I'm not a fan of half measures though, if we're going to commit to a course of action it has to be 100%. Sacking Levein in the summer would leave us up shit creak and the new guy unless he's had a year to pick out players or something could easily fall into the situation we're in now - Not his team/give him time/players aren't fit...

Anyway, I think Levein has earned next the summer to see what he can put together. If we're struggling by December then a decision might need to be made.  

Levein has stabilised things . Not very exciting but it was necessary . Yes he brought Cathro in , in my opinion one of the most imaginative and exciting appointments ever made in Scottish football . Yes it turned out to be a disaster but I still think it was worth the gamble .

I'm not being an apologist for Levein , I'm sure he would agree there have been screw ups . All that is done now and we move on .

I think game time for the younger players now will be invaluable in the next couple of seasons . I know they won't all make it but it is [and will] be the way forward .

Obviously summer signings are crucial , marqueeish and lesser ones .

Long term I think Levein will run the football department . Personally I think that is a good thing for HMFC

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think you are right, and I guess what I was trying to say in my post too.

27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Another good example Enzo 

Im all for  giving youngsters the chance but CL has used a scattergun approach with some who are miles away atm. 

It does smack a little of trying to justify the academy at times . 

Sunday was another example of this . Henderson and Moore contributed very little when they were introduced. He was throwing young lads into a battle away from 

home with the team clearly 2nd best at the time , baffling . 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Another good example Enzo 

Im all for  giving youngsters the chance but CL has used a scattergun approach with some who are miles away atm. 

It does smack a little of trying to justify the academy at times . 

Sunday was another example of this . Henderson and Moore contributed very little when they were introduced. He was throwing young lads into a battle away from 

home with the team clearly 2nd best at the time , baffling . 

So CL made a decision that with hindsight did not work out.   Who would you have put on and why?  Would your changes have guaranteed success?

All Out Attack
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Killie were transformed under a new manager and he didn't even get one window. 

Motherwell have pushed on under a new manager. 

Our neighbours and Rangers have moved on. 

Levein has been here for years now in charge of footballing matters. Why should he get yet another chance having now divided the support and seeing us just scrape into top six. 

I would like to think Budge is closely monitoring season ticket sales and the wider support feeling. We can't make the same mistakes we did with Cathro by holding onto him too long. 

Edited by All Out Attack

Just now, JamboAl said:

So CL made a decision that with hindsight did not work out.   Who would you have put on and why?  Would your changes have guaranteed success?

If you watch these youngsters Al with the exception of Godinho and Harry they find it hard to influence the game in anyway . Sometimes it feels like we are playing with 9 or 10 men , they just aren't ready for this level atm . 

As for Sunday , Skinny was the obvious replacement for Amankwa and if he was putting any youngster on it should have been McDonald  who had his one really impressive game against Dundee in the home fixture . 

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to his team selection especially with the youngsters even before certain injuries. 

3 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Killie were transformed under a new manager and he didn't even get one window. 

Motherwell have pushed on under a new manager. 

Our neighbours and Rangers have moved on. 

Levein has been here for years now in charge of footballing matters. Why should he get yet another chance having now divided the support and seeing us just scrape into top six. 

I would like to think Budge is closely monitoring season ticket sales and the wider support feeling. We can't make the same mistakes we did with Cathro by holding onto him too long. 

*sigh*

Are we going over the whole Neilson/Cathro weren't really in charge of team affairs thing again?

Really?