Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

maroonsgotop

According to BBC website, Levein states we have already made offers to 3 new players and hopes to get 4 or 5 players signed early. He also said a number will be leaving and will announce details of those players fairly soon round about the split. Had heard offers had been made to Gordon & Temps with Milinkovic leaving but no idea how accurate that is.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

We are signing Gordan so he can make amends for that sitter v Stuttgart.

Still makes me seethe when I think about it even now.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

It's about time Levein and Mad Budge told us the truth!!!

WE DEMAND TO KNOW!!!

Did you not give up shouting for lent?:ninja:

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

According to BBC website, Levein states we have already made offers to 3 new players and hopes to get 4 or 5 players signed early. He also said a number will be leaving and will announce details of those players fairly soon round about the split. Had heard offers had been made to Gordon & Temps with Milinkovic leaving but no idea how accurate that is.

It ain't Craig Gordon that's for sure. 2 years left on his Celtic contract

LarrysRightFoot

I’ll take a punt and say one of them is McGeough.

Think he will go down south though.

Good dialogue with Man U and hoping Mitchell will come back next season.

Also hopes he will be back for last 3 games of split.

21 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Gordon is not half the keeper he was with us. I'd pass. 

Still more than good enough at this level. 

In all honestly the offers to 3 players could be anyone. Not much point in randomly guessing names. Allan McGregor seems unlikely to me but would be a huge coup for us if we got him.

rudi must stay
25 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Gordon is not half the keeper he was with us. I'd pass. 

I don't think it's him, but if it is then Celtic get the transfer blunder of the century award and I'd take him in a flash. Knows the club, a very good player. Just like Berra this season, a no risk signing

Edited by rudi must stay

Absolute Scenes

Surely milinkovic has done enough in a short space of time to merit a permanent. I'd be gutted if we dont try and get him

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I would sign him as he has a great engine and he would keep us on track.

He also gets steamed in.

I'd be chuffed if he signed.

12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Surely milinkovic has done enough in a short space of time to merit a permanent. I'd be gutted if we dont try and get him

At the sponsors training day Levein said he is in France just now and David told him he would be back Saturday.

Levein followed up with ' not that I ever trust a word David days

Missed the initial part of Levein's comments so didn't catch the full context.

I think it's most likely Adao, Mclaughlan and Fraser. Levien talked about consolidating what he already had at FoH Plot Ceremony a couple of weeks back....Adao Naismith and Mitchell are do all we can to keep.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
29 minutes ago, kila said:

Will be gutted if there is no attempt to keep Milinkovic

He's exciting and has a great range of passing, excellent composure and will pick out a great pass rather than aimlessly swing balls into the box.

Levein doesn't rate him that highly though. I think it's the exciting part that he has no time for.

Clerry Jambo
20 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Is Temps a permanent deal?

I’m not on this temps bus, we have better quality coming through with the young lads than get him back, so I’m passing on this one

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I’m not on this temps bus, we have better quality coming through with the young lads than get him back, so I’m passing on this one

Aye me too. Milinkovic is 10x the player.

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

At the sponsors training day Levein said he is in France just now and David told him he would be back Saturday.

Heard he doesn't trust him as well

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Probably doesn't listen to his instructions that's why he's so effective for us.

Just now, Swanny17 said:

McGregor

McGeoch

Adam

Just guesses. 

I’d be happy with those players. 

maroonsgotop

This is the article.

Hearts manager Craig Levein has made offers to "three different players" to bolster his squad for next season.

Levein also highlighted there will be departures.

The Tynecastle side, who visit Dundee on Sunday, are currently trying to secure a top-six place in this season's Scottish Premiership.

"Things are going on behind the scenes and we are working away to get some business done as quickly as possible," said Levein.

"I'm hoping to get four or five done fairly early and then have some time and see how that looks and then maybe bring some others in maybe mid-July and into the end of August.

"We have made offers to three different players already."

Though Levein refused to be drawn on departures, he did indicate that supporters will not have long to wait to find out who will be leaving.

"I had planned in doing that round about the split and I think we will still do that," he explained.

Hearts currently sit in sixth position in the table and have two games to play before the league splits in two for its final five rounds of fixtures.

"Three points from the last two games would be enough," Levein added. "But I don't want to wait until the last game at home to Aberdeen to secure it.

"Obviously, finishing in the top six we will get more money than if we were not.

"The focus is to do that and to make things as easy as possible when I sit down with [owner] Ann Budge to discuss the budgets for next season."

1 hour ago, GYL said:

I think it's most likely Adao, Mclaughlan and Fraser. Levien talked about consolidating what he already had at FoH Plot Ceremony a couple of weeks back....Adao Naismith and Mitchell are do all we can to keep.

I was speaking to him this morning before the training thing started-from the conversation I got the impression that the 3 players he has got offers in for are not currently with the club.

he absolutely wants to keep Adao Naismith and believes the relationship with Man U is such that they will be amenable to Mitchell rejoining next season.

TyphoonJambo
37 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

McGregor

McGeoch

Adam

Just guesses. 

Get these three, Keep Naismith and Adao, get Mitchell for another year. Great business.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Really?!?!

I think your slavering there. No young player coming through is anywhere near his level yet. And none are ready to be thrown into the first team starting lineup full time.

Big Slim Stylee
58 minutes ago, FoH forever said:

Got a great range, box-to-box engine, used to pass Tynie on his way to training as a youth 

Yeah you're possibly gone quite shortly......

13 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Get these three, Keep Naismith and Adao, get Mitchell for another year. Great business.

Haha do that and there would still be plenty of moaning minnies saying we had a disgraceful window they are past it why wont he play the youths (same ones moaning they are playing just now) gotta love transfer news

4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Utter car crash of a thread.

Can you not keep this sort of shit for the shed.

Would love more discussion around potential signings. 

Well, aye. As soon as someone pops a wee rumour or whatever in there, we can. As it is, the guys that actually get a wee snippet or two of information have decided to stop posting it because of the array of arseholes on this forum who just want to have a pop at them.

joondalupjambo

If we get to keep Naismith then no Temps.  If Naismith goes then Temps a good option.   

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I would sign him as he has a great engine and he would keep us on track.

He also gets steamed in.

Not so sure about this guy. He's gone off the rails a few times, and has only ever performed when managed by the Fat Controller, I doubt Levein would get the best out of him. I've also heard he's a Sevco fan, and is often seen around in a blue strip. 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Got to agree. However,  while I think we should worry about strengthening other areas first, there could be an argument for employing a quality , proven wide man. 

But it could be that Temps comfortable level where he stands out is now with smaller clubs.

Greedy_Jambo

I wouldn't mind giving Templeton a short contract. He's made the difference in a few games he's played in this season. 

57 minutes ago, 1rousset said:

I was speaking to him this morning before the training thing started-from the conversation I got the impression that the 3 players he has got offers in for are not currently with the club.

he absolutely wants to keep Adao Naismith and believes the relationship with Man U is such that they will be amenable to Mitchell rejoining next season.

Fair play then. I was only guessing but let's be honest Adao, Naismith and Mitchell is a great starting level....onwards and upwards in Craig we trust??

The Internet

I don't often join the pining for ex players but I would take Templeton back. Seems to have that spark again. 

Captain Canada

It's great to see us getting some moves made early. If we're going to bring in 10 players, it's best to have the majority of those signed before pre-season starts. We can't afford another slow start next season. 

rick witter

No way Mcgeouch will come to Hearts. If he stays in Scotland which it’s more than likely he won’t due to money it will be with Hibs or Aberdeen. 

Just now, rick witter said:

No way Mcgeouch will come to Hearts. If he stays in Scotland which it’s more than likely he won’t due to money it will be with Hibs or Aberdeen. 

:(

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I certainly hope, and also think, we've got better coming through, but I think it's going to be at least another year, possibly two, before they're really ready to be first team regulars, notwithstanding the significant contribution that Cochrane and McDonald have made this season. I think Temps would be a very useful player to have for a couple of seasons while the youngsters develop. 

6 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

Gordon's alive?

• redm changed the title to Offers already made to 3 players