Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

42 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Why would he want to leave a club who will finish above us next year to come play for a manager who is happy to go to ibrox for a point in a bounce game? 

He’d be off his heid to come to us.

Have Mars and Spencer ever been seen in the same place .".......?   

YAWN

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I've been told this too

Seemingly a 2 yr deal was tabled but I only saw it on a tabloid so don't know how much truth is in it 

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So macgregor to the huns? Did we have a plan B if its true?

Hopefully still working on plan A (to keep McLaughlin)

Special Agent Dale Cooper
39 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Ali Crawford to Hibs allegedly

Major downgrade on McGeouch.

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Jambos1983 said:

Hopefully still working on plan A (to keep McLaughlin)

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That's a bit of a blow tbf if we can't keep McLaughlin.

:sob:

If we were keeping him it would be done by now.

Escobar PHM
15 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Mainly because we are a much bigger club than Hibs.  Also, he will soon hit a plateau at Easter road and go no further but with Hearts, his chances of becoming an even better player are heavily increased.

Its a no brainer.

I wouldn't say we're much bigger. Bigger in the sense of our historical record over them certainly, but the attendances and revenue generation and more importantly for a player the wage being paid, are in the same ball park just now.

Mcgeogh wont be moving from Hibs to Hearts. It would make no sense for him whatsoever.

On 16/04/2018 at 10:05, Barack said:

Davidson is a good player, but his knees are as fragile as Ming pots.

30 now. 18month deal, same as Amankwaa, and see how he goes...? If fit, he'd improve us. 

That never held us back on Maclean. 

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yep, I'd have imagined so. 

Hopefully Brenda wants shot of Gordon now. 

I can't see everything lining up so all 4 of our on loan players will be back next season. The other clubs don't have to play ball just because we want them too.

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Major downgrade on McGeouch.

In a good team he'd be an excellent signing. Would have signed him, hopefully the deal has a bit to go and we can move in and start talks

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I can't see everything lining up so all 4 of our on loan players will be back next season. The other clubs don't have to play ball just because we want them too.

I'm not sure I'd like to keep all four anyhow.  They are all of a good standard but

Mitchell - The injury aside he can only be a short term prospect with us as Man U will almost certainly take him back.  Might be better concentrating on getting an out- and -out LB.

Adao - Looks like a complicated transfer situation but in too many games walks on eggshells

Skinny - I'd like to keep but again possible transfer complications and a question mark over consistency.

Naismith - Mixed bag so far but do his wages justify his signing.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Levein saying again that he’s almost certainly away and McGregor signing for the Huns. Bain would be a good signing but if Celtic want him he’s most likely to go there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If we can keep the 4 loanees collectively that offers more than the sum of the parts. It offers continuity and understanding 

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not sure I'd like to keep all four anyhow.  They are all of a good standard but

Mitchell - The injury aside he can only be a short term prospect with us as Man U will almost certainly take him back.  Might be better concentrating on getting an out- and -out LB.

Adao - Looks like a complicated transfer situation but in too many games walks on eggshells

Skinny - I'd like to keep but again possible transfer complications and a question mark over consistency.

Naismith - Mixed bag so far but do his wages justify his signing.

For me

Mitchell - superb player. Yes if it's a possibility

Adao - good passing range. Knows his position well, definately

Milinkovic - no question. Hes one of the best players in this league IMO

Naismith - past it IMO. Another Cowie, for every good games you'll find 3 or 4 bad ones

26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If we can keep the 4 loanees collectively that offers more than the sum of the parts. It offers continuity and understanding 

True but most be complimented with a higher quality of player - otherwise we are destined for another season of mid table football.  We need at least one creative midfielder with some star quality

7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So macgregor to the huns? Did we have a plan B if its true?

Hopefully not the same as the plan B when we missed out on a goalie last time :)  (possibly Macgregor again?).

Ended up with Flap Hamilton

Edited by HopeDiouf

If we do sign the lad from ICT I can’t believe we would have done so without asking Robbo for his views. It is possible that Robbo sees something in the player but feels he needs a change of scenery to develop.

sairyinthat
23 hours ago, mscjambo said:

No danger. Little or no chance.

He will go down south and get a pay day. One of the worst rumours ever

think so?I would doubt he has the drive in him  for that,what other reason could he playing at Easter Road

Escobar PHM
13 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

If we do sign the lad from ICT I can’t believe we would have done so without asking Robbo for his views. It is possible that Robbo sees something in the player but feels he needs a change of scenery to develop.

To be fair, Robbo, acknowledging his legendary status as a player of course, doesn't have a great track record as a coach or a scout, if he did he wouldn't be where he is.

If we are interested in this guy we should be taking a 2 hour drive and watching him for ourselves tbh.

Edited by Escobar PHM

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

To be fair, Robbo, acknowledging his legendary status as a player of course, doesn't have a great track record as a coach or a scout, if he did he wouldn't be where he is.

If we are interested in this guy we should be taking a 2 hour drive and watching him for ourselves tbh.

He was on trial down here before winter break apparently. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

True but most be complimented with a higher quality of player - otherwise we are destined for another season of mid table football.  We need at least one creative midfielder with some star quality

Absolutely. Higher profile players usually take longer with options available to them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Does anyone on Kickback have a track record of scouting ?

Escobar PHM
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Does anyone on Kickback have a track record of scouting ?

depends on the context of the word ' scouting' I suppose :whistling:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

depends on the context of the word ' scouting' I suppose :whistling:

We all have opinions and that's how it should be.  

I like to believe a pro should know better than me though :)

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We all have opinions and that's how it should be.  

I like to believe a pro should know better than me though :)

That's true, and me of course. However the guy doesn't play at the other end of the planet so I'd like to think we've been up or will go up and scout him properly, the professionals we employ to do that sort of thing, not 2 kickback members obviously.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

For me

Mitchell - superb player. Yes if it's a possibility

Adao - good passing range. Knows his position well, definately

Milinkovic - no question. Hes one of the best players in this league IMO

Naismith - past it IMO. Another Cowie, for every good games you'll find 3 or 4 bad ones

You are surely not serious about Naismith?

35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely. Higher profile players usually take longer with options available to them.

The market we are in though or should be in are these star players who are going under the radar in Europe.  These players should be identified as early as last summer, sadly I have no faith in our scout John Murray to find a 'star'.  Guess we'll wait and see!

rudi must stay
57 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You are surely not serious about Naismith?

No, he used to be brilliant. Those days are gone. Sitting on the bench at Norwich probably hasn't helped him

Selkirkhmfc1874

Wouldn't be surprised if one or two quality midfielders were announced before next week's cut off for season tickets ! Not in the know in anyway just a guess 

SuperstarSteve
On 4/24/2018 at 16:22, LochcarronJambo said:

He kicked plenty on the park too, a horrible individual, caught on camera as u say assaulting a DJ with all his mates around .... a quite distasteful individual who as I said previously would be well suited to the sevco scum 

For some reason I thought the DJ had said something to gerrard for him to retaliate, but... after reading over the story again, to my utter disbelief he attacked the DJ purely on the basis he wouldn’t put on a song that he wanted, pfft so am not gonna disagree with your last line. 

rudi must stay
38 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if one or two quality midfielders were announced before next week's cut off for season tickets ! Not in the know in anyway just a guess 

Wish football worked like that, transfers seem to take longer every year. But I hope your right :thumbsup:

Edited by rudi must stay

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Wish football worked like that, transfers seem to take longer every year. But I hope your right :thumbsup:

Quality players are in no rush to sign. 

56 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

They are gonna have to pull something out of the bag 

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

No, he used to be brilliant. Those days are gone. Sitting on the bench at Norwich probably hasn't helped him

Have to disagree. I would be delighted if we are able to keep him.

I believe he still has as lot to offer as a player and with helping the younger players.

He is only 31. You are comparing him to Don Cowie who is 35 although still full of energy and another who has a great work ethic and great role model for the younger players.

Edited by wavydavy

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Have to disagree. I would be delighted if we are able to keep him.

I believe he still has as lot to offer as a player and with helping the younger players.

He is only 31. You are comparing him to Don Cowie who is 35 although still full of energy and another who has a great work ethic and great role model for the younger players.

I think there'd be alot of excitement and expectation if he signed and I've not seen anything to suggest he could live up to it. Just my opinion, ye he is absolutely a great pro and he seems a good guy so I'd still be quite happy if he signed

INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874
On 4/12/2018 at 12:22, mitch41 said:

Levein out if this happens. I can't believe he'd sign Mclean.

Well he did.

Phil Dunphy
On 25/04/2018 at 21:42, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Let's not kid ourselves 

So far....we have signed complete pish.

Hibs signings from days gone by.

The boy from Cambridge, we can’t write him off since we haven’t actually seen anything of him up here. 

Steven MacLean though. A 35 year old striker who doesn’t score goals? No ****ing thank you. 

SuperstarSteve
18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The boy from Cambridge, we can’t write him off since we haven’t actually seen anything of him up here. 

Steven MacLean though. A 35 year old striker who doesn’t score goals? No ****ing thank you. 

MacLean has hit 60 in 200 apps for saints, for 30+ year old that’s decent, for a guy that can’t run that’s pretty bloody decent! As a squad player he’s a perfect addition to the squad in my opinion, lafferty will be the main man up top, midfield is where I think we will spend money on quality. 

Phil Dunphy
19 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

MacLean has hit 60 in 200 apps for saints, for 30+ year old that’s decent, for a guy that can’t run that’s pretty bloody decent! As a squad player he’s a perfect addition to the squad in my opinion, lafferty will be the main man up top, midfield is where I think we will spend money on quality. 

A goal every three games isn't what we need. We need pace up front. 

We're so ****ing slow going forward.

Koolkeith
6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

A goal every three games isn't what we need. We need pace up front. 

We're so ****ing slow going forward.

He’s been signed for experience on the bench. To bring on when needed. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Koolkeith said:

He’s been signed for experience on the bench. To bring on when needed. 

Kyle Lafferty has played at a much higher level than Steven MacLean ever has. I'm not sure what experience he can offer as a former St Johnstone striker over a former Palermo one.

amadjambo
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Kyle Lafferty has played at a much higher level than Steven MacLean ever has. I'm not sure what experience he can offer as a former St Johnstone striker over a former Palermo one.

Maybe down to character.

The kickback coaches should conduct the transfers,, wait till fan ownership comes in???

amadjambo
Just now, macg63 said:

The kickback coaches should conduct the transfers,, wait till fan ownership comes in???

Yep, cause that’s how it’s going to work, we’ll have a poll on here about new signings, team selection, tactics, etc.

Got to be one of the most irritating comments to regularly be used on here is “wait till fan ownership”.

Koolkeith
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Well I assume Lafferty will be starting games, so as I said he’s experienced cover for the bench. This has what Levein has stated.