Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

A_A wehatethehibs
12 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Strong rumours amongst Hibs fans is McGeough to Hearts is a possibility!

Not a chance of this happening, I think there is more chance of Celtic signing him. Why would they sign banjo boy for £15m when they can get the better Hibs midfielder for free? Plus he is sellick minded so no need for an educashun from brenda 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Probably stay at Hibs unless he gets a championship club down south on big bucks

He is leaving Hibs.

Source - Neil Lennon

27 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

We have certainly made him an  offer. Would be surprised if it was good enough. Pleasantly surprised though, exactly what we need. 

23 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

He is leaving Hibs.

Source - Neil Lennon

A big blow for them if that is the case. He's a far far better player than McGinn. 

Hes exactly the kind of midfielder we need here.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
33 minutes ago, Barack said:

McGeouch? To Hearts?

More substance to the Charlie Adam to Hearts rumours. Or Mats Hummels to Rangers.

Hummels is going to ra gers. It's aww o'er Twitter m8.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

With Stevie G as manager.

What a time to be a Rangers fan.

Stevie G...they're not, are they? Seriously?! :cornette:

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Former Liverpool and England midfielder Steven Gerrard, who is in his first coaching role at the Reds' academy, has had his odds slashed on becoming Rangers manager from 25/1 to 8/1 by one bookmaker, but Ostersunds manager Graham Potter currently stands at 4/1 favourite, with former Rangers defender Frank de Boer at 5/1." (Scottish Sun)

Take the source of the "rumours" out of it, granted. Saying that; it's not the DR.

Graeme Souness didn't have any experience.

But this is the bookies drawing in easy money

10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Get real. If you think re-signing the players we have on loan,  with the additions of Uche, MacLean and another midfielder (probably Fraser), will somehow turn us into a top 3 or 4 squad, I'd suggest getting yourself up to Andrew Duncan's for a psychiatric assessment. 

Dear me.  What a nasty piece of work you are.  

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Time to get away from the Hun situation now, please. 

Can't see McGeough coming to us but you never know. 

He would get too much grief from the vermin. 

Rumours he was going to Aberdeen at one point but would think he would go down South for more money than they could offer.

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Stevie G...they're not, are they? Seriously?! :cornette:

More chance of Honey G.....

SuperstarSteve

Since January I’ve heard mcgeough is off to Aberdeen then Lennon confirmed he is leaving not long ago, I think that’s where he will end up to bed honest but you never know! 

Regarding stevie g... Say it aint so! ? I’ve idolized the guy since I was about 13 years old, all that goes out the window if he signs terms with deathco

I am a wee bit worried that of our 9/10 player to be signed, a good few will be ones who have been here on loan this season and our overall form has been average at best.

Escobar PHM
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

We have certainly made him an  offer. Would be surprised if it was good enough. Pleasantly surprised though, exactly what we need. 

So we haven't talked to him to see what he is looking for and whether we'd be able to get close enough to it to attract his interest. We just made an offer without any chat or any idea if he'll put it in the bin or sign it ?

Nah, not having that, doesn't make any sense to make an offer without running it past him or his agent first to see if we're in the right ballpark.

Cruyff Turn

I'd be delighted with McGeouch, ticks all the boxes, better than fat ersed banjo pus, would be a blow to the mutants. 

LochcarronJambo
24 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Since January I’ve heard mcgeough is off to Aberdeen then Lennon confirmed he is leaving not long ago, I think that’s where he will end up to bed honest but you never know! 

Regarding stevie g... Say it aint so! ? I’ve idolized the guy since I was about 13 years old, all that goes out the window if he signs terms with deathco

Gerrard was a thug (albeit a good player) will fit in with sevco well

Adam_the_legend
19 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So we haven't talked to him to see what he is looking for and whether we'd be able to get close enough to it to attract his interest. We just made an offer without any chat or any idea if he'll put it in the bin or sign it ?

Nah, not having that, doesn't make any sense to make an offer without running it past him or his agent first to see if we're in the right ballpark.

Of course we would have discussed it but you have to be in it to win it. It’s a standard practice to put an offer on the table for consideration, especially when the player has multiple options to look at. 

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Of course we would have discussed it but you have to be in it to win it. It’s a standard practice to put an offer on the table for consideration, especially when the player has multiple options to look at. 

I think the standard practice is to ask the agent 2 questions 1. Would he be interested to join Hearts and 2. what is he looking for.

If he isn't interested or we don't feel we can get close to what he is looking for we hang the phone up. If he's interested and we're in the ball park of what he is looking for, we submit an offer.

I think he's probably outwith our pocket as it happens but it'd be great if he's encouraged further discussion and end up with us.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think the standard practice is to ask the agent 2 questions 1. Would he be interested to join Hearts and 2. what is he looking for.

If he isn't interested or we don't feel we can get close to what he is looking for we hang the phone up. If he's interested and we're in the ball park of what he is looking for, we submit an offer.

I think he's probably outwith our pocket as it happens but it'd be great if he's encouraged further discussion and end up with us.

I agree. If the money was right I think he probably would make the move but, if we have offered him something, I’d be amazed if it’s the best offer he has. 

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. If the money was right I think he probably would make the move but, if we have offered him something, I’d be amazed if it’s the best offer he has. 

I cant imagine us offering him hugely more than Hibs put on the table. Surely he'd be better staying with them if that's the case. His agent's probably got him a gig at Wigan or Blackburn or such like on double the money

Nookie Bear

Honestly, why would McGeough leave hibs to come here?

There is no way we can offer the kind of money that will even make him consider that move. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
57 minutes ago, Boris said:

Image result for bingo banana splits gif

Ace. Best split around

Edited by Sir Gio

29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

There is no way we can offer the kind of money that will even make him consider that move. 

Maybe he likes living in Edinburgh, can't stand Lennon and wasn't offered an improved deal?

Idly speculating with the above, but you never know.

FWIW, I can't see him comingto Hearts, but would happily take him.

Three year deal, two of which on the treatment table! 

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, Boris said:

Maybe he likes living in Edinburgh, can't stand Lennon and wasn't offered an improved deal?

Idly speculating with the above, but you never know.

FWIW, I can't see him comingto Hearts, but would happily take him.

Three year deal, two of which on the treatment table! 

:laugh:

On 23/04/2018 at 08:56, Armageddon said:

We've a 22 year old Aussie called Mark Barnett starting a trial with us today.

4 hours ago, bazman said:

Mark Barnett is the guy from Australia on trial

Are you Banderson by any chance??!!!

SuperstarSteve
2 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Gerrard was a thug (albeit a good player) will fit in with sevco well

He was an aggressive player in his early days and was caught on camera punching someone, I wouldn’t class him as a thug though, he spent majority of days to scared to leave Liverpool because real thugs were threatening him and his family 

8 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

No danger. Little or no chance.

He will go down south and get a pay day. One of the worst rumours ever

LochcarronJambo
6 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

He was an aggressive player in his early days and was caught on camera punching someone, I wouldn’t class him as a thug though, he spent majority of days to scared to leave Liverpool because real thugs were threatening him and his family 

He kicked plenty on the park too, a horrible individual, caught on camera as u say assaulting a DJ with all his mates around .... a quite distasteful individual who as I said previously would be well suited to the sevco scum 

Finlay James
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Mainly because we are a much bigger club than Hibs.  Also, he will soon hit a plateau at Easter road and go no further but with Hearts, his chances of becoming an even better player are heavily increased.

Its a no brainer.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Finlay James said:

Mainly because we are a much bigger club than Hibs.  Also, he will soon hit a plateau at Easter road and go no further but with Hearts, his chances of becoming an even better player are heavily increased.

Its a no brainer.

Its really not a no brainer at all. 

There is no obvious attraction for him, on a professional level, to sign for us. 

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Its really not a no brainer at all. 

There is no obvious attraction for him, on a professional level, to sign for us. 

Except there are loads of reasons to sign for Hearts, it's a step up for him for starters. Let's not pretend that Hibs 4th place finish in the SPL after 3 years in the championship has all of a sudden made them the Scottish Barcelona. He will know this.  He also just needs to spy our facilities and the clubs plans for development to see where he should be playing.

It won't matter though as he will be off down south.

chester copperpot
9 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Balls pumped over McGeouchs head, or balls pumped over Scott Robinsons head. Its all the same to me.

Best post on the thread :lol:

5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Are you Banderson by any chance??!!!

Soz didn’t see that mentioned. Only knew as his brother stays near my work

29 minutes ago, bazman said:

Soz didn’t see that mentioned. Only knew as his brother stays near my work

Im thinking he’s just here for a family wedding and used a contact to get some sort of trial.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

McGregor, the keeper, signed with Rangers today according to nearly every Rangers fan I know. 

I've been told this too

Mars plastic
3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Its a no brainer.

Why would he want to leave a club who will finish above us next year to come play for a manager who is happy to go to ibrox for a point in a bounce game? 

He’d be off his heid to come to us.