Scotland v. Costa Rica

Салатные палочки

Салатные палочки

Anyone taking an interest in this tonight?  

It's only a friendly but still an important game in terms of Auld Eck's first game back.  

Would love to see McLaughlin get a half and Paterson start.  

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel a bitter arsehole for half hoping we get humped tonight...

I've no faith in the SFA going forward or seemingly-past-it big Eck and can't be arsed with another 3 years of his drivel.

I think both will feature to be honest.

While McLeish wasn't anyone's first choice he seems to be making the right noises. Youngsters getting a chance, playing with a 'swagger', I'm all for that.

Costa Rica ain't dafties though, be interesting to see how they adapt to the conditions but they'll be good opposition.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Looking forward to it. In the minority I know but I'm reasonably happy having McLeish back. We do have a decent crop of youngish players now that could achieve more than we've seen in the last 20 years if they are allowed to play with confidence and a bit of attacking intent. 

I think Scotland have as good a pool of players to pick from as there has been in a while. 

Heading along tonight as my son wanted to go, hopefully see a decent performance.

Robbo-Jambo

Only interested if CP and McLaughlin are playing.

McLeish is clueless, no Berra yet fat Charlle Adam included. WTF is that all about :cornette:

Салатные палочки

I see Costa Rica were training at Cappielow yesterday.  Wonder who the guy with the ginger hair is.  

29497101_10211541605551874_4748026039627

Despite my displeasure at the appointment of McLeish and the squad he’s picked, I’ll be supporting as always.

Tricky game, but Costa Rica are in pretty poor form so hopefully pick up a win.

Come on Scotland ??????? ??????? ??????? 

What do you reckon the team will be? Guessing;

Mclaughlin

Paterson Mulgrew Mckenna Robertson

McTominay McDonald

Armstrong McGregor Murphy

Cummings

SuperstarSteve

Personally no longer interested, we

have a great crop of youngsters coming through but as proven already, Souttar and the likes will miss out in favour of certain clubs players, when mcleish was appointment that was it for me, after we could and should have had Michael o’neill, we ended up with a guy who was part of the biggest scandal in Scottish football? For no reason other than helping him pay off his tax bill?

As bitter as it sounds, I refuse to support the bowling club committee any longer and I personally believe that because everyone continues to support the nation no matter what, that nothing will ever change.

A massive Fair play to those still supporting and showing their loyalty. I don’t know how you do it, last 6 years have kicked the stuffing out of my Love for he game, the way the SFA go about their business is just horrendous, if it wasn’t for the famous, I don’t think I’d even watch football anymore. 

Brick Tamland
8 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

have a great crop of youngsters coming through but as proven already, Souttar and the likes will miss out in favour of certain clubs players, when mcleish was appointment that was it for me, after we could and should have had Michael o’neill, we ended up with a guy who was part of the biggest scandal in Scottish football? For no reason other than helping him pay off his tax bill?

As bitter as it sounds, I refuse to support the bowling club committee any longer and I personally believe that because everyone continues to support the nation no matter what, that nothing will ever change.

A massive Fair play to those still supporting and showing their loyalty. I don’t know how you do it, last 6 years have kicked the stuffing out of my Love for he game, the way the SFA go about their business is just horrendous, if it wasn’t for the famous, I don’t think I’d even watch football anymore. 

Well said and I completely agree with you. 

8 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Completely with you,

It's a shame really and as a nation we really deserve better from the upper management.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another new era.  I imagine with the same outcome.

c'mom i8, where's your swagger?!

hope JM isn't involved and we get pumped.  Friend who's wife is a teacher offered me a free ticket, apparently the SFA have been distributing freebie's to try and boost the attendance.  I won't be there, not endorsing the association or Mcleish, Grant and co.

11 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Not quite as disillusioned as you but hard to argue with you. I gave up my travel club membership 2 years ago and, going by the sales for this current term, thousands more have joined me. Maybe, just maybe, the SFA losing their cash cow might force a change

I think McLeish is a disgraceful appointment but I’ll be watching as always. However my expectations couldn’t be any lower. 

kirkierobroy

Take a book and a sleeping bag and food supplies if you are going. Aitkenhead Road shut near the stadium so the 75 bus will be diverted, one of the Hampden Car Parks is also shut and the SFA aren't running dedicated buses this time, so after-match buses services will be at Friday Night levels, ie, ye're better walking back tae the city centre.

SFA contempt for fans continues. I'll be there, but.

North Berwick Jambo

Not a chance I will be watching that ****, Germany V Spain on instead.  :happy:

9 minutes ago, EH11 said:

hope JM isn't involved and we get pumped.  Friend who's wife is a teacher offered me a free ticket, apparently the SFA have been distributing freebie's to try and boost the attendance.  I won't be there, not endorsing the association or Mcleish, Grant and co.

This thread is depressing.  Your attitude is sadly the norm it seems (I kinda share it except the wanting us to get humped part).  Comments on here like “I wouldn’t open the curtains” are the product of our situation.  There is not even a tiny part of me that thinks we will qualify for the next tournament.  I’ve had many “that is me done now” moments in the past 20 years but continued to get sucked in, but I really think that now I actually am.

Not fussed either way lost all confidence in the SFA if it wasn’t for Hearts would not be interested in football anymore

Thought Police

Normally an injection of younger players would excite me, but the fact he didn’t include Souttar means he can **** off

Hagar the Horrible

No Berra, yet 4 players on loan to other clubs, which equates to them being Colin Nish, If they were any good they would not be on loan.  A new era alright we wil be looking envious at the Faroe islands soon

Republic of Ireland, Austria, Costa Rica, USA, Northern Ireland, Wales and Iceland all above us in the rankings and deservedly so . We are just slightly better than Iran.  Not quite at the lows of 2004 where we stooped to 88th in the world but I am sure we can sink to those depths again.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The non inclusion of Berra has left me furious. If the excuse is to blood youngsters then why no Souttar? Absolute joke. I’ve followed Scotland around the world but they can get tae

i mind when Jamie Walker was on fire for us in our first season back in the Prem and Strachan snubbed him yet picked Forrest who had done nothing that season and McGinn who was a championship player! 

132goals1958
41 minutes ago, EH11 said:

It will be a tartan platoon there tonight if they are lucky.

I'm right behind the New Scotland and think the big mutton molester will move us on to the next level. However, I'll be at the Ferryman at the Gielgud so I'll miss this most important of rebirths. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 hour ago, OTT said:

What do you reckon the team will be? Guessing;

Mclaughlin

Paterson Mulgrew Mckenna Robertson

McTominay McDonald

Armstrong McGregor Murphy

Cummings

McLaughlin

McKenna Mulgrew Tierney

Paterson                                                       Robertson

McTominay Cairney  Forrest

Christie

McBurnie                  

maroonnicky63
Just now, kila said:

I feel a bitter arsehole for half hoping we get humped tonight...

I've no faith in the SFA going forward or seemingly-past-it big Eck and can't be arsed with another 3 years of his drivel.

WOW I really could not have put it any better as I feel exactly the same

letsalldothebeattie

I’ll be watching but first home game I’ve missed since the euro campaign. Can’t be bothered travelling through to Hampden for a small friendly like this. Easter Road, Tynie, anywhere reasonable I’d be going but screw going to Hampden for this. Less than half full as well great sign for the SFA. 

I do still hope we win as I do still support Scotland hope that big Jon & Callum feature at some point tonight. 

3-1 Scotland for me tonight 

Will watch and as always want us to win but I am not expecting much from the appointment of relegation Eck. 

pretty sure that hearts requested Berra and Souter not be included due to niggling injuries. doesn't change my general malaise toward the national team, however I am interested in what the introduction of the youngsters will do for us (also quite like the idea of McFadden being involved, if his his onfield nonchalance and arrogance can rub of on the youngsters are get them playing in the same fearless way then it can only be a good thing) however, not sure 'big eck' is the best one to lead them.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

pretty sure that hearts requested Berra and Souter not be included due to niggling injuries. doesn't change my general malaise toward the national team, however I am interested in what the introduction of the youngsters will do for us (also quite like the idea of McFadden being involved, if his his onfield nonchalance and arrogance can rub of on the youngsters are get them playing in the same fearless way then it can only be a good thing) however, not sure 'big eck' is the best one to lead them.

I would be surprised if that was the case as isn't Souttar in the U21s?

1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I would be surprised if that was the case as isn't Souttar in the U21s?

that may well be the case, maybe it was only Berra, i may be getting my wires in a fankle ?

sairyinthat

Three years of watching  him sticking the fingers in the mouth and whistling,a dud of a manager.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Only interested if CP and McLaughlin are playing.

McLeish is clueless, no Berra yet fat Charlle Adam included. WTF is that all about :cornette:

You mean “potential Hearts target, fat Charlie Adam”?

The Old Tolbooth

All very non plussed with Scotland these days, McLeish lived off the back of a very good Walter Smith side who almost qualified for a major tournament, and then he pissed off when the first shitty little skanky English club came along, I have never rated Eck as a manager, and I can't see him doing anything for us now either, it's just another "jobs for the boys" appointment because Eck needed a job, and we couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery which was proved when we couldn't lure O'Neill to take the job, utter arseholes, the lot of them! A large part of me wants this latest appointment to be a complete failure to ram it right up our corrupt little organisation. 

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

You mean “potential Hearts target, fat Charlie Adam”?

He’s probably the closest by Scottish standards in having a bit class coupled with experience.

Scotland always seem to have plenty potential quality but they never really seem to be of a high standard come their mid to late 20s.

Maybe one or two but never half a team which would maybe give us a chance.

Dalstonjambo
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Not quite as disillusioned as you but hard to argue with you. I gave up my travel club membership 2 years ago and, going by the sales for this current term, thousands more have joined me. Maybe, just maybe, the SFA losing their cash cow might force a change

This is where I am. The 3 people i go to games with plus myself all gave ours up this time. For the first time in as long as I can remember I may not even watch the game on the TV tonight. Just not really bothered anymore.

SpruceBringsteen

McLeish's level - at best - is Morton and if the entire SFA burned down I wouldn't bat an eye. Won't be watching.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

I'm Spartacus. 

Archived