Scotland v. Costa Rica

Салатные палочки

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, The Brow said:

Strachans team was actually coming onto a game....we were looking alright and scoring goals. 

Good luck finding someone to replicate that. 

I agree.

Ginger baws had turned  a corner.

Your first post is still stinking, tho. 

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

McLeish shouldn't have been near the Scotland job. If we were down to a choice of a half cut geriatric dinosaur like Craig Brown or Alex McLeish, Craig Brown should get the nod.

1) Alex McLeish was complicit in cheating at the club firmly known as Rangers by taking EBTs and knowing players were being paid outwith their official contract to play for Rangers. For years, Rangers won trophies and cups earning money at other clubs expense, while defrauding football supporters who believed they were paying to watch the game on an even-ish playing field. 

2) He walked out on Scotland for a third rate football club, a club that Isn't even the 4 th biggest club in the Birmingham area.That alone should have been enough for the SFA to throw his CV into the shredder. 

3) He failed to qualify in his previous stint.

4) He's failed at almost every club he has been at since he walked out on Scotland first time around.

But we're talking about one of the most corrupt, inept and incompetent, if not the most corrupt, inept, incompetent football association in the world.

The man is a fecking disgrace, he has no shame and no class. 

60EF74B5-9DB5-4CBD-9F9E-641FEF8E40E6.gif

5 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I agree.

Ginger baws had turned  a corner.

Your first post is still stinking, tho. 

Noted and tossed in the bin along with any hope the Scotland team has of doing anything in the next few years. 

Waste your time watching it if you like, I'll not be tuning in. 

i wish jj was my dad
13 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Fact. He brought in Griffiths and Berra and we magically improved! If he’d been picking them for three years like he should have we’d have made the euros and maybe the wc too. Prick.

Correct.

Rocky jamboa

McLeish is a shocking appointment as manager. The cheap option and the usual old pals act. He's done nothing as a football manager, apart from when he was at rangers, and anyone could have won trophies there. 

We should have went for Stevie Clarke. He's shown at killie that he can get the most out of an average squad. He's respected in the game and would have freshened things up.  

14 hours ago, Elmore said:

There is no way that Hendry had played better in the two games for Celtic than he did for Dundee. It sums it up for me. They don't make it easy for fans to get behind them.  A bunch of full metal jaikeys run our national team.  It does feels like SFAFC rather than the national side.  Is it because they're skint that McLeish got the job?  

What it's good for is Celtic and Rangers. Youngsters can see it's the way to go to play for Scotland. 

It should have been ten
18 hours ago, BigAlim said:

I just don't see the point of players like mcgregor and martin making these friendly squads, we should be looking to get the new generation playing together through the next campaign to prepare them for the one after, I would have more respect for McLeish if we played games such as this with a team like:

____________________Archer 

__________Souttar__McKenna__Tierney 

Paterson__McTominay__McGinn__Robertson

_________Burke__Cummings__Fraser

All of those players will be under 30 at the next World Cup in four years, now I know some of them will regress and some new players will emerge in that time but there's still a lot more value in putting them in at this age for friendlies than there would be picking players who won't be up to it in a couple of years, now obviously when the next euro qualifiers come around we should still be using players like Mulgrew, Griffiths etc. But we should be doing a better job of bleeding the new generation into the set up, it's a talented group imo and not one that should go to waste

Great post ??

It should have been ten
16 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

McLeish shouldn't have been near the Scotland job. If we were down to a choice of a half cut geriatric dinosaur like Craig Brown or Alex McLeish, Craig Brown should get the nod.

1) Alex McLeish was complicit in cheating at the club firmly known as Rangers by taking EBTs and knowing players were being paid outwith their official contract to play for Rangers. For years, Rangers won trophies and cups earning money at other clubs expense, while defrauding football supporters who believed they were paying to watch the game on an even-ish playing field. 

2) He walked out on Scotland for a third rate football club, a club that Isn't even the 4 th biggest club in the Birmingham area.That alone should have been enough for the SFA to throw his CV into the shredder. 

3) He failed to qualify in his previous stint.

4) He's failed at almost every club he has been at since he walked out on Scotland first time around.

But we're talking about one of the most corrupt, inept and incompetent, if not the most corrupt, inept, incompetent football association in the world.

The man is a fecking disgrace, he has no shame and no class. 

:spoton:

Take a bow son ??

It should have been ten
17 hours ago, The Brow said:

Strachans team was actually coming onto a game....we were looking alright and scoring goals. 

Good luck finding someone to replicate that. 

Totslly agree. Imagine replacing him with McPish 

:phface:

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Ah you missed out Mork & Mindy, Dukes of Hazzard, Chips, Happy Days and Starsky & Hutch....oh and the Waltons, Little house on the prairie and The Love boat :lol:

Metal Mickey was my favourite, 80’s though lol

:scenes:

Sorry off topic but not worth a thread again.watchin Portsmouth Oxford .This must go down as one of the shitiest football weekends this season.Intenational friendlies ,no hearts games no nothing.Thank Christ I'm retired and don't have to have a Monday morning feeling.

Wales v Uruguay tomorrow morning in the prestigious China Cup. 

I remember the scenes when Scotland won the Kirrin Cup. Magical times. 

It should have been ten
53 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Sorry off topic but not worth a thread again.watchin Portsmouth Oxford .This must go down as one of the shitiest football weekends this season.Intenational friendlies ,no hearts games no nothing.Thank Christ I'm retired and don't have to have a Monday morning feeling.

I'm watching it too. After sending the Oxford player off the ref should've sent the Portsmouth player off for the way he was milking the wee slap he got. Clown for  celebrating in the guy's face after he'd just missed the pen.

You're right, what a shitty weekend of football. 

shaun.lawson

What's happened to the Scotland team is a crying shame and absolute disgrace. Those responsible are the most incompetent football administrators in Western Europe. If Alex McLeish is the answer, what was the question? Oh, I know:

"Alex - we need a yes man who won't rock the boat, won't change anything, lost his energy and drive many years ago, and can be our useful idiot deflecting blame away from ourselves. You in?"

How can whatever criteria which led them to pursue Michael O'Neill then not have been maintained when he turned Scotland down? "We didn't get our first choice, so... um... let's do nothing!" International management is supposed to be the pinnacle. Not some retirement home for half-arsed, so past it it's unbelievable managers to get one last payday. Sad. 

maroonnicky63

Have to throw my support on the people on here who are very unhappy at the appointment of McLeish especially the way he walked out on Scotland before. I have no doubt in my mind that if Rangers offered him the job tomorrow he would grab it.

We have the best 2 central defenders in Scotland by a country mile and he doesn't name any of them , we already know what Hanley ect can do, it's friendlies FFS put players in and see what they can do you may find a winner in there.

Have to say I felt for young McBurnie he worked his socks of and got no support at all

I've just watched this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43527273

What on earth... Most of his lights are already out, hardly any sort of inspiration.

I doubt the SFA were ever going after O'Neill. McLeish was in dire need of some cash and this is his buddies at the SFA's way of looking out for him with his impending EBT tax bill.

We need this stack of cards to fall down completely. Those who are meant to be running the show are just lining their pockets with luxurious salaries while the Scottish game heads off cliff after cliff. Jobs for the boys, safe for life.

54 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

What's happened to the Scotland team is a crying shame and absolute disgrace. Those responsible are the most incompetent football administrators in Western Europe. If Alex McLeish is the answer, what was the question? Oh, I know:

"Alex - we need a yes man who won't rock the boat, won't change anything, lost his energy and drive many years ago, and can be our useful idiot deflecting blame away from ourselves. You in?"

How can whatever criteria which led them to pursue Michael O'Neill then not have been maintained when he turned Scotland down? "We didn't get our first choice, so... um... let's do nothing!" International management is supposed to be the pinnacle. Not some retirement home for half-arsed, so past it it's unbelievable managers to get one last payday. Sad. 

International management has not been the pinnacle since the early 90s so lets not start with that nonsense. Its a game for semi-retirement, unless you're Germany or to a certain extent, Italy, who's best success tends to come then they promote their u-21 manager. 

International management reminds me of the english managerial merry-go-round. Atletico Mince do a good sketch on Allardyce/Pardew/Pulis etc. Jobs for the dinosaurs down there and up here it would seem. 

2 hours ago, The Brow said:

Kirin Cup win was just a few hours before Hearts beat Gretna at Hampden 

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, The Brow said:

Those halcyon days. 

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

I think that after being turned down by MO they didn't want this replicated elsewhere as it would cause real embarrassment.

They then turned to someone who they were fairly certain would accept.

In short they would rather avoid a red face than wait and get the right man.

3 hours ago, The Brow said:

International management has not been the pinnacle since the early 90s so lets not start with that nonsense. Its a game for semi-retirement, unless you're Germany or to a certain extent, Italy, who's best success tends to come then they promote their u-21 manager. 

International management reminds me of the english managerial merry-go-round. Atletico Mince do a good sketch on Allardyce/Pardew/Pulis etc. Jobs for the dinosaurs down there and up here it would seem. 

Bob totally nailed the accents on that one!!!

Cruyff Turn

England sacked Allardyce for having a "chat" about how to get around FA rules on third party ownership.

Scotland appoint people who actually received money outside of their official contracts. 

You could not make it up. So corrupt.

Hagar the Horrible

The big Eck appointment is like the Cathro one, first reaction is WTF, second reaction is WTF Really,  Then once the reality is that this is not a joke, you very quickly go into denial mode as the brain has to protect itself from going into a dark place.  The reality is still there, it wont go away but you bury it? hope is the last thing that goes, wheras if you apply rational and logic hope should be the first thing that goes.  This is an experiment in failure, and to find new ways for Scotland to fail. The damage will take some time to overcome, Eck using words like Gallus tells us all we need to know?  The players must have looked at each other and said is he from another planet in another time zone?  Is this cat having a gas dude...hings jings and help ma boab?  20/20 foresight - no tarot cards required, this is failure and a new low waiting to happen,  It is what comes next that is more important,  McGee will be the next manager coz he fits the mould?  I dont know how to fix the problem, but i do know where to start and that is why there need a revolution and a burning of the blazers.  The first thing that has to change is the SFA, a mass clearout, then re-define their role and purpose.  If it is just to administer the game, then get administraton clerks in?  if its to govern the game, then get governers in "captains of industry" and make them accountable.  But for gods sake set out standards higher than mediocraty.

...a bit disco

McLeish is apparently ecstatic over the news that this man is back up to match fitness.

DZNXDRAU8AYIkqB.jpg

alwaysthereinspirit

The Costa Rica loss was not the @r$e kicking I had hoped for but maybe tomorrow will show him up for the fraud that he is. International class type manager my @$$.

14 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Bob totally nailed the accents on that one!!!

Not sure if listening to the same one, but Bob's Roy Hodgson is genius!

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Not sure if listening to the same one, but Bob's Roy Hodgson is genius!

Same one! Second only to his Jonjo Shelvey!

I cant see past the 'Peter Beardsley tells jokes' from this months. 

****ing dying. 

6 hours ago, The Brow said:

I cant see past the 'Peter Beardsley tells jokes' from this months. 

****ing dying. 

Last couple of Peter Beardsleys have been too sad! Preferred when he popped up next to Bob at a game with, say, Dara Obriain and Greg Wallace. Maybe while Bob was eating some pocket meat.

merseyjambo

I’ve had no real affinity towards the national team since Craig Brown. 

The reappointment of McLeish is a joke. A man who since the his time at Sevco where he could ‘cheat’ has continually failed in job after job progressively getting worse.

While he went about it in the wrong way, the Vogts experiment was at least something you could understand by starting to build towards the future and if the powers that be actually got out ahead of it and said that the aim is 2022 and beyond and building a team to get there, fans would probably accept it.

The truth is that he has gone back to the same old inept pros who have failed to get us through qualifying for numerous previous tournaments. From a selfish point, I don’t want our captain and best player getting injured putting himself about for that shower of crap. It’s time to ditch McGregor, Hanley, Berra, Martin, Mulgrew and the likes and bring in guys like Souter, McKenna, Jordan Jones, Liam Lindsay, Greg Docherty and the likes. 

Move the the likes of Cochrane, McCrorie, Leitch-Smith and Keillor-Dunn (assuming they are all Scottish)into the 21s taking some of them away with the full squad to get experience of what it’s like.

Project Brave was supposed to be about improving our national standing. We have got clubs who are bringing young Scottish lads into the first team yet we still have the same prehistoric relics running the game

6 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I’ve had no real affinity towards the national team since Craig Brown. 

The reappointment of McLeish is a joke. A man who since the his time at Sevco where he could ‘cheat’ has continually failed in job after job progressively getting worse.

While he went about it in the wrong way, the Vogts experiment was at least something you could understand by starting to build towards the future and if the powers that be actually got out ahead of it and said that the aim is 2022 and beyond and building a team to get there, fans would probably accept it.

The truth is that he has gone back to the same old inept pros who have failed to get us through qualifying for numerous previous tournaments. From a selfish point, I don’t want our captain and best player getting injured putting himself about for that shower of crap. It’s time to ditch McGregor, Hanley, Berra, Martin, Mulgrew and the likes and bring in guys like Souter, McKenna, Jordan Jones, Liam Lindsay, Greg Docherty and the likes. 

Move the the likes of Cochrane, McCrorie, Leitch-Smith and Keillor-Dunn (assuming they are all Scottish)into the 21s taking some of them away with the full squad to get experience of what it’s like.

Project Brave was supposed to be about improving our national standing. We have got clubs who are bringing young Scottish lads into the first team yet we still have the same prehistoric relics running the game

Jordan Jones is a full internationalist for Northern Ireland (though I approve of your sentiment regarding younger players)

merseyjambo
2 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Jordan Jones is a full internationalist for Northern Ireland (though I approve of your sentiment regarding younger players)

Didn’t realise as I pay very little attention to international football, but goes to show that other national managers are prepared to do something we’re not.

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Project Brave is just something to keep Malky Mackay busy so he earns his wage :whistling:

Considering that MacPhee was who the SFA wanted before he came to Hearts, to end up with Mackay in that role just shows how shite and hopeless the SFA are

Archived