Update from Ann

Chaps

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

My argument all along has been that Ann Budge said our playing budget would not be affected by the new stand costs. If you say that you believe what she says then you will agree with my argument.

Where do you get the "negative conclusions" from? I am the one who is believing our Chairwoman and Owner when she states that our playing budget has not been affected. On the other hand it seems as if you are saying you believe her but surely that negates your stance.

You are correct in saying that AB will be in possession of all the current facts and projections so it is impossible for any of us on here to know what the actual figures are and yet you presist in asking for proof.

We can only take what she says in the interim until the next set of accounts are available for us to view which makes it futile for you to have asked in the first place to produce figures to back up the argument.

I am not questioning her I am believing her and I am also well aware of the entitlement of shareholders to ask questions. Will you be asking any?

Right.  OK.  We agree.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with this FF and it would be interesting to read some comments on why everything effectively appeared to slow down, maybe even halt, in the early months of this year. Were the actual problems with the build down to what the club told the architect they wanted, the architect putting these down in drawings incorrectly or the builders misinterpreting those drawings. I know that when the new architect was appointed further drawings were required, which again would have involved additional costs. I believe the bogs have turned out to be a bit of a disaster by all accounts. Also be interesting to know if her brother's company really were the best choice of builders. Also some information on outstanding costs. I know, through asking, that it was hoped that the second floor of the new main stand facilities would all be in place by now, this then was given a revised date of June and from what I read somewhere last night the hope is it could be finished by December if there is sufficient money in place. Has the cost spiralled even further than we have been told, were there mistakes made in appointments and is anyone willing to accept responsibility, how much money is the club losing through the suites and top level restaurant possibly not being in place for at least another 9 months. The one thing the club have to make sure they don't do is continually go to the fans and ask for more money, because eventually the fans are going to say enough is enough, not because they want to deny the club money but because they have to just to survive on a daily basis.

Yeah I agree a bit of clarity wouldnt go a miss in this area and while I appreciate these discussions will all have been had in the background it would be good to get a view publicly on some of the issues. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Shouldn’t FoH be communicating that info to its members rather than the Hearts board?

No. As others have said the stand is the club's project not FoH's and I think the club board should be providing information to as I said  FoH members and fans in general, from whom most of the funding is coming from (whether via FoH or through ST and other purchases).

I would hope FoH would be encouraging the club to do this but at present FoH's main (indeed at times it seems only) focus is on keeping the money flowing. Rightly so and  (unlike the stand project timetable and targets) FoH has achieved this without any hitch or delay in meeting FoH's obligations to the club/Bidco.

Archived