Allan McGregor on the move..to us ( rumour )

CJGJ

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• HeartofHartley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Difficult to know what to believe when Rangers are involved and desperately trying to sell season tickets and Traynor feeding the complicit media rubbish about signing Arfield, MacArthur, Gerrard and now McGregor who is not the keeper he was. Time will tell but they owe Brighton and Hamilton so somehow see them rummaging in the bargain basement for loan signings rather than splashing cash that they don't have

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Looks like your source is right. He shook hands on a deal with Levein two months ago. Hearing that Rangers are offering £10k per week, more than double what he agreed with us. Good to know they are wasting £300k per year more than they needed to. 

Fingers crossed that he is still going to honour his handshake deal with Levein afterall........Levein the new Rangers manager?:pleased:

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Fingers crossed that he is still going to honour his handshake deal with Levein afterall........Levein the new Rangers manager?:pleased:

Only you, Gambo! 

TheAntiHibee
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

:berra:

If he's shook hands with Levein and is still entertaining the huns I'd rather we just moved on. If Mclaughlin could be persuaded to stay that should be aimed for, but with the money leeds can offer I doubt anything can stop that happening :/ 

I suppose the alternative to losing our keeper and our first choice target would be to look within Scotland - Jamie Mac would offer a safe if unspectacular pair of hands, Bain makes me as nervous as Hamilton tbh, Freddie Woodman from Newcastle on loan might be a shout if a loan to buy deal could be sorted? 

Those of us who remember the McGregor lunge on Calum at Tynecastle won't really want that kind of Keeper anyway.  And, unless he has changed didn't he think he was God's gift to women????   If Sevco are offering £10k then great. He is certainly not worth that kind of money 

5 minutes ago, Simmo said:

Those of us who remember the McGregor lunge on Calum at Tynecastle won't really want that kind of Keeper anyway.  And, unless he has changed didn't he think he was God's gift to women????   If Sevco are offering £10k then great. He is certainly not worth that kind of money 

Aye you're right. He's rubbish and not worth having because he likes women.

10 minutes ago, Simmo said:

You mean some guy that couldn't hack it at Hearts. That didn't have the bottle. Unlike McGregor.  

I'd rather McGregor signed for Ranger than Hearts regardless of who else we have lined up. He's a prick in the Kenny Miller mould and I would rather he was nowhere near Hearts.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Think McGregor would be an excellent signing, don't think money will be the most issue with him as he must be loaded anyway 

His experience  would improve us 

11 hours ago, Costanza said:

Rangers already have Foderingham who is a perfectly good keeper, so why would they sign McGregor?

Neither is going to accept being back up so seems a strange one unless they're trying to get some cash for Foderingham. 

Oh imagine a side who wants two perfectly good keepers??? That's just not on eh? ?? why would they want to sign another good keeper and I also reckon that one of them will just have to ****n accept being back up hence the massive wages 

2 hours ago, Simmo said:

If we’re ruling out signing players who once did a bad tackle and likes shagging, we’re ruling out all football players. 

7 hours ago, Gazbo said:

Oh imagine a side who wants two perfectly good keepers??? That's just not on eh? ?? why would they want to sign another good keeper and I also reckon that one of them will just have to ****n accept being back up hence the massive wages 

It doesn't seem a priority for them to spend (the alleged) 10k a week on an area of the team that isn't crucial.

Anyway, according to rumours on BBC this morning, "Hull City goalkeeper Allan McGregor is poised to agree a deal to re-join Rangers within the next 24 hours as a replacement for Wes Foderingham, who is being monitored by Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday" so looks like I was right...albeit relying on the Sun to prove my point!

Also says Hull are looking at McLaughlin to replace McGregor...

31 minutes ago, Costanza said:

It doesn't seem a priority for them to spend (the alleged) 10k a week on an area of the team that isn't crucial.

Anyway, according to rumours on BBC this morning, "Hull City goalkeeper Allan McGregor is poised to agree a deal to re-join Rangers within the next 24 hours as a replacement for Wes Foderingham, who is being monitored by Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday" so looks like I was right...albeit relying on the Sun to prove my point!

Also says Hull are looking at McLaughlin to replace McGregor...

Yaaay. Made my day...:seething:

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Craig Levein says he is definitely getting an experienced keeper in

Towards end of this EEN piece

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-boosted-by-demetri-mitchell-s-hearts-return-1-4730512

Hamilton must go out on loan to a championship club to prove himself.

Wonder how we found mclaughlin last year??

Edited by Jambof3tornado
Mistake

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

McLaughlin initially came in on a trial. We had another French (?) keeper in at the same time. It was quite late on mid August after Ian Cathro was sacked. 

Came to us after failing to agree a deal with Hull after a trial there. 

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

You mean some guy that couldn't hack it at Hearts. That didn't have the bottle. Unlike McGregor.  

Mikey, very surprised that you seem to be keen on that scumbag signing for us. I'm equally surprised that CL is even considering signing him.

10 hours ago, Taffin said:

I'd rather McGregor signed for Ranger than Hearts regardless of who else we have lined up. He's a prick in the Kenny Miller mould and I would rather he was nowhere near Hearts.

100% agree. I'd be looking for someone at least 10 years younger.

10 hours ago, Gazbo said:

Could you name some perfectly good keepers who are willing to sit on the bench every week when they could be in someone else's first team - and I don't mean in the EPL where i would happily sit on a bench for£10k or £20k a week, or more.

8 minutes ago, Simmo said:

Mikey, very surprised that you seem to be keen on that scumbag signing for us. I'm equally surprised that CL is even considering signing him.

It's pretty clear he isn't coming to Hearts. The EEN article quoted above even suggested Levein might have someone else lined up. 

The difference with McGregor is his failings are public. My experience is plenty others with good reputations do stuff too. Stuff during games like with Callum is just football. 

I'm more surprised and interested in Rangers and their fans welcoming him back when they've spent 6 years calling the guys like McGregor who walked away traitors. 

Edited by Mikey1874

What’s with this obsession with age?

Anyone who is of similar quality to McLaughlin would be an excellent signing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Motherwell found Trevor Carson relegated to the non league. Finding a decent keeper in England is relatively cheap and easy if you get off your arse.

Seriously who was quoting Jon McLaughlin as the answer before he appeared. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, andrew said:

Experience handling pressure and calm usually comes with age. But you are right some younger guys can handle it 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Taffin said:

Definitely and he’s on the wane anyway, has to better and younger goalies out there.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, andrew said:

Older goalies usually better, even Macdonald is a better goalie than he was and is know bang average as to below like before.

Auld Reekin'
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Older goalies usually better, even Macdonald is a better goalie than he was and is know bang average as to below like before.

:levein_interesting:

Jamboscanbevicius
40 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Allan McGregor has agreed terms on a second spell at #Rangers. Deal almost done.

Disappointing, as we seem to have been after him for a while. But money talks and it will be his last payday so can't blame him they are offering more unfortunately!

Thankfully, unlike the Gilks scenario, we are only in April so plenty of time to find the right GK for next season...

There are a few out of contract: Luke Steele, Ben Alnwick, Scott Bain, even Cammy Bell (for a backup only)

26 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

I hope, when asked what brought him back to Scotland, he says that he didn't want to end his career not having played for both Rangers.

Paving the way for reunion of the 2012 team. 

jack D and coke
On 25/04/2018 at 13:52, Jamhammer said:

Think both he and CL have made it pretty clear he wont be staying. We could do a lot worse than McGregor IMO.

I’m stunned people wouldn’t welcome a keeper of McGregor’s quality. 

Hearts fans eh :facepalm: 

jack D and coke
16 hours ago, Simmo said:

I remember that. I remember being raging about it too. 

I also remember Kyle Lafferty being an absolute weapon every time we played them. One game at Ibrox I thought I was going to have a brain haemorrhage shouting at him as he dived about the place, tried to get our players booked etc until he finally won them a penalty for a dive. I hated the ***** with a passion. 

I quite like Kyle now. 

maroonnicky63
Just now, Simmo said:

100% agree. I'd be looking for someone at least 10 years younger.

like Steven  Maclean :laugh: ??

davemclaren

McGregor would have been a great signing but it looks like it's not to be. Now we have to unearth someone else who is hopefully as good as the keeper we are losing. 

4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Said it on another thread...

Hamilton should have gone on loan to the championship/lower end of the premiership this year which would have given him the chance to stake a claim for the No.1 jersey in 2018/19.

Instead he chose to sit on his arse.

Greedy_Jambo
26 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Said it on another thread...

Hamilton should have gone on loan to the championship/lower end of the premiership this year which would have given him the chance to stake a claim for the No.1 jersey in 2018/19.

Instead he chose to sit on his arse.

Not sure it would of been Hamilton's choice. We'd of needed him as backup.

2 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

We had Noring as back up. 

Anyway there is loads of very good goalkeepers out there. Have a gut feeling Levein will have something lined up

Greedy_Jambo
5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

We had Noring as back up. 

Anyway there is loads of very good goalkeepers out there. Have a gut feeling Levein will have something lined up

Probably be Pat Bonner

13 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Please..would HAVE been and We'd HAVE needed. Lesson over.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Dont even mention his name... until we sign a good goalkeeper, I have the fear.

If the BBC rumour is true then I doubt he is Murty's choice as he's about to be punted. I also doubt it is the DOF...I can only imagine it is the King himself. Very Vlad-like - wonder if the MSM will run a story about it?