Allan McGregor on the move..to us ( rumour )

CJGJ

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Ryder said:

Would much rather keep Jon though? Surely?

Not if his price is increasing whilst AM's is coming back the other way. I would keep him if we could but contract chess is never easy. Better to have someone in the bank at your price rather than be ransomed

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• HeartofHartley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Kickback mainly

Facebook

Other Hearts fans 

I think my sources are solid

You hardly need a source to clarify this as it has been common knowledge since last year :laugh: 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Article on the BBC today asked if he would be interested in a move back North, replied in the affirmative that would suit for family reasons, and my guess is we have not been too generous with Jon, if we thought McGregor was available 

You reckon? I would have thought we have offered Jon the best we can but simply club in England can offer far more 

Differing age profiles and money earned in the game comparatively 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not if his price is increasing whilst AM's is coming back the other way. I would keep him if we could but contract chess is never easy. Better to have someone in the bank at your price rather than be ransomed

Fair point, equally though, we know Jon is excellent. Do we take a chance on 37 y/o McGregor still being as good? Can’t imagine McGregor will come cheap either?

Edited by Ryder

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Fair point, equally though, we know Jon is excellent. Do we take a chance on 37 y/o McGregor still being as good? Can’t imagine McGregor will come cheap either?

I'd rather have Jon but the reality is we can't compete with what is on offer ddown south. The Shagger is probably the next best option.

FWiW i don't like the guy but Levein has worked with him before so he knows what he would be getting. Money shouldn't be an issue now for him either.

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'd rather have Jon but the reality is we can't compete with what is on offer ddown south. The Shagger is probably the next best option.

FWiW i don't like the guy but Levein has worked with him before so he knows what he would be getting. Money shouldn't be an issue now for him either.

He was a very good keeper. Hope he still is. ?

All Out Attack

37 would be getting on a bit, but if he is even close to his previous best, he would be a good signing. 

Mclaughlin is going to take some replacing though. 

Italian Lambretta
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Article on the BBC today asked if he would be interested in a move back North, replied in the affirmative that would suit for family reasons, and my guess is we have not been too generous with Jon, if we thought McGregor was available 

He was specifically asked whether or not he would come back to Rangers no mention of anyone else. He looked a bit embarrassed and did a swift body swerve on the question.

So I expect this will be the line the media will take until he signs for us. Similar to the Naismith decision.

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Still does Dave, massive jambo

So is Craig Gordon & Scott Bain though....

Bain isn't now tho ,when signing for hibs he said he didn't support us as he was a player and players don't have a team ?.

Trying to appease that lot by denying his Hearts supporting ways means he can **** right off , he's also not that very good anyway 

HeartofHartley

He's not the biggest family man so that won't sway his mind if another contract offer from Hull or likewise comes in. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

He's not the biggest family man so that won't sway his mind if another contract offer from Hull or likewise comes in. 

He aboot 6ft3 

millerjames398
2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

JM won't be here next season

McGregor or a portugese keeper will be.

Portuguese keeper.... I'm intrigued?

millerjames398
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Still does Dave, massive jambo

So is Craig Gordon & Scott Bain though....

The hearts goalkeeper union....

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Couldn’t give a toss if they’re serial killers.

If they get us back up challenging for Cups regularly, & finishing back above Rangers, Hibs & Aberdeen - then I can’t see anyone bothering where they’ve come from.

???

3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Would be a superb signing to get mcgregor in but it all hinges on Hull so we just need to wait and see what they do.

Turd of a man, honestly, he would become a Hearts player I don't think I could applaud if I had the opportunity to attend.

I wouldn't give him dogs abuse but wouldn't cheer him on either, he is filled similar to Kyle Lafferty - who has completely won me around so what do I know.

Maroon specs with KL have been firmly off during his time here.

McGregor would be a good replacement. My dream, not totally unrealistic, goalie team would be Gordon back as coach and challanger to Jon, with Jack as third choice on loan for a season but still training with both those guys.

14 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Turd of a man, honestly, he would become a Hearts player I don't think I could applaud if I had the opportunity to attend.

I wouldn't give him dogs abuse but wouldn't cheer him on either, he is filled similar to Kyle Lafferty - who has completely won me around so what do I know.

Maroon specs with KL have been firmly off during his time here.

I couldn’t stand Lafferty at rangers and didn’t want him. Love the guy now, he’s been very good for us.

Escobar PHM
2 hours ago, LesJambes said:

I personally hope this one ends up in the Gullit lounge. Last thing we need is another Rangers-sympathiser in our squad, especially in goal and getting past it.

He’s a Hearts fan.

I think the foundations for AM signing for Hearts were done last summer. When it became clear Hull weren’t going to pay him off we moved for JM.

We haven’t offered JM anymore money....just extending his contract. I think we know we have AM in the bag.

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, the general said:

has he missed a lot of games this season?

No, he hasn't actually but he's not getting any younger and has had some bad injuries in recent years. 

Hopefully we are looking to bring in two keepers, just in case.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Bain isn't now tho ,when signing for hibs he said he didn't support us as he was a player and players don't have a team ?.

Trying to appease that lot by denying his Hearts supporting ways means he can **** right off , he's also not that very good anyway 

Can you imagine a hibby signing for hearts and saying at his first interview he is a Hibee. Only a daftie wouldnt give his response.

3fingersreid
28 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Can you imagine a hibby signing for hearts and saying at his first interview he is a Hibee. Only a daftie wouldnt give his response.

Or how about he says yes I grew up a Hearts man but I’m here to do my best for hibs ? Never deny who you support . 

11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Or how about he says yes I grew up a Hearts man but I’m here to do my best for hibs ? Never deny who you support . 

Just trying to win the fans over. But as mentioned he is not our number 1 target regardless

50 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Fairly sure McLaughlin said pretty much that ?

Remember when JM let that blooper run under him? Just goes to show X amount of games later no one wants to lose him inc me.

Honestly believe this was the plan all along. 

Although I think the management didn't imagine Jon turning out to be such a great signing. He has probably put a positive spanner in the works. 

They probably want to keep Jon now but are in a very funny situation. Throw everything into keeping him and possibly scupper our chances of getting McGregor if Jon decides to go elsewhere. 

Would love to keep Jon but his ability and wage demands might be out of reach and the sensible approach of getting McGregor in is possibly the best deal. 

3fingersreid
43 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Just trying to win the fans over. But as mentioned he is not our number 1 target regardless

Glad about that tbh , he’s never overly impressed me .

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I think the foundations for AM signing for Hearts were done last summer. When it became clear Hull weren’t going to pay him off we moved for JM.

We haven’t offered JM anymore money....just extending his contract. I think we know we have AM in the bag.

I'm struggling with this one. Not saying you're wrong but i can't see how the cost of keeping JM at Hearts is more than than recruiting a guy who must currently be on a very much bigger wage at an EPL club.  AM must be taking a huge wage cut if he is joining Hearts. 

43 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Fairly sure McLaughlin said pretty much that ?

I had thought that he said his family were hibees but he liked hearts. Must have got that one wrong.

21 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Although I think the management didn't imagine Jon turning out to be such a great signing. He has probably put a positive spanner in the works. 

They probably want to keep Jon now but are in a very funny situation. Throw everything into keeping him and possibly scupper our chances of getting McGregor if Jon decides to go elsewhere. 

Would love to keep Jon but his ability and wage demands might be out of reach and the sensible approach of getting McGregor in is possibly the best deal. 

McGregor was close last summer and I think JM was more of a back up/better than Hamilton option, you are correct in that he has done better than any expected, and i personally would keep him over AM given the chance but that doesnt seem to be the case. 

11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Glad about that tbh , he’s never overly impressed me .

+1

i wish jj was my dad
56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Something in this I think.

McGregor never got the pay off he expected so stayed put for another year. Nobody saw Jon turning out to be anywhere near as good as he is. Possibly including Jon himself. We get a terrific keeper for a season at relatively low cost,  he gets a lucrative move out of his exceptional season and McGregor replaces him on a Lafferty type deal. Winners all round.

i wish jj was my dad
39 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm struggling with this one. Not saying you're wrong but i can't see how the cost of keeping JM at Hearts is more than than recruiting a guy who must currently be on a very much bigger wage at an EPL club.  AM must be taking a huge wage cut if he is joining Hearts. 

He has apparently said he wants to play for Hearts before he retires. Have only heard it second hand so not ITK but source is good value.

4 hours ago, Spencer said:

You reckon? I would have thought we have offered Jon the best we can but simply club in England can offer far more 

Differing age profiles and money earned in the game comparatively 

If a top half championship club are interested in him then he is going to get £12-15k per week+. More than double, possibly three times what we would pay. At 31 he has to think of his non-playing days. Playing for top championship clubs hasnt stopped McGregor, Marshall et al getting caps. He has got his name in the spotlight up here, had a great season for us, good luck to him. 

HeartofHartley
53 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I had thought that he said his family were hibees but he liked hearts. Must have got that one wrong.

McGregor was close last summer and I think JM was more of a back up/better than Hamilton option, you are correct in that he has done better than any expected, and i personally would keep him over AM given the chance but that doesnt seem to be the case. 

+1

McGregor wasn't close last summer.

chester copperpot

I will be the first to know if there's anything to post about McGregor.

I don't get anything about Hearts but do have family ties to Allan. He sent me 4 pairs of goalie gloves and loads of training tops last week 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My speculative point was McLaughlin star is rising and will be able to dictate a price.  McGregor on the other glove is getting older made his money and is effectively stepping down. 

Perhaps the plan was always to take McGregor in 2018 hence a 1 year for Jon.

We aren't going to tell that to anyone publically. 

Speculative thoughtsonly 

chester copperpot
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Not used, I hope?

No sure. They didnae fit me anyhoo!  Gave them away to many a happy Rangers kid

HeartofHartley
59 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I will be the first to know if there's anything to post about McGregor.

I don't get anything about Hearts but do have family ties to Allan. He sent me 4 pairs of goalie gloves and loads of training tops last week 

PM me as I have the same ties you mention. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

If a top half championship club are interested in him then he is going to get £12-15k per week+. More than double, possibly three times what we would pay. At 31 he has to think of his non-playing days. Playing for top championship clubs hasnt stopped McGregor, Marshall et al getting caps. He has got his name in the spotlight up here, had a great season for us, good luck to him. 

Agreed. If he can achieve such terms good luck to him 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Callum Paterson is apparently on £10k a week plus a £10k bonus if they win!

7 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Luv a Daz post.....:clyay:

Exactly what I was thinking. Instantly ramps up the provenance 

2 hours ago, HeartofHartley said:

McGregor wasn't close last summer.

Had his contract been ripped up as planned he would have been here. FACT

I’m going to guess 53 pages before he signs for us or someone else. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I’m going to guess 53 pages before he signs for us or someone else. 

I'm going for 105 and he may or may not sign for us....

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I'm going for 105 and he may or may not sign for us....

Peeeeeee eeeeemmmmm!!!!!