Allan McGregor on the move..to us ( rumour )

CJGJ

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• Greedy_Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'm hoping Jon McLaughlin signs a new deal.

Couldn't give a **** about McGregor, tbh.

Looking unlikely ??

5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Levein has said in his presser that he’s pretty much away. 

Rangers already have Foderingham who is a perfectly good keeper, so why would they sign McGregor?

Neither is going to accept being back up so seems a strange one unless they're trying to get some cash for Foderingham. 

8 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

No chance I am afraid.  He has 3 big offers from Championship clubs down south.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So, let's hope Craig Gordon isn't wanted at Celtic or we're toiling for a quality keeper.

Why wouldn't he be wanted??

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Rangers aren't the only Scottish club to have made a contract offer. Make of that what you will. I expect todays news to be his agent trying to drum up interest. We seen this with Berra, Lafferty & Naismith before they signed for us. Make no mistake rangers are "interested and in talks" with everyone if papers are to be believed. 

Sevco have special dispensation to have a first team pool of 99 players from the authorities.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So, let's hope Craig Gordon isn't wanted at Celtic or we're toiling for a quality keeper.

I would imagine Dorus De Vries is a more realistic target?

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Thomaso said:

No chance I am afraid.  He has 3 big offers from Championship clubs down south.

Read on here Leeds Utd offered him 3 times what we could apparently. 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I would imagine Dorus De Vries is a more realistic target?

Christ, hope not. Imagine our signings being, Maclean, Ikpeazu, Mulraney and De Vries. :rofl:

If you didn't laugh, you'd greet. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yes, Craig Gordon, Allan McGregor and Jon McLaughlin are the only 3 quality keepers out there.

It’s clearly one of them or Jack Hamilton for us.

Relegation here we come.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Highways and Byways said:

Yes, Craig Gordon, Allan McGregor and Jon McLaughlin are the only 3 quality keepers out there.

Relegation here we come.

I'm sure there's more than that, however they are few and far between. 

If Jack Hamilton's the answer then I don't know what the question is. 

3 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Relegation here we come.

Name another quality keeper who is available. Thanks

davemclaren
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I won't lose sleep about losing out on Bain.

I didn’t even know we had been offered him. ??‍♂️

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I'm sure there's more than that, however they are few and far between. 

If Jack Hamilton's the answer then I don't know what the question is. 

So you don’t know we’re toiling for a quality keeper as you suggested?

The window isn’t even open yet. Let’s wait and see.

I'm surprised Rangers are interested in a player who alongside Steven Naismith (roundly booed by the Rangers fans and called a traitor) and several others refused to transfer to the new club in 2012. 

Maybe they haven't checked that. He was slightly under the radar by going to Besiktas rather than England. 

Thought their current keeper was doing well so he isn't necesssrily first choice. 

At least we have time unlike with Gilks. 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Laughable.

Wait a minute till I log into my Wyscout account.

How many on here knew of McLaughlin? A few at most and look at the impact he’s had.

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I think there might well be some when the window actually opens. 

44 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Read on here Leeds Utd offered him 3 times what we could apparently. 

Probably not true then. 

31 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Wayne Hennessey, Tim Krul, Michel Vorm, Artur Boruc, Boaz Myhill are ones people will have heard of.

Pepe Reina might still be haunted by the Templeton goal and surely can get a bigger club. 

But loads of others. 

35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm surprised Rangers are interested in a player who alongside Steven Naismith (roundly booed by the Rangers fans and called a traitor) and several others refused to transfer to the new club in 2012. 

Maybe they haven't checked that. He was slightly under the radar by going to Besiktas rather than England. 

Thought their current keeper was doing well so he isn't necesssrily first choice. 

At least we have time unlike with Gilks. 

Exactly, I suspect this is just the Glasgow Rangers media guys drumming up fake stories to try to console their Rangers supporting mates in the in the midst of two thrashing’s from Celtic. FWIW my source says McGregor still coming to us. Who knows to be honest. 

Jambof3tornado
52 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So by your count how many keepers are out there?? 2??? Dont be daft.

36 minutes ago, Barack said:

He won't be. 

But I go back to what I've said earlier: Let's assume it's not McGregor. Let's say we go for a keeper in The Championship, like we did with Jon. Who knew, apart from a handful of people on here, if that, he'd turn out the way he did?

You only have to bring up that thread to see the reactions. 

Are we honestly saying there's not quality down South, for example, that'll be available and within our budget? Because Jon's turned out so successful for us, we must have a name? Folk can't be that myopic. Surely? Lewis, at Aberdeen. Same thing.

Hamilton. Will. Not. Be. Number 1. 

I. Thank. You.

Big Jon has been shit hot down South for a good few years now I remember watching him for Bradford thinking we should have a look and thought it was a coup we had managed to get him, I remember thinking he must want back to Edinburgh or something. People saying “who heard of McGlauchlin” are pretty ignorant to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Big Jon has been shit hot down South for a good few years now I remember watching him for Bradford thinking we should have a look and thought it was a coup we had managed to get him, I remember thinking he must want back to Edinburgh or something. People saying “who heard of McGlauchlin” are pretty ignorant to be honest. 

I haven't heard of "McGlauchlin".........

HeartofHartley
38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly, I suspect this is just the Glasgow Rangers media guys drumming up fake stories to try to console their Rangers supporting mates in the in the midst of two thrashing’s from Celtic. FWIW my source says McGregor still coming to us. Who knows to be honest. 

Your source is wrong, Rangers bound on a 2 year deal almost done. 

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Think both he and CL have made it pretty clear he wont be staying. We could do a lot worse than McGregor IMO.

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Don’t shoot me down but... Michael McGovern? No sure if his contract situation but he’s no played a game all season for Norwich and he is a safe pair of hands

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Don’t shoot me down but... Michael McGovern? No sure if his contract situation but he’s no played a game all season for Norwich and he is a safe pair of hands

Very safe, and a similar relaxed style to Jon McLaughlin but capable of big saves. Any Northern Ireland player is possible with Austin McPhee around...

Weren’t Hull trying to launch Marshall not so long ago?(I appreciate that would leave them very light on keepers if McGregor go’s back to Rangers).

51 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Your source is wrong, Rangers bound on a 2 year deal almost done. 

Could be. As I said who knows. Probably only McGregor and his agent. 

Ron Burgundy

Gutted if McLaughlin moves on as he has been fantastic.

The way we seem to be raking the bins I wouldn't be surprised to see Conrad Logan getting a game for us next season.

13 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Gutted if McLaughlin moves on as he has been fantastic.

The way we seem to be raking the bins I wouldn't be surprised to see Conrad Logan getting a game for us next season.

Maybe time for a new avatar?

HeartofHartley
20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could be. As I said who knows. Probably only McGregor and his agent. 

My source.

2 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

Not even taking the time to spell the guys name correctly is pretty ignorant also!!

gashauskis9
5 hours ago, Costanza said:

Rangers already have Foderingham who is a perfectly good keeper, so why would they sign McGregor?

Neither is going to accept being back up so seems a strange one unless they're trying to get some cash for Foderingham. 

Foderingham is ****ing awful!

grumpyespana
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Cannot name one of the top of my head but think about it we had never heard of Jon last year so I would safely say there are plenty of SPL  type keepers out there in Craig we trust.

Things like this shouldn’t be a surprise. Most players would choose them over us everyday. Given half a chance Naismith would do the same, forget and move on coz I doubt very much if it was ever on the cards.

3 hours ago, HeartofHartley said:

My source.

Looks like your source is right. He shook hands on a deal with Levein two months ago. Hearing that Rangers are offering £10k per week, more than double what he agreed with us. Good to know they are wasting £300k per year more than they needed to. 

9 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Things like this shouldn’t be a surprise. Most players would choose them over us everyday. Given half a chance Naismith would do the same, forget and move on coz I doubt very much if it was ever on the cards.

Funnily enough I was pretty sure Naismith, McGregor and Whittaker would never want to go back there for any amount and their fans wouldn’t want them back. Time will tell