• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• tian447

• ...a bit disco

• Maroon Sailor

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Some Umbro kits, which has a bit more bearing on what we might see next season for ourselves:

newells_old_boys_2018_umbro_third_kit.jp

That, in maroon with white trim/diamonds would suit me just nicely for next season (and the badge would suit some posters on JKB recently :whistling:)

That would be a nice classy kit in maroon and white. Pretty sure that Umbro South American are a separate entity run under license rather than by Umbro themselves, though, so I'm not sure what the chances will be of us getting that specific design. It would be a logical next step for them, though, given the way they've subtly reintroduced the sleeve diamonds this year.

hmfc_liam06
On 4/4/2018 at 10:41, tian447 said:

I don't mind, but a black third kit would be the tits. All black, no trim, white or grey sponsor, monochrome Hearts badge, similar to the third kit this season.  I reckon we would make an absolute killing with that!

Matt black with nice black silk trim and sponsor logo complete with a black stitched badge...

:sweeet:

2 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Anyone heard that our 3rd kit might be the official away kit next year?

Absolutely no chance. 

On 04/04/2018 at 12:19, tian447 said:

Denmark shirt is a ****ing horror though :lol:

Wtf is that? :muggy: 

I think I'm safe to say it now, I always hated Hummel Kits. Kappa have done the same thing with the Torino strip, far too much of their branding on it.

On 04/04/2018 at 18:56, droid said:

Isn’t it a one off shirt(as in for one game) then auctioned off for charity? Kids in distress or something?

Well that shirt won't help their distress tbh..

I always thought of Hearts colors as being maroon, white, light blue, slightly darker light blue, amber like in the badge, grey. My favourite away shirts are the nearly all white ones. You know what would be class would be a diamond like Airdrie's home kit or a stripe like River Plate's, except in maroon.

Hibs colors are green, white, yellow, black, purple.

Edited by LesJambes

• 2 weeks later...

Some more ones from Umbro with  their Umbro Nations collection for the world cup. 

chapecoense_2018_la_pasion_umbro_nationssantos_2018_the_kingdom_umbro_nations_shcruzeiro_2018_blar_v%C3%ADkingur_umbro_ngremio_2018_charrua_umbro_nations_shirt.

Edited by Walrus

1 hour ago, Walrus said:

Some more ones from Umbro with  their Umbro Nations collection for the world cup. 

chapecoense_2018_la_pasion_umbro_nations

I both love and hate that shirt at the same time. 

Awful taste but great execution. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Walrus said:

chapecoense_2018_la_pasion_umbro_nationssantos_2018_the_kingdom_umbro_nations_shcruzeiro_2018_blar_v%C3%ADkingur_umbro_ngremio_2018_charrua_umbro_nations_shirt.

Third one down with the big furry collar would be handy in the winter. Look great with short sleeves and ? 

Absolute Scenes

Does anyone have links to good kit builders online?

Would be nice to start or continue a thread for fan made kit designs for next season kits, and see some of them - because last time some of them were fantastic!

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Third one down with the big furry collar would be handy in the winter. Look great with short sleeves and ? 

??????

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I both love and hate that shirt at the same time. 

Awful taste but great execution. 

I would have thought it was in quite good taste for the club as a thank you to Colombia, who helped Chape so much in the wake of the disaster.

Placid Casual
On 07/04/2018 at 18:18, LesJambes said:

I think I'm safe to say it now, I always hated Hummel Kits. Kappa have done the same thing with the Torino strip, far too much of their branding on it.

Yes, too much branding on the Hummel kits, although some of their 80’s shirts (Denmark, Villa, Southampton) are stone-cold classics.

I see Rangers are being linked with Hummel. The jailbird chevrons on the kit would suit them.

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

:laugh:

56 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Would be nice to start or continue a thread for fan made kit designs for next season kits, and see some of them - because last time some of them were fantastic!

I don't know of any online, but there's a good wee program called 'smart shirt designer' you can download for free. Here's an example I made from an alternate history project

image.png.3b67b13bf10fa2edae26aa4d30b457a5.png

3 hours ago, Walrus said:

santos_2018_the_kingdom_umbro_nations_sh

That would be a nice one for Iceland.

9 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Yes, too much branding on the Hummel kits, although some of their 80’s shirts (Denmark, Villa, Southampton) are stone-cold classics.

I see Rangers are being linked with Hummel. The jailbird chevrons on the kit would suit them.

:laugh: Or an orange jumpsuit! Maybe not.. :D 

55 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I would have thought it was in quite good taste for the club as a thank you to Colombia, who helped Chape so much in the wake of the disaster.

That's all fine and well, but the actual design manages to be great and awful at the same time.

PhoenixHearts
7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Qatar home kit...

qatar_2018_nike_home_kit.jpg

Uninspiring. Lovely colour though. I feel the 'big three' are all on the decline recently. Nike have been main offenders though for the past 3 years. Every team just getting the same kit in different colours. Puma overly reliant on templates, but at least they seem keen to implement a sublimated or embossed graphic once in a while. Adidas were on some boring shit too, but the reworked retro stuff they've done for the world cup this year is some of their best in a long time.

PhoenixHearts
8 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

A couple of designs knocked out with Smart Shirt Designer.

HeartsShirtHome.png.e74bd3eafd7ae2bbe05f607e01e14527.pngHeartsShirtAway.png.0168440dbefcfa5b16dc9998f847a992.png

Hingin sponsor tbh. Reminds me of the billy boy young team and their ill-fated spell at the bottom of section H a while ago with the 'Hertz' flag

2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Hingin sponsor tbh. Reminds me of the billy boy young team and their ill-fated spell at the bottom of section H a while ago with the 'Hertz' flag

Yeah that bit was just a joke, wasny sure who t put there for next season.

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Excellent mate, thank you!

NP! Good idea for a thread btw. Maybe you could have it a competition with a poll at the end for everyone's favourite design. Another alternative is to design kits and put them into FIFA. Here's my Aragon kit

fifa14_160701_1632322.PNG

Absolute Scenes
29 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

NP! Good idea for a thread btw. Maybe you could have it a competition with a poll at the end for everyone's favourite design. Another alternative is to design kits and put them into FIFA. Here's my Aragon kit

Cracking idea!

Might do just that, if I can be bothered though haha!

1 hour ago, LesJambes said:

Yeah that bit was just a joke, wasny sure who t put there for next season.

Pot Noodle is going to be the new sponsor! ;)

PhoenixHearts

Just a messy quick job because I'm doing it on the sly at work, but I'd like to see some form of candy stripes come back for a season. Forgive the sponsor, just going off some of the rumours on here.

Hearts Candystripe.jpg

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Just a messy quick job because I'm doing it on the sly at work, but I'd like to see some form of candy stripes come back for a season. Forgive the sponsor, just going off some of the rumours on here.

Hearts Candystripe.jpg

Wouldn't mind those.

A wee departure from the retro feel we've had in the last few kits.

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wouldn't mind those.

A wee departure from the retro feel we've had in the last few kits.

I would love to see a maroon umbro version of Koln or Bayern's striped kits from this season.

I'm not a Man City fan, but they have this old retro shirt that I would love to see Hearts wear.

mcfc-184819.jpg

23 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Hearts Candystripe.jpg

Oooft, ya dancer, they would be absolutely perfect!  Top work! :) 

Edit - Genuinely not joking, but that's probably the best kit mockup Kickback has ever seen!

Edited by tian447

Cruyff Turn
13 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I would love to see a maroon umbro version of Koln or Bayern's striped kits from this season.

I'm not a Man City fan, but they have this old retro shirt that I would love to see Hearts wear.

mcfc-184819.jpg

That would be smart as feck. Black socks, maroon trim. :sweeet:

2 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

kit.gif.0de6ebd0a336c552b59a5ca409b07750.gif

Did you make that?! If so, how tf!?! :o

1 hour ago, Mollo said:

Pot Noodle is going to be the new sponsor! ;)

Lol. How about Bimbo for the ladies? :P
image.png.9bafb8c58d58889ad797a5660970d18b.png

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Hearts Candystripe.jpg

I'm not normally a fan of the pinstripe, but that's really nice! What software do you use, if you don't object to sharing your secrets? The only slight criticism I'd have are the home strip socks, that is a bit too rangersy for me. I'd prefer all black (like Torino) or all maroon or white. The same as the away socks would be nice too. Just my opinion though.

PhoenixHearts
13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Oooft, ya dancer, they would be absolutely perfect!  Top work! :) 

Edit - Genuinely not joking, but that's probably the best kit mockup Kickback has ever seen!

Cheers! 

Some heavy praise there, considering the famous 'pies' kit that pops up every year. Beautiful.

Tbh It's a bit of a mess, and I wish I could have done a proper rendering of a real kit in photoshop instead of the crappy 5 minute job.

Anyway, only reason you rate it so highly is because you've yet to see the third of the set. Allow me to lower myself in everyone's estimation.

Committing Kickback suicide in 3... 2... 

hearts 3rd.jpg

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

I'm not normally a fan of the pinstripe, but that's really nice! What software do you use, if you don't object to sharing your secrets? The only slight criticism I'd have are the home strip socks, that is a bit too rangersy for me. I'd prefer all black (like Torino) or all maroon or white. The same as the away socks would be nice too. Just my opinion though.

Yeah, I originally thought all black socks, but thought the maroon turnovers would tie in with the kit.

I just hope we get some black socks in real life soon.

And I just did this on CorelDraw. Use it for work. Essentially Adobe Illustrator for people who don't think too much of themselves.

4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Yeah, I originally thought all black socks, but thought the maroon turnovers would tie in with the kit.

I just hope we get some black socks in real life soon.

And I just did this on CorelDraw. Use it for work. Essentially Adobe Illustrator for people who don't think too much of themselves.

Thanks! Seems perfect for me then! :D I've got used to using Flash to draw, it's got a really nice feel to it, but my version can't export vector graphics unfortunately. I'll have a look at Coreldraw.

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 hours ago, LesJambes said:

Looks nothing like the boy from Lord of the Rings

6 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Looks nothing like the boy from Lord of the Rings

:D  I was waiting for that. The player on the left looks more like Adam Sandler there, forgotten his name though

The Wrinkly Ninja
6 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

:D  I was waiting for that. The player on the left looks more like Adam Sandler there, forgotten his name though

Bobby Boucher?

631FEA0E-FAAF-40B3-AD40-9AABCAF73185.jpeg

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

At the risk of incurring the wrath of some on here, fans with huge beer bellies just should not wear strips.

They look feckin ridiculous.

I don't wear a strip........

Not because I have a beer belly. I don't.

However people of my age, 61, should not wear football strips to matches. 

No offence intended. Just my opinion.

I agree. They shouldn't sell our shirts in anything above a medium.

3 hours ago, LesJambes said:

Did you make that?! If so, how tf!?! :o

Lol. How about Bimbo for the ladies? :P
image.png.9bafb8c58d58889ad797a5660970d18b.png

yep 3d software

5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Hearts Candystripe.jpg

:sweeet:

6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Cheers! 

Some heavy praise there, considering the famous 'pies' kit that pops up every year. Beautiful.

Tbh It's a bit of a mess, and I wish I could have done a proper rendering of a real kit in photoshop instead of the crappy 5 minute job.

Anyway, only reason you rate it so highly is because you've yet to see the third of the set. Allow me to lower myself in everyone's estimation.

Committing Kickback suicide in 3... 2... 

hearts 3rd.jpg

PIES is an absolute classic, but this surpasses it IMO :)

See if Umbro announced that's what our kits were next year, I'd be more than happy. Fire them an email please! :lol: