Well done Marcus Godinho

sim

I have 1 question about Marcus. When Brandon is back from injury, who should be first pick for right back/right wing back.

Just now, superjack said:

I have 1 question about Marcus. When Brandon is back from injury, who should be first pick for right back/right wing back.

Smith

Phil Dunphy

He’s been very good since coming into the team. Would happily give him a run til the end of the season. 

The lad looks quality and very assured. Done my head in today when the crowd started to get on his back for passing the ball backwards when there was no other pass available to him.

He kept possession well and got forward at every opportunity, he could no doubt be our RB for years to come if he continues to develop.

heartmussel
6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The lad looks quality and very assured. Done my head in today when the crowd started to get on his back for passing the ball backwards when there was no other pass available to him.

He kept possession well and got forward at every opportunity, he could no doubt be our RB for years to come if he continues to develop.

Big decision for Levein Liam Smith,or Godinho thought he had a fair game today was well protected but don’t think he is ready to be first choice next season.

7 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Like him but I wanted him to push forward more and improve on his crossing as that's 3 games now when in a decent crossing position he hardly beats the first man. 

24 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Like him but I wanted him to push forward more and improve on his crossing as that's 3 games now when in a decent crossing position he hardly beats the first man. 

I'm in this camp.

Looks a solid defender but is a little hesitant going forward. A very Levein-type player :lol:

Saw him play for Berwick against Edinburgh City (who had Beattie at centre half) at new year. From that game, I thought he'd never get near SPL level. Quite happy to be wrong on that judgement, looks decent enough so far.

45 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Big decision for Levein Liam Smith,or Godinho thought he had a fair game today was well protected but don’t think he is ready to be first choice next season.

Liam smith??????????

Psychedelicropcircle

Had many a chance to go forward today and played it safe 3-0 up at the time. No judgement just sayin.

heartmussel
16 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Liam smith??????????

Yup Liam Smith,doing very well with St Mirren,drafted into Under 21 Scotland squad I believe.

Futurejambo1
13 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Yup Liam Smith,doing very well with St Mirren,drafted into Under 21 Scotland squad I believe.

He’s been a regular with the 21s for the last season got a few caps. I hope to see him back at Tynie 

13 minutes ago, Futurejambo1 said:

He’s been a regular with the 21s for the last season got a few caps. I hope to see him back at Tynie 

He looked great in his first six months, but was terrible when called upon last season.

How's he been at St Mirren?

i wish jj was my dad

Looks good to me. I hope we stick by him. Great to see so many promising kids coming through.

Bazzas right boot

He looks good, done well.

But in all honesty I like smith and Brandon as well.

Smith is also capable.

Randall is also a decent defender, but imo behind all the above.

Right back if most definitely not an issue.

I'd like to think Brandon could be played in midfield.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

He looked great in his first six months, but was terrible when called upon last season.

How's he been at St Mirren?

He was played at lb on most occasions last season.

From what I saw, a good right back, a poor left back. Hardly surprising.

Also heard Messi is a shite centre half.

14 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He was played at lb on most occasions last season.

From what I saw, a good right back, a poor left back. Hardly surprising.

Also heard Messi is a shite centre half.

He's probably awesome there too, the wee prick...

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

He's probably awesome there too, the wee prick...

Ok, he's a shite goalie then?

RenfrewHearts
12 minutes ago, kila said:

Seems a good lad. Been impressed with him so far after a difficult first 45 minutes. 

3fingersreid
26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Decent player, I always thought he would fit us nicely, even as ex hibs

I’ve said that a few times on here , can play two or three positions which helps as well and has a decent delivery from set pieces . Didn’t know he is Canadian or has Canadian family 

A_A wehatethehibs

Can’t believe Liam Smith has been mentioned ? very average, found his level

Godinho and Brandon both far better prospects.

jamboinglasgow

Made his debut for Canada today. Played the second half in a 1-0 win over New Zealand. Pleased for him.

David Wotherspoon also made his debut for Canada

Cruyff Turn

Congratulations to Marcus on his debut. 

The lads done really well so far and looks a prospect.

Always delighted to see lads coming through and representing their Country.

heartsfc_fan

I like this lad.

Right back has never been an issue for us over the last few years. Paterson of course and now we have Godinho, Smith and Brandon who are all under contract next season.

On 21/03/2018 at 23:44, Smithee said:

He would have been a Hearts player had Locke remained in charge.

Not convinced by Godinho as yet, looks average so far. Hopefully will improve as he gains more games under his belt. 

35 minutes ago, Ministry said:

Not convinced by Godinho as yet, looks average so far. Hopefully will improve as he gains more games under his belt. 

He's a young lad ffs ? still learning his trade! Early signs are positive for a boy his age if you ask me 

On 21/03/2018 at 00:44, Smithee said:

Think we did try to sign him a while back

12 hours ago, 12august1893 said:

DZFq-IVW0AMPpUi.jpg:large

Surprised Niemi only got 5 caps at first but I suppose Jaaskelainen was their go-to. 

rudi must stay
On 21/03/2018 at 23:10, kila said:

Says all the right things there. With Levein bringing him in all of a sudden and him getting his first cap, seems like Levein and the other coaches have got the timing absolutely right

RenfrewHearts
13 hours ago, Ministry said:

:lol: really? 

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Surprised Niemi only got 5 caps at first but I suppose Jaaskelainen was their go-to. 

Niemi got 67 caps for Finland, looks like the amount of caps they got whilst at Hearts.

Quite like the fact that Miko is our highest non-Scottish capped player :lol:

Hearts Heritage
3 hours ago, King prawn said:

Caps are when with Hearts.

RenfrewHearts
2 hours ago, Ministry said:

Yeah really. 

Seems strangely harsh. He’s played 3 games and other than a few nervy moments at Motherwell he’s been one of our better players. Comfortable on the ball and solid in the tackle, I reckon he’s got a bright future. 

Unknown user
16 hours ago, Ministry said:

I've been really impressed myself, he's pacey, athletic, forward thinking, confident and assertive, especially for his age and experience.

I can't think of any scary moments defending or any signs of tactical difficulty, he seems to understand his position, he's been capped by his country and hasn't even turned 21 yet.

He's no Messi but the signs are very positive for a 20 year old right back at SPFL level. What aspects seem average to you?

Archived