Who should we support in the World Cup?

LesJambes

Obviously everyone playing England, but other than that who should we support in the World Cup? We need to divide up the World Cup by clubs, so for instance Aberdeen can have Iceland because of Arnasson, Hibs can have Morocco cuz of Rherras. Who should the jambos support? Eg Czech Rep because of Skacel, except they're no in it.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott herbertson

I usually enthuse about the German team as I’ve lived in England for years and it gently winds up my mate’s. As I’ve returned to Scotland I might have to be reasonable

so it’s anyone but England for me....

seriously ly I’ll wait and see who plays good attacking football and support them

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'll do my usual with England in tournaments - hope they get humiliated early but end up hoping they win if they get to the semis. ?

Jason Dufner

Quite like Tunisia, Panama & Belgium.

Also Germany, liked them ever since winning a couple hundred quid with Thomas Muller being top scorer at the 2010 World Cup...At 66’s!

been here before

If Scotland arent there, which has obviously become the norm, then Ill probably only watch it casually- see who I like the look if and keeo half an eye in it.

This "obviously anyone but England" stuff is puerile halfwittery at best.

Since the Dutch continue to be shite it'll be Spain and Mexico. Usually quite like the Scandanavian fans also.

Jason Dufner
Just now, Mars plastic said:

These threads always bring out the chip on the shoulder jock brigade.

It’s more the enjoyment of seeing the English media big them up after a friendly or two as potential winners only to then get pumped out by a smaller nation.

Queue the usual English football needs a total youth overhaul which then gets brushed under the carpet as they go on to beat San Marino 8-0 in the next qualifying campaign.

HeartofHartley
11 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I like Harry Kane so England for me

4 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

ENGLAND. 

I hope these are both jokes. 

Just now, HeartofHartley said:

I hope these are both jokes. 

Why? I want them to do well or even better win it .

HeartofHartley
Just now, Irufushi said:

Why? I want them to do well or even better win it .

Are you English? 

My dad's from Iran so I'll say hello from the group stage, you serial failure Scots! 

Have 20 quid on France to go all the way though 

I think it's between Germany, Belgium and France. Iceland, Sweden, Denmark and Russia might do better than expected as well. Hedging my bets a bit I realise :D but I think it will be a European team that wins. Most likely Germany, but would be great to see Russia win at home.

2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Are you English? 

When I lived in Glasgow there were a lot of wee neds wearing England "taps", they mainly do it t wind people up, they really hate England as much as anyone else.

rudi must stay

Will be supporting Argentina. Messi is obviously some player, would be great to see him get his hands on the trophy

gerryjambo41

Russia are the only team I’d like to pumped more than England. Germany are always there or there about so probably them . 

Tokyo Drifter
15 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I'll do my usual with England in tournaments - hope they get humiliated early but end up hoping they win if they get to the semis. ?

I do it the other way round - hope they win in a lukewarm fashion then laugh my a*** off when they don't. That way I'm never disappointed.

As for who to support, it's gotta be Panama, Iran and - my  big  team - Sweden.

Most games will be as apetising to me as a stone cold poke of chips you find beside your bed after a heavy night on the sauce.  Will watch some games though but can’t stand international football.

If no Hearts players will be there, then just Germany. Wife, and I suppose technically the kids too, are krauts so if they do well, it's normally a happy household for me. 

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I will be supporting England as I have some watered down English blood in me

So roond anyone who has any derogatory comments. 

you should see a doctor about that

I'm supporting Belgium as my missus ' mum and family are all Belgian. Taking my missus to her first ever Scotland game in September too for the Belgium game.

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

IMG_2999.JPG.32eb0bcb754ed0b362849e52063cd39e.JPG

This

I will be supporting ?? 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Jason Dufner said:

Quite like Tunisia, Panama & Belgium.

Also Germany, liked them ever since winning a couple hundred quid with Thomas Muller being top scorer at the 2010 World Cup...At 66’s!

I won 900 nicker at Euro 96 with Oliver Bierhoff's winner against the Czech's.

The fact I was in Amsterdam at the time, playing darts against Dutch boys and celebrated wildly when he scored didn't go down too well. Genuinely had no idea the Dutch detested the Germans so much.

England for me tbh. I don't want my mates down here thinking I'm a stereotypical "Jock" with one dimensional vision. 

Just now, New York Fleapit said:

Germany, land of my forebears.

Geordie McCrae just turned in his grave.

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Herr Norman der Barman.

Will you be singing the German anthem before each game ? 

Heh! I can sing most of the first verse but the missus tells me off if I join in. They don't really do the national anthem over there. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

These threads always bring out the chip on the shoulder jock brigade.

These threads always bring out you who will do nothing but attack posters and offer zero to the actual subject.

Yawn.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Geordie McCrae just turned in his grave.

Bit harsh, mate.

Obviously whoever’s playing England, Wales can **** off too. 

Won’t necessarily support anyone apart from that, hopefully a decent tournament. 

Archived