Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Nah I'll leave it open. There'll be plenty others using it.

aw yeah of course

You and your "social group"

:rofl:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Don't remember asking you for your input

You and your little ring of Levein haters is embarrassing, all standing up for each other, holding each others hands.

Chronic, childlike post from a really miserable and laughable poster

How you've managed to still be allowed on here after 15000 of these posts is unbelievable 

And who the **** do you think you are???   189 posts in and you come away with that shite!   Listen pal I've done more for Hearts than you can imagine in your tiny mind - so do one with your petty infantile insults!

47 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If say we were for kicking him out. You do have to have a better option. Last August after 4 weeks we decided there wasn't. Not sure that has changed. People will say Clarke but wouldn't surprise me if something nice comes his way

This comment is not aimed at you as what you’ve posted is a valid and coherent point. However are people really saying that Heart of Midlothian Football Club can attract NO suitable, qualified, quality candidates and that our sole aim would be to go and steal Steve Clarke from

Kilmarnock. There is much nonsense posted on this forum but that has to take the biscuit!! We are a hugely attractive proposition if the Manager / Head Coach is given the autonomy and the board backing to do his job! Excellent remuneration package (especially if we get rid of the unnecessary DoF role to pay a top candidate), superb stadium, tremendous fanbase, amazing training / sports medicine etc facilities and a great opportunity to mount a challenge by putting together an attack minded, pacey, aggressive, energetic and youthful first team. It’s a fantastic job for the correct person. Ann Budge herself was enthused (or at least pretended to be :rolleyes:) with the candidates during last August’s fiasco and I’ve no doubt whatsoever that we would be inundated with cv’s. My personal preference would be to steer well clear of anyone with a background in Scottish football, as we are seeing once again with Levein the fear of Rantic runs deep and the acceptance that we can never challenge undoubtably rubs off on players. 

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Someone who supports their team through thick and thin, and who doesn't let personal hatred towards and individual in charge of their team get in the way of talking sense and actually looking at the bigger picture...which is  that its really not as bad as people are making out.

A fair few on here are beyond help with that though

Presumably you think West Ham fans aren't proper fans because they are not supporting the team through thick and thin. Invading the pitch directly cost them a goal . They should be supporting the club, Davie Moyes and the players yeah??

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

How many has he actually signed since he came in as manager?? Loan signings don't count because they are by definition short term.

Are you serious??

Loan SIGNINGS don't count as signings???

There you have it folks

He has SIGNED (regardless of how long) 7 players

think before you type for Pete sake

Escobar PHM
26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Callaghan since he became Manager. Amankwa not fit so would say that was a bizarre signing more than anything. Plenty mistakes while DOF.

Naismith hasn't exactly been pulling up trees for the money he must be costing us and the obvious class he has. Brought in for a cup run and we go out at the first time of asking.

Waste of money having him for a mid table slog.

Just now, Thomaso said:

And who the **** do you think you are???   189 posts in and you come away with that shite!   Listen pal I've done more for Hearts than you can imagine in your tiny mind - so do one with your petty infantile insults!

You tell him Shomato, you're now one of my top 5 posters :wub:

There's a fairly simple question that should be posed here.

If Craig Levein wasn't a Hearts Legend, and had no history with us whatsoever...would we want him to stay/would we be willing to give him more time (based on his performance thus far)?

Personally, my answer to that is unfortunately not...but I can understand why others are open to giving him more time.

Just now, smiler said:

You tell him Shomato, you're now one of my top 5 posters :wub:

Cheers Shmiler!

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It will probably be the same suspects who voted Cathro to stay that back Levein. They will learn that they are wrong just like they were with Cathro.

Incorrect.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Presumably you think West Ham fans aren't proper fans because they are not supporting the team through thick and thin. Invading the pitch directly cost them a goal . They should be supporting the club, Davie Moyes and the players yeah??

Yeah I do, I think that's ridiculous behaviour

Invading the pitch to make a stance?? Pathetic

that's not supporting the team, that's showing people why we need prisons

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

aw yeah of course

You and your "social group"

Aye social group. Pals I go to games with. You got any ?

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

If Craig Levein wasn't a Hearts Legend, and had no history with us whatsoever...would we want him to stay/would we be willing to give him more time (based on his performance thus far)?

Personally, my answer to that is unfortunately not...but I can understand why others are open to giving him more time.

He would be nowhere near the job in the first place if it hadn't been for stuff he did 14-15 years ago and beyond.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

This comment is not aimed at you as what you’ve posted is a valid and coherent point. However are people really saying that Heart of Midlothian Football Club can attract NO suitable, qualified, quality candidates and that our sole aim would be to go and steal Steve Clarke from

Kilmarnock. There is much nonsense posted on this forum but that has to take the biscuit!! We are a hugely attractive proposition if the Manager / Head Coach is given the autonomy and the board backing to do his job! Excellent remuneration package (especially if we get rid of the unnecessary DoF role to pay a top candidate), superb stadium, tremendous fanbase, amazing training / sports medicine etc facilities and a great opportunity to mount a challenge by putting together an attack minded, pacey, aggressive, energetic and youthful first team. It’s a fantastic job for the correct person. Ann Budge herself was enthused (or at least pretended to be :rolleyes:) with the candidates during last August’s fiasco and I’ve no doubt whatsoever that we would be inundated with cv’s. My personal preference would be to steer well clear of anyone with a background in Scottish football, as we are seeing once again with Levein the fear of Rantic runs deep and the acceptance that we can never challenge undoubtably rubs off on players. 

Spot on Hendricks. IMO we need a foreign manager with no qualms about going to Glasgow to play the OF. Generations of young players have been infected with this self-perpetuating fear about the OF, by Scottish managers, which is why they have dominated the game here for decades. No point in bringing youngsters through the Academy then stunt their development with negativity as soon as they reach first team level 

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

He would be nowhere near the job in the first place if it hadn't been for stuff he did 14-15 years ago and beyond.

Yeah exactly...but in my opinion, there should be absolutely no room for sentiment with regards to performance, if you fail at the job (or show no signs of improvement) then you need to be replaced irrespective of what you achieved previously.

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I would doubt it!

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

ooft big crew o bitters I presume?

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Are you serious??

There you have it folks

I'm thinking perfectly coherently thanks. I wouldn't have supported the signing of Naismith to be wasted in midfield would you ?? He needs replacements for the loan signings in the summer. What's your point?

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm thinking perfectly coherently thanks. I wouldn't have supported the signing of Naismith to be wasted in midfield would you ?? He needs replacements for the loan signings in the summer. What's your point?

you wrote that Loan signings don't counts as signings....but they still have to sign to be able to play...so they are signings....so they count as signings...so it looks like you are just rambling a lot of pesh

SpruceBringsteen

Not bothered where the manager is from, or even if Levein stays. I just want us to play in a manner that doesn't make me want to immediately pour 400 paracetamol down my gullet. 

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

Escobar PHM

ooft big crew o bitters I presume?

Not really. Half a dozen gentlemen of a certain age who enjoy the bevvy far more than the football at the moment. Its a fairly common theme throughout the stadium. Been recently ?

The Wrinkly Ninja

This hand wringing happy clapping apologist took his head out of the sand long enough to vote stay. Bullying on every thread by posting the same thing over and over and over will never make me apologise for that!

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Would definitely be for keeping him. If you imagine Sergio or even Czaba having had 6 months which included hammering Celtic and beating Hibs in the cup, would we really be for chucking them out and paying massive compensation after a bad spell where injuries played a large part.

For me although I think he should stay for now, I have more worries around a generally cautious approach to games and the double edged sword of  his extremely dominant personality ( which I think endangers the whole approach and may prevent us developing independent thinkers from: within the coaching staff). But on balance now isn’t a good time to risk the upheaval and cost as far as I’m concerned.

16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

you and your 1000 mates can go elsewhere then. The majority of real fans don't want you near the stadium

It wasn’t me that used the 1000 figure honey.....try again!! As for “real” fans, ludicrous comment given the people you are arguing with (badly!) are absolute diehards with many hundreds of Hearts games watched. I can only speak for myself but I’ve watched significantly more Hearts games in the flesh than our record appearance holder has played in so I feel that shows a level of commitment and loyalty! Regardless what it will never do is silence me from voicing how badly a job I believe the 1st team football department  to be doing. Continual and mass underachievement may be the norm at Hearts but just because that’s the case doesn’t mean people should idly accept it and lower expectations to the levels that some are articulating. Collectively whichever side of the ever increasing divide you fall we all deserve a hell of a lot better and I’ll keep saying that and being proven right whilst we continue to go through the motions and see failure after failure. 

Geoff the Mince
16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Are you serious??

There you have it folks

:cornette:

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

you wrote that Loan signings don't counts as signings....but they still have to sign to be able to play...so they are signings....so they count as signings...so it looks like you are just rambling a lot of pesh

Suggest you calm down son or you ain't gonna last long on here!

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Thomaso said:

Suggest you calm down son or you ain't gonna last long on here!

Surprised you've lasted this long

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

It wasn’t me that used the 1000 figure honey.....try again!! As for “real” fans, ludicrous comment given the people you are arguing with (badly!) are absolute diehards with many hundreds of Hearts games watched. I can only speak for myself but I’ve watched significantly more Hearts games in the flesh than our record appearance holder has played in so I feel that shows a level of commitment and loyalty! Regardless what it will never do is silence me from voicing how badly a job I believe the 1st team football department  to be doing. Continual and mass underachievement may be the norm at Hearts but just because that’s the case doesn’t mean people should idly accept it and lower expectations to the levels that some are articulating. Collectively whichever side of the ever increasing divide you fall we all deserve a hell of a lot better and I’ll keep saying that and being proven right whilst we continue to go through the motions and see failure after failure. 

Good post, but I fear you are wasting your time with this one!

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Surprised you've lasted this long

You do not get banned for expressing an opinion on how the football side of our Club is run. You do however get banned for abusive and disgusting posting - suggest you take heed of that!

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You do not get banned for expressing an opinion on how the football side of our Club is run. You do however get banned for abusive and disgusting posting - suggest you take heed of that!

right fair enough, I apologise,

didn't mean for things to get out of hand

26 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Naismith hasn't exactly been pulling up trees for the money he must be costing us and the obvious class he has. Brought in for a cup run and we go out at the first time of asking.

Hibs 1

Well 2 

‘first time of asking’?

you can’t even count to two. 

26 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

You post some xxxxx but this is one of the best. First time of asking? ? Take it you missed us booting the hobos out the cup?? And the saints

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You post some xxxxx but this is one of the best. First time of asking? ? Take it you missed us booting the hobos out the cup?? And the saints

Numbers clearly wrong. I actually forgot he was playing against Hibs(although he wasn't here for the Saints game) Point still stands re the waste of money

Edited by Escobar PHM

right fair enough, I apologise,

didn't mean for things to get out of hand

Accepted.  You need to appreciate that Craig Levein is a hugely divisive figure in our support.  We all have different opinions, however we are all Hearts fans where our passion can sometimes get carried away as we bash away on the old keyboard.

HHGH.

Tokyo Drifter

If the options are ...

1/ Keep Levein as manager

2/ Kick Levein back upstairs as DoF and bring in another young manager in the Cathro-but-better mould

3/ Dump Levein and bring in an experienced(ish) manager with a good(ish) track record to date and plenty of potential who'll try to play the attacking football the fans want to see and which is increasingly expected in the modern game.

... then I'll take number three.

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good job this thread’s not turned divisive again.

Makes a nice change.

How can it be any other way?  There is a divide between 'stay' and 'go' voters.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Accepted.  You need to appreciate that Craig Levein is a hugely divisive figure in our support.  We all have different opinions, however we are all Hearts fans where our passion can sometimes get carried away as we bash away on the old keyboard.

HHGH.

Agreed, cheers mate

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Numbers clearly wrong.(although Naismith wasn't here for the Saints game) Point still stands re the waste of money

Point does not stand. You were probably one of the posters who assured us that beating hibs in the cup was all that mattered. We did it with the help of Naismith  

ford donald
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

This poll is anonymous by the way. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It will probably be the same suspects who voted Cathro to stay that back Levein. They will learn that they are wrong just like they were with Cathro.

:spoton:

• redm changed the title to Levein *POLL*