Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

been here before
13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I support all the great work being done off the field and at the Academy. Our new stand is fabulous and there might be a few wee issues that i'm sure will be sorted.  Ann Budge has done a fantastic job and the 8000 + FOH members are all heros as far as i'm concerend with our great supporters. The Hearts web site / tv doesn't give us as much news as it used to but i will keep up my dd as it helps support the site. I love match days, meeting friends in the club, a few drinks, a wee bet in the ground then after the the game back to my club for a drink and chew the fat over the game.

I believe our fans deserve better on the pitch can you believe that as it's quite simple. 

Thats as may be but nothing you ever post on here is positive.

Nothing at all.

About anything.

Zilch, nada...

You're like a black hole that just sucks light and positivity out of humanity.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Doesn't mean 80% are happy to give Levein the start of next season though. 

I'm sure if the question posed was, "are you happy with Craig Leveins performance as manager" then the outcome would be somewhat different. 

I think most people are generally dissatisfied with how things have panned out but are pragmatic enough to realise that we need many new players, that CL has experience, previous form and will do his best to sort this shit out and that any new manager would be faced with the exact same task. 

Yep

well said

It should have been ten
14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Already answered that one.......did you forget?

Just me you have a wee thing for then Gary?

:clyay:

In fact, no point answering that. It's very clear :lol: Wasted enough of my time on you and now you're starting to creep me out so on ignore you go!

:wave1:

Edited by It should have been ten

Geoff the Mince

I'd be quite happy for him to stay if he was more offensive 

The Motherwell and Hibs games were poor performances and results .

As we don't win many trophies the cup and Derby games take on greater meaning 

Our season's finished and we should really off put  up a better fight the last few games .

Frustrated  !! 

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d disagree, surprisingly. I think you would be lucky to get more than 1,000 of the season ticket holders want8ng him gone. Most the anti-Levein brigade are on here. 

Lololololol at that figure :laugh: . I know numerous long time ST holders, absolute diehards both home and away who are saying categorically they will only buy walk ups for next season if Levein is still in charge. That’s not only because of the dire football on display but because it’s very easy to pick and choose games given capacity and as we’ve seen recently more and more ST holders (way more than 1000 lol again at that number!) have not even been attending our home games. 

Edited by Hendricks

Just now, Hendricks said:

Lol. Sure they are. I know numerous long time ST hiders, absolute for hards both home and away who are saying categorically they will only buy walk ups for next season if Levein is still in charge. That’s not only because of the dire football on display but because it’s very easy to pick and choose and as we’ve seen recently more and more ST holders (way more than 1000 lol at that number!) have not even been attending our home games. 

I’m in a crowd of about 20 who go to games. None have mentioned not renewing. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

I’m in a crowd of about 20 who go to games. None have mentioned not renewing. 

Guess you guys are pwapper Hertz men. Or just dafties.....

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Please tell me which Cheltenham horses you are backing this week so I don’t waste money on them. 

Aye because my predictions on here are never right eh?!!!!   :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

You are such an arrogant person. Unwilling to consider an6 opinion different to yours. Sad really. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I'd be quite happy for him to stay if he was more offensive 

The Motherwell and Hibs games were poor performances and results .

As we don't win many trophies the cup and Derby games take on greater meaning 

Our season's finished and we should really off put  up a better fight the last few games .

Frustrated  !! 

I would agree it needs to get more ambitious but his 2 previous spells in Scotland, progressively it has. I have my hope it will, but right now with a mix of old and young players and not a huge amount in between, he is going solid. When he identifies players such as Hartley or Conway, even a Barry Robson, and manages to fit them in, then things tend to get more attacking.

I have my own worries, my concern that market is not one we are doing very well in since he arrived as DoF. But then how much are we spending on other things.

Its not black and white, there is a weave, I think a lot of people get that, as frustrated as we are, many understand that investment in other areas is handicapping the front end, the ultimate product

I voted stay but I seriously think he needs a more knowledgeable number two. I am not convinced by McPhee and Daly

Someone like Houston who has more tactical know how 

just an opinion 

Edited by BelgeJambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

For supporting your team? Weird

Mars plastic

Go. He ain't ever going to turn it around. More mid table mediocrity and piss poor cup runs to ensue as long as he is in charge.

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

You are such an arrogant person. Unwilling to consider an6 opinion different to yours. Sad really. 

This

Give him to the winter window. If we're up shitcreek a decision will need to be made. 

I'd rather commit 100% to Levein than get stuck in no mans land again with having a new guy come in with different ideas and having to allow him time to implement his ideas.

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hendricks is one of the board's best posters. Spencer tae.

11 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Just me you have a wee thing for then Gary?

:clyay:

In fact, no point answering that. It's very clear :lol: Wasted enough of my time on you and now you're starting to creep me out so on ignore you go!

:wave1:

Are you accusing me of fancying you??? :interehjrling:  Now THAT is creepy....you need to blank out these thoughts sonny!  Seek help!!!

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I voted stay but I seriously think he needs a more knowledgeable number two. I am not convinced by McPhee and Daly

Someone like Houston who has more tactical know how 

just an opinion 

Robbie?

1 hour ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I've been a backer of Craig Levein but there's only so much i can take. 

Far too many mistakes have been made over the last 2 years. 

If you were to list all the players he's brought in that have flopped it would be as long as your arm. 

We've spent a hell of a lot of money on wages with very little return. 

You just need to look at what the likes of Tommy Wright (previously) and Steve Clarke have done with very little finances. 

Time for change i think. 

What players has HE brought in that have flopped?

rudi must stay

Can't stand this malaise we're in and I don't think Levein is the man to change it, he's made a good living out of football. We need someone to come in who's motivated and isn't afraid to tell some a few home truths

Just now, Mars plastic said:

Whether they are the best is not the issue.  As Hearts fans they have strong opinions, and they are entitled to express them without the level of abuse that comes there way.

doctor jambo

If I stay there will be trouble,

if I go there will be double

so come on and let me know

I voted stay

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

For supporting your team? Weird

Nah for being blasé about taken advantage of and served up the utter shite on the park and excuses for it we routinely are. Each to their own though, only a matter of time now, as it was with Neilson and Cathro until this shitshow’s lifespan expires. 

i wish jj was my dad

The same malcontents posting the usual shite multiple times over in the hope of creating unrest. I wish it didn't bother me but it does. 

Fortunately, they are just a very noisy minority and it looks like most people can see right through them. 

Bazzas right boot

:clyay: should :getout: and then we can get the flavour of the month in, this time it's Clarke.

Last time it was Hartley/ Mcann/ Wright.

What could go wrong?:leveinproblem:

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

Bridge of Djoum

Yet another thread dragged the same way as countless before. Inevitable and tedious.

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

What players has HE brought in that have flopped?

Callaghan since he became Manager. Amankwa not fit so would say that was a bizarre signing more than anything. Plenty mistakes while DOF.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This is honestly the wrong question. We have, and have had for some time now, a sub-standard squad. Our recruitment has let us down time and again and until that changes, it makes no difference who you stick in the dug-out.

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Yet another thread dragged the same way as countless before. Inevitable and tedious.

Yes, you're here.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Callaghan since he became Manager. Amankwa not fit so would say that was a bizarre signing more than anything. Plenty mistakes while DOF.

So of all the signings since Levein took over as manager we have had one 'flop'. A low risk signing from Raith? 

Glad we cleared that up.

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nope, try again. I’m willing to listen to reasoned debate. Telling me that you (or anyone else) have blind faith in Levein isn’t it though. The stats I’ve shown are way more relevant than the notion that Levein “is gonna get things right” as there is absolutely no evidence of that. Using any historical and debatable managerial ‘success’ (from about 15 years ago) would possibly be some what plausible if we were dealing with the Craig Levein of 2003-04 but that’s patently not the case. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

The statement was that he had brought in many players that had flopped.    

He hasn't.   There is nothing to suggest that both Cathro and Neilson brought in the players that they wanted to. Unless of course you think that both Levein and Neilson are lying. As manager he has had few flops.  More positive, but that does not suit the agenda.  There is a lot of improvement required but to say that he has recruited a lot of flops is nonsense.  Callaghan appears not to be good enough and Amankwaa appears not to be fit, perhaps that's why we were able to get him. I remember wehen we signed Bruno Aguiar. He looked poor for several months until he adapted to the pace of the game. Then he was top drawer.     Still some posters don't let facts and circumstances get in the way of their dislike of an individaul and their need to get some attention. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

that's two players

Quote me every mistake he's made since DOF

You cannot just spout crap without backing it up.

Callachan is definitely not the worst player we have ever had, and has not done a lot wrong. Just some "fans" are far too impatient.

Amankwaa signed and given 189 mont deal, celery to get fit so we see him fully fit for next season. Not bizarre at all, just a bitter post from a miserable git

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

that's two players

Quote me every mistake he's made since DOF

You cannot just spout crap without backing it up.

Callachan is definitely not the worst player we have ever had, and has not done a lot wrong. Just some "fans" are far too impatient.

Amankwaa signed and given 189 mont deal, celery to get fit so we see him fully fit for next season. Not bizarre at all, just a bitter post from a miserable git

Some would say his biggest mistake was selling Ann Budge a pup in his DoF/Young Head Coach Academy/Buy cheap abroad/5 year grand plan strategy......... 

Voted no. 

Don't want CL as head coach or dof. He won't change his negative approach, he never has thus far, and the only coaches who will/can work under him are Daly etc. 

To win trophies you have to get to Hampden. Levein has mostly failed to do that. To win trophies you must then go to Hampden and be bold, set out to the win the game and believe that you can. Levein, I fear, wouldn't do that. 

I have no faith going forward with Craig Levein in any capacity. I hope he proves me wrong, I truly do, but this is how I see it as things stand. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Some would say his biggest mistake was selling Ann Budge a pup in his DoF/Young Head Coach Academy/Buy cheap abroad/5 year grand plan strategy......... 

Don't remember asking you for your input

You and your little ring of Levein haters is embarrassing, all standing up for each other, holding each others hands.

Chronic, childlike post from a really miserable and laughable poster

How you've managed to still be allowed on here after 15000 of these posts is unbelievable 

27 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

This is true Mars, this is true, good lads them. 

Absolute Scenes
37 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Lololololol at that figure :laugh: . I know numerous long time ST holders, absolute diehards both home and away who are saying categorically they will only buy walk ups for next season if Levein is still in charge. That’s not only because of the dire football on display but because it’s very easy to pick and choose games given capacity and as we’ve seen recently more and more ST holders (way more than 1000 lol again at that number!) have not even been attending our home games. 

you and your 1000 mates can go elsewhere then. The majority of real fans don't want you near the stadium

Mars plastic

you and your 1000 mates can go elsewhere then. The majority of real fans don't want you near the stadium

How do you define a ‘real fan’?

Escobar PHM

I voted Go but I'm not a fool, I know he will be staying.

I doubt I'll be renewing next season since Ive found other things more interesting to do about 5 times this season so far and I  doubt I'll go to many more this  season.

Probably go to the last derby if there is one and its at Tynecastle. Certainly wouldn't be going to bottom 6 matches (if indeed we end up there)

I'll still go next season on a pick and chose basis, mostly for the social aspect of it and hoping for the best that there is significant improvement. There will be very few games I cant pick up a ticket for.

Pretty sad really. Wasn't so long ago I was going home and away almost every week. Now I just cant be arsed with whats on show when I get there. Some of my social crowd also feel the same way.

Edited by Escobar PHM

sandylejambo

the mans was good some years ago when football was at its worst, it has improved but he has not, changing winning teams and throwing the tactics used to win those games out the window, you could almost think he wanted to lose the next game, why change what has served us well? only he would know, get him down the road now and give the new guy a chance to see what he's not got in his squad

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

How do you define a ‘real fan’?

Someone who supports their team through thick and thin, and who doesn't let personal hatred towards and individual in charge of their team get in the way of talking sense and actually looking at the bigger picture...which is  that its really not as bad as people are making out.

A fair few on here are beyond help with that though

TemasekJambo

We need to stick with Levein until Christmas and then reassess. The majority of his signings have improved the team, the two exceptions arguably are Callachan (not good enough) and Amankwaa (not had enough time). We've also become harder to beat, recent results have gone against that but key injuries haven't helped.

If he can sign Adao, Milinkovic and Mclaughlin on long-term deals then that will be a big step in the right direction. I do fear if we need to end up replacing 8 or 9 players as it becomes too difficult to get them all assimilated into the team.

Edited by TemasekJambo

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

I voted Go but I'm not a fool, I know he will be staying.

I doubt I'll be renewing next season since Ive found other things more interesting to do about 5 times this season so far and I seriously doubt I'll go again this season.

Maybe go to the last derby if there is one and its at Tynecastle. Certainly wouldn't be going to bottom 6 matches (if indeed we end up there)

I'll still go next season on a pick and chose basis, mostly for the social aspect of it and hoping for the best that there is significant improvement. There will be very few games I cant pick up a ticket for.

Pretty sad really. Wasn't so long ago I was going home and away almost every week. Now I just cant be arsed with whats on show when I get there. Some of my social crowd also feel the same way.

shut the door on the way out

Escobar PHM
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Nah I'll leave it open. There'll be plenty others using it.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, TemasekJambo said:

We need to stick with Levein until Christmas and they reassess. The majority of his signings have improved the team, the two exceptions arguably are Callachan (not good enough) and Amankwaa (not had enough time). We've also become harder to beat, recent results have gone against that but key injuries haven't helped.

If he can sign Adao, Milinkovic and Mclaughlin on long-term deals then that will be a big step in the right direction. I do fear if we need to end up replacing 8 or 9 players as it becomes too difficult to get them all assimilated into the team.

If we can graduate a few of the youngsters out on loan (zanatta, Keena and Morrison) and introduce them into games, rather than playing 3 youngsters in a starting 11, then I think we wont need to panic buy a whole new team.

I agree regarding the players above for us to keep, adding 3-4 players who know the SPL and are good enough to make a difference. Alex Shalk for example. He's only goal behind Lafferty in the top scorers

sandylejambo

all the doors at Tynecastle are self-closing

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

So of all the signings since Levein took over as manager we have had one 'flop'. A low risk signing from Raith? 

Glad we cleared that up.

How many has he actually signed since he came in as manager?? Loan signings don't count because they are by definition short term.

Mars plastic
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Someone who supports their team through thick and thin, and who doesn't let personal hatred towards and individual in charge of their team get in the way of talking sense and actually looking at the bigger picture...which is  that its really not as bad as people are making out.

A fair few on here are beyond help with that though

What’s the bigger picture?

• redm changed the title to Levein *POLL*