Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

All Out Attack
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not very fashionable these days. Robertson, Colquhoun and Clark - what memories. 

Now you are talking. 

We may not have been the most successful side during this period, but I don't recall the feeling of dull, negative football that I do now. 

There is clearly a balance somewhere that we are currently a long way from. 

Edited by All Out Attack

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

8 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Levein has had his chance and is yesterday's man.

Four years is just too long to have total control of the football side, especially with us in such a mess squad wise. 

I also have no intention of giving Levein or his trainees any slack either until we greatly improve our he is sacked. I have also written to Budge several times indicating the significant disquiet over the status of our football squad and its performance. 

Hopefully this is a wind up. If not, I presume your letters were in crayon

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Our away form is dreadful, Tosh, as well you know. Our record against the OF in Glasgow is probably only surpassed by Aberdeen. We also need to give a far better account at ER next year as the two performances this year were unacceptable. 

I don't disagree, , I am pointing out he has improved us in most areas. 

Folk pointing out several issues ( away form, cup progress) yet failing to acknowledge our improvement in said areas under Craig already is baffling me.

Hence why he should get the summer and the chance to improve even further- which we need to do.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Hopefully this is a wind up. If not, I presume your letters were in crayon

Actually Email works best. 

As long as you are courteous and respectful, the club will acknowledge what you have to say.  

ford donald
3 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

As long as you are courteous and respectful, the club will acknowledge what you have to say.  

Rightly so.

25 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Four years is just too long to have total control of the football side, especially with us in such a mess squad wise. 

I also have no intention of giving Levein or his trainees any slack either until we greatly improve our he is sacked. I have also written to Budge several times indicating the significant disquiet over the status of our football squad and its performance. 

Bet you had no problem licking the stamps.

31 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

:rofl:

I imgID123691148.jpg.gallery.jpg.e859c85fb3d293697b1367af2982a4c7.jpg

4b236f1384dd96484b8897b90174cba0.thumb.jpg.d6910e4a0b19329b208c7e39d5eaecac.jpg

46 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Is our away form any worse than the last twenty years?

Haven't checked. I know it's better than last year,. Think we only won at 2 grounds last season.

So we have improved in almost all areas, even the ones you focus on.

Why don't you acknowledge we have improved quite a bit, I'll acknowledge we need to improve more. 

We can then both get behind the manager and team and see what happens after Craig's first full transfer window.

Your last statement is ridiculous and given the improvement we both agree has happened, is untrue.

Such a dramatic statement that serves no purpose.

I notice you often angle in with this.

Away form can be intertwined with good home form and look better than just evaluating 6, 7 away wins as so-so.  We've had the odd exceptional season away from home but mostly it's 6,7 wins as the norm in a decent season. A lot of our seasons are like that.

To win 6, 7 maybe 8 away is good going when you factor in a few draws that are likely.  We've had quite a lot of those years and they are certainly better than the struggles of late.

For example, in 1998 we won 9 and that was a title challenge year. In 2006 we amazingly only won 7 on the road in the league. Another title challenging year.

In 2010-11 we won 9 , finishing 3rd, but finished 30 points behind the winners.

It takes an incredibly high level of wins and minimal defeats to win the league or get close but when 6,7 away wins seem sparse to some, it really isn't. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

See the source image

Think he has done ok to be fair. Lot of injuries to key players didn't help. 

Dam sight better than Cathro's gutless team.

1 more transfer window to get a better attacking midfield and sort out away form. 

If we are still poor at x mass bin him

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I notice you often angle in with this.

Away form can be intertwined with good home form and look better than just evaluating 6, 7 away wins as so-so.  We've had the odd exceptional season away from home but mostly it's 6,7 wins as the norm in a decent season. A lot of our seasons are like that.

To win 6, 7 maybe 8 away is good going when you factor in a few draws that are likely.  We've had quite a lot of those years and they are certainly better than the struggles of late.

For example, in 1998 we won 9 and that was a title challenge year. In 2006 we amazingly only won 7 on the road in the league. Another title challenging year.

In 2010-11 we won 9 , finishing 3rd, but finished 30 points behind the winners.

It takes an incredibly high level of wins and minimal defeats to win the league or get close but when 6,7 away wins seem sparse to some, it really isn't. 

This season isn't over, we have 4 wins. 

We have already improved on last season- that was my point.

away form on it's own is just one indicator. 

We were away from Tynecastle for a long time and are unbeaten since we returned.  Folk also forget that. 

Also, I was quite clear, I still think we need to improve not just away but overall going forward.

My issue ( one of) is with folk demanding improvement in certain areas, yet refusing to acknowledge we actually have under Craig.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

28 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Not Excel? 

;)

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Several times you say? They might acknowledge receipt of your email. That's entirely different from acknowledging whatever courteous ramblings you've come out with.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Cool story. All it needs is "I'll no' be back till LUHVEEN (sic) is oot!".

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can we see a copy or two of these courteous emails to Ann, plz?

I would also like to see those emails ?

I also send her emails but I'm asking her for a loan of £50 ........she never replies......Budge oot. Vlad always leant me the cash.

i wish jj was my dad

Just because the same zoomers with a grudge regurgitate the same old nonsense in thousands of posts doesn't mean there is significant disquiet.

I am sure Ann will allow Craig and his staff to concentrate on their jobs rather than worry about your courteous communications.

Zero gossip during the period since Levein came back to the club as far as I am aware about him being wanted by other clubs as either a manager or Director of Football.   Why don't other clubs rate him?

3 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Hi All Out Attack,

Can you please post some screenshots of these emails? I would literally love to read them. 

Thanks,

Ryder

7 minutes ago, Coco said:

Zero gossip during the period since Levein came back to the club as far as I am aware about him being wanted by other clubs as either a manager or Director of Football.   Why don't other clubs rate him?

:rofl:

18 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Me thinks someone has problems knowing how many sides a triangle has ;)

Very reminiscent...

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ahhh you've stumbled upon the conundrum. Its needs a gaffer that values strikers. If you sell 2 in January then you leave yourself short. How about playing Naismith in his proper position?? 

I think you've stumbled on a failure to answer. We sold Goncalves and brought in Naisy.  Naismith didn't look too bad out of position on Saturday! We sold (?) Stockton too.  Would you have kept him?  He was being replaced with Mason of Wolves but that broke down very late in the window. If he had signed we would have had the same number of strikers before and after the window.

Henderson has come on in games and Currie is injured.  It is rubbish to say he does not value strikers.

Was it good management for Clarke to have just one MF on the bench?

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Coco said:

Did his career pre hearts not happen. Fact is..  He's improved us significantly.. will continue to do so.. 

scott herbertson

There seems to be a bit of mythology about Lev in playing Naismith as a midfielder rather than his ‘proper position’ as striker.

this from Wiki

Although Naismith started his career as a striker, he has recently been effectively used as a midfielder.[109] Naismith has been used on both right and left flanks for Rangers but also as a central midfielder with his versatility a key attribute.[109] Billy Brown, who coached Naismith at Kilmarnock, likened his play with Alan Smith who started his career as a striker but ended up playing midfield for Manchester United.[109]

4 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

I thought Excel works best...  Hmmm

Edited by Haken

2 minutes ago, Haken said:

I don't thought Excel works best...  Hmmm

Indeed. That’s what I always thought too. On my yacht... in the middle of the Baltic Sea...

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Indeed. That’s what I always thought too. On my yacht... in the middle of the Baltic Sea...

Thanks for the quote.  You made me realise my typo.  Sorted now.  :toff:

Edited by Haken

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Think he has done ok to be fair. Lot of injuries to key players didn't help. 

Dam sight better than Cathro's gutless team.

1 more transfer window to get a better attacking midfield and sort out away form. 

If we are still poor at x mass bin him

It was the players he brought in that were gutless not him. Its absolutely moronic to suggest that we would be in relegation trouble had he continued to manage a team with Lafferty, Berra and Souttar in it. He would more than likely be more or less in the same place as Levein, 5th or 6th. He was unfortunate to take over mid season and inherited an inbalanced squad from Neilson that had a recently sold full back as top goalscorer. The pre season Peterhead defeat though forced ABs hand.

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was the players he brought in that were gutless not him. Its absolutely moronic to suggest that we would be in relegation trouble had he continued to manage a team with Lafferty, Berra and Souttar in it. He would more than likely be more or less in the same place as Levein, 5th or 6th. He was unfortunate to take over mid season and inherited an inbalanced squad from Neilson that had a recently sold full back as top goalscorer. The pre season Peterhead defeat though forced ABs hand.

Fire off an email to Mrs Budge. Or have you already ?

28 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Fire off an email to Mrs Budge. Or have you already ?

Speaking of emails... anyone? 

43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

An "unbalanced squad" sitting in 2nd.

I had high hopes for Cathro but they were quickly dashed like everyone else's, including Budge and Levein, when it became obvious that for all he is a good coach with good ideas and a good football brain he was completely incapable of translating that into performances and results on the park.

There is zero evidence we would be in anything other than serious trouble in the league right now with him still in charge.

Edited by socrates82

41 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Did we not go out league cup to lesser teams. 

End of last season I think we had 2nd worst loss record when Cathro took over.

We would be bottom 6 for sure

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Did his career pre hearts not happen. Fact is..  He's improved us significantly.. will continue to do so.. 

4 years and zero rumoured interest from other clubs despite the huge number of changes in management. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

An "unbalanced squad" sitting in 2nd.

I had high hopes for Cathro but they were quickly dashed like everyone else's, including Budge and Levein, when it became obvious that for all he is a good coach with good ideas and a good football brain he was completely incapable of translating that into performances and results on the park.

There is zero evidence we would be in anything other than serious trouble in the league right now with him still in charge.

Every one seemed happy enough after the pre season Newcastle game. AB possibly panicked with the reaction from the stands , quite rightly, to a couple of poor LC performances. To be fair to Cathro, he had lost Souttar  to injury along with Paterson who, as I said previously , was our main goal threat under Neilson. Our attacking prowess under him was dire and we were crying out for Strikers when Cathro arrived. There were also great  victories over Rangers, Mwell and Killie but the players seemed to just down tools after the cup exit. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Every one seemed happy enough after the pre season Newcastle game. AB possibly panicked with the reaction from the stands , quite rightly, to a couple of poor LC performances. To be fair to Cathro, he had lost Souttar  to injury along with Paterson who, as I said previously , was our main goal threat under Neilson. Our attacking prowess under him was dire and we were crying out for Strikers when Cathro arrived. There were also great  victories over Rangers, Mwell and Killie but the players seemed to just down tools after the cup exit. 

Cathro was unlucky with a couple of injuries but he also signed some good players - Isma, Berra, Lafferty, Tsiolis, Struna, Smith... But it became very clear, especially when the new season started, he couldn't get players do to what he wanted and on top of that he demonstrated an unwillingness to compromise to get results. He seemed convinced his way is best despite there being no evidence of that. He effectively gambled with us just to prove some sort of point about the way he things football should be played. Having read interviews with him where he can't explain his football philosophy clearly I'm not surprised he wasn't able to communicate it to players.

Contrast that with Neilson and Levein who are willing to put aside formation preferences and so on to win points first and foremost.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Since AOA confesses his emails, the votes in favour have increased slightly. :lol:

The best all out attack since someone spent 10 years plotting the downfall of Hearts.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Since AOA confesses his emails, the votes in favour have increased slightly. :lol:

Probably because it's becoming more apparent by the post that the wee gang of regurgitating the same Shit day in day out types are quite a sinister group of sad individuals.

5 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

ransomizer.com.file0MgXhG.jpg

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Can All out attack spin successfully on a finger?

With all the rotational value of The Magic Roundabout.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

With all the rotational value of The Magic Roundabout.

Thanks,

Florence x

:lol:

16 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Probably because it's becoming more apparent by the post that the wee gang of regurgitating the same Shit day in day out types are quite a sinister group of sad individuals.

Could be... I realise there will be a couple of simple-minded followers in that group who can’t think for themselves, but the ring-leaders are just a little bit ‘organised’ wouldn’t you say? Like... maybe there’s a wee groupthink discussion going on behind the scenes... nudge... etc... wink...