Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

3 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Nope. 

Whilst the league may be out our reach over 38 games, no cup competition is.

Cup competitions rely on good form, lucky draws, and good fortune with injuries when you have a squad like ours without sufficient cover for a bad set of injuries.

As I said, we can hope to get a run in cup competitions but should not budget for it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

3 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I remember the whole game well. 

So we weren't trying to win the game even when we took the lead.

You're a bit special.

Anyway, screen shot of the Dingwall email please.

All Out Attack
32 minutes ago, Haken said:

How often have you sent the club a congratulatory email?

I'm pretty sure that the club is able to gauge the feeling of the support at the games.  The reaction from the fans in attendance at the end of the League Cup debacle almost certainly cost Cathro his job. 

Still, you're perfectly entitled to communicate with the club in any way you see fit.

I'm glad you brought this up. 

While the stadium was up in arms, JKB wanted to keep Cathro... 

Same people will still be here. 

3 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Emailing the club...:rofl:Please, and I think I speak for all of us, please post the transcript. 

Please.

He’ll be quickly typing an ‘e-mail’ to post on here.. look I really did send an e-mail... either way sad as fcuk 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Cup competitions rely on good form, lucky draws, and good fortune with injuries when you have a squad like ours without sufficient cover for a bad set of injuries.

As I said, we can hope to get a run in cup competitions but should not budget for it.

Our run to the cup in 2012 was exactly as you described. We were extremely fortunate in at least 2 games.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

So we weren't trying to win the game even when we took the lead.

You're a bit special.

Anyway, screen shot of the Dingwall email please.

Personal correspondence will remain personal. 

4 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Emailing the club...:rofl:Please, and I think I speak for all of us, please post the transcript. 

Please.

It's much simpler to shout " shite " at the end, hit the pub, mull it over and roll up the following week in a better frame of mind.

E-mails ? No, that won't do !!

Just now, All Out Attack said:

Which is why you stated publicly you sent it :rofl: 

Jesus wept.

Bridge of Djoum

Never happened. 

''Will remain personal'' but you'll happily tell all you did it with no substance or evidence?

Aye?

:bolt:

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Boab said:

It's much simpler to shout " shite " at the end, hit the pub, mull it over and roll up the following week in a better frame of mind.

Tried and tested.

1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

Ok. Just copy and paste the text obviously including the date ?

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Works for me.

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I'm glad you brought this up. 

While the stadium was up in arms, JKB wanted to keep Cathro... 

Same people will still be here. 

Except, that's not true now, is it?

Be honest.

All Out Attack
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Except, that's not true now, is it?

Be honest.

I remember looking in here at the time and I'm pretty sure the poll was hovering just over 50% when Hearts had to act.  

I'm not sure which is saddest. Sending emails to the club about individual performances or making up stories about sending emails?

Help me out here brothers I'm in a dilemma.

...a bit disco

I remember looking in here at the time and I'm pretty sure the poll was hovering just over 50% when Hearts had to act.  

After the Dunfermline game there wasn't many supporting Cathro staying on here. 

Probably just didn't bother changing their votes on the poll thread.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm not sure which is saddest. Sending emails to the club about individual performances or making up stories about sending emails?

Whatever floats your boat. 

There is a line between personal and public and I'm pretty sure you and I are both old enough to know this. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why are you intellectually incapable of accepting other people's points of view. Read my post again. There is no evidence that Cathro would have not done as well as Levein with the benefit of Berra, Lafferty and Souttar in the team . His teams would probably have conceded more and scored more. He was certainly capable of going to Mwell and knocking 3 past them. Without Naismith and Lafferty. How we could have done with tgat 3 weeks ago!! So we lost to a last minute goal in a LC group stage game away to Peterhead. Disaster? No. We lost to Montrose at home under Doddie in the August after losing the league at Dens...i dont remember a clamour  for his head.  Nobody knows, not you or any of your fellow worshippers , how IC would have done this season. I wanted him sacked at the time but, in retrospect, seeing where we are now, it was possibly tge wrong decision. Anyway, I'm done with this argument.

Whether we've improved under Levein from how we were under Cathro isn't a point of view, it's a cold hard fact that we have, and a completely obvious one. Wjy are you intellectually incapable of accepting facts?

Whatever floats your boat. 

There is a line between personal and public and I'm pretty sure you and I are both old enough to know this. 

I'm going for both as sad as each other. What's your take on it?

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Both equally sad and pathetic.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In retrospect Dave, which is always easier. I didn't say it was a mistake, I said that was possibly the wrong decision. Others are quite happy to pedal the myth that any failings this season are down to Cathro. Of course, they're not. Cathro took over his first managerial post halfway through the season and didn't get a lot of time to prove himself. Its important to inject a bit of balance in to the debate. Fwiw, I remember that Gary Locke was hung out to dry here after being replaced...even when he found subsequent employment at Killie. Its always far easier to blame the previous incumbent. 

He didn't last long at Killie, and subsequently didn't last long at Raith either.

FarmerTweedy
28 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

If it doesn't happen all the time then perhaps. 

The last Email I sent to the club was after the County game in Dingwall. We never even tried to win the game, against a dreadful County. Yet that was over a 1000 of us made the trip up. Lots of unhappy people. 

As I have said before, this was my last away game of the season as following Hearts under Levein is torture and unacceptable. 

He has a serious mindset issue away from home. 

What a load of shite. Given that we were actually winning for a while, you must think we deliberately let them have an equaliser. 

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

What a load of shite. Given that we were actually winning for a while, you must think we deliberately let them have an equaliser. 

He seems incapable of answering this specific bit of bullshite.

Maybe we should email him?

FarmerTweedy
27 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Nope. 

Whilst the league may be out our reach over 38 games, no cup competition is.

We've won three cups in 50-odd years. If they actually did say we're targetting winning trophies, folk like you would be calling for the manager's head after every single cup exit on the basis that they'd failed to meet the target. 

All Out Attack
16 hours ago, Ryder said:

Since AOA confesses his emails, the votes in favour have increased slightly. :lol:

I noticed that as well...  

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think what he is saying is that from a position of being one up we sat back and did not look to score a second goal.

FarmerTweedy
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cathro Poll’s up.

Just over 50% right enough...

:rofl:

He's only out by 46.9%!!!!!!!!!!!

FarmerTweedy
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I think what he is saying is that from a position of being one up we sat back and did not look to score a second goal.

That's not what he's saying.

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

That's not what he's saying.

OK I stand corrected.

All Out Attack
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We've won three cups in 50-odd years. If they actually did say we're targetting winning trophies, folk like you would be calling for the manager's head after every single cup exit on the basis that they'd failed to meet the target. 

If the football is constantly improving and we are at least having a go, I don't think many would complain. This is Hearts we are talking about after all. 

If the football is crap, the squad a shambles, 4 years into a 5 year plan, you have to think twice though.

Levein will clearly get another window but there will be no hiding place from this one.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

If the football is constantly improving and we are at least having a go, I don't think many would complain. This is Hearts we are talking about after all. 

If the football is crap, the squad a shambles, 4 years into a 5 year plan, you have to think twice though.

Levein will clearly get another window but there will be no hiding place from this one.

And neither there should be. 

18 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

It is Hearts we're talking about and in all my years, it's never consistanly improved. Loops and troughs, like many teams. I, for one, have ditched any five year expectations. Make of that what you will.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Nice spin Tosh. There are many PHM who support their team both financially and attendance wise, who are less that happy with the current football management of their Club and have every right to express their views on JKB.

Doesn't mean they are moaning twats tho, and maybe those that also do as you say get a bit annoyed when the discussion clearly goes beyond performance. and gets personal towards things Hearts.

No spin, just supporters sick of greetin face bairns and who enjoy sticking up for their team when things aren't going great. 

3 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

I'm absolutely certain,  I'm not the only person who complains directly to the club, when we are not producing on the park. In fact, I would suggest that if more people did it, the club would be in a significantly better place. 

Although expressing opinions on JKB, can be interesting, we do seem to be very accepting on here, of whatever we are served up from Hearts.  

Supporters attending in the stadiums and especially on wider social media, seem far less tolerant of poor club management.

The club has a PR department and it is important they understand the feelings from the entire support base. 

Have you considered hiring a plane to get your point across? I mean if it made sense to hire one for Neilson when he was comparatively much better than Cathro and Levein....

4 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

After the Dunfermline game there wasn't many supporting Cathro staying on here. 

Probably just didn't bother changing their votes on the poll thread.

That's how I remember it.  It was certainly the moment for me and I didn't change any vote I might have made.

5 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Just picked this up from the season ticket thread, but I think it is important enough to go in the Levein thread. 

From Levein on the season ticket brochure: 

"Our aim is to build a squad capable of challenging at the top end of the Premiership and to get to latter stages of cup competitions"

This is another reason why this guy should be nowhere near out football club. His remit should be for us to win trophies, not just compete. 

Sums up quite well Levein's mindset and expectations. 

Levein spoke about wings. You just flew.

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Can you do the same with your posts? Or set up some special subscribers only thread on sisterpumper.net to share with the rest of the tramps.

The bottom line is that the jury is still out with Levein. Some think he will deliver, and some think he won't. His brand of football however, will always be controversial with certain sections of our support, and probably justified. He is about to enter a different era with Heart of Midlothian, that's for sure. We demand more from the team, rightly or wrongly. We've had a taste of dominating in the Championship, and the fans like it, but not only that, they are raising their expectations and want the club to deliver.The next 6 or 7 months are going to be very interesting. If he fails to deliver his head will roll and then what?

SpruceBringsteen
2 hours ago, Ryder said:

Tell you what... this poll is gaining in support of Levein. Someone needs to send more emails!

Brb - away to email about KLaff deliberately missing a pen v Kilmarnock.

3mKcWcR.jpg

25 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The bottom line is that the jury is still out with Levein. Some think he will deliver, and some think he won't. His brand of football however, will always be controversial with certain sections of our support, and probably justified. He is about to enter a different era with Heart of Midlothian, that's for sure. We demand more from the team, rightly or wrongly. We've had a taste of dominating in the Championship, and the fans like it, but not only that, they are raising their expectations and want the club to deliver.The next 6 or 7 months are going to be very interesting. If he fails to deliver his head will roll and then what?

I dont think the expectations have been raised much at all in recent years. I think people are just getting sick of being scudded off Hibs all the time.

10 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Brb - away to email about KLaff deliberately missing a pen v Kilmarnock.

3mKcWcR.jpg

:lol:

7 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Rod’s packed you in, hasn’t he?

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Rod’s packed you in, hasn’t he?

No, personal correspondence will remain personal unless he's talking about it on a public forum.....please keep up?

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, PnG said:

I dont think the expectations have been raised much at all in recent years. I think people are just getting sick of being scudded off Hibs all the time.

Like in the must win cup tie? When did they last win at Tynecastle?

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

No, personal correspondence will remain personal unless he's talking about it on a public forum.....please keep up?

:robbo: