Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

Cruyff Turn

Tough yin. If he was anyone other than Craig Levein he'd be getting telt to bolt by most. 

Stay, for now.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

David McCaig

I'd give him the summer transfer window... But make clear that his position will be re-assessed in December and that significant improvement is expected next season.

On the basis that I suggested this on the highly entertaining 'Levein is not the answer' thread, I felt I should vote.  I've voted for Levein to stay.  That's qualified - in my own head if nowhere else - by acknowledging that we need to have an extremely good summer transfer window.  The players who are brought in need to be fit, ready to go, and represent a genuine improvement over what we have currently.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

This poll is anonymous by the way. 

Noticed that.  I've outed myself as a Levein apologist.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Why?

Because I decided, to protect the innocent and/or guilty. People that want to be known can comment if they wish. 

Poll is pretty much what I thought it would show - give him the summer to turn things around and reassess by October/November.

I feel like we've been here before......

'Give him the summer window'

'Give him till christmas'

'Give him a January window'

'Give him till the end of the season'

'Give him a pre-season'

etc etc etc - its a never ending loop.

All of the above have been wheeled out as being defining moments in managers at this club putting their own stamp on the playing squad and rectifying the (apparently deep rooted) problems we have at the playing side.

Greedy_Jambo

I've been a backer of Craig Levein but there's only so much i can take. 

Far too many mistakes have been made over the last 2 years. 

If you were to list all the players he's brought in that have flopped it would be as long as your arm. 

We've spent a hell of a lot of money on wages with very little return. 

You just need to look at what the likes of Tommy Wright (previously) and Steve Clarke have done with very little finances. 

Time for change i think. 

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

It should have been ten

Ahh nice, wonder who had the poll

idea :whistling:

Absolutely STAY

Edited by It should have been ten

I'd give him till transfer window in January, get the attack minded coaches more involved in decision making in the middle and final third of the park and make sure we bring in decent quality in the Summer to bolster what is already a reasonable spine that is in place.

siegementality

I’m in the go camp. We got out of the championship a year ahead of Rangers and two ahead of Hibs. Both clubs are miles ahead of us now. He oversaw that regression and is art and part in the club blowing fortunes on second rate footballers. Started off well, progressively got worse. Time to go. The next few weeks actual attendances will tell you all you need to know about the apathy at the moment.

Edited by siegementality

Stay. For the amount of times our lack of a settled team is berated on here I find the urge to sack the manager after every poor run laughable tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

If you were to list all the players he's brought in that have flopped it would be as long as your arm. 

You just need to look at what the likes of Tommy Wright (previously) and Steve Clarke have done with very little finances. 

Time for change i think. 

I actually think Craig Levein has made good signings, for example Demetri Mitchell, Jon McLaughlin, Adao, Milinkovic, Smith and Berra.

God like creature

I’ve voted stay as I don’t think were being patient enough ,

CL has not peaked this time round,

old school ,give it time type post.

Stay, needs a Summer window and a full pre season with the team he builds ... then we can see where we are next Jan

Stay.

he needs and deserves a summer window and then we will see how the season goes and maybe look at how it’s gone in the winter break. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Absolute Scenes

Its funny to see the poll results...but then you look at the froth being spouted by a number of roasters.

Clearly just love the attention of throwing their toys about

I want Levein to stay. There is no way bringing in someone new is going to have immediate positive impact.

Give him a summer to get a good transfer window, not rushing the signings like the Jan window

BobbyJenkins

Definitive. Same people moaning previously that Levein should own his mistakes won’t give him a reasonable chance to do so in terms of summer recruitment etc.

It will probably be the same suspects who voted Cathro to stay that back Levein. They will learn that they are wrong just like they were with Cathro.

Absolute Scenes
25 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Time for change i think. 

Opinions are one thing, but blatant wrong info and lies is another

List the bad singings Craig has made (not ones that Cathro and Neilson made, as they were the managers and made their own signings) but the specific players that Craig Levein, himself, has signed that have been "flops"

Mitchell, Adao, Milinkovic, Amankwaa (people already writing him off and he's made 3 sub appearances), bringing the young boys through and blooding them, McLaughlin - all good players

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Go.

Nothing will change, if we were to play Hibs at Easter Road tonight you just know zero would have been learned and it would be the same as Friday.

The fans deserve better.

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Stay.

he needs and deserves a summer window and then we will see how the season goes and maybe look at how it’s gone in the winter break. 

Aye why not i mean who cares if we suffer more dire games under Levein.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, mitch41 said:

It will probably be the same suspects who voted Cathro to stay that back Levein. They will learn that they are wrong just like they were with Cathro.

Thanks for speaking for all of us

You're a miserable miserable individual and I am gobsmacked you have made it to 3000 posts with the amount of utter dross and foaming you write

I back Levein, I didn't want Cathro to stay, and Levein is the guy who will take us forward, whether or not you like it. He is here for 3 years, and he is going to turn things around.

To be honest, your blatant dislike for Levein and personal hatred for him, i think,  is just a wall you're putting up for the romantic obsession you have for him that you are trying to repress.

Sad really

itsnomarooned

Should he stay or should he go. It's a difficult one as I suspect that if he goes there will be trouble, on the other hand if he stays it may well be double.

Currently 75% stay - pretty much reflects the results of the previous Neilson and Cathro JKB polls. 

Edited by Thomaso

These polls always show how the majority opinion is often not the one you would think from reading the forum.

Poll seems about right on JKB, around 1 in 5 have seen enough of Levein. This result would still equate to around 3000 ST holders though I suspect that number would be some what higher. At the moment I’d be amazed if we sold over 12k ST’s for next year. My prediction for what it’s worth is this poll will be revisited when we are timidly knocked out the league cup in September/October and are again doing nothing in the league and it will be around the 50% mark with the usual losers saying give him

the January window but an increasing number both on here and inside Tynecastle calling for change. Next season will be wasted too as we ***** about and Budge tries to stave it off as long as she can, possibly even trying to help him survive and return to his ivory tower. We’ll then witness what will be known as incompetent managerial appointment fiasco numero II. Can’t wait  for that shitshow personally :laugh:

Edited by Hendricks

Greedy_Jambo
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

List the bad singings Craig has made (not ones that Cathro and Neilson made, as they were the managers and made their own signings) but the specific players that Craig Levein, himself, has signed that have been "flops"

Mitchell, Adao, Milinkovic, Amankwaa (people already writing him off and he's made 3 sub appearances), bringing the young boys through and blooding them, McLaughlin,

You honestly think he had nothing to do with any of the signings before he became manager!?

What is it you think a director of football does exactly?

Smith and Milinkovic don't even get a regular game! 

Mitchell is good but only on short term loan. 

Adao, ok doesn't look bad. But he's hardly set the place on fire. 

Amankwaa.. Well... Time will tell but it's not looking good is it!

Naismith i was over the moon with... But where was he against Hibs? How many goals has he scored? Is he being played in the wrong position? If so, that's LEVEIN'S fault!

McLaughlin has been a great signing. I just hope we can keep him because we'd be a couple of league positions down without him!

Voted go.

Cannot see him improving us in particular the way we play.

I would give Robbo another chance at least the football would improve and we might score a few goals.

It should have been ten
8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Mitchell, Adao, Milinkovic, Amankwaa (people already writing him off and he's made 3 sub appearances), bringing the young boys through and blooding them, McLaughlin - all good players

Naismith also 

Stay but **** me he really needs to address the lack of creativity and fight in our midfield or he is on a hiding to nothing

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

These polls always show how the majority opinion is often not the one you would think from reading the forum.

Very true, an old saying "empty vessels make the most noise" :duck:

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Currently 75% stay - pretty much reflects the results of the previous Neilson and Cathro JKB polls. 

It's early days yet. 

It could go either way by the end of the season. 

I have zero confidence in Levein, none.

We have gone backwards under his stewardship as DOF/Manager.

The thought of another season watching torturous eye bleeding hoofball, doesn't  bare thinking about.

• redm changed the title to Levein *POLL*