Player ratings v Hibs

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

McLaughlin - 5 Has looked shaky of late.

Randall - 2 Yeah he was out of position but he is a terrible player

Berra - 5 Was nowhere for 2nd goal and for Maclarens effort of bar, poorest game this season. 

Soutter - 5 Poor at 2nd goal, better than Berra for once.

Godhino - 6 Looks to have potential, his emergence will see end of Randall, hopefully.

Adao - 7 Our best player, have to keep him.

Cochrane - 2 Injured early

Smith - 5 once again played out of position, did ok.

Moore - 5 Tried but looked out his depth, no help from Randall.

Naismith - 6 Never gave up, must be thinking why did i come here.

Lafferty - 4 Posted missing. 

Subs -

MacDonald - 5  Good on the ball.

Amankwaa - 2 Looks another waste of money

Henderson 2 - No time 

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

McLaughlin - 5 Has looked shaky of late.

Randall - 2 Yeah he was out of position but he is a terrible player

Berra - 5 Was nowhere for 2nd goal and for Maclarens effort of bar, poorest game this season. 

Soutter - 5 Poor at 2nd goal, better than Berra for once.

Godhino - 6 Looks to have potential, his emergence will see end of Randall, hopefully.

Adao - 7 Our best player, have to keep him.

Cochrane - 2 Injured early

Smith - 5 once again played out of position, did ok.

Moore - 5 Tried but looked out his depth, no help from Randall.

Naismith - 6 Never gave up, must be thinking why did i come here.

Lafferty - 4 Posted missing. 

Subs -

MacDonald - 5  Good on the ball.

Amankwaa - 2 Looks another waste of money

Henderson 2 - No time 

McLaughlin looked shaky as in pulled off a brilliant save onto the bar and had no chance with either goal? Didn’t bother with the others your first one was so bad.

Walter Bishop
Just now, ecjambo said:

McLaughlin looked shaky as in pulled off a brilliant save onto the bar and had no chance with either goal? Didn’t bother with the others your first one was so bad.

Kicking was horrific throughout, he looked uncomfortable to me, he was poor at Motherwell also. 

Being generous:

McLaughlin - 6
Godinho - 6
Souttar - 5
Berra - 5
Randall - 3
Smith - 5
Adao - 6
Cochrane - not enough time
Moore - 5
Naismith - 4
Lafferty - 4

McDonald - 5

Amankwaa - 3

Henderson - no time

Getintaethem

Thought Godinho, MacDonald and Adao played well, the rest were poor.  We saw on Sunday that Randall can't play left back, yet we persisted with him.  Signing Naismith took a large chunk of our player budget, and for me he has failed to deliver, was poor again tonight.

14 minutes ago, ecjambo said:

This.  McLaughlin never looked shaky at all.

6 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Thought Godinho, MacDonald and Adao played well, the rest were poor.  We saw on Sunday that Randall can't play left back, yet we persisted with him.  Signing Naismith took a large chunk of our player budget, and for me he has failed to deliver, was poor again tonight.

This - normally like Randall but he's been appalling the last 2 games. Seemed to constantly give the ball away. 

Play Randall at RB and we will see him at his best. Why didn't we play Smith at LB with Randall on the right. Makes no sense to me..

Also OP gave a 6 to Naismith?? Behave. He was anonymous as he has been for 99% of every game he's played in maroon.

Just now, communist said:

Play Randall at RB and we will see him at his best. Why didn't we play Smith at LB with Randall on the right. Makes no sense to me..

Also OP gave a 6 to Naismith?? Behave. He was anonymous as he has been for 99% of every game he's played in maroon.

Why was Smith playing in midfield before Buaben?

Naismith was our best player but tired unfortunately our bench is a joke. 

Liamthejambo

No sure about the markings , the fact is, anyone scores against us , we don’t win,. Naissthmith A’s is Lafferty on a fortune,, not a shot on target says it all, let’s focus on stay8ng up cause that’s where we are 

3 minutes ago, DVB said:

Why was Smith playing in midfield before Buaben?

Naismith was our best player but tired unfortunately our bench is a joke. 

I would have played Buaben too, but didn't want to say it on here - you'll incur the standard response of Buaben is shite.

Have to disagree about Naismith, I thought Adao and Berra were the only players who looked interested tonight. I've been totally underwhelmed by Stevie Naismith - hope he can find some form and earn us some points in the games to come - the older guys need to take some responsibility, take games by the scruff of the neck and lead the way.  Our squad is awful as you say.

Geoff Kilpatrick

McLaughlin - 6 - ok, didn't really have much to do

Smith - 6 - Did well in an role he has never played before

Randall - 2 - Dreadful

Souttar - 6 - Marked down for their 2nd. Good game otherwise

Godinho - 7 - Really decent defensive performance

Berra - 7 - Standard from him

Adao - 7 - We need to sign him permanently

Cochrane - 1 - Injured

Lafferty - 5 - Kept taking the wrong option

Naismith - 5 - Decent first half, awful second

Moore - 4 - Poor

Subs:

McDonald - 5 - A few tidy touches

Amankwaa - 1 - Anonymous

Henderson - 1 - No time

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Look at CL’s recruitment should be sacked for that alone getting extremely sick of him now tarnishing his legacy should just resign.

Thought Adao and Godinho can take pass marks tonight, everyone else needs to ask themselves questions about how much more they can give.

Appreciate McLaughlan had a couple of saves but his kicking was poor and his confidence has taken a wee knock recently.

I don’t think we should question the signings of Lafferty and Naismith as they are proven players but we should definitely question how they are being used or how much they are giving, they just haven’t produced together. I’m not forgetting how many goals Lafferty has scored this season either.

Lots to do after this season as we are seriously looking like a bottom six side right now.

Cruyff Turn
50 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Jon M 6

Godinho 6

Adao 6

No ****s given about the rest of them, utterly dreadful.

This. 

20 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Idiots really.

Adao is outstanding.

You thought he was poor tonight?

42 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

This. 

Because in Craig we trust just like he thought good idea to play Ross Callaghan ..... that’s the issue hello !!! 

A lot of us giving Jon a 6 out of past performances me thinks 

He was ****n awful tonight along with the rest and being brutally honest nobody deserved more than 4 godinho maybe a five that's all 

Macdonald has a bit of a spark about him.  Like how he is willing to carry the ball forward and try to create.  Decent shot too.

Otherwise Adao got stuck in with a bit of discipline this time.  Any sign of Amankwaa searing pace yet?

McLaughlin 6

Godhino 6.   Sleeping at opener though.

Souttar. 5.  Weak at 2nd.

Berra.  5.    Finally shaky after holding us together most of season.

Randall 3.  Bottled it.

——————

Adao. 6.   Dug in, no help.

Smith 5. Out of position but caught out with slack play numerous times putting us in trouble.

Cochrane.  Injured. 

Moore. 6.  Should’ve played last week. Works hard, can be tricky. 

Naismith. 5.  Expect better use of ball from him.

Lafferty. 5.   

Smith&Weston

McLaughlin was shaky at Motherwell in first half but can’t say he did anything wrong last night.

Godinho did well but let’s be honest he has been thrown in at the deep end the last 3 games.  A player in there.

Randall has been terrible the last few ages.  The guy can only play RB and if we don’t play in there, he shouldn’t play at all.

Berra and Souttar have been patched up and looked like it last 2-3 games.  Good players but not as solid lately.

Adao has been a positive and I like his energy and aggression.  

Cochrane needs a complete rest now for me.  Burnt out.

Smith is never a midfield player

Moore did well in 1st half but tired badly.  Again the guy is an attacking left winger being asked to play more central,  decent prospect.

Naismith is a good player wasted in midfield.  Been saying this for weeks.

Lafferty needs to stay up top but keeps getting dragged back and then makes him easy to play against.  Thought he was poor last night.

mcDonald is a great talent but is an attacking winger and needs to be in the final 1/3 of the pitch.  Not his own half most of the night.

Amankwaa - No idea why we signed him.

15 minutes ago, Coco said:

Macdonald has a bit of a spark about him.  Like how he is willing to carry the ball forward and try to create.  Decent shot too.

Otherwise Adao got stuck in with a bit of discipline this time.  Any sign of Amankwaa searing pace yet?

I know it’s early days but the lad Amankwaa look like a rabbit in the headlights. Hope he is not another one in the infamous 2 year recruitment policy to fail.

Can someone explain to me how McLaughlin looked shaky? He made a tremendous save at 1-0 and he wasn’t at fault for either goal.

19 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

McLaughlin was shaky at Motherwell in first half but can’t say he did anything wrong last night.

Godinho did well but let’s be honest he has been thrown in at the deep end the last 3 games.  A player in there.

Randall has been terrible the last few ages.  The guy can only play RB and if we don’t play in there, he shouldn’t play at all.

Berra and Souttar have been patched up and looked like it last 2-3 games.  Good players but not as solid lately.

Adao has been a positive and I like his energy and aggression.  

Cochrane needs a complete rest now for me.  Burnt out.

Smith is never a midfield player

Moore did well in 1st half but tired badly.  Again the guy is an attacking left winger being asked to play more central,  decent prospect.

Naismith is a good player wasted in midfield.  Been saying this for weeks.

Lafferty needs to stay up top but keeps getting dragged back and then makes him easy to play against.  Thought he was poor last night.

mcDonald is a great talent but is an attacking winger and needs to be in the final 1/3 of the pitch.  Not his own half most of the night.

Amankwaa - No idea why we signed him.

That’s how I saw it a totally unbalanced team, with a reliance on kids and we’ve signed another mystery footballer who seems a stranger to a football (amankwaa)

_They tried hard, when we finally let a goal in our draw wasn’t achievable and we rocked a bit for 10 mins and then regathered our shape to man the wall and stop football 

the beautiful game it isn’t 

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Can someone explain to me how McLaughlin looked shaky? He made a tremendous save at 1-0 and he wasn’t at fault for either goal.

All season he has been one of the only reflective lights in a sea of shite.

1 hour ago, Coco said:

MacDonald shat it on more than a couple of challenges and defensively was all over the place at times. Needs Championship season on loan to learn the game and toughen up.

9 hours ago, JH-HMFC said:

This - normally like Randall but he's been appalling the last 2 games. Seemed to constantly give the ball away. 

Being played out of position doesn't help but twice last night kicked the ball into touch for no apparent reason. He's got a bit of energy about him, which is more than most of em

53 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Being played out of position doesn't help but twice last night kicked the ball into touch for no apparent reason. He's got a bit of energy about him, which is more than most of em

Yes very true. Surprised Levein put him at LB again after Motherwell. Perhaps thought he'd be better up against Boyle. Unfortunately not, wasn't even a contest between the 2.

All Out Attack

McLaughlin - 6 Not that much to do

Godinho - 5 Quite good but didn't hit the bye line once. 
Souttar - 5 So so
Berra - 6 Can't do it all himself. 
Randall - 3 Playing out of position
Smith - 4 Playing out of position
Adao - 5 Some good some bad
Cochrane - 0 No time 
Moore - 2 Contributed very little. 
Naismith - 5 Power of work
Lafferty - 5 Hung out to dry yet again. Why do we continue to shell long balls to him. 

McDonald - 3 Very little from him. 

Amankwaa - 1 Another dud by the looks of it. 

Henderson - 0 

Levein 0 A team full of kids who are not ready and 3 right backs. We are an absolute shambles. Time to retain some dignity and resign  Craig, before it all ends in tears. 

ford donald
10 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Jon M 6

Godinho 6

Adao 6

No ****s given about the rest of them, utterly dreadful.

Agree with that.I thought naismith and lafferty where very poor for their standards.Hibs ripped us apart at times,we made there no10 look like messi!

maroonedinoz

Thought Lafferty tried hard first half, but he must be thinking..’I can’t do it all on my own’

McLaughlin - 7
Godinho - 7 MoM 
Souttar - 6
Berra - 6
Randall - 4
Smith - 5
Adao - 5
Cochrane - 
Moore - 5
Naismith - 4
Lafferty - 5

McDonald - 5

Amankwaa - 5

Henderson - no time

McLaughlin - 6
Godinho - 7
Souttar - 4
Berra - 4
Randall - 1
Smith - 6
Adao - 7
Cochrane - 1
Moore - 5
Naismith - 2
Lafferty - 2

McDonald - 4

Amankwaa - 1

Henderson - 1

McLaughlin 6

Godinho 6

Souttar 5

Berra 5

Randall 1

Moore 4

Adao 7

Cochrane 1

Smith 6

Naismith 6

Lafferty 6

Mcdonald 6

Probably the best we’ve passed the ball at ER in years. I’d put that completely down to the quality and personalities of our attackers. They’re willing to take the ball in tight areas and aren’t scared to take it again if they lose it. No shots on target is not acceptable, however.

Lafferty never gets above a 6 for me for general play bonus points for scoring goals here or there. Waste of big wages. Beginning to think the same about Naismith. Could have 4 decent standard spl players for the same money who would bring as much to the team .

14 hours ago, communist said:

I reckon Naismith is probably costing us c. £500k for 6 months. Not looking great vfm so far I'm sorry to say 

Archived