Poisoned Russian spy.

Rab87

deesidejambo
41 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

“One should not threaten a nuclear power”.

Maria Zakharova of Russia’s Foreign Ministry speaking earlier today. 

There’s a surprise.   Ww3 is coming.   The Russians are doing their best to destabilise the world.

**** them

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• jake

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Space Mackerel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
50 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Thought he got 18 years in a Russian jail. Why not execute him then? You could argue he was used as a bargaining chip though. 

It was 13 years he got, which is an incredibly short sentence for a traitor, especially considering traitors are usually shot.

Space Mackerel
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It was 13 years he got, which is an incredibly short sentence for a traitor, especially considering traitors are usually shot.

Which sort of makes all this official narrative more bizarre. 

Agents, double agents, triple agents even, if only the world of espionage and global politics was as easy as the MSM make you believe. :)

Panorama tonight should be an interesting watch.  A clear indication of what a horrible place Russia has become. Reminiscent of 1930s Germany.

Jambo-Jimbo
29 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Panorama tonight should be an interesting watch.  A clear indication of what a horrible place Russia has become. Reminiscent of 1930s Germany.

And yet there are people in the UK who hold Russia as being some kind of open & free Nirvana.

For all the UK's faults I still prefer the UK's version of Democracy to the Russian version of Democracy.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And yet there are people in the UK who hold Russia as being some kind of open & free Nirvana.

Only the sort of people who look up to their local scheme gangster as some kind of inspiration.

It's easy to see why Russia and Putin look impressive to the average simpleton. The type of person who works just above minimum wage yet votes tory. The sort of person who supports the EDL and thinks Tony Robinson is a proper brave, man of the people.

****ing uncle toms.

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

For all the UK's faults I still prefer the UK's version of Democracy to the Russian version of Democracy.

Spot on. Reading some of the stuff on the web produced by the Bakofoil Hat Brigade, you really have to wonder what has to happen before some open their eyes to the Kremlin Regime.  

Quite an interesting piece about Russian perspective of great people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/06/26/for-russians-stalin-is-the-most-outstanding-figure-in-world-history-putin-is-next/?utm_term=.396b0fde3bb4

Not in anyway trying to absolve Putin here, but if you look at the history of Russia, especially the post Soviet experience, it is little wonder the people love him, or at least, support him.  The economic stabilisation after the 1990's being a key part.

7 minutes ago, Boris said:

Quite an interesting piece about Russian perspective of great people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/06/26/for-russians-stalin-is-the-most-outstanding-figure-in-world-history-putin-is-next/?utm_term=.396b0fde3bb4

Not in anyway trying to absolve Putin here, but if you look at the history of Russia, especially the post Soviet experience, it is little wonder the people love him, or at least, support him.  The economic stabilisation after the 1990's being a key part.

Stabilisation to what though?      There's still horrendous inequality and Putin + cronies have stolen vast sums of money for themselves.      

Democratically,    the Russian people are completely disenfranchised.    

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Stabilisation to what though?      There's still horrendous inequality and Putin + cronies have stolen vast sums of money for themselves.      

Democratically,    the Russian people are completely disenfranchised.    

The tail end of the Yeltsin years was dominated by carpetbagging oligarchs essentially stealing a lot of Russia's assets (coal, gas etc).  It was incredibly corrupt.  Putin is seen as having stopped all that (no laughing now!) and he has to an extent.  At the same time, it's his cronies on the take now.

But the Russian people have very little democratic experience.  Stalin still remains a powerful figure in the psyche.

BBC2 showed a documentary six years ago called Putin, Russia and the West.  I thought it was very good and shows how the West could have actually coaxed Putin into being an ally of sorts, but failed to.  Partly due to American intransigence (IMO).

part 1

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Which sort of makes all this official narrative more bizarre. 

Agents, double agents, triple agents even, if only the world of espionage and global politics was as easy as the MSM make you believe. :)

not to mention nerve agents.

2 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

And make sure we let Russia win the World Cup.   Thy are a nuclear power dontcha know.

I'm so proud of Scotland having boycotted this World Cup.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, southcap said:

Only the sort of people who look up to their local scheme gangster as some kind of inspiration.

It's easy to see why Russia and Putin look impressive to the average simpleton. The type of person who works just above minimum wage yet votes tory. The sort of person who supports the EDL and thinks Tony Robinson is a proper brave, man of the people.

****ing uncle toms.

I think you'll find that there are people from all walks of life, all income brackets and of all political persuasions who have a soft spot for 'Mother Russia'.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think you'll find that there are people from all walks of life, all income brackets and of all political persuasions who have a soft spot for 'Mother Russia'.

Although I'm sure you are correct, the types I mentioned make up the vast bulk.

Jambo-Jimbo

23 Russian Diplomats been told to GTF amongst other measures, such as no British dignitaries or members of the Royal family to attend the World Cup, and various other measures.

Quick question:

Don't embassies technically belong to the country in question, so the Russian embassy would technically be Russian soil? 

With that in mind, how can we expel diplomats from this country if they are within that embassy? 

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The Russians will be gutted that a couple of MPs and Prince Harry wont be over.

Unfortunatly thats about as tough as we can really go, a big % of europes gas comes from russia these days and if we start sanctions there a good chance they flick the switch and switch the gas off.

Its never going to escilate to nukes, it serves east and west military budgets (just the cold war over again) to let the public think its a possibilty, after all america has just spent bilions on there smart nuke programme and our government has to justify replacing Trident. Russia has spend billions as well upgrading there nuclear programme, they don't have to justify there spending as much (at least i don't think) but its always nice to have a "bad guy" to divert the peoples attention away from it.

Just now, tian447 said:

Quick question:

Don't embassies technically belong to the country in question, so the Russian embassy would technically be Russian soil? 

With that in mind, how can we expel diplomats from this country if they are within that embassy? 

Any embassy is foreign soil, or at least it used to be last I checked.

We can't make anyone leave offically, we ask them to leave, they counter by asking some of ours to leave and both sides come to a kind of agreement on who goes home.

I might be wrong here but thats how it used to be.

...a bit disco
24 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So will Prince Harry and the aforementioned MPs.

13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Quick question:

100%

But to stay, they will never be able to leave the embassy. Look at the Assange situation to see how it would play out.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, MadJock said:

We can't make anyone leave offically, we ask them to leave, they counter by asking some of ours to leave and both sides come to a kind of agreement on who goes home.

The PM announced that they had identified a number of Russian spies working as Diplomats and it would be them who are expelled.

By the sounds of that it would appear that there will be no horse trading over this, the names on the list will be the ones who leave.

26 minutes ago, MadJock said:

I'd imagine these diplomats credentials and Visas will be revoked by the FCO forcing them out.

Horatio Caine

An effective response would be if a number of European countries withdrew from the World Cup.  It's a vehicle for Putin's ego.

7 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I'd imagine these diplomats credentials and Visas will be revoked by the FCO forcing them out.

Yeah i imagine so, if they stayed on embassy soil though there is not a lot we could do (pretty sure its still the way) as we have no juristiction. pretty sure they will leave though and that Russia will issue a statement saying they have identified a number of spies in the British embassy and have asked them to leave.

I could be well off with this, but its how it was done during the Cold war days and it seems thats what its going back too.

Watt-Zeefuik

Russia doesn't care that this can be traced back to Russia -- actually they do, it's a positive for them. The poisonings aren't just to neutralize one target, it's to send an international message.

Good thing we have a strong President in the USA who's determined to MAGA. I'm sure he'll put a stop to this.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Don't know about that. The one thing that Putin and his mob want is to be seen to be respected. The problem is that is his mind there is little difference between being respected and being feared. The lack of dignitaries at "his" World Cup would in fact reinforce the notion that he and his regime are not respected elsewhere. I just hope that other European countries and other follow this lead.  Won't hold my breath though.

Thunderstruck
1 hour ago, MadJock said:

Unfortunatly thats about as tough as we can really go, a big % of europes gas comes from russia these days and if we start sanctions there a good chance they flick the switch and switch the gas off.

Its never going to escilate to nukes, it serves east and west military budgets (just the cold war over again) to let the public think its a possibilty, after all america has just spent bilions on there smart nuke programme and our government has to justify replacing Trident. Russia has spend billions as well upgrading there nuclear programme, they don't have to justify there spending as much (at least i don't think) but its always nice to have a "bad guy" to divert the peoples attention away from it.

As Andrew Neil frequently points out, Russia is an “economic basket case with a GDP lower than Italy’s”.

Oil and gas sales are propping up that economy so cutting off sales would be a double-edged sword. In any case, cutting off gas as we move to summer is less of a threat. 

One thing that does put the wind up Putin is the expansion of NATO. The Baltic States are already members and the next area of concern for him is the former Yugoslav States (stand fast Serbia which is pretty much in the Kremlin’s pocket). 

2 hours ago, southcap said:

Although I'm sure you are correct, the types I mentioned make up the vast bulk.

No, you just have a very prejudiced view of people on low incomes who live in social housing.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

Russia doesn't care that this can be traced back to Russia -- actually they do, it's a positive for them. The poisonings aren't just to neutralize one target, it's to send an international message.

Good thing we have a strong President in the USA who's determined to MAGA. I'm sure he'll put a stop to this.

James Clapper seems to think so as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/putin-trump-asset-russia-us-james-clapper-intelligence-chief-a8119271.html

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

No, you just have a very prejudiced view of people on low incomes who live in social housing.

No I don't. I have a very prejudiced view on low income people who vote tory.

Fixed that for you.

Embassies are not foreign soil. However the Vienna convention states the host country can not enter the embassy without permission first. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Surely Britain could cut of their water supply and stop all deliveries. Just starve the ****ers out of the embassy. 

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

16 minutes ago, MadJock said:

Learn something new every day, was always led to believe they were

Dunno if it's bullshit or not but there's a story of some heavily pregnant woman who was in an embassy to get a visa. She went in to labour and gave birth in the Embassy and then tried to claim her child was a citizen of that nation. She was apparently told to bolt.

As mentioned, that could just be bullshit. 

Escobar PHM
4 hours ago, MadJock said:

Not sure they would cut off the whole of Europe just because we get SOME of our gas from the EU. We don't buy gas direct from Russia. If Russia stops selling gas to Europe and kicks the Brits out of Russian Oil companies, their economy will crash

Bridge of Djoum
8 hours ago, southcap said:

****ing uncle toms.

8C79C684-88D9-459B-88BD-B33FB9736950.jpeg

Telling you theres a story behind this story that involves someone getting minted by telling the Ruskies to FO. Someone somewhere always gets the dough. Why would the Russians not just wait till that man got home then put a bullit in the back of his head? Or ran him over? Or got a couple of ex-KGB meatheads to beat him to death?

A chemical weapon? Doesnt add up to me. 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

As Andrew Neil frequently points out, Russia is an “economic basket case with a GDP lower than Italy’s”.

Oil and gas sales are propping up that economy so cutting off sales would be a double-edged sword. In any case, cutting off gas as we move to summer is less of a threat. 

One thing that does put the wind up Putin is the expansion of NATO. The Baltic States are already members and the next area of concern for him is the former Yugoslav States (stand fast Serbia which is pretty much in the Kremlin’s pocket). 

Another very good reason to get Fracking! 

Thunderstruck
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Telling you theres a story behind this story that involves someone getting minted by telling the Ruskies to FO. Someone somewhere always gets the dough. Why would the Russians not just wait till that man got home then put a bullit in the back of his head? Or ran him over? Or got a couple of ex-KGB meatheads to beat him to death?

9B73682B-01A0-45B9-AECC-1387307F7B81.jpeg.5d0ab971cc809038bc86e4b7277d135c.jpeg

Or 

14974DB1-59E4-4C67-B6F8-769B80803A9B.jpeg.f7705532395221d8f164458b96e6fbd1.jpeg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
33 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Even after Litvenyenko or whatever he was called?

deesidejambo
36 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Same here.  Why not just shoot him?

5 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

An effective response would be if a number of European countries withdrew from the World Cup.  It's a vehicle for Putin's ego.

It would but if the international ‘community’ don’t act collectively when 250+ civilians are blown out the sky, they aren’t going to do it for spys, dissidents, journalists etc, no matter how or where they’re killed. 

deesidejambo
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

It would but if the international ‘community’ don’t act collectively when 250+ civilians are blown out the sky, they aren’t going to do it for spys, dissidents, journalists etc, no matter how or where they’re killed. 

Indeed.   The Russians know they can get away with murder, literally murder.

They will continue until it all goes off.

Boom