Poisoned Russian spy.

Rab87

Still nothing on how this Novichok was delivered to these 2 people, only info is it was in liquid form. 

How long do these nerve agents take to take effect?

Seems there was a high dosage at their door then they were found some while later.

You'd think if somebody sprayed something on them then they'd get straight to the shower and phone the police, but it seems they've been clueless to actually being hit with something.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• jake

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Space Mackerel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

There's no conspiracy. It just seems as though they've decided to act quickly.

Rather they'd wait for OPCW investigations but the idea this is some huge conspiracy doesn't hold up.

The OPCW still haven't been given access to the alleged site in Douma, the reason given is that the road isn't safe as it hasn't been cleared of mines, that didn't seem to bother the Syrians/Russians when they bused in journalists just the other day or so.  The OPCW have been told they might get access tomorrow, maybe.

It's fine saying you'd rather wait until the OPCW had completed their investigations, but what if they are continually fobbed off and prevented from accessing the site, what do you do then?

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The OPCW still haven't been given access to the alleged site in Douma, the reason given is that the road isn't safe as it hasn't been cleared of mines, that didn't seem to bother the Syrians/Russians when they bused in journalists just the other day or so.  The OPCW have been told they might get access tomorrow, maybe.

It's fine saying you'd rather wait until the OPCW had completed their investigations, but what if they are continually fobbed off and prevented from accessing the site, what do you do then?

Then you act and point to the obstruction of UN / OPCW inspectors.

Acting as we've done is all fine if you show it's the final resort or the only option left.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Still nothing on how this Novichok was delivered to these 2 people, only info is it was in liquid form. 

How long do these nerve agents take to take effect?

Seems there was a high dosage at their door then they were found some while later.

You'd think if somebody sprayed something on them then they'd get straight to the shower and phone the police, but it seems they've been clueless to actually being hit with something.

Nothing has been mentioned about a spray, all that has been revealed is that it was in liquid form and seems to have been on the door handle, which could easily be applied by a brush, therefore the intended victims wouldn't know anything about it before they touched they door handle.

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

0EB7D1E5-91D1-48DB-A35D-88E8860CE08D.jpeg

Not sure what your point is in posting a story from 1999.

Just more googling I see.

deesidejambo
1 minute ago, JamboX2 said:

Acting as we've done is all fine if you show it's the final resort or the only option left.

But surely the only evidence that matters is the medical analysis of cause of death of the victims.    It’s either chemical or it isn’t.    That is what will establish who is right.

but agreed that bringing in journalists and not the OPCW is not indicative of openness

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Nothing has been mentioned about a spray, all that has been revealed is that it was in liquid form and seems to have been on the door handle, which could easily be applied by a brush, therefore the intended victims wouldn't know anything about it before they touched they door handle.

Ahh ok, gotcha.

deesidejambo
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The door handle would be likely if it comes to light  that the Policeman who was affected also touched it

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, in an ideal world proper investigations would be carried out first, but this isn't an ideal world.

It has been revealed that there have been 390 alleged chemical attacks since 2014, including 8 this year, a dreadful stat if true.

Space Mackerel
9 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Not sure what your point is in posting a story from 1999.

Just more googling I see.

Youre not sure what the point is after trying to be snide after your CIA comment? 

If if you’re going to troll then make sure it’s bomb proof. 

3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

0EB7D1E5-91D1-48DB-A35D-88E8860CE08D.jpegReynolds

Albert Reynolds, from the "never, we're never corrupt" Fianna Fail Govt. Ha Ha, who would ever have the audacity to quote someone from that ****ing period in Irish History in a discussion about morality and ethics. Stop it, you're killing me.

Edited by SE16 3LN

Space Mackerel
11 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Albert Reynolds, from the "never, we're never corrupt" Fianna Fail Govt. Ha Ha, who would ever have the audacity to quote someone from that ****ing period in Irish History in a discussion about morality and ethics. Stop it, you're killing me.

What is wrong with you? Is it fake nooz too or doesn’t suit your uneducated narrative? It’s got to be one or the other. 

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

What is wrong with you? Is it fake nooz too or doesn’t suit your uneducated narrative? It’s got to be one or the other. 

Ha, Ha, Ha, leave the kids with Ian Brady why don't you. We will never know ya numpty, that Govt. were lying, cheating thieving *******s (Allegedly), and you ****ing call me uneducated...this has brightened up my Tuesday at work. Seriously, stop.

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Ha, Ha, Ha, leave the kids with Ian Brady why don't you. We will never know ya numpty, that Govt. were lying, cheating thieving *******s (Allegedly), and you ****ing call me uneducated...this has brightened up my Tuesday at work. Seriously, stop.

Some foul language that.

Stop what, making you look an utter idiot on here with your droll responses?

Are you trying to suck up the rest of the attack dogs on here? Is that your wee overall plan? :)

Why don’t you stick to the topic? 

deesidejambo
28 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Some foul language that.

Stop what, making you look an utter idiot on here with your droll responses?

Are you trying to suck up the rest of the attack dogs on here? Is that your wee overall plan? :)

Why don’t you stick to the topic? 

The topic is the poisoned Russian spy.  So you stick to it also.

Geoff the Mince

Rambo Mackerel was awarded the  Purple Heart in Vietnam 

The man's a legend :laugh:

Jambo-Jimbo

Syria claims that the OPCW inspectors have finally been allowed into Douma, although there has been no confirmation from the OPCW yet.

And Sky News is reporting that the Russians have announced that they have found a jihadist chemical weapons factory in Douma, what a coincidence.

The problem now is, if the OPCW find any trace of chemicals the Russians will simply claim it must have come from the rebels chemical factory.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Syria claims that the OPCW inspectors have finally been allowed into Douma, although there has been no confirmation from the OPCW yet.

And Sky News is reporting that the Russians have announced that they have found a jihadist chemical weapons factory in Douma, what a coincidence.

The problem now is, if the OPCW find any trace of chemicals the Russians will simply claim it must have come from the rebels chemical factory.

Somebody would have been given a thorough pat on the back for coming up with that one.    Fine work Comrade (insert Russian name here).    President Putin and mother Russia is proud of you.     Right,    where do you get your hands on an ISIS flag these days?

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeah.

Our moral high ground and obvious cause for good.

Meanwhile in Yemen 50 000 children are expected to die at the hands of our allied coalition.

We good everybody else lies and bad.

We dumb dumbs.

Syria is not involved in a civil war .

It has been invaded and financed by us.

That's the bottom line saddos.

shaun.lawson
9 minutes ago, jake said:

Syria is not involved in a civil war .

Yes it is. It's a civil war with many international and proxy pipelines, certainly - but it's absolutely a civil war.

Just now, shaun.lawson said:

Yes it is. It's a civil war with many international and proxy pipelines, certainly - but it's absolutely a civil war.

No it's not .

shaun.lawson
Just now, jake said:

No it's not .

Yes it is. And your attempt to simplify, in black and white terms, the most complex conflict anywhere since 1945 (and I include DR Congo in that) in order to suit your prejudices is embarrassing tbh.

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yes it is. And your attempt to simplify, in black and white terms, the most complex conflict anywhere since 1945 (and I include DR Congo in that) in order to suit your prejudices is embarrassing tbh.

No .

Your attempt to disguise this as some sort of Syrian uprising is at best thick as fek.

A country secular and tolerant protecting minorities and affording women a place in society.

Albeit in relation to the region.

A country whose leadership according to western press outlets that I know you trust so much was the most popular in the region.

Have you looked into Syria's historical battles with CIA destabilization since 1945.

Have you considered the "rebels " backing.

Why an Arab spring in Lybia Egypt and Syria ?

Honestly Shaun away and take your embarrassment for a shite.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Oh.     

Anyone who thinks this is a civil war is a halfwit.

And it does not matter whose side you take on it or who you believe to have instigated it.

shaun.lawson

FAO Jake:

- Peaceful protests begin during Arab Spring

- Assad's forces fire upon and slaughter protesters, igniting civil war

- Assad releases from jail the worst, most evil prisoners in the country, in order to taint the opposition with extremism

- Extremists begin slaughtering opposition

- War intensifies with Iran and Hezbollah helping and arming Assad; Saudis and Gulf states helping and arming opposition

- Jihadis flood in from Turkey and Chechnya

- US and UK begin arming opposition

- Many of these arms find their way to extremists

- Moderate opposition begins to hollow out and collapse

- US, UK and France fail to take action against Assad's use of chemical weapons

- Daesh/ISIS form, moving into and threatening much of Iraq

- US and UK start bombing Daesh in Iraq

- Russia takes advantage of vacuum by getting heavily involved on Assad's side

- Turkey bombs Kurdish areas of Syria

- Russia attacks mostly non-Daesh opposition and slaughters horrendous numbers of civilians

- US and UK extend bombing of Daesh into Syria

- Daesh collapses; opposition generally in retreat

- Assad keeps using chemical weapons

- US, UK and France bomb in order to diminish his ability to use those weapons

A civil war, with many international pipelines. When it ends, it'll be won by either Assad or the opposition. That is to say: by one Syrian side, or another.

Edited by shaun.lawson

I think his point is that the Arab Spring was fully and completely devised and performed by 'us' and is therefore not attributed to Syrian people in any way.   Therefore not a civil war in whatever sense he thinks one is.

He is of course as nutty as a squirrel's jobby.

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think his point is that the Arab Spring was fully and completely devised and performed by 'us' and is therefore not attributed to Syrian people in any way.   Therefore not a civil war in whatever sense he thinks one is.

He is of course as nutty as a squirrel's jobby.

His smoking gun link starts with "Coup in 1949" :rofl: 

Just now, shaun.lawson said:

His smoking gun link starts with "Coup in 1949" :rofl: 

My smoking gun is a modus operandi .

And it's always telling when someone uses a moronic emoji .

shaun.lawson
Just now, jake said:

I don't.

Why do you think I do.

Because they are affected by an 800 billion military machine .

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/world/middleeast/cia-syria-rebel-arm-train-trump.html

Yes, that the US have armed and trained some rebels is well documented. And?

Do you think the entire Arab Spring across the entire region was all because of the dark, shadowy US pulling the strings of millions and millions of people? The US is so incompetent, it couldn't even manage to assassinate Castro, man!

Please feel free to debunk the age old tactic of demonizing a leader.

Please feel free to debunk the popularity of a leader pre 2011.

Please feel free to tell me how this Arab spring affected our allies in the region.

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yes, that the US have armed and trained some rebels is well documented. And?

Do you think the entire Arab Spring across the entire region was all because of the dark, shadowy US pulling the strings of millions and millions of people? The US is so incompetent, it couldn't even manage to assassinate Castro, man!

Do you think that US foreign interests were served by the Arab spring.

Do you think that an organisation with decades of practice around the world is incapable of this.

Do you ignore the Iraq Afghan Vietnam Korea and South American tactics .

Involving all the same characteristics.

I don't choose sides.

You do.

I choose to not take them .

You do.

You choose to sook shite through a straw.

Yummy

The Assads were 'popular' in exactly the same way as Saddam,  Gaddafi and Mubarak were 'popular'.     In that you kinda had to like them popular tyrants like.

The Arab Spring was encouraged and aided but if was never directly caused and forced upon an unsuspecting peoples of Arab states.

Just now, Victorian said:

The Assads were 'popular' in exactly the same way as Saddam,  Gaddafi and Mubarak were 'popular'.     In that you kinda had to like them popular tyrants like.

The Arab Spring was encouraged and aided but if was never directly caused and forced upon an unsuspecting peoples of Arab states.

Right enough.

Sorry.

Let's pump a billion pound into Islamic fundamentalist groups and undermine Trump.

He's popular as fek .

Oh and another wee thing Shaun .

It's easy to rip me.

There's so much information out there and I'm no academic.

But you even assert that a guy like Craig Murray is somehow radicalized .

What the fek does that mean.

It's another term meant for slander .

Troll on Shaun troll on

37 minutes ago, jake said:

Anyone who thinks this is a civil war is a halfwit.

And it does not matter whose side you take on it or who you believe to have instigated it.

Well time to phone the psychiatrist again, I believe when citizens of the same country, are fighting other citizens, of the same country in a dispute that puts some of the citizenry against the ruling body you have got a revolution, culminating into civil war. But then I have twice now been adjudged mentally deficient on this thread.

deesidejambo
1 minute ago, bobsharp said:

Well time to phone the psychiatrist again, I believe when citizens of the same country, are fighting other citizens, of the same country in a dispute that puts some of the citizenry against the ruling body you have got a revolution, culminating into civil war. But then I have twice now been adjudged mentally deficient on this thread.

At least you haven’t been called a Troll.     Yet.

4 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Not by me bob.

And the "rebels" are foreign fighters.

And whoever's side you take in all of this it's no civil war.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/syria-its-not-a-civil-war-and-it-never-was/5498602 

Edit.

Bob I give my own views and they are rough round the edges.

Hence my language as I have been posting about Syria for a while.

It has not been news for a while and hey Presto.

Edited by jake

shaun.lawson
27 minutes ago, jake said:

Do you think that US foreign interests were served by the Arab spring.

In some cases yes, in others no. I'm only too aware that Qatar's proposed gas pipeline through Syria was extremely attractive to Europe (several of whose countries voted for Qatar 2022 for reasons related to it); a disaster for Russia. That's another reason for the latter's involvement.

The problem, Jake, is this. You've concluded that there are bad actors in the world. Fair enough, I agree. Yet you completely fail to hold the same standards to everyone except the US and UK. So Assad's a good guy; Putin's a good guy; both are victims of shameless Western propaganda.

But they're not. They're evil *******s. Go tell the journalists and opposition figures who Putin's had bumped off how misunderstood he is - but you can't. They're dead. Go tell the horrific numbers of Syrians who Assad and his father have had tortured and murdered over the years how misunderstood and, worse, "popular" (the mind boggles) the regime is. But you can't. They're dead too.

The West are not "good guys" in any of this. But our vision of the world remains infinitely, gigantically preferable to that of Putin or Assad. And it always will too.