Poisoned Russian spy.

Rab87

yabadabadoo1874again
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Hitler was the equivalent of an opponent of the SNP? You may have nailed it!

Just wow.

???

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• jake

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Space Mackerel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes. Ladybird made up the role of the RAF in WW2.

Time for you to dig out a decent history book or documentary on tv on the subject FA. 

Invention of radar played a hugely massive part too don’t forget. 

The thing is with Operation Sea Lion - it ignored the fact that the Royal Navy was very happy to sink itself in the Channel to prevent German success.

The RAF could've been grounded or forced off the south coast. Troops could've landed but these troops need supplied. Those supplies would come by sea. The German Navy wasn't strong enough to control the Channel with or without air support.

Sandringham done a military exercise in the 70s. A wargame of Sea Lion. Every scenario showed an eventual British victory. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sea_Lion_(wargame)?wprov=sfla1

I think it would've been pyrrhic. I think it would've forced us to sit round the table as there's little chance we'd have been an able force after that defeat. 

Russia meanwhile sacrificed 25 million and still won a war. Therefore for Bojo to blow off about Nazis and equivocating them with Russia is utterly un-thoughtful nonsense. He's an embarrassment. At times of such heightened strain in relations he as Foreign Secretary should be cooling the mood not fueling the fires.

Edited by JamboX2

Watt-Zeefuik

Wait, folk are questioning whether Hitler was right wing? He combined a Restorationist position regarding the prior "reichs" with Germanic racial nationalism with an embrace of large private corporations as the engines of society (at one point calling his philosophy "fascist corporatism"). He wanted both a return to the prior great regimes of German history alongside a society governed by wealthy industrialists, and painted communism (generally regarded as left wing last I checked) as the ultimate enemy ideology because it denied the racial superiority of some people over others (in addition to being Jewishy, oops sorry, these days we say "globalist," right?).

If "right wing" means anything at all (does it?), the Nazis were right wing.

Also, folk thinking the Cambridge Analytica story absolves the Russians... Um...

12 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Wait, folk are questioning whether Hitler was right wing? He combined a Restorationist position regarding the prior "reichs" with Germanic racial nationalism with an embrace of large private corporations as the engines of society (at one point calling his philosophy "fascist corporatism"). He wanted both a return to the prior great regimes of German history alongside a society governed by wealthy industrialists, and painted communism (generally regarded as left wing last I checked) as the ultimate enemy ideology because it denied the racial superiority of some people over others (in addition to being Jewishy, oops sorry, these days we say "globalist," right?).

If "right wing" means anything at all (does it?), the Nazis were right wing.

Also, folk thinking the Cambridge Analytica story absolves the Russians... Um...

The Russians have no need to be absolved. At this present time, nobody has proven their guilt (or otherwise).

The Cambridge Analytica story does nothing but point a finger larger than the National Lotteries right at the Conservative party of Great Britain. The very folks making the most noise about this incident. At one point the BBC were using "interfering with the US elections" as one of the main reason's The Russians cannot be trusted and must, therefore, have carried out this attack. This makes our Government look very silly indeed.

yabadabadoo1874again

Anyhoo...the trouble with the gullible BritNats being traipsed up the garden path on the diabolical nerve story is the big unilateral riddy they should all have  right about now... when it's realised that it was a conspiracy theory (theirs ironically) about big bad russkis...fake news...and they May have been played like giddy kippers...its really gone so quiet...shhhhhh...at this point truth is rowing out to sea into the sunset never to be seen again !!!

Meanwhile...the rest of us have filled in the intervening time with Ladybird history books, Our Man Flint political views, wrapping baco and / or tin foil round each others heids, Commando comic style interpretation of events, some plausible alt versions of who could actually have been reponsible, and reading single history books (or not)...and proposing quite interesting what if scenarios around events in 1930s to 40, being shocked at dangerous ignorance of a primary 1 school age foreign secretary (withsincere apologies to primary 1 school kids everywhere), getting participants and timelines mixed up in  war II and of course gently insulting one another along the way ...in true random fashion...viva JKB!!! ?

Edited by yabadabadoo1874again

Thunderstruck

This short documentary should help understanding of the Battle of Britain and will debunk a few myths

In particular, it looks at the “major force multiplier” that was the integrated air defence system. 

Boris Johnson has defended playing a game of tennis with the wife of one of Vladimir Putin’s ex-ministers in return for a £160,000 donation to the Conservatives.

Mr Johnson confirmed that the game, paid for by Lubov Chernukhin at a Tory fundraiser last year, has now taken place.

Ms Chernukhin has also since paid £30,000 to have dinner with Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson. 

Boris-Johnson-Playing-Tennis-And-Making-Funny-Face.jpg

Space Mackerel
56 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Boris Johnson has defended playing a game of tennis with the wife of one of Vladimir Putin’s ex-ministers in return for a £160,000 donation to the Conservatives.

Mr Johnson confirmed that the game, paid for by Lubov Chernukhin at a Tory fundraiser last year, has now taken place.

Ms Chernukhin has also since paid £30,000 to have dinner with Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson. 

Boris-Johnson-Playing-Tennis-And-Making-Funny-Face.jpg

Ruth Davidson also accepted £15,000 for a sit down nosh up with her. 

Space Mackerel
9 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

The thing is with Operation Sea Lion - it ignored the fact that the Royal Navy was very happy to sink itself in the Channel to prevent German success.

The RAF could've been grounded or forced off the south coast. Troops could've landed but these troops need supplied. Those supplies would come by sea. The German Navy wasn't strong enough to control the Channel with or without air support.

Sandringham done a military exercise in the 70s. A wargame of Sea Lion. Every scenario showed an eventual British victory. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sea_Lion_(wargame)?wprov=sfla1

I think it would've been pyrrhic. I think it would've forced us to sit round the table as there's little chance we'd have been an able force after that defeat. 

Russia meanwhile sacrificed 25 million and still won a war. Therefore for Bojo to blow off about Nazis and equivocating them with Russia is utterly un-thoughtful nonsense. He's an embarrassment. At times of such heightened strain in relations he as Foreign Secretary should be cooling the mood not fueling the fires.

How did Germany keep its army supplied in North Africa then? Or in Greece and Crete? 

22 hours ago, Boris said:

Disagree completely.

Stalin knew Hitler was a fascist and that Nazism abhorred Marxism/Communism.  Not to mention the contempt the Germans held for the Slavic peoples.  The Ribbentrop/Molotov Pact was realpolitik on the side of the Soviets.  They gained a buffer in the part of Poland (formerly part of the Russian Empire) that they got out of the deal.  It bought them time before the inevitable German invasion.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/3223834/Stalin-planned-to-send-a-million-troops-to-stop-Hitler-if-Britain-and-France-agreed-pact.html

That's a FLIMSY interpretation that I used to adhere to.  If the pact was to buy time why didn't Stalin spend that time building up his military defences and preparing for the invasion. It came as a complete surprise to him that Hitler had reneged on the deal and Stalin was still chasing down traitors within when it happened. They wanted a part of Poland and didn't mind carving Europe up with the Nazis. It was a horrendous miscalculation on the part of Stalin and the Russian people, and others, paid a huge price.

John Findlay
33 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

How did Germany keep its army supplied in North Africa then? Or in Greece and Crete? 

It didn't in North Africa.  Lack of supplies was one of the main reasons Rommel lost.

39 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

That's a FLIMSY interpretation that I used to adhere to.  If the pact was to buy time why didn't Stalin spend that time building up his military defences and preparing for the invasion. It came as a complete surprise to him that Hitler had reneged on the deal and Stalin was still chasing down traitors within when it happened. They wanted a part of Poland and didn't mind carving Europe up with the Nazis. It was a horrendous miscalculation on the part of Stalin and the Russian people, and others, paid a huge price.

Still not a reason to saying Stalin thought HItler was an ally or on the same political side.

Don't dispute that defences could have been bolstered pre Barbarossa, but gaining what he perceived as "lost" land i.e. Poland was perhaps a price worth paying, while still industrialising waiting for the inevitable.

maroonlegions

This chap just wont go away. Craig Murray is sticking to his original claims here, claims he believes  point the finger at May ,dear old chuckle brother Boris and her government for prematurely blaming Russia.

“This sworn Court evidence direct from Porton Down is utterly incompatible with what Boris Johnson has been saying. The truth is that Porton Down have not even positively identified this as a “Novichok”, as opposed to “a closely related agent”. Even if it were a “Novichok” that would not prove manufacture in Russia, and a “closely related agent” could be manufactured by literally scores of state and non-state actors.”

Boris Johnson A Categorical Liar - Craig Murray;

Evidence submitted by the British government in court today proves, beyond any doubt, that Boris Johnson has been point blank lying about the degree of certainty Porton Down scientists have about the Skripals being…

7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Well Greece and Crete was mainly by land as the Balkans were controlled. But the Royal Navy was doing a lot of convoy raiding in and around Malta and the Greek Islands. After Taranto the RN was in control - nominally - of the seas in the Med. 

If the UK mainland was invaded the Kreigsmarine lacked the requisite number of ships and transports to get supplies back to and from France to the UK. The Home Fleet was our largest fleet. In the event of invasion it would've been the last best hope to cut the supply routes. And in a narrow space like the Channel that's easier to win and control than the Med. 

If you look at the war in North Africa after the Italian fleet was defeated and consigned to port the Afrika Korps and Italian Armies soon began falling back and running out of supplies.

One point to also consider is the German fleet took some early major lossses and after Norway fell wasn't up for much. Hence it's lack of involvement in stopping the evacuation at Dunkirk.

sshd-v-skripal-and-another-20180322.pdf

The Evidence

16. 17.

The evidence in support of the application is contained within the applications themselves (in particular the Forms COP 3) and the witness statements.

I consider the following to be the relevant parts of the evidence. I shall identify the witnesses only by their role and shall summarise the essential elements of their evidence.

CC: Porton Down Chemical and Biological Analyst

i) 

Blood samples from Sergei Skripal and Yulia Skripal were analysed and the findings indicated exposure to a nerve agent or related compound. The samples tested positive for the presence of a Novichok class nerve agent or closely related agent.

ii) DD: Porton Down Scientific Adviser 

OR

“This sworn Court evidence direct from Porton Down is utterly incompatible with what Boris Johnson has been saying. The truth is that Porton Down have not even positively identified this as a “Novichok”, as opposed to “a closely related agent”. Even if it were a “Novichok” that would not prove manufacture in Russia, and a “closely related agent” could be manufactured by literally scores of state and non-state

So the EU has significantly firmed up it's position regarding Russian involvement in the attack.     You literally couldn't get a bit of tinfoil in between the positions of the EU and UK now.    

Fans of the metallic headwear must be rustling their heads at why the EU would allign itself to UK claims in such language of certainty.

Edited by Victorian

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So the EU has significantly firmed up it's position regarding Russian involvement in the attack.     You literally couldn't get a bit of tinfoil in between the positions of the EU and UK now.    

Fans of the metallic headwear must be rustling their heads at why the EU would allign itself to UK claims in such language of certainty.

Also in an unprecedented move the EU have recalled their Ambassador to Russia, and now several other EU Countries are set to expel Russian Diplomats as well and all this followed the UK providing additional intelligence/evidence to the other 27 EU Countries. 

Rocco_Jambo
On 18/03/2018 at 23:14, southcap said:

You seem to be both agreeing and disagreeing me.

You said what I said was nonsense, i explained myself, then you say I'm staying the obvious.

So what is it, am I stating the obvious or talking nonsense? Can't be both at once.

Well it can be when I was replying to two different posts one which was nonsense and one which wasn’t. 

This isn’t some kind of juvenile discussion where a person takes a position against a person rather than what they have said.

Your post about comparing a person being convicted after a criminal trial when the evidence has been disclosed, tested and cross examined to what I stated is nonsense.

Your one about circumstantial evidence potentially carrying the same weight as scientific evidence wasn’t and I agree with.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Also in an unprecedented move the EU have recalled their Ambassador to Russia, and now several other EU Countries are set to expel Russian Diplomats as well and all this followed the UK providing additional intelligence/evidence to the other 27 EU Countries. 

Lol.

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Yeah but you would say they that - they’ve got to you already. I mean, I haven’t had evidence presented to me signed by every scientist on the planet that says it was definitely Russia - do you honestly expect me to rely on previous events and probability? It’s clearly a reverse spy britnat double cross conspiracy against poor Vlad who’s never been found guilty in court of anything bad. I’m just asking questions...

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Yeah but you would say they that - they’ve got to you already. I mean, I haven’t had evidence presented to me signed by every scientist on the planet that says it was definitely Russia - do you honestly expect me to rely on previous events and probability? It’s clearly a reverse spy britnat double cross conspiracy against poor Vlad who’s never been found guilty in court of anything bad. I’m just asking questions...

Me being slow.  It's early.

:levein2:

Edited by Victorian

maroonlegions

If ever there was a song ever written about the reality of east west tensions then this is it. Simplistic in its wording but hides so much more in regards to the cesspit of global politics and the dangers of a third world war. This band have been have been singing and writing about it since the early days of punk.

Killing Joke - New Cold War - YouTube

bout 
hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCPYBEIoBSFXyq4qpAwsIARUAAIhCGAFwAQ==&rs=AOn4CLD7xxK-lrL4xKiElFjdjpCauY1GPA

Closing in on the eastern border
It´s a unicentric one world order
With sinorussian capitulation
It´s an orchestrated end of nations

Food prices soaring as the sanctions kicked in
And all the hawks cried more

Oil prices falling and the propaganda talks war
Minerva has decreed a state of attrition

Hostilities new cold war
New cold war new cold war

In the arctic wastes under sheets of ice
Mineral resources corporate forces´ eye
Occupation ensures supply
Colour coded revolutions sustain the lie

Breakin´ in a cold sweat just like the good old days
The drum beat of hostilities has started to play
A perverted thrill reminiscent of the big chill
Hair trigger giving everyone a shiver

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCPYBEIoBSFXyq4qpAwsIARUAAIhCGAFwAQ==&rs=AOn4CLASqWlIza6kEouY6oHkr2cldRCTkw

Back to square one and the old school back fire, its just begun , lets watch the blind eyes turning, nice day blue sky we watch then shrug their shoulders, tighten the grip now see the ball is rolling.

Back to square one another empire backfire, back to square one and the old school backfire. We take delight ts been a long wait for this moment , lets take delight its been a long wait for this moment. Sign of the time blood pressure running high now, nowhere to dance, which channel can you turn too, back to square one and another empire backfire.

Francis Albert
23 hours ago, Victorian said:

No metallic headgear here but a lot of EU leaders have an interest in deflecting public attention from their own problems and failings.

"No plausible other explanation" would not in itself in any legitimate court be grounds for conviction.

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No metallic headgear here but a lot of EU leaders have an interest in deflecting public attention from their own problems and failings.

"No plausible other explanation" would not in itself in any legitimate court be grounds for conviction.

Why do people insist in comparing an international diplomatic/security infraction with a court case?       They aren't comparable in any way.     Russia is not and will not be placed on trial to face any charges.     There is no necessity to prove Russia guilty.     It is not a member of the public who remains innocent until proved guilty in a "legitimate court".

Here's a wee clue for fans of television courtroom dramas.

If and when the UK authorities identify and detain A PERSON OR PERSONS as suspects in the crime,    that person or those people will be indicted on the relevant charges and placed on trial in a legitimate court where they (as innocent) will be tried on an evidential basis and will either be convicted or exonerated.

Here without  identifying the person they will refer to them as a person of interest, this is basically saying there are some things that make this person worth speaking to and investigating, but at this time there is unsufficient evidence to suggest any charges or other action.

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Why do people insist in comparing an international diplomatic/security infraction with a court case?       They aren't comparable in any way.     Russia is not and will not be placed on trial to face any charges.     There is no necessity to prove Russia guilty.     It is not a member of the public who remains innocent until proved guilty in a "legitimate court".

Ijust think before we indulge in escalation of a "diplomatic/ security infraction" we should have a resonable standard of proof. Certainly better than the US had in the Bay of Tolkin for example or that we and the US had in Iraq. There are many other examples where diplomatic outrage falling short of military action was based on pretty thin ice ... to put it mildly.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ijust think before we indulge in escalation of a "diplomatic/ security infraction" we should have a resonable standard of proof. Certainly better than the US had in the Bay of Tolkin for example or that we and the US had in Iraq. There are many other examples where diplomatic outrage falling short of military action was based on pretty thin ice ... to put it mildly.

Well the failings and subsequent shitstorm recriminations of the past are and will undoubtedly inform state policies of the present day and future.     I highly doubt anyone has an appetite for getting their fingers caught in the till again.   

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well the failings and subsequent shitstorm recriminations of the past are and will undoubtedly inform state policies of the present day and future.     I highly doubt anyone has an appetite for getting their fingers caught in the till again.   

I think you overestimate nations' ability to.learn from their mistakes. History is against you i fear.

Space Mackerel
On 23/03/2018 at 16:56, JamboX2 said:

Well Greece and Crete was mainly by land as the Balkans were controlled. But the Royal Navy was doing a lot of convoy raiding in and around Malta and the Greek Islands. After Taranto the RN was in control - nominally - of the seas in the Med. 

If the UK mainland was invaded the Kreigsmarine lacked the requisite number of ships and transports to get supplies back to and from France to the UK. The Home Fleet was our largest fleet. In the event of invasion it would've been the last best hope to cut the supply routes. And in a narrow space like the Channel that's easier to win and control than the Med. 

If you look at the war in North Africa after the Italian fleet was defeated and consigned to port the Afrika Korps and Italian Armies soon began falling back and running out of supplies.

One point to also consider is the German fleet took some early major lossses and after Norway fell wasn't up for much. Hence it's lack of involvement in stopping the evacuation at Dunkirk.

Youve been Googling again, haven’t you? ?

Space Mackerel
On 23/03/2018 at 18:22, Victorian said:

Now, why would the EU do that given what’s going on here domestically and politically? ?

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Here without  identifying the person they will refer to them as a person of interest, this is basically saying there are some things that make this person worth speaking to and investigating, but at this time there is unsufficient evidence to suggest any charges or other action.

Or perhaps that they have enough on low-level people to charge them but are trying to get them to flip.

33 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Or perhaps that they have enough on low-level people to charge them but are trying to get them to flip.

People have too much honour to flip, I am sure you couidn't name two.  There is certainly no bann on it that I know of and each man a fort.

20 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Subjective and tin foil hat stuff.

Dear dear 

On 23/03/2018 at 18:22, Victorian said:

All based on subjective opinion.

Please take your tin foil hat off and stop your baseless conspiracy theories .

My god you cannot argue logic with your type.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, jake said:

Subjective and tin foil hat stuff.

Dear dear 

"Perhaps" is often used to denote speculation. As in conjecture that something might be happening.

I haven't a clue what's happening in this particular case but flipping is a very common prosecution technique in these kinds of cases.

2 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

"Perhaps" is often used to denote speculation. As in conjecture that something might be happening.

I haven't a clue what's happening in this particular case but flipping is a very common prosecution technique in these kinds of cases.

A very .

No sorry without fail in these types of cases is that spies swapped are not assassinated.

You carry on with your conspiracy tin foil stuff.

Believing those that gave you Kuwaiti babies and wmds.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 minutes ago, jake said:

A very .

No sorry without fail in these types of cases is that spies swapped are not assassinated.

You carry on with your conspiracy tin foil stuff.

Believing those that gave you Kuwaiti babies and wmds.

Jake, you're drunk, go to bed, we'll chat in the morning.

Sorry.

If the argument is very common occurrences then the fact is that there is no occurrence of swapped spies being assassinated.

The arguments being put forward whether or not you believe a certain party to be bad (ignoring the accuser of the same behaviour) is based on no previous experience and no benefit .

Because it's beneficial to both sides not to do this.

I posted earlier about signs of false flags.

So I'm accusing those who blame Russia without proof of precedent or evidence or motive as tin foil hat conspiracy nuts.

It's remarkable the way the extremists will tie themselves into pretzel shapes to avoid owning up to the fact that they've been royally scammed.  :rofl:

shaun.lawson
3 hours ago, jake said:

I posted earlier about signs of false flags.

So I'm accusing those who blame Russia without proof of precedent or evidence or motive as tin foil hat conspiracy nuts.

That was what I feared you were suggesting. Oh boy oh boy.

I've no idea if this has already been posted on the thread - but if not, it's well worth a read. Trouble is, it's even longer than one of my posts, so you'll need an hour or two to spare. What's been going on is, well, as chilling as it could get.

This link is to part 2, the longest and most engrossing section of a brilliant, rigorously detailed six-parter. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/from-russia-with-blood-14-suspected-hits-on-british-soil?utm_term=.eujOQkAD3#.xw9pme1kD

6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

It's remarkable the way the extremists will tie themselves into pretzel shapes to avoid owning up to the fact that they've been royally scammed.  :rofl:

I know never ceases to amaze me either.

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've no idea if this has already been posted on the thread - but if not, it's well worth a read. Trouble is, it's even longer than one of my posts, so you'll need an hour or two to spare. What's been going on is, well, as chilling as it could get.

This link is to part 2, the longest and most engrossing section of a brilliant, rigorously detailed six-parter. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/from-russia-with-blood-14-suspected-hits-on-british-soil?utm_term=.eujOQkAD3#.xw9pme1kD

Buzz feed ?

Think I will give it a miss thanks.

5 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Nice to see you back Shaun. For us guys that are a bit too covered in bacofoil could you copy and paste the excerpt that gives us irrevocable facts about this particular incident please?

Whataboutery is extremely easy in this case given that we have been "at war" with the Russkies in one form or another since the second world war. There are lots of incidents to choose from. The trouble here though is that there are lots of incidents to choose from our lot as well and our history goes back a lot longer than that of the "bad" Russians. Yep, that's right, they used to be good didn't they? I wonder what happened to make them bad?

No doubt you would love to regale us with tales of uncaring leaders eliminating dissenting voices in the most awful of ways but, before you do, you should maybe ask yourself where they got the idea for that sort of behaviour, bearing in mind  they were starting a brand new country with a brand new system of Government whilst being opposed and demonised by half the world. 

While you ponder on that you may wish to spare a thought for #BlackLivesMatter, and rise up against the British establishment for their continuing maltreatment of Black people. I mean everyone's seen the video's of American cops shooting Black people for, well, being Black. But we all know that it wasn't them, oh no, it was the British establishment because they have form for this, especially the Tories. 

Now, that may be a silly example, of course it's a silly example because there is one crucial difference in the two narratives and that is, the existence of evidence. Yep, that's all us tinfoil hat wearers are asking for Shaun. 

We've been through two referendums in quick succession where everyone we are being asked to trust lied through their teeth. We have no choice but to question them and so far they have no answers. 

I could go on, but I feel my point is made. Hard facts and irrefutable evidence from now on, not the word of the depraved pig f*****g classes.

5 hours ago, jake said:

Buzz feed ?

Think I will give it a miss thanks.

Twice you've been asked to read that article twice you've refused......

You say you are open to all sources of news.