Demi Mitchell not Injured

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

Demi was taken off last night as a precaution as he had a wee bit of a sore knee, but is fine according to CL

Good news for Sunday

Just now, johnmitchell said:

Adao pulled up too with a loud shriek, hope he's okay for Sunday. 

Didn’t realise that. he’s a key player in midfield. 

8 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Adao pulled up too with a loud shriek, hope he's okay for Sunday. 

Saw that, I thought it may have been his groin at the time but he seemed to run whatever it was off.

Good news. 

Two big games coming up that we really need him for.

Never realised that happened with Adao, hope he's ok. Only solid looking midfield player we have at the moment.

Good to hear Demi's going to be ok for Sunday. Adao has made such a difference to the team already, really hope we can keep him past the summer. Cochrane and Naismith getting 90 minutes is great as well. What was the script with Souttar last night? Finished work at 7 and got through the turnstile at kick off so didn't hear or see anything about his absence.

alwaysthereinspirit

Two very big players for us already. On Adao. Whats the record in Scottish football for yellow cards in a row starting with your first game after signing. He's not even close to being a dirty player. Committed maybe but not nasty. Scottish officials are $#!te.

3 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Good to hear Demi's going to be ok for Sunday. Adao has made such a difference to the team already, really hope we can keep him past the summer. Cochrane and Naismith getting 90 minutes is great as well. What was the script with Souttar last night? Finished work at 7 and got through the turnstile at kick off so didn't hear or see anything about his absence.

I'm sure I heard he had a tight hamstring but could be wrong.  I think it was a late call off so hopefully just a precaution for Sunday.

5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Two very big players for us already. On Adao. Whats the record in Scottish football for yellow cards in a row starting with your first game after signing. He's not even close to being a dirty player. Committed maybe but not nasty. Scottish officials are $#!te.

The way he rushes in to tackles make him an easy target for referees.  I don't think you can stop this now as it's just his style of play.  Is it 6 bookings for a suspension. 

There were other just as bad tackles and pushes on players that didn't even warrant a talking to last night.  Inconsistent referees again.

8 minutes ago, livi said:

I'm sure I heard he had a tight hamstring but could be wrong.  I think it was a late call off so hopefully just a precaution for Sunday.

Yeah thats what CL and our twitter said

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

His booking last night, and in the St Johnstone cup tie, were an absolute joke. 

11 minutes ago, livi said:

Cheers. Hopefully fit for Sunday then. I think a back 3 suits us and also means we can just have Cochrane and Adao as our central two.

2 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

His booking last night, and in the St Johnstone cup tie, were an absolute joke. 

Pretty sure that was Amankwaa!

42 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Pretty sure that was Amankwaa!

Racist post IMO 

kidding ?

Adao as is a big player for us and already he is targeted by the refs. 

1 hour ago, john5698 said:

Saw that, I thought it may have been his groin at the time but he seemed to run whatever it was off.

Yep, due to the shitty condition of our pitch coupled with the weather conditions.  At least we didn't fork out a fortune to lay a new surface last year.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Think it's getting to the stage that no-one will want to be the first ref NOT to book him.

His style of play will always draw attention from referees but some of his bookings have been ridiculous when you see other challenges that go unpunished in the same game

18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Adao as is a big player for us and already he is targeted by the refs. 

He was a target for the refs the very moment he signed for us. 

Just now, johnmitchell said:

Pretty sure it wasn't! 

Apologies, just checked livescore and saw Adao was booked as well! Somehow missed that at the match as I only remembered the Amankwaa one, which was also a little harsh given the foul that he was on the end of.

Can only assume the Adao one was as ridiculous as some of the others he's received since I don't even remember and incident which was worthy of him being booked.

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Apologies, just checked livescore and saw Adao was booked as well! Somehow missed that at the match as I only remembered the Amankwaa one, which was also a little harsh given the foul that he was on the end of.

Can only assume the Adao one was as ridiculous as some of the others he's received since I don't even remember and incident which was worthy of him being booked.

It was an absolute nothing challenge, he let far worse go without even giving a free kick (the lead up to their goal for a start), it seems to me that refs now just have to book the new guy, it's almost like they're having a competition of some sort, and the first person who doesn't book him loses, it's  beyond a joke. 

pattythejambo
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Demi was taken off last night as a precaution as he had a wee bit of a sore knee, but is fine according to CL

Good news for Sunday

Great news he brings an urgency to the game, always trying to make things happen imagine what he’ll be like in a year or so, don’t know what he has left on his contract but us getting him on loan for another year loan would be fantastic.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Cheers. Hopefully fit for Sunday then. I think a back 3 suits us and also means we can just have Cochrane and Adao as our central two.

Doubt if Hughes’s will manage three games in a week, been poor anyway.

Pasquale for King

He’s had a knee twinge for two weeks apparently. He really needs to learn how to defend better and go outside his man, he always cuts inside. He’s only 21 and will have a good career but will need to improve to get into the Man Utd team imo. 

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

ASk Brellier 

Archived